Start by marking “Act of Surrender (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #2)” as Want to Read:
Act of Surrender (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #2)

Act of Surrender

(Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops #2)

Part of the Bestselling Series World The Immortal Ops by Mandy M. Roth

Dr. James Hagen thought he’d bid Paranormal Security and Intelligence Agency good riddance nearly ten years back. He’d been an operative with them for so long that carving out a new path in life had taken time, but he’d achieved it. He’d made it his mission in life to help the wayward find a path again,
Published September 9th 2014 (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Act of Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Act of Surrender

Start your review of Act of Surrender (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #2)
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
This one annoyed me. I skimmed most of it and thought why did the author give this story so many more pages that were filler vs the previous book being so tiny.

What annoyed me - Laney. She is a super annoying TSTL one. I hate her. Her inner thoughts are repetitious, she can't say a sentence without mentioning "the man" out to get us all, and she's stupid. Yeah, yeah, she's some super hacker, but I'm calling idiot savant. Her character is what made me loathe this book, everything else was fine.
itsmeesahara❤️
3.5 ⭐⭐⭐✨
James Hagen and Laney

2nd book in the Immortal PSI-OPS, James Hagen story

After reading the stories prior to this, I realized that the women are becoming more and more bad ass and crazier ☺ in each book.
It's also nice that we get to meet new characters and can expect more from the series. I like Gus and hopefully get to have his own story and Casey.

James and Lane's story did not disappoint it was intense, action-packed and funny (gotta love Striker and Boomer) can't also wait for their s
J
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
So my prediction is turning out to be true, unfortunately. When I begin a series and overlook small flaws or annoyances in the first book, rarely do these go away with subsequent installments.

Authors must be tempted to follow a formula, when it has led to past success. But having the observations and internal monologue of James, as he sorts out his attraction to Laney, track so closely to Duke's from the first book feels much too paint-by-numbers, particularly her talkative bursts during periods
Lisa Lopez
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The newest addition to the Immortal Ops universe by Mandy M. Roth is a winner. This book in the series has "the milkshake that brings everyone to the yard. " That was a quote from the book by one kitled, scottish, ginger wolf. ( yeah I may have a team striker shirt in my closet).
In this book we deal with Dr. James Hagen who spent 10 years off the ops team and the grid to deal with a mistake he made as a member of PSI-Ops. He is brought back in to the fold after being rescued and we start with hi
Michele bookloverforever
PSI corps takes their turn at finding their mates. James Hagen finds his paranormal match amidst danger and intrigue...with a victim of the infamous asia project. reread today and I still laughed solo hard. Re-read in august, 2017. Still laughed, still cried.
Gizzie
It just keeps getting better. I am not sure which book I want to read next, Act of Submission (PSI Ops 3) which will tell of Boomer's story or Broken Communication (Immortal Outcasts 1) which will tell of Cassie's story.
Virginia Nichols
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS ONE!!!!! Love the Immortal Ops, then you'll love this one, too. GET'EM, READ'EM, LOVE'EM, REVIEW'EM AND LET EVERYONE GET TO KNOW'EM!!!!!! WOW'EM....
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

Act of Surrender is the second title in the PSI Ops series which is part of the connecting Immortal Ops world. James and Laney’s story is simply further proof to me (and should be to you as well) that it doesn’t matter how long a book, a series has been around – when it touches a reader’s imagination when it consumes their reading time to read all the stories to get the full picture… the publication date makes no difference to a great story. I’m making the choice to read
Kathryn
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We're deep into connected series but each of these books can be read alone. I think you will get a lot more enjoyment from them if you follow the author's suggested order. At 150 pages, these are short, exciting adventures with a bit of sex and romance thrown in.

I enjoy the connection between the characters. James Hagen was thought to be a traitor and went into hiding. While trying to protect a young supernatural, he was captured and tortured for a year. Now he's back in the PSI fold, trying to
Theresa
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Doctor James Hagen has just been rescued from the one of the Corporations horrible experimental labs and is determined to destroy them. He’s also in contact with an online hacker, GothGirl, trying to find her, hoping she can help them before the Corporation kills her. But ever since he’s been rescued his abilities have been on the fritz and he’s not as powerful nor smart as he was before.

Meanwhile bad guy Bertrand has completely lost it. His self-experimenting has gone berserk, he’s been disowne
Tamye Whitener
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Fantastic Read!

This is my favorite book in this series so far. As always, the characters are so real-to-life they walk off the pages and into my heart. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they really did exist but as the characters in Ms. Roth's books they make sure that we humans remain ignorant of the things that go bump in the night.

Laney and James have the most awesome date from hell. That doesn't make a lot of sense, but it will once you read the book. And you really want to read
Mickey
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ENTERTAINING!

