Start by marking “Peace Talks (The Dresden Files, #16)” as Want to Read:
Peace Talks (The Dresden Files, #16)

Peace Talks

(The Dresden Files #16)

Harry Dresden is back and ready for action, in the new entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling Dresden Files series. When the Supernatural nations of the world meet up to negotiate an end to ongoing hostilities, Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, joins the White Council's security team to make sure the talks stay civil. But can he succeed, when dark ...more
Expected publication: July 16th 2020 by Orbit (first published July 14th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Peace Talks, please sign up.
Ian Armstrong Short version: Anyone can rate a book they haven't read yet, and that includes books that aren't out. It's a flaw of Goodreads.
Allie Mcelynn To Quote the man himself its about a:

To Quote the man himself its about a:

"A summit of the world's supernatural powers is being held to try to establish some sort of equilibrium and to get everything settled down in the wake of the vanishing of the red court. And I'm pretty sure everyone's going to sit down and have a nice cup of tea, there'll be a talk, and walk away holding hands." (less)

Start your review of Peace Talks (The Dresden Files, #16)
Serack
Jul 06, 2014 is currently reading it
Edited 9/23/15
Jim said at yesterday's reddit AMA that the manuscript is due January 1st. Generally a 4 month turnaround is necessary after that, 6 preferable. Penguin has managed to bring that down to as low as 1 month, but that is unlikely. (Props to "Priscellie" for most of the above info).

Here is Jim's 50 word summary of what Peace Talks is about:

"The various supernatural powers are gathering together in Chicago to kind of hash things out in the wake of the Red Court’s destruction and all the
Robert Brown
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Butcher risks declining interest in the Dresden Files. He's got such an interesting "world," with huge potential stories and story-lines that he's setup, and an interested fan-base. However, with the snail's pace publishing of the "adult" version of the Files, Butcher is risking a growing disinterest as readers turn to other authors/books that are a bit more proliferate. Certainly, I find my interest in the next book to be fading as time moves on: it is not something I'm burning to buy as soon ...more
Eric Allen
May 30, 2014 marked it as to-read
Holy crap, Butcher... Don't you ever sleep? ...Not that I'm complaining... Carry on.
Ashley

I love typing that.

— Jim Butcher (@longshotauthor) July 22, 2019

RELEASE DATE SOON.

- - -

That title is ironic, right?

[insert pause here]

Hahahahahaha, who am I kidding. Of course it is.
Hyzenthlay
May 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
Now that I've read Skin Game (and Jim's confirmed that this one will be more about Molly as Winter Lady (view spoiler)) I'm even more looking forward to this one.

What I'm not looking forward to? The constant bitching that it's going to be "A WHOLE YEAR" til this one comes out.

Stop being that asshole that whines about how long it takes an author to write a book. They get rushed, the story suffers.

Just shut up.

Skin Game's not even out yet, and I'm trying to keep my TBR
Nick
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for this book.

My first thought when I heard the title was "Knowing Harry Dresden, why isn't it called 'Piece Talks'?"
Sheyla ✎
Nov 12, 2015 marked it as to-read
2018 is here...WHEN CAN I HAVE THIS???

I need a release date

Jules
Update: 3/6/17. No cover. No date. For way over a year. I don't think it's ever coming out, folks...

Update: 24/3/16. Uhh, the date has disappeared... and there's no cover. Sh*t is about to get real up in here, methinks.
description

May 10.... 2016? Are you kidding me right now?

description
Kari Mcmanus
Mar 17, 2019 marked it as to-read

Why’s Peace Talks Taking So Long?
(An explanation, so you can stop emailing complaints to the feedback box, which doesn’t reach Jim, and mainly just frustrates the folks running this site.) Personal problems/life events spanning the past several years are what gummed up the works.
Got divorced, with all the fallout that comes from that.
His dog died, who was “the brains of the operation” as Jim tells it.
Got engaged, then remarried.
Moved to another state to live with his fiancee, now wife.
Lived in
Sarah's Reviews
Aug 20, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: publishing-2016
I've put together a compilation of everything I've found that Jim has said about Peace Talks.
You can see it here (http://ssbookreviews.blogspot.com/201...) if you're interested.
If you've heard something I missed, I would love to hear about it!
Kelsey Snuffleupagus
Jun 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: screw-you
Seriously dude. 4 freaking years since the last book. I was as in love with the series as the next person but my interest has pretty much died. It just feels blatantly disrespectful to the fans and unprofessional at this point which is a damn shame. I loved the world and characters. So much wasted potential.
Ailith Twinning
You know, the thing about the Dresden Files is that they're pulp fiction. Fun fact about cliffhangers, they're not fun anymore after 4 years.

The series has so many threads, so much to mine out at this point Butcher has 2 options. Cancel the entire series, or license it out. Because there is absolutely no way to make 16 worth the wait, seeing as it just leaves room for yet another book (and another and another and so on), which at this point I'm not willing to be waiting for. If 16 ever comes
Jessica ☕ Rodrigues
So guys, I don't want to start rumors, but Amazon is saying there's an April 16, 2020 publication date.

See his website for updates.

I'll definitely need a re-read at this point.
Marielle Authier
3- change to Expected publication: May 10th 2016 by Orbit
4- Change to no date *sigh*
5- Change to Expected publication: 2017 by Orbit
6- Change to NO DATE *sigh*
7- Change to Expected publication: April 16th 2020 by Orbit How did I miss we suddenly had a release date??????????? I hope it is real! Crossing fingers and toes
Change to July 14, 2020
Mizuki
Jun 10, 2015 marked it as to-read
year of release: 2016

There are talks about the release date being pushed to 2017.

*groans* Fuck. my. life.
John Driscoll
Jul 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
I rarely comment on the books I mark "to read," but the whining on this page is so ridiculous I couldn't help myself.

Jim Butcher is not George R.R. Martin. He didn't stop writing the books because he doesn't care about his fans, or because he made so much money he's not interested in finishing the series, or anything like that. With 10 seconds of Google, you can find out that the reasons why this book has taken so long to complete. Among other things: Jim got divorced, his dog died, he met
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
FUCKING FINALLY!

WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE!

JULY 14, 2020

Max
Jun 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
The fact that Jim Butcher is doing a lot of Dresden files stuff -RPGs, card games and other stuff- tells me, that he doesn't have a writers block, but is just killing the Dresden Files cashcow.

Due to that AND a waiting time equal to the one of These George R R Martin, I will NOT but the book, nor any further one.

I'm sorry, but I went from fanboy to heavy desinterest.
Karna
Oct 01, 2016 marked it as to-read
when this is getting published. I am loosing interest .
Sammm [involuntarily somewhat on hiatus]
Updates: (posted on Jan. 17, 2020)
I see people are all patiently waiting for the official image without the watermark >:3. But yeah, cover revealed: www.jim-butcher.com/posts/2020/peace-... Feels exceptionally girly imo? lmao. I honestly wish they would bring back a particular UK paperback set that stopped after Book #11.

---

Previously 3: (posted on Jan. 8, 2020)
Guys, what the holy actual EFF!? (This is an excited WTF, don't get me wrong lmao.) Like thank Gwad Butcher wasn't a frequent Tweeter
Samantha Chow
Nov 03, 2014 marked it as coming-soon
Shelves: fantasy, detective
Reading the snippets of this book makes me want to reread the entire series. That's just 15 books, no biggie.

I would happily do that in a heartbeat but there are minor issues such as life, work and sleep that require a little attention...

Audrey
Dec 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
2016?! But I want it nooooowwww
Zedsdead
Apr 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
From Butcher's website:

Why’s Peace Talks Taking So Long?
Personal problems/life events spanning the past several years gummed up the works for a while. Fortunately, things are back on an even keel! For the last several months, he’s been cranking out chapters with blazing speed, under the guidance of his new canine buddy Bru and his wife Kitty’s four majestic cats.
As of April 15th, 2019, the current draft of the novel is up to chapter 58. Progress! We don’t have a release date yet, but we’ll
লোচন
Oct 29, 2015 marked it as to-read
Damn, Butcher is the most consistent writer at getting books out I've ever seen right after Humayun Ahmed, except most of his books aren't pieces of shits. Keep it up, man!
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Jun 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
IT'S GOT A TITLE!! Hm... Peace Talks. It was already revealed that this will focus on Molly so I wonder what the title foreshadows...

IT HAS A DATE!! JULY 14TH!!! HUZZAH!!!!!
Stephanie Rogers
Oct 12, 2016 marked it as to-read
Another Dresden book? FINALLY, the next adventure is coming!? WOOOHOO! Grab your staffs and cowls and where is the Amazon link? I am SO ready!
Juhani Takanen
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I wonder if this is coming one day.
Chris Evans
Dec 11, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: most-anticipated
Lets have a race. what will be published first:
Peace Talks The Dresden Files, #16
Doors of Stone The Kingkiller Chronicle, #3
The Thorn of Emberlain Gentleman Bastard, #4
The Winds of Winter A Song of Ice and Fire, #6
Untitled Stormlight Archive, #4

My money is actually on the currently Untitled Stormlight Archive #4 despite Sanderson having JUST published #3. He seems to respect his readers enough to keep them in the loop and not keep them waiting.
Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann*
December 2016 from his website: "As of December 2016: Jim is currently writing Peace Talks (#16), so we’re still quite a ways from having a release date. We’ll announce any updates in the news blog."

Early 2016: Amazon is saying expected publication: May 10th 2016 but Jim's website is saying "It’s still way too early for blurbs, preorders, release dates, and the like, but we’ll announce further details as we have them!" :( I think I'll believe the website over amazon.
Dresden Files: Cover Reveal! 1 15 Jan 17, 2020 01:10PM
Dresden Files: Word from JB on Peace Talks! 114 336 Jan 09, 2020 08:21AM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Butcher - Peace Talks [Jul 21, 2020] 1 11 Jan 02, 2020 06:02AM
Chapter 1 of Peacetalks 3 517 Dec 29, 2017 04:53AM
Dresden Files: Jim Butcher @ Dragon*Con 11 100 Sep 16, 2016 06:02AM
Everything Dresden 2 72 Apr 05, 2016 08:56AM

• Possessed
  • Keane - Her Ruthless Ex: 50 Loving States, Massachusetts
  • Roots of the Wicked
  • Dirty Kisses (The Lion and the Mouse #1)
  • Cross Vision: How the Crucifixion of Jesus Makes Sense of Old Testament Violence
  • White Sand, Volume 2 (White Sand, #2)
  • The Living
  • The Writing Life
  • The Ecology Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained
  • Dodge Tank (Crystal Shards Online, #1)
  • Wonderment in Death (In Death, #41.5)
  • Lies (Gone, #3)
  • Obsession in Death (In Death, #40)
  • Devoted in Death (In Death, #41)
  • Concealed in Death (In Death, #38)
  • Festive in Death (In Death, #39)
  • Taken in Death (In Death, #37.5)
  • Thankless in Death (In Death, #37)
Jim Butcher is the author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera, and a new steampunk series, the Cinder Spires. His resume includes a laundry list of skills which were useful a couple of centuries ago, and he plays guitar quite badly. An avid gamer, he plays tabletop games in varying systems, a variety of video games on PC and console, and LARPs whenever he can make time for it. Jim currently ...more

The Dresden Files (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
  • Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2)
  • Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3)
  • Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4)
  • Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5)
  • Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6)
  • Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7)
  • Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8)
  • White Night (The Dresden Files, #9)
  • Small Favor (The Dresden Files, #10)