Start by marking “People Tools for Business” as Want to Read:
People Tools for Business

Read Excerpt

People Tools for Business

Mastering the art of working well with others is the key to success. Whether you are just entering the workforce or have been running a business for years, this book will help you build the career—and life—of your dreams.

MAKE A CAREER OUT OF BEING HAPPY
Based on the countless lessons gleaned from a distinguished and highly profitable business career, Alan
Published September 30th 2014 by SelectBooks (first published September 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about People Tools for Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People Tools for Business

Joseph McGarry
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
I received a free copy of this book from 12 Books Group in exchange for this review.

People Tools for Business is Alan Fox's follow up to People Tools. In this book, he explores 50 different tools to help people in business and in life. He spent many years in the practice of law, and now is CEO of a company that manages more than $1.5 billion of commercial real estate. He's not as famous as Donald Trump, and he doesn't have his own TV show, but from reading the book, he's been quite successful.<
Louis Prosperi
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
An insightful and inspiring collection of strategies and tools for your business and your life.

This book is a collection of 50 “tools” focused on success in business. The author has worked as an accountant, lawyer, real estate developer, and writer. His broad background has provided him with a variety of experiences from which he has drawn the tools he shares in this book.

The tools in this book span a wide range of topics, covering all manner of situations in which we oft
Skjam!
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: business oriented people
Recommended to Skjam! by: Goodreads
Disclaimer: I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway on the premise that I would review it. My copy is an uncorrected galley, and there may be changes in the final product.

Alan C. Fox is a successful real estate manager and entrepreneur (and poetry magazine publisher) and previously wrote a book titled People Tools. That book was a success, so he has written this sequel that focuses on business-related strategies. It’s divided into fifty short chapters, each with an story or two
Susan Beamon
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from 12 Books, a business book club at Goodreads for free.
I tend to read business books as self-help books, mostly because I'm retired and finally have the time to read. I find many of the books are better self improvement books than the ones marketed for that purpose. This slim volume exceeds most of the others I've read in that department. It has taken many strategies and boiled them down to their essences. A lot of his chapters have been made into entire books by ot
Mohammed Al Zahrani
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
What I liked about this book is that it's not boring at all. The book is very simple and easy to read. I certainly recommend it for anyone. The tools by Alan Fox are useful for everyone! Not only business guys!
Despite the fact that I'm a very slow reader, I finished the book in a very short time.
Rhonda
Jan 16, 2015 is currently reading it
I saw the author on the Steve Harvey Show and like the title. I figured I need to read it. I pride myself on relationships with my customers but always like people who give back. And I have some time this weekend so downloaded it & reading it.
John
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
He wrote some other ones, but I liked the ease with which I went through this one (28 hrs?)
Fantastic, Mr. Fox!
Steve
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good book. I learned from some of the chapters, but the last chapter was really interesting. I liked the fact that the book keeps you engaged because the chapters are small and to the point.
Lisa Kosak
Aug 31, 2015
Morenda Wysinger
Jan 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
12 Books - Author...: People Tools for Business - December 2014 7 36 Dec 17, 2014 08:49AM

• The Art of Dealing with People
  • Piano On The Beach
  • Personality Plus for Couples: Understanding Yourself and the One You Love
  • Go for Gold: Inspiration to Increase Your Leadership Impact
  • Overcoming Fake Talk: How to Hold Real Conversations That Create Respect, Build Relationships, and Get Results
  • So What?: How to Communicate What Really Matters to Your Audience
  • Get Big Things Done: The Power of Connectional Intelligence
  • Confidence: The Art of Getting Whatever You Want
  • The Playground Principle: 10 Steps to Enhance Your Working Partnerships
  • The 100/0 Principle: The Secret of Great Relationships
  • What To Do When There's Too Much To Do: Reduce Tasks, Increase Results, and Save 90 a Minutes Day
  • Succeeding When You're Supposed to Fail: The 6 Enduring Principles of High Achievement
  • Cultivate: The Power of Winning Relationships
  • 3 Seconds: The Power of Thinking Twice
  • The Social Climber's Bible: A Book of Manners, Practical Tips, and Spiritual Advice for the Upwardly Mobile
  • Quiet Phoenix: An Introvert's Guide to Rising in Career & Life
  • ShiftPoints
  • Think and Grow Rich "Stickability": The Power of Perseverance
Entrepreneur. Philanthropist. Game Changer.

Alan Fox has lived a long and joyful life, achieving tremendous success in many different arenas. He has advanced degrees in accounting, law, education, and professional writing. He has expanded his commercial real estate company, ACF Property Management, Inc into a billion dollar enterprise since founding it in 1968. He founded Rattle Poetry