Start by marking “Charlotte's Wedding (21st Century Jane Austen Novel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Charlotte's Wedding (21st Century Jane Austen Novel, #1)

Charlotte's Wedding (21st Century Jane Austen Novel, #1)

You are invited to Charlotte’s Wedding – a contemporary reimagining of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, the first book in the 21st Century Jane Austen Novel series.

Every mother wants the best for her daughters and Patsy Nicholson has particular reasons for wanting her three daughters – Rachel, Meredith and Shelley – to have secure futures.

When their plain, dull co
Published May 15th 2014 by Moduno Books

To ask other readers questions about Charlotte's Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlotte's Wedding

Carmen8094
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Charlotte's wedding è un retelling in chiave moderna di Orgoglio e Pregiudizio; non è aderentissimo al romanzo originale, ma l'ho trovato molto carino.
Come recita il titolo, la storia comincia proprio con il matrimonio di Charlotte, con un uomo a dire il vero abbastanza volgare e viscido che lei sembra non amare. L'evento, però, rimette in moto le preoccupazioni della signora Nicholson, le cui tre ragazze (mancano qui i corrispettivi di Mary e Kitty) non sono ancora sposate.
La donna lavora in un
Camie
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Loosely based on Pride and Prejudice, this 1st novel in the 21st century Jane Austin series is about Patsy Nicholson a woman on task to make suitable marriages for her three daughters, following the marriage of their somewhat lackluster cousin Charlotte. Some things should probably be left alone, such as Austen's well intended but highly amusing mother characters.
3 stars
Angela Kitchen
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
a nice easy book, was enjoyable spotting the characters and how they mapped to Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Some plot elements slightly contrived, but didn't distract from the enjoyment.
Diane Coto
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Charlotte has an announcement and a surprise. She’s getting married – that’s the announcement. He’s OLD – that’s the surprise. He’s rich – well, that’s the icing on the cake! This was enough to make Charlotte’s Auntie Patsy begin to think about her own three daughter’s futures. Patsy Nicholson called a meeting with her daughters, Rachel, Meredith, and Shelly. She told them to “… aim high. Think old money.” But, the daughters maintained they wanted to marry for love. Patsy told them love can alwa ...more
Nancy Silk
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"An Awesome Novel, One Which Holds Many Surprises For The Reader"

"Charlotte's Wedding" is a story which the reader will feel is humorous... it is in a way, but not for long. It bursts at the seams with mystery and suspense and danger! Patsy Nicholson had been married, but abandoned by her husband which left her with three young girls to raise on her own. She had little money but had lots of aspirations for her daughters to be as independent as she had been. The daughters have grown to adulthood,
Sandi
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte’s Wedding
Mary Rizza
Let me say first that I, like so many others, am a Jane Austen addict. Our love affair began 30 years ago and continues to this day. I’ve read and re-read her novels countless times, and Jane never fails to surprise me with some little detail. Her popularity has spawned a legion of authors to pen tales and spinoffs surrounding secondary characters, or – my favorite – to re-tell her stories in alternative settings. Like many Austen addicts, I love to gobble these up,
Carole P. Roman
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well written novel that based about three single sisters and their quest to find a soulmate. Using Jane Austin's style and verve for capturing the angst of unattached women everywhere, Mary Rizza has modernized the issues and brought it into the 21 century with humor. Realistic, ironic, and a picture of our times, Rizza manages to be a voice representing the different types of women from the freewheeling Shelly, to steady Rachel and lastly, passive Meredith and deal with their issues individuall ...more
Carla
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
New quirky take on a classic

As a die-hard Jane Austen fan, I was surprised that I enjoyed this so much. Too many have tried to copy her and failed, while those who succeeded had to deviate so radically from her style the story was barely recognisable. Bridget Jones Diary was probably the best retelling of P & P, but this ranks a close second. Modern and fun, it follows the same basic plot, but with new details that come together nicely, and a few juicy tidbits thrown in. BRAVO, Ms. Pizza.
Anya
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I gave this book 2 stars, and yet, I won't complain about it.

A frivolous read, as it was meant to be, loosely based on Pride and Prejudice. It was breezy, and light, and totally did justice to its Mr. Darcy figure- Daniel D'Arbarnville.
I always love modern adaptations of Pride and Prejudice, because I want to see what they can come up with. Marry Rizza tries to incorporate the modern-day highly independent women in this age-old classic, and almost manages it.

It only got 2 stars because the w
Deborah Alexander
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always read other reviews before purchasing a book.

The reviewers raved about this book, and now I know why. It was fantastic! I started it right away, and could not put it down until I finished it! Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is my favorite book. I have lost count of how many times I have watched the DVD with Jennifer Ehles and Colin Forth. I hope this book will give you as much enjoyment as it has for me
Amy
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I would give this four stars if it were an original story. But it's not meant to be & it was lots of fun. Because of its length, there isn't time to develop characters a là Austen, but I'm glad I found it.
Leslie
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Often modern versions of Pride and Prejudice stumble over the societal and technological changes. This book magically makes them work.

If you are a P&P fan you will quickly be able to associate the characters; but if not this is still a cute read.
Susan
Jul 12, 2014 rated it liked it
A very nicely done modernization of Pride and
Prejudice.
rated it it was ok
May 28, 2017
Therese Peregrine
May 14, 2015
I write novels about relationships between lovers, spouses, mothers, daughters, sisters and friends. I'm interested in the way we negotiate our way through the demands and complexities of contemporary life and like to depict the flaws and foibles, our passions and our conflicts with warmth and humour.

I like reading novels which explore relationships with wit and understanding, books which make you