Start by marking “The Girl He Knows (No Strings Attached, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Girl He Knows (No Strings Attached, #1)

The Girl He Knows

(No Strings Attached #1)

Waking up naked next to a good looking man is not a bad way to start the day. Especially since Paisley missed all those opportunities in college, when she was too busy supporting her no good, thankfully now, ex-husband. The problem? This hottie is Hank, her best friend’s older brother, a guy she’s known her entire life.

Stopping after one night is the right thin
ebook
Published August 18th 2014 by Lyrical Press, A Kensington Publishing Corp Imprint (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl He Knows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl He Knows

Mandy
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! The book begins with Paisley waking up in bed with her best friends older brother, Hank. She's recently divorced and is trying to find herself after her failed marriage. At times, I found Paisley to be a little frustrating and weak but I loved her and Hank together and he really brought out the best in her character. Hank is funny, sweet, romantic, kind, and in the Navy. He's the perfect book boyfriend! I really enjoyed the supporting characters and Paisley's group of ...more
SheLove2Read
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
3.5 stars I think I would have enjoyed it more if Paisley had not been so wishy washy in her feelings towards Hank.
Lisa Gemmell
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC copy from Netgalley for a honest review.

Lots of humour and romance involved in this book. It's been a while since I read a funny romance. It had me laughing out loud a few times and couldn't get enough of the chemistry between all the characters, even her crazy best friends.

Paisley is divorced and isn't looking for a boyfriend. So when she finds herself in bed with Hank, her best-friends brother, she is on unknown territory. Hank is sweet, trust
Tali
A free copy of this book was provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This review does contain some spoilers.

I have struggled with how to review this story quite a bit because I found it in parts promising, but frustrating. The Girl He Knows is the story of Paisley, who is determined to move on and throw herself into the dating scene following her divorce from her cheating husband. However, despite her plans, she doesn't expect for her first conquest to be her best fri
Rhenna Morgan
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Man, I needed this book. The quirky, fun humor hit me at just the right time. I swear to God, I laughed so damned hard through the sex toy party I couldn't see straight. I mean, really, who hasn't been in that exact (and grossly awkward) situation? Even better is when Hank finds BOB. ;)

Yes, the humor was great and the back and forth tension between Hank and Paisley was spot on for this light, enjoyable romance, but I think the part I liked even better were the rich emotional arcs. I
Anya Monroe
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is laugh out loud funny, but with an undercurrent of the difficulty of accepting love after betrayal. Paisley is relatable, she's flawed, but genuine, and I think that's what makes her so likable.

The romance in this book is tender and sexy and sweet. Hank is swoon worthy, right from the start. The chemistry between him and Paisley had me rooting for them from the beginning. There were some heavier tones in this book, but I think they balance the more hilarious parts. It isn't just flu
Sabine Priestley
This was a lovely read.  I enjoyed the insights I got from struggles I've never personally understood. It's a wonderful coming home and finding yourself story. I did want that last scene, however.  Mrs. Rose, you owe me a shower scene.
Rhea Dsouza
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who like mindless fluff stuff
*whining*

See, now this is exactly the type of book I want to avoid, but end up reading. It makes me want to tear my hair out and scream that I never seem to learn how to select books. Like, seriously? When will I fucking learn?

In my defense, the premise of this book was really good. And I have hair like the model on the cover so maybe that justifies it?

Oh well.

The Girl He Knows #1 photo joe-dirt-hangs-head-shame-runs-o_zps9f58b087.gif

This is one of those books. Ones that don’t even need explaining. You read the premise and you get the general idea of the book. And I was looking for a light read so eh, why the hell not, right?

It was a light read. It was mindless fluff. But the problem is, I’d expected much more.

*end whining*

Paisley is a doormat. No seriously. She’s a spineless Mary Sue and my God, it shows in every word she says. She’s just gotten over a divorce from her life-sucking ex-husband but it seems like she’s learnt absolutely nothing from him.

She will get on your nerves. She will stomp all over your expectations. You will want to just finish the book already.

I did, however, discover her greatest problem.

The Girl He Knows #2 photo giphy_zps248791d2.gif

That’s right. Our beloved MC thinks too much.

The saddest event of her life is waking up beside Hank—her best friend’s brother—who rocked her world. And if the sex was as good as she thought it was, instead of sneaking out the fucking window, I’d give him the keys to my HOUSE.

She freaks out and freaks out and guess what? She freaks out some more. What I don’t understand is this—They’re both adults who engaged in consenting sex. Dafuq is the problem?

I get that it might be awkward with Hank’s family but you will not believe the lengths Paisley went to, to keep the secret.

Let’s finish off this Hank character now.

This guy is confused. He really needs to get his shit together before falling into bed with a neurotic woman.

Picture this: Huge, hot sailor guy. Does not curse. Wants a no strings attached relationship. Gets sad every time Paisley goes on a date. Tells her that he loves her, then leaves. Ignores her when she tells him she loves him, and then tries to leave.

