Start by marking “The Fragrance of Crushed Violets: Forgiving the Inexcusable” as Want to Read:
The Fragrance of Crushed Violets: Forgiving the Inexcusable

The Fragrance of Crushed Violets: Forgiving the Inexcusable

Published May 16th 2014 by Wordvessel Press (first published May 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Fragrance of Crushed Violets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fragrance of Crushed Violets

Start your review of The Fragrance of Crushed Violets: Forgiving the Inexcusable
Julie Barrett
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Fragrance of Crushed Violets by Cathy Bryant
This book is just the companion bible study, not reading book with the same name.
Bible studies about forgiveness. There are quotes from the Bible and real life instances of how a community reacts to a shooter walking into a girls school and killing some.
Lots of scriptures are quoted to back up the authors interpretations.
Other works by the author are highlighted at the end.
Kim Hampton
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic Bible study about forgiveness, with thought provoking questions and verses. I highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling with this topic.
Musings of a Middle-aged Mum
This book is a Bible study about forgiveness, so we can learn about God's forgiveness of ourselves in order for us to forgive others.

This is a short book of only 72 pages, but it is filled with God's word. There are plenty of examples given of forgiveness in the Bible and how it can apply to our lives. At the end of each chapter there are open questions for us to reflect upon what we have read and what we can do.

The main negative I have for this book, are that the Bible verses were not explicitl
Charlene
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy Study in Forgiveness

This book was free. 80% is a simple to follow bible study on forgiveness which can be done on one's own or as a group study. The last 20% was a chapter from the author's upcoming work of fiction.
Susan
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspriational
Oops. ”Many times, to confuse and trip us up, Satan, the ruler of this world . . .” That passage is false, God is the Earth’s ruler, so into the trash this book went.
Jalynn Patterson
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

What do we do when a loved one, boss, co-worker, friend, or enemy seem determined to bring us down through an attack? How do we handle it when their assault is personal, public, deep, unjust, unfair, and unfounded? Take it one step further. How do we deal with meaningless acts of destruction and death, say in something similar to the Twin Towers incident or a school shooting, especially when the offender shows no remorse? Do we rack it up to "one more senseless act" and chance to
Kathleen E.
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
The Fragrance of Crushed Violets: Forgiving the Inexcusable by Cathy Bryant, © 2014

While studying the scriptures and researching in preparation for writing her fifth novel, A Bridge Unbroken, Cathy Bryant dove deeper into true forgiveness, completely on its own ~ without the world view or other Biblical principles woven within. This study is the resulting sharing of that searching.

Willingness.
Beyond what "sounds right" to relying totally on the truth of God's Word, not al
Julie D.
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a Bible study on the subject of forgiveness. It's not a long study, but very concise and I gained so much from it!

The thing I loved the most was all the Scriptures that Cathy showed that talks about forgiveness and how important it is to God that we forgive. Sometimes, those Scriptures hurt (we must forgive to be forgiven) and brought light to areas of my life where I have been harboring unforgiveness. That's exactly what the study was all about, so I really felt that I learned so much
Carol
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion , this book is a must for every Christian home.
The books address how to reap the benefits of forgiveness,
trust in God’s promises, learn humility and find contentment,
peace and joy for your inner soul. You will discover how to
handle horrify events such as those that end in death and
destruction as school shootings, events like the Boston
Marathon, personal attacks which put you down, home
invasions, armed robberies of hard working people and on and
on where the culprit/s has no rem
Freda Mans-Labianca
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bible-study
This little book packed a really big punch to me. I thought, before reading this, that I was a forgiving person and was easily able to let things go. I've now come to realize that I may just be a 'stuffer'. Someone who stuffs it all inside and tries to forget about it. Forgetting is not forgiving. Letting go, is. When you try to forget, you just accumulate the pain.
I now see I didn't let things go. I hold on deeply to them, so far inside it was out-of-sight. I see it now though.
Forgiveness doesn
Miranda A. Uyeh
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a book that approaches the topic of forgiveness in a gentle but poignant way. Using Scripture, the first chapters define what forgiveness really is from God’s point of view, even disputing some skewed perceptions of it that exist among Christians. Simply put, this guide tells what forgiveness is, what it isn't, what God expects from us and why He does, the roles the three persons of the Trinity have to play, as well as create a platform that will allow readers to either meditate individu ...more
Laurie
"How does knowing that God wipes the slate clean affect you? How does knowing that He- who knows everything- chooses not to remember when in comes to your sin?"

And then I must ask myself, knowing this, do I choose to remember the sins of others?

"To be a Christian means forgiving the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." C. S. Lewis

It isn't that we can forget the offenses of others , because sometimes the scars are deep; we choose, however, not to think about them, not to
Amy
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great devotional about forgiveness. Goes along with the A Bridge Unbroken A Miller's Creek Novel.
Read my full review on my blog http://myseasonsofopportunities.blogs...
Linda Rainey
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a very heart felt book about forgiveness.
It's about forgiving what is inexcusable.
This caused me to pray and forgive decades old grudges.
Prepare to do some "bare your soul"praying
Sharon Rudolph
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book on forgiveness. I read this book in an online bible study with the author and it was wonderful! I learned so much about forgiveness.
Courtney Whisenant
This was a great study on forgiveness! The book is pretty short but rich in content with tons of scripture references. Highly recommended!!
Joyce
Jun 25, 2014 marked it as to-read
Cathy guest posted on my blog today about her new book.

The Gift of Forgiveness {guest post - the fragrance of crushed violets} http://wp.me/pYWUP-1tZ via @Godsfiningfire
Maria
Kate
Jan 17, 2015
Jennifer Warren
Jul 01, 2019

• Christmas Blessings (Cape Light #18)
  • Gil
  • A Father for Christmas (A Holiday Romance)
  • Lost and Found
  • The Healing Handbook: An Essential Guide to Healing the Sick
  • Love at First Bark (Love Unleashed, #0.5)
  • Twelve Days of Christmas
  • Angels in the Realms of Heaven: The Reality of Angelic Ministry Today
  • Walking With God (Excerpt): 101 Lessons for Life and Ministry
  • Gauntlet of Iniquity (Azuleah Trilogy #2)
  • Low Carb Slow Cooker: Deliciously Simple Low Carb Recipes For Healthy Living (low carb slow cooker recipes, low carb slow cooker cookbook Book 1)
  • When Your Pet Dies...A Healing Handbook for Kids (Elf-Help Books for Kids)
  • Second Best Thing: Marilyn, JFK, and a Night to Remember
  • Low Carb Recipes: 100 Low Carb Desserts for Successful Weight Loss in 2 Weeks
  • The Christmas Room
  • Peace Therapy
  • Music Therapy (Elf Self Help)
  • Paleo Recipes for Rapid Weight Loss: 50 Delicious, Quick & Easy Recipes to Help Melt Your Damn Stubborn Fat Away!: Paleo Recipes, Paleo, Paleo Cookbook, Paleo Diet, Paleo Recipe Book, Paleo Cookbook
Now that Cathy has moved her books to a faith-based writing ministry, all of her eBooks can be downloaded for free. if you would like to support her ministry -- whether financially, in prayer, or by sharing the books with others -- please visit this page for more info: https://cathybryantbooks.wordpress.co...

TEXAS ROADS (Book 1; Christian contemporary romance): https://cathybryantbooks.wordpress.c

News & Interviews