Start by marking “Trapped (Trapped, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trapped (Trapped, #1)

Trapped

(Trapped #1)

My life has turned out to be such a cliché. And not in a good way.

It’s not exactly Sixteen and Pregnant, but at eighteen my only advantage is a high school diploma. And if that’s not enough, the father—and I use that term loosely—couldn’t have hightailed it out of my life fast enough.

I thought I really knew him. Unfortunately, my boyfriend of three years transformed from D
Published July 7th 2014 by Season Publishing LLC (first published July 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Trapped, please sign up.
Rose In the prequel it was mentioned that Paige got off the pill because she was suffering from side-effects no matter what sort of pill she took (i.e.…moreIn the prequel it was mentioned that Paige got off the pill because she was suffering from side-effects no matter what sort of pill she took (i.e. headaches, weight loss/gain, insomnia, mood swings, hair loss, acne, itchy skin...all pretty common.The pill has a major impact on your whole body, lots of women even suffer of them years after going off the pill as the body's hormone system is messed up after years of taking the pill).
Long story short, Paige didn't want to suffer from the side effects anymore (smart girl) and thought that it'd be stupid to accept them for the one or two times of sex she has every 3-6 months because she never ever sees Mitch anymore when he's off to college and they should revert to using condoms.The first time he went home - a surprise visit that lasted only a day - she simply forgot telling him because she was too stunned to see him and he had her up against the wall within minutes of her opening the door.What I don't get is, why she didn't get the after-pill the next day because she must have realized her mistake by then.And in the US you can literally buy that thing over the counter or online without a prescription.So that actually had me wondering, if she didn't actually play fate for a chance of getting pregnant..(less)
Rose There's no cliffhanger for Mitch & Paige's storyline. However the side-characters (Erin & Josh) have unfinished business between them, which…moreThere's no cliffhanger for Mitch & Paige's storyline. However the side-characters (Erin & Josh) have unfinished business between them, which should have been covered in "Tamed", book 2 of the series as announced for 2015 after the ending of "Trapped" in the 'more books from the author' section. I can't find any further info on Tamed though, so I'm not sure, if it got dropped for good or Beverley is putting it on hold as she's behind with 3 books (she's working on 3 different series at the same time apparently).(less)

Rachel Reads Ravenously
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously by: Saffron
4 stars

Let me use this review to get on my soap box and preach about the amazingness that is Goodreads. A lot of people talk shit about this website and how it's only haters on here. I disagree. This website has helped me discover so many new authors and books that I would have never heard of before.

Case in point? This book. If I had not seen this 8 word review by a friend, I would not have read this book. I would have no clue this book existed. So thank you Supreet for your short review!!(h
Mysza
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
I can't believe this book has been so long in my TBR. Loved it! Such an angst fest. Unplanned pregnancy, broken heart, anger, bitterness, redemption and whole lotta love in the end - it's all here.

Mitch, who left his pregnant girlfriend, comes back after a year and wants a place in his daughters life. And man, did I want to kick his ass then, for all he did. But I'm a woman who loves assholes in books, one condition though, the guy has to grovel. And that he did. More than enough actually. Not
Geri Reads
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 full-circle stars!!

A few months ago, I read The Trap and it made me want to junk-punch Mitch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then I read this book, and I totally take those words back. I don't want to junk-punch Mitch anymore, I just wanna give him a hug.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seriously though, the reason I loved this book is not only because Mitch groveled or that Paige was actually awesome and one of the most non-annoying NA heroine ever, or that Bree is just too darn adorable I wanted to adopt her. Nope. I loved this book because it dealt
Beverley Kendall
Apr 27, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
TRAPPED - Teaser

“And don’t worry that I think this is a way for us to get back together. I don’t want that anymore than you do. This is what’s best for Bree,” Paige states in a no-nonsense voice, one hand on her hip.

I take in all the bare skin revealed by her black bikini and bite the inside of my mouth to squash the unwanted surge of lust. She doesn’t want to know what I’m thinking.

“No, I get it. This is all about Bree,” I reply, completely poker-faced, knowing I'm lying through my teeth. She
Duchess Nicole
3.5 Stars

I'd definitely suggest reading the prequel novella, The Trap before reading this one. I enjoyed it a lot, and I think getting some earlier perspective on Paige and Mitch's big blowout is key to grasping the magnitude of Mitch's doucheiness.