The Girl He Knows #3 photo tumblr_muvb4eDg271ssh8zco1_500_zps860455f2.gif

You need help, son.

I really didn’t appreciate the way too many issues were cramped into one book. And everything gets solved, as if by magic. Especially the way Paisley gets her HEA.

Poof, Hank is being a jerk.

Poof, Hank is in love with me.

Poof, Hank has always been in love with me.

Poof, I’m in love with Hank.

Poof, Rhea is now dead.

The Girl He Knows #4 photo tumblr_na8rrvBN3Z1rfduvxo1_500_zpsed526313.gif

Find this review and more at Rhea's Neon Journal.
Aliaa El-Nashar
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
I have mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand if you think about it in a light sort of way without concentrating on the characters too much, it's a fun, quick read, with elements of good humor. On the other hand, once you look into Paisley's character in depth, there's something just wrong there.

Some of the things that bugged me a little were the fact that you never know how Hank and Paisley ended up together in the first place for them to have the one night stand the book s
Nicole Peterson
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
*Review from my blog Skeleton Key Reviews http://skeletonkeyreviews.com/?p=309*

Paisley has just gotten out of a college marriage. She supported her med school husband and put her life on hold. Then finds him a couple of years later in her bed with some one else. Now she has to reenter dating society and learn to date all over again. She is determined to stand on her own two feet and not be a doormat again.

Hank is her sister’s hot Navy brother. She has always counted on him and has always been attracted to him.
Kimberly
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Girl He Knows is a sweet love story. Filled with realistic characters and real-life situations. Hank is refreshingly normal. He's a hard working military man, not some billionaire alpha-male. He's masculine without the need to dominate. Paisley is rediscovering herself following a divorce. She's so concerned with the idea of needing to sow her wild oats that she loses herself. Kristi Rose does a wonderful job of creating Paisley's world. The dialogue is witty and real. What I loved most was ...more
G.L. Snodgrass
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is an excellent romance. Full of laughter but still maintaining a sense of reality. Paisley wakes up naked next to her best friend's older brother. Refusing to acknowledge a lifetime of secret attraction. Paisley and Hank agree to a no strings attached arrangement. Unfortunately, no strings only works when both partners don't really care. That is definitely not the case here. It is a fast, funny read that I highly recommend.
Sherri Malia
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read
This is a funny romance and a very good read. I love that one of the towns this is set in, is the town I live in. The detail of the characters and the way the families interact was very good. There are so many things in this book that I can relate to. I have been through divorce so I could relate. I have a best friend who dated & ended up marrying my brother. This was such a good, emotional rollercoaster read. I’d definitely read it again.
Katherine
Jul 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Thanks Netgalley for ARC
the book was short and good but it felt kinda slow.
More to come....
Charity Chimni
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Hank was amazing. He was supportive and trying to be the man Paisley needed even when she didn't truly know what she needed. He tried to take things at her pace to keep her comfortable. I was glad to see him stand up to her. and I absolutely love the last scene of the book... "Don't you dare say it!" This story was full of heart, friendship, self-discovery, and love. Can't wait for the rest of the series!
Keri
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good book. I really liked Paisley as the main character she develops well throughout the book. I also really liked her relationship with Hank, it didn't feel rushed or forced. Hank was a little unnecessarily stupid at the end but it didn't ruin the whole book for me. I just wish there had been a little more to the ending. I hate when the main characters exchange I love yous then the book just abruptly ends.
Beverly Guy
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I've laughed & cried with the characters as the author brings real life scenarios to the forefront through them. I'd highly recommend this book to anyone. Can't wait to read the next one in the series!
Lesley
May 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Friends to Lovers.
Not sure about this one. Wanted to knock their heads together. Why  couldn't Hank be clear about what he wanted rather than laid back? When he finally tells her his feelings, he rejects her! Not a book I will re-read.
julie vancise
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!

Would recommend this book to any romantic!! Couldn't put it down and now want to see where hank and paisley take their relationship! Fantastic!
Jeff
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and Flirty. Excellent debut novel from Kristi Rose. Mostly fun and light hearted, with just enough suspense to pull the heartstrings.
Amanda
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this ARC a few weeks ago and to be honest I was really nervous about starting the book. I have a problem where I get all these books I really want to read and then can’t decide what I’m in the mood for, plus, I work full-time, am an active runner, and beginning the process of grad school. Needless to say, I have to plan time to read, and when I make it through a book in two days–like I did with this–you know that it is something special.

I tend to gravitate toward
Home. Love. Books.
Sep 14, 2014 rated it liked it
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

This is one of those books that I loved during the first half and then by the time I was finished I had fallen out of love with. I wanted this book to be awesome, I loved the premise (quite frankly I'm obsessed with the whole falling for the best friends brother story line) but ultimately this book just didn't live up to its first half.

