Start by marking “The Will” as Want to Read:
The Will

The Will

(Magdalene #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  26,282 ratings  ·  2,843 reviews
Early in her life, Josephine Malone learned the hard way that there was only one person she could love and trust: her grandmother, Lydia Malone. Out of necessity, unconsciously and very successfully, Josephine donned a disguise to keep all others at bay. She led a globetrotting lifestyle on the fringes of the fashion and music elite, but she kept herself distant.

While
Published May 17th 2014 by Kristen Ashley (first published April 8th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Will, please sign up.
Amy Yep, the epilogue iirc. I think most of KA's books end with a male/omni POV though :)
Paula Walker Yes! A lot of the F*** word in this book. Also, graphic sex!

·  26,282 ratings  ·  2,843 reviews

Start your review of The Will
Aestas Book Blog

**** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED **** 5++ STARS!!

W-O-W!!! This book was EPIC. Absolutely PERFECT!!!

Before anything else, I just want to say that if you're already a Kristen Ashley fan, you'll understand when I say that this book is "Vintage KA" style -- PURE GOLD!!! And, if you've never read a KA book before, this would be an awesome book to start with!! It's astandalone romance and is since it's so fantabulous, it would be a wonderful introduction to this author's amazing books :)

A few things
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Re-read 9/28/16: I woke up this morning and felt like re-reading this again for some reason...

5 Fancy Talking Stars

description

"Every girl who keeps a diary is going to be chronicling this story in pink ink with LOADS of hearts drawn around it."

JOSIE

JAKE

description

“It’s never too late to reach for happiness and no matter what life has done to you, it’s never too late to find it.”

description

“I took one look at that picture and fell in love with you.”

~IreneOust~
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Kristen's oldies ...

This KA goodness is currently on sale for ONLY .99
(or a buck and a quarter if you are in Canada ;) LOL!)

Amazon US

Amazon UK

Amazon CA

photo e9f39846-8657-4625-87ca-96d7890859e4_zps4f07e6e1.jpg

April 3, 2014

photo 0993176d-633b-458a-a560-c79504bd8161_zps4f605355.jpg

If ever there was a book that conveyed this message perfectly, this is the one.

*** Thank you to 'TheSubClubBooks' and Kristen Ashley for providing me with an ARC of this book for review.

(My review of "The Will" for The Sub Club Books HERE and below.)

“Why I love Kristen Ashley” by Irene

I started reading Kristen Ashley a few years ago. It all
Mo
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It behoves me to write a review about this delectable novel. Perchance, bear with me, as I therefore strive to put into words my thoughts and feelings about dearest Josephine and Jake. Indeed it was an experience that alas had to end.

His black hair had a hint of silvery-gray in it. It was thick and clipped well but in a way that was not a nod to style, instead it was apparent he didn’t want to spend time on it so his style was wash and go.

This morning he had not shaved and he had a dark
Christy
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Lavender stars!

photo e5ec3728-6c07-4cd9-acb0-a0a1dd85f4ab_zps621bfc99.jpg

When I started seeing early reviews for The Will, I just knew it was going to be good. When it was compared to some of Kristen Ashley’s older stuff, I got all excited. This was a long book (perfect) and extremely descriptive (I love), not at all rushed and just gave me that feeling I get when I read a crazy good KA read. I am such a fan of hers. If someone told me I could only read books by one author ever again, I wouldn’t hesitate to answer. Kristen Ashley. That’s how much I
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

People are calling this 'old school Kristen Ashley storytelling', and I agree. That's why I'm giving it...

...5 bright, passionate, sigh-worthy stars

“It hit him in that moment in a way he knew he’d never forget that he could take that hand and she could lead him anywhere. Just tip up her lips, turn those eyes to him and hold out her hand and he’d go straight to hell with her and do it smiling.”

Such a fun, romantic, sexy story!

It will come as no surprise to anyone that I’m a huge fan of Kristen
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **lavender** STARS

*sigh*

Wonderful. Epic. Just really very sweet and moving. A fabulous addition to my favourite Kristen Ashley reads. Yes, this is quite formulaic and I can assure you in the grand scheme of things, nothing I read here was really new in the KA universe. But who the hell cares. It's escapism at its best and as my partner in crime would say 'crack on paper'.

“He’ll make you
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: KA Fans, Romance, Everyone
5 Pulled an All Nighter, Breaking the Facade, Letting Love in Stars
* * * * *Spoiler Free-Grabby Hands, $1.99 Limited Time!!!
This book knocked me to my mental knees...There were so many things to address, trying to come up with a way to present them all caused my head to spin.

First... the reader would either be able to connect with the main character Josie... or not. KA was fearless in her determination to stay true to what she felt this woman needed to be. This was a huge risk and for some
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 KA has her magic back Stars

Oh yes!
God yes!
Fuck yes!

KA got her mojo back with this book. If I needed any further proof that the past releases lost the KA touch because of her publisher, this book was it. It was everything that I've been missing in her published books lately. And I do mean every-fucking-thing.