Basically, Mitch and Paige have been together through three years of high school and part of Mitch's first year in college. Paige stops taking her birth control, for reasons that are sort of explained, and Mitch surprises her one day when he comes ho
Catarina
I'm already usually sucker for second chance romance, throw in a baby or a pregnancy and I honestly can't resist the plot (I'm still trying to understand why...). So when I read the synopsis for this book, I jumped on it straight away.
It was a very NA feeling, but it's sweet, emotional and has some steam into it, and falls perfectly into the second-chance/redemptive romance that I love. (And it's safe!)
The heroine is nice, the hero does an amazing job of proving himself worthy of a second chan
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Redeeming Stars

I LOVED TRAPPED

Okay, I guess I have to write a tiny disclaimer, I just had a baby, so I’m in baby land and books that have babies and single moms do it for me. This is my first book by Beverley Kendall and I’m a complete FAN!

Summary

At 18 Paige becomes pregnant. Mitch questions if the child is his and leaves Paige. I know and before you click to the next review, just wait. I promise you, it’s a good read. When Bree, their daughter, is 7 months Mitch has a change of heart and is r
Sara
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It picks up when Bree is 7 months old. Paige is working, going to school and raising her daughter. She has always had the support of her mom, her bestie Erin, Mitch's sister Diane, and her longtime strictly friends only Trent.

Mitch is still away at college. He left Georgia when Paige was 10 weeks pregnant and hasnt come back. No calls, nothing.

With Diane's conniving, Mitch comes home. The moment he lays eyes on his daughter Bree, he knows he's home for good. Insta-l
Saffron
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG!!! Absolutely loved this angst fest!!!!!!!!
Feminista
Jul 10, 2014 marked it as never-to-read
When I started to read this book, I was hoping and praying it would be different, but it wasn't.

This book is right up there with all the other books that think it is right for the hero to get everything and for him to never reap what he sows.

The hero gets EVERYTHING. He gets the girl. When she becomes a problem that he can't deal with or handle, when HER PREGNANCY becomes a problem that he can't deal with or handle, he leaves her. He goes on to sleep with other girls in college and act as if not
Booknut
This is the story of a girl, who cried a river and drowned the whole world...

Yeah, that Nine Days' song Absolutely crossed my mind a few times whilst reading this book. Between Paige crying over Mitch, Mitch being a self-serving idiotic jackass who deserves to be neutered, and Paige (in an extremely obvious and not-at-all-shocking ending) forgiving Mitch and taking him back, I have used up my quota of gives to give about this book.

It'd be nice to read a book where the female character doesn'
Jinx
Well this was anti-climactic nothing worth happening happens. There was no real conflict just a bunch of idiotic-immature bullshit. Mitch was a selfish-whiney-childish dick and Paige was a weak-minded push-over who mostly thought with her vagina.

(view spoiler)
 B.E.Love
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars, When I was given an ARC copy of The Trap from NetGallery I consumed that book and then freaked when I realized I would have to wait to read what happened to Mitch, Paige, and Bree I was more than a little upset. I loved this book it hits some personal notes with me because my husband and I had our first child when I was 17, and with all 17 years olds we still had growing up to do and so the road was bumpy. Not the same as this story but this book still left a permeant mark in my min ...more
Angela

I still don't like Mitch. He did grovel but it was still not enough for me sorry. Paige took his jackass ass too quickly. And also he was so annoying acting whiny especially in the beginning when Bree didn't want to go to him. Seriously asshole you never acknowledged her existence and suddenly you want the baby to love you? Smh. Having said all this, I couldn't put it down and there were heartbreaking moments which made me tear up.

Bree was my favorite part of the book. What an angel<3
Debbie DiFiore
He didn't redeem himself in my opinion

I loved the prequel for this story but unfortunately I did not love the book that came after. He didn't grovel or redeem himself in my opinion. He was still a pig. I hated him and instill gave It three stars because of the writing. She knows how to make the words come alive. But in the end I didn't like Paige and I hated Mitch. I still can't call him a hero because he isn't! I wanted him to hurt as much as he hurt her but he didn't. He started the story almo
 B.E.Love
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**re-read**4 1/2 stars, When I was given an ARC copy of The Trap from NetGallery I consumed that book and then freaked when I realized I would have to wait to read what happened to Mitch, Paige, and Bree I was more than a little upset. I loved this book it hits some personal notes with me because my husband and I had our first child when I was 17, and with all 17 years olds we still had growing up to do and so the road was bumpy. Not the same as this story but this book still left a permeant mar ...more
Jenn
I really enjoyed the prequel, The Trap. The author pulled a lot of emotion out of me.

I was hoping to feel the same intense connection to Trapped. In the beginning, Paige has a lot of animosity towards Mitch, and rightfully so. I felt it. I also felt Mitch's pain for how he reacted and what he missed out on. I felt Paige's feelings as she tried to keep her guard up with Mitch.

The Story
Mitch comes back from school fully prepared to be the dad he should have been all along. And hey, if he can even
Three Chicks
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Review by Natasha Gentile
An open letter to Mitch...