So the first half of the book is pretty funny and enjoyable. I liked Paisley, she's coming out of a
Joy Sallegue
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
The premise behind The Girl He Knows (TGHK for short) is a common theme in books and movies: two good friends agreeing to a “no strings attached” relationship and one of them falls in love with the other. Yes, there are some twists in TGHK but it basically follows that theme. So what is special about TGHK?

For one, this tried and tested no-strings-attached formula works. Still does, at least for me. I guess that’s because these things actually happen and because at one point in our li
Stephanie Marshall
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5 STARS...
I knew from the start of the book that I was going to love it. How can you not love a book that starts out with a girl being naked in bed, next to a naked man and to the sounds of his mom telling him it is time to wake up… (You just have to laugh!!!)

Paisley and Gigi have been friends all their lives, Hank just happens to be Gigi’s older brother. Paisley has not been going through the best time in her life, since her divorce just over a year ago. She is tryi
Kathleen
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can friends become lovers ... especially when it is with your best friend's brother?

After a painful divorce, Paisley McAllister is on a journey of self-discovery and rebuilding her life. But after waking up next to her best friend Gigi's older brother Hank, she's broken the BFF code of not coveting or fornicating with a friend's brother ... so what's she to do now?

Hank Lancaster is a Naval Officer who has returned home to Florida after an overseas tour in Japan. He's secr
Sherri Bryant
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
New to me author Kristi Rose offers a laugh out loud funny story about friends who become lovers. On the heels of her recent divorce, Paisley wakes up in her best friend, Gigi’s childhood home, naked, lying next to Gigi’s brother, Hank. After some serious freaking out, she manages to get dressed and makes her escape. When Hank proposes a no-strings attached relationship, Paisley agrees to it, thinking it will help her transition back into the dating life of a singleton. Neither one of them is pr ...more
Books Movies Fandoms
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Star Rating for this is: 4 out of 5! :)

My ‘Blogging Reader’s Review’ after reading ‘THE GIRL HE KNOWS' by Author KRISTI ROSE (via: Booksmoviesfandoms.wordpress.com):

This is a romance story about growing into oneself after divorce and figuring out what was missing in her failed marriage. ‘The Girl He Knows’ is written in the P.O.V. of the main character, Paisley who tries to become independent and explore the dating world. But one choice she makes will change everything.
My
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
****SPOILERS****
This is hard for me! I really enjoyed The Girl He Knows; I love this story of best friends becoming lovers. I do agree with another reviewer that I would have like the opening scene to have taken place at the first kiss, rather than the morning after. The book was funny, and cute! A good beach/summer read.

The character development was okay, and I kinda liked all the characters, they were people I would like to be around, especially Gigi. However, I just have few problems w
Julie
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

Newly divorced Paisley McAllistair wakes up naked in bed with her old friend, Hank, in his childhood home and is up and running. She needs to get out of there quickly before his parents see her. She fears the disapproval of their families if their one night stand is discovered. What an intriguing beginning for a romance novel! The frantic pace continues through most of the book.

It is a sweet, simple story set in a small town in Florida where everyone knows your business. Paisley is s
Marcia
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paisley married young, supported her husband through med school, then found out that he had used her to get through school, had been cheating on her regularly and once he was a doctor, filed for a divorce. Between that and the death of her beloved father when she was in high school, she doesn't trust her choices (her grandmother had offered her money NOT to marry Trevor) or love and wants to spend some time dating. However, the book begins with her waking up in bed with Hank, brother of her best ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Bargain Basement: GIVEAWAY - The Girl He Knows by Kristi Rose 1 10 Aug 18, 2014 07:28AM

• Untameable Rogue (Bennett #4)
  • Untying the Knot
  • A Curvy Girl for the Cadet (Perfect Fit, #4)
  • Find My Way Home (Homefront, #3)
  • Breaking All the Rules
  • The Major's Welcome Home
  • Inside Bet (Vegas Top Guns Book 2)
  • The Man Behind the Scars (The Santina Crown #4)
  • Hard Knocks (Practice Perfect, #2)
  • Who Needs a Hero? (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #0.5)
  • Jack of Clubs (House of Cards #2)
  • 커피프린스 1호점
  • The SEAL's Best Man (Special Ops: Homefront, 2)
  • With His Lady's Assistance (The Regent Mysteries, #1)
  • Seeking Mr. Wrong
  • His Until Midnight
  • Dark Duke (Noble Passions #2)
  • Rodeo Dreams (Rodeo Dreamers #1)
Hey! I’m Kristi. I write romances that will tug your heartstrings and laugh out loud mysteries. In all my stories you’ll fall in love with the cast of characters, they’ll become old, fun friends. My one hope is that I create stories that satisfy any of your book cravings and take you away from the rut of everyday life (sometimes it's a good rut).

When I’m not writing I’m spinning (riding a station

No Strings Attached (3 books)
  • The Girl He Needs (No Strings Attached, #2)
  • The Girl He Wants (No Strings Attached #3)