I am SO confused! I keep reading these books out of order, not on purpose of course - who would do that, but it seems to happen regularly. I feel like Gus and Bill, who by the way appear to be NEW characters in this particular installment, which is truly amazing as I've reading about them both forever! Regardless, love the pair and Casey a new addition to the Outcast crew. Act of Surrender is Laney and Jimmy Hagen's novel: how they meet online, two lost souls, "hackers," playing aga
Cheri
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Extremely Enjoyable

Put the words paranormal, shifters, military, mates together and for some authors you have described their series. Not for Ms Roth. She creates incredibly unique characters with humorous banter in the interactions and you just want more to read. Laney or GothGirl is way different from your usual hacker and falls for LabLupus aka Dr James Hagen online. Little do they realize that they’re both trying to take down the Corporation who imprisoned and tortured James for a year until
Joanna
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I like Mandy M Roth as an author but this book dragged. You are two fifths of the way through the book before the two lead characters even meet face to face which would be fine if the story leading up to that was interesting but unfortunately I did not think it was, although you might enjoy it.

There is a lot of repetition throughout but I hope the next book will be better or I may just give up on the series.
Brandi
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loving the Immortal World series as a whole, but I'm seriously not liking how abruptly the individual stories are ending. Personally, I think $5-$6 is too much for how short these stories are, and I think the author is doing her fans a disservice by charging so much for so little writing. I'm only continuing the series because I'm really interested in seeing how the whole thing wraps up and how theses shifters find their mates.
Michele Henderson
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laney and James

James a battered wolf shifter that was tortured by The Corporation for over a year starts chatting on line with a woman the PSI Ops thinks is working with the corporation. James is sure Goth girl(Laney) is actually trying to out the corporation because she seeks the corporation is evil. Things go crazy when James and Laney meet for a coffee date. I highly recommend this book and series.
Jenni Bishop
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
PSI-OPs and the Immortal Ops teams find themselves on the same side trying to sort out the problems created by the company. Who can they trust? They don't know and have found they have been fed lies to for many years. I have not read anything that I have not loved that Mandy as written. Her writing always leaves me wanting more and thinking about the characters long after I have finished the book.
Maggie
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Again a nice change from the man saving the woman, it was more of saving each other and then saving Laney's friends. I especially liked Bill and Gus, this is a good introduction to them and their uniqueness. They are especially good as they don't have supernatural gifts, but gifts of their own. So funny.
Redsky29
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thrilled

I must say I am absolutely thrilled at how many different series connect into one world. Now as for the book with Jimmy and Gothgirl totally love their story and glad James got his HEA the story continue to unravel the mystery of the creation of super soldiers the author does not disappoint.
Pam Louis
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goth girl gets doc wolf Lol. Loving this book full of fun, action and hijinks lol I must read for all shifter fans. Miss Roth has an amazing sense of humor that that just keeps the story funny and still action with lots of hotness to spice it up.
Queen Talk Talk
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Girl hackivist goes on a date.

Good synopsis but the devil is in the details. This book has a government conspiracy, insane scientist, good guys, gargoyles, and a smart girl who wants answers.
Diane
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read

James and laneys book was one I was looking forward to. Didn’t disappoint and the evil scientists are still being pursued revealing more abused warriors. Recommend the series for pure escapism.
D A
2.5 *'s -- ending felt rushed
Mary Birchfield
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it will be reading Casey’s-story next. This series is well written and makes you feel like your right there with them.
Melissa Taylor
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awwwwh!

This one was awesome! I'm so glad Hagen found his mate. Laney seems so spunky but sweet even though she has crazy theories. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Review to come...
Anna Wick
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun quick read. Library doesn't have the rest of the series as of 3/6/2019
Noe
It felt very short & the ending was abrupt. I wish Mandy Roth went a bit more in depth in their story. ...more
Keely Bratcher
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Surrender to you Desire to Read

Mandy Roth Did it again. I love her writing style, the suspense, the thrills, the romance all thrown in with the supernatural!
Charlotte
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this installment of the series. way better than the last one I read. James aka Jimmy and Laney went together good.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • Who's Midlife Crisis Is It Anyway? (Good To The Last Death, #2)
  • Brewing Trouble (Crow's Feet Coven Book 2)
  • Defender Hellhound (Protection, Inc: Defenders, #3)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Tropical Tails (Shifting Sands Resort Collections Book 4)
  • Witching for Joy (Premonition Pointe, #3)
  • Curses and Cupcakes (The Happily Everlasting Series, #6)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Spellbound (Warlocks MacGregor, #2)
  • Fooled Around and Spelled In Love (The Happily Everlasting Series, #3)
  • Halfway There (Midlife Mulligan #1)
  • Sin & Surrender (Demigods of San Francisco, #6)
  • Warrior Prince (Dragon Lords, #4)
  • Dark Prince (Dragon Lords, #3)
  • Psychic Dreams (Glimmer Lake, #3)
  • Perfect Prince (Dragon Lords, #2)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy writing sexy paranormal operatives. Mandy lives in Oxford, Mississ ...more

Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops (6 books)
  • Act of Mercy (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #1)
  • Act of Submission (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #3)
  • Act of Command (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #4)
  • Act of Passion  (Immortal Ops : PSI-Ops #5)
  • Act of Brotherhood (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #6)