Oh where do I start with this one…so when your girlfriend of three years tells you that she’s pregnant with your child, the answer is what can I do to help, you know since your sperm put said baby there, what you should not do is leave and move across the country because you think she betrayed you in getting pregnant…it’s also not ok for you to go out on dates and have sex with other people while your ex is pregnant with your child..Oh
Farah ファラ
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Mitch and Paige were a couple until Paige found herself pregnant and upon hearing the news,Mitch left for New York and was never in touch with his girlfriend and baby daughter. After his daughter turned 7 months old, Mitch's sister visited him in New York bringing with her a picture of Bree and a document regarding giving up parental rights. Mitch came to his senses and returned to Georgia.
I really liked that part,Mitch returned home because he regretted leaving and wanted to be the f
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Part 2 of the series starts off with Paige making out with some random girl when his sister knocks on the door..fast forward a bit, she hands him an envelope with a picture of his beautiful 7 month old daughter Brianna and papers asking him to give up his parental rights..which gets the story going because he will not give the rights up.
In my opinion, yes he wasn't there for Paige during the pregnancy, nor birth of his daughter but he was betrayed.. and now Paige is acting as though she is the v
Anne OK
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Beverley Kendall lit the flame to this installment. I loved this one from start to finish. It was fun to watch as Mitch groveled and managed to dig himself out of the garbage can. He really wasn't a bad guy once he got himself together and all the facts made available to him. Paige wasn't perfect - she made some mistakes. She owned up to them.

A major and truly surprising twist completely took me by surprise. Thereafter, the story increased in its intensity and became all the more intriguing and
Pattrycia
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
I. AM. BORED. I just skipped the last few chapters & jumped straight to the epilogue.
Julia's Book Haven
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars* Really liked this one actually! Very low on drama considering the story line and I really liked that.
Kaycee ❤️

4.5 TRAPPED STARS!

I had high hopes for this book and I immediately grabbed it and read it right after I've read The Trap. But for those whose planning to read it, I would actually advise reading The Trap first to fully understand or give you insights into what this book is all about. Going back, I honestly enjoyed and loved this book so much! This is one of the books that pretty much sucked me in right from the start and didn’t let me go until the end. Pretty much read it in one sitting. I won't
Coco.V
Apr 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (4/13/2019)! 🎁
Melody Cox
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars***

I reread this book for the third time today and am modifying my original review--actually I am changing it altogether. The first time through I wasn't sure if Mitch grovelled enough and had proven himself to Paige, family and friends. Now that I took more time reading this book I can say my mind has changed.

Mitch was an a$$ for running out on Paige and their expectant child. It was awful-horrible and Paige went to hell and back. She had loved him with all her heart and he had no i
Bev
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good redemption story and Mitch redeemed himself in spades. I was a bit concerned at first that because of their ages the book was going to be chock full of unnecessary misunderstandings, miscommunication and manufactured angst. This was so not the case. Really enjoyed this one and am eagerly awaiting Erin and Josh's story, jsut wish I didn't have to wait till 2015 for it.

Cristina
A bit asshole of him to leave her while pregnant. It was an okay read but it didn't work out so much for me when we see how she struggled taking care of Bree and he was on dates with other chicks.

Moon Love
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First and foremost, if you haven't read The Trap, you should. It's the prequel and sets up this book. I fell for Paige in The Trap, and there was no way I wasn't going to find out what happened with her, Mitch, and Brianna. I can't tell you how excited I was for this book to be released. I was really surprised to find my view on Mitch changing. It would've been a miracle for me to like him after reading The Trap.

Paige surprised me and my admiration for her grew. Especially in her capacity to put
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
DUMB 7 56 Jul 22, 2014 07:05PM

• Just Married (More than Friends, #1)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • To Win Her Trust
  • Deception (Deception, #1)
  • Jocelyn's Choice
  • Uncaged Love, Volume 3 (Uncaged Love, #3)
  • Delinquent Daddy (Banks / Kincaid Family, #2)
  • Mate Or Not. You're Still A Jerk
  • Nick and Lilac
  • The Bad Girl and the Good Boy
  • Traitor in Her Arms (The Scarlet Chronicles, #2)
  • Mistaken Identity
  • Heartbitten
  • Lean on Me (The MacKay Sisters #2)
  • Intimate (Negotiated Marriage, #2)
  • The Certainty of Deception (The Truth in Lies Saga, #2)
  • The Grace in Darkness (Darkness Duet, #2)
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
Click here to sign up for my newsletter to receive news about future releases!

Beverley Kendall has lived on two continents, in three countries, two provinces, and four states. She stopped her nomadic existence and settled in the southeast with her young son. All things artistic feed her creative passion, but none more than writing.

Connect with me on Facebook
Communicate w

Trapped (3 books)
  • The Trap (Trapped, #0.5)
  • Played (Trapped, #2)