Start by marking “An Alpha's Choice (Talon Pack, #2)” as Want to Read:
An Alpha's Choice (Talon Pack, #2)

An Alpha's Choice

(Talon Pack #2)

Brynn Brentwood has spent the whole of her life protecting the Talon Pack through terrors only she will ever know. She’s never asked for more in life other than to live to take her next breath and to ensure her family is safe. Regardless of her selfless wishes and the atrocities the former Alpha committed, she has always known that fate would provide