Start by marking “Transactions of Belongings” as Want to Read:
Transactions of Belongings

Transactions of Belongings

The short stories in the collection blend emotion and introspection. Moments of urgency and sweetness are fully canvassed and explored. The stories draw out and examine the texture of emotional belonging. In "His Curls," a mother suffers the anguish of wondering if her son is a terrorist. The ending is left to interpretation and several possibilities. The reader is forced ...more
Paperback, First, 197 pages
Published 2014 by Platinum Press

To ask other readers questions about Transactions of Belongings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transactions of Belongings

Bhavya
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bhavya by: Publisher
Shelves: indian
The minute the book reaches your hand you think about the two eyes, wonder what secret might be lurking in them, wonder what questions they are raising and wonder why half the face is hidden.

When you start reading and finish each story, you realise why the face is not revealed. The face could be yours or mine, the story could be his or hers. The 12 stories are very humane and some of them very disturbing and hauntingly beautiful.

The language used is simple and straight, the South Indian touch is
VaultOfBooks
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
By JAYA PADMANABHAN. Grade A

Very few books can make their readers pick them up just using just their title. And out of these few, it is rare to find a book that stands up to the reason you chose it. This was one such book. What piqued my interest is how my mind interpreted the title. In one of her interviews, the AUTHOR says “Belonging represents the most valuable COMMODITY that is at the heart of every relationship. Belonging wraps into itself the concepts of give and take, adaptability, accept
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws

I have to admit that I picked up this book based solely on its title. ‘Transactions of Belonging’ sounded a bit ominous and it genuinely made me curious about this anthology of short stories by a single author.

This anthology contains twelve astonishingly daring and beautiful short stories that delve into human emotions thoroughly. From a mother daughter relationship to the life of an lonely old man to a mother anguishing over whether her son is a terroris
Natasha Borah Khan
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found the cover very intriguing. A pair of eyes peering over a crumpled/worn out piece of paper promises that the stories would be different. And different they were.

The book consists of twelve short stories, all different and quite intense. But a sense of sadness and a lot of emotions are common to all. Here's a peek into the stories:

"The Blue Arc" is the story of a young girl who, given her background, had a promising future. But fate played a cruel joke on her family and she turned into a
Riz
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
On instinct, read this collection starting with the last story first and working my way back to the first one and glad I did as each got better than the other. They are all dark, very dark, but bring to light that underbelly of human existence that we wish to brush aside but are forced to acknowledge in the stories.
Vinay Leo
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review on A Bookworm’s Musing: http://wp.me/p2J8yh-2MR

What I liked:
+ True to life, intense stories
+ Style of writing, attention to details
+ Wonderful memorable characters

These stories I know will remain with me for a long time. I liked each of them, and it was a different type of stories. A brilliant book, for sure.
Mithun
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4/5

Good writing, really brings out the emotions of the characters in the different short stories. Might be a bit on the broodier side though. The stories are nicely paced and are short enough to read in 15 minutes each, if you don't get sidetracked in between as I usually am. Overall a good read.
Shilpa
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting bunch of stories .. Good read . Well written
Hemantkumar Jain
Jul 05, 2014 rated it liked it
An interesting set of stories.

Intense, Unpredictable, even Strange at times.

Enjoyed reading them