Who else but Kristen Ashley can take a heroine that talks like she's a
Candace
This was a really good book and while it didn't blow me away, it was highly enjoyable. I've been reading a lot of suspenseful, dark romance stories as of late. It was nice to change it up a bit with a nice, light and straightforward love story. Sometimes you just have to take a break from all those mysterious and emotionally traumatized romance-novel guys that always seem to lean towards bondage, etc. I love a bad boy, but it can be a bit overwhelming!

The characters and the storyline were very
Jennifer Kyle
KA does it again and I liked it a fuckuva lot!

I did slightly miss being kidnapped/danger but this was still one kick ass story which totally tugged on my heartstrings!

[image error]

Great story of love and family. Thank you for remaining my alltime favorite author! You Rock!

Mysza
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-read
I loved it Fuckuva Lot!

This was my first from KA. I know, I know, shame on me... But what a way to start this journey. I must say, I am mad at myself for waiting so long. I loved everything. The writing was exquisite, the story captivating, the characters wonderful.

Josie is hands down the best heroine ever. She was so classy, wise and with a heart of gold. I adore Josie. I envy Josie. I wanna be Josie. This woman is pure perfection, not a thing I would change.

And Jake was as perfect as Josie
Blacky *Romance Addict*

I like almost all KA heroines. Even the ones most people hate :D

But I couldn't stomach this one :( She ruined the book for me because the story was good and I liked the guy too but even that wasn't strong enough to keep me reading HER, her TALKING and her THINKING.

Oh well.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
"Don't know,Josie."
"Just know whatever it is I want you to be
a part of it and I hope like fuck you want
the same."

+6 STARS <333

Wow AMAZING like the most books of Kristen Ashley...This woman whatever she wrote is fantastic!!!I was hooked from the beginning until the end!Such a beautiful,hot,emotional,sexy and completely sensual book!I really liked Josie and Jake and I was sucked in to their story!I am hopeful that this will be another great series by Kristen Ashley!!!

Josie is a 45 years
Debra

5+ stars!

Reading this book = being in KA Heaven!!!

And it made me soooo happy.

Really, it did.

I was torn between devouring it like crazy or savoring every chapter of it, but in the end the devouring part won and I ended up reading it in 2 days. The Will has everything the perfect, standard KA story should have: a strong but quirky heroine, a fierce and protective alpha male, a
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
5--Kick Ass--Stars!!!

Hi, my name is J'Anne...aka J*Nookie and

I can't believe I let a page count get in the way of the wonderful story-telling of Kristen Ashley. I should kick my own ass.

So, yeah....this one was

I don't even know how to review it properly.

It all started with the death of Gran...which lead to the reading of the will...which brought Jake and Josie together.

"It's never too late to reach for happiness and no matter what life has done to you, it's never too late to find it."

I
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
6 KA, Vintage, Dreamy Stars

A house in lavender.

A woman that forgot to live.

A man with the courage to try his hand.

And the will of an old lady, that will bind them forever.

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

It's never to late to reach
Catarina
5 Lavender Stars.

description

The only person Josie could trust and love unconditionally after being hurt in the past, just died. And with the death of her grandmother, Lydia, comes the most extraordinary will Josie could ever imagine.
And with that will, comes the even more extraordinaire, Jake Spear. He was Lydia protégée, and she loved him like he was her own son.
Jake had a few unhappy choices in love, but now that Josie is back on his town he’s decided to make one last good decision.
Their past and
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
I love Kristen Ashley. I do. I don't even care, you naysayers can naysay all you want, and I'll still love her.

But that's turning more and more into a cumulative thing . . .

B/c I have no idea what is going on here. This was like KA as seen through opaque glass: you can make out the staple features if you squint really hard, but mostly it's a big ol' blurry mess that only vaguely resembles the standard KA that sits out in the open. And I've come to expect that from anything we get from KA via a
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 'Sally Forth' Stars

I listened to the audio, this had both positives and negatives.

Positive: This was a long book and I'm pretty sure I would have got a little bored if I'd read it.

Negative: The narrator seemed too old and snooty for the heroine and it took a while to get used to.

I get Josephine is 45 and posh but this narrator reminded me more of a 65 year old. In saying that by the end of the book I thought she'd done a brilliant job.

photo Itssobeautiful_zpszwedqkqp.gif

This was a beautiful love story with a unique story line
Amy | Foxy Blogs
**3.75 Lavender stars**

When I saw the cover of this book I felt it was calling my name to read it. It's so pretty!!! Yes, I judged a book by its cover.
description
The death of Josephine's grandmother, Lydie, has brought her back to the Lavender House. The only house that Josephine has ever felt like it was home to her.

At the reading of the will she learns that her grandmother has left her to a man. This unconventional request starts the ball rolling in the love story between a prim and proper, Mary
Brandi
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

“My most precious possession, the thing I treasure about anything else in this world, that being my granddaughter, Josephine Diana Malone, I hereby bequeath to James Markham Spear.”

Another KA book that had me in tears...that epilogue - made the whole freaking book. Ethan has to be the cutest kid ever.

description

The first part lagged a bit for me, but the second half was awesome. Classy Josie all prim and proper falling for 'pugilist' Jake and finally finding what she has always wanted, love and family.
Ingie
Written May 20, 2015.

4 1/2 Stars - Adorable, adorable and so touching sweet
 photo 5a278a52-6c68-4f8d-bd0e-bfebc33ca70e_zpsc0vknixz.jpg
‘It would be much easier if he was less wonderful.’

Can you rightly call a book adorable? If it's possible this one is just that. An adorable, charming, heartwarming romance novel. A story about everything and nothing. A very long book (and even longer audiobook - freaking 23:30 hrs - imagine, it's a lot of time!!).

It's always with some angst I start a new book by Kristen Ashley — Will it be a winner or not?. I got this
♥Sharon♥
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Lovely Stars

photo thewill_zpse0b50e10.jpg

In true Kristen Ashley fashion she gave us such a beautiful story of family, friends and love. This is my 28th book by KA and at the top of my absolute favorites list is Sweet Dreams, At Peace and Motorcycle Man. I have to say The Will is going to be added to that list.

I really was in heaven while reading The Will. That might sound a bit corny but it’s true. It was like someone took hold of my hand and patiently guided me through the story of Josephine (Josie) Malone and Jake
Angela Bee Bee
amazon-->The Will (The Magdalene Series Book 1)

Indeed (76 occurrences).
Further (72).
Thus (101).

This woman does not snack. Ever. She doesn't enjoy sport. She doesn't like kids. She doesn't hug. She's never walked holding a man's hand. She's never had a home (she lived in her boss's pool house).
She's a cold fish.
It's a disguise, preventing people from getting close and hurting her.
I think she's not meant to be likable and the intended appeal is the softening heart of the fashion diva, like
Kristen
 photo a3ee22de-e25a-4fdc-93ef-746524b05d50_zpse709d3cf.jpg

March 8, 2014 Facebook Update

Happy Saturday!

And just to say, the release of THE WILL is a month away! Woo hoo!

To celebrate this awesomeness, I've put teaser chapters up on my website. Have a look, if you like, and hope you enjoy.

Don't forget, the book is available for pre-order on Amazon, Apple and B&N.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Rock on!

www.kristenashley.net

January 17, 2014 Facebook Update

photo cb1b2334-e847-45b0-8671-7a328f96b3d5_zps768ba8fc.jpg

Cover Reveal!

Here it is, Rock Chicks, the cover for THE WILL, the first in a new series called The
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
MY FAVE KA IS GONNA BE A MOVIE!!! SO EXCITED!

5+++++ Amazingly, beautiful, heartfelt stars!

I'm way to emotional right now to write a full review. All I can say (through all my sniffling and tears) is that this book was beyond amazing and it touched the very depths of my soul. This is one of the sweetest, heartfelt stories I've ever read. Now if I can only stop crying...so need a kleenex and a hug!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

" If you learn to accept yourself just as you are, learn to laugh at your quirks instead of hating them, show the world all that’s you without tryin’ to hide things that are not even a little unattractive, that makes you more attractive. What you got is a fuckuva lot. You own all of it and let it all hang out, you’ll go off-the-charts.”

photo thewill.png

It's been a while since I've read a Kristen Ashley book. When I saw that pretty much all of my Goodreads friends were unanimous in loving this
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
5 stars

I am sure I can’t make justice to the masterpiece I just read. I will simply try to tell you how it felt for me and what you can expect to find in it, leaving to you the privilege of meeting Josephine and Jake in The Will.
“My most precious possession, the thing I treasure above anything else in this world … I hereby bequeath to …”

There is a something to say about Kristen Ashley.
She has her unique way to draw you in a world for you to wish it existed.
She is one of a few authors to tell
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Reread on 8/25/17
Reread in anticipation of The Time in Between!!!

5+++ Beautiful KA Stars!!!

I absolutely LOVED this book!! I loved that both Jake (aka "The Truck") Spear & Josie are a bit older then our normal H&H's (Jake, 47 & Josie, 45). Jake has been married and divorced three times (no fault of his own) he's father to three kids Conner 17, Amber 16, and Ethan 8, none of his ex's have bothered to stick around or have been a any kind mother to the children. Jake is a great father,

• The Best Thing
  • Luna and the Lie
  • האריה האגדי - חלק ב' (הלביאה הלוחמת, 4#)
  • האריה האגדי - חלק א' (הלביאה הלוחמת, 3#)
  • Tattered (Lark Cove, #1)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Under Locke
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Wait for It
  • The Outpost (Jamison Valley, #4)
  • Sweet Deception
  • The Lucky Heart (Jamison Valley, #3)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Outmatched
  • Timid (Lark Cove, #2)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends

Magdalene (3 books)
  • Soaring (Magdalene, #2)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
“Life is like a boxing match. Defeat is declared not when you fall but when you refuse to stand again.” 71 likes
“Babe.” “Babe?” “Babe.” “Is that your response?” I asked. “No, my response is, babe, shut up and sleep but I already said that so I condensed it to just babe ‘cause that’s easier to say and might not piss you off.” “I can’t read all that in babe, Jake.” “You’ll learn to read my babes.” 49 likes