Start by marking “New American Commentary: Acts (New American Commentary)” as Want to Read:
New American Commentary: Acts (New American Commentary)

New American Commentary: Acts (New American Bible Commentary, New Testament Set)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
THE NEW AMERICAN COMMENTARY is for the minister or Bible student who wants to understand and expound the Scriptures. Notable features include: * commentary based on THE NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION; * the NIV text printed in the body of the commentary; * sound scholarly methodology that reflects capable research in the original languages; * interpretation that emphasizes the ...more
Published January 6th 1992 by Holman Reference (first published January 1992)

Jimmy Reagan
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a good mixture of being pastor friendly and economical, you should look up this volume in the highly-regarded New American Commentary (NAC) series. John Polhill is comfortable in this territory as he has also given us the helpful “Paul and his Letters” with the same publisher. He’s had two decades of teaching and preaching on Acts and it shows in this book. In the first paragraph of his preface, he tells us that he aims this commentary at pastors first. He has succeeded in ...more
John Brackbill
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
"The word of God in Christ--not Peter, not Paul--is the real hero of Acts" (Polhill). Great way to end the commentary. Out of all the commentaries, I used this one I found to be consistently concise but thorough. Peterson and especially Schnabel are thorough but concise they are not. The further I worked through the book of Acts the more I valued this excellent contribution.

11 Commentaries I used cover to cover through an expositional series through the book of Acts. Of course, this ranking doe
Nathan Parker
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good solid, exegetical commentary on the book of Acts. The author does a fine job heavily breaking down the passages of Acts and offering a solid, Biblically sound commentary of the passages of Scripture. I would highly recommend it to readers needing a more solid understanding of the book of Acts.
Alannie Marshall
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I read this book for my BIBL 364 course at Liberty University. While it was a decent commentary, it was also very very dense. This is good, as it was also very informative, but bad because it wasn't a very easy read. Overall, it did the job and I learned a lot.
Corey Hampton
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
This commentary has some good insights, but I definitely won't be using it as a main resource. I'm eager to read David G. Peterson's commentary on Acts.
Jake Brock
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and insightful analysis of the Acts of the Apostles. Among the most impressive commentaries on this powerful book of the Bible I have seen!
Phil
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Commentary, this was required reading with liberty university online class.
Joe Taylor
Sep 29, 2012
Ricky LeMons
Apr 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

New American Bible Commentary, New Testament Set (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Matthew (New American Commentary)
  • Mark (New American Commentary)
  • Luke (New American Commentary)
  • John 1-11: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture
  • New American Commentary: John 12-21 (New American Commentary)
  • Romans: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture
  • The New American Commentary: 1 Corinthians (New American Commentary)
  • 2 Corinthians: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture
  • Galatians: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture
  • Philippians, Colossians, Philemon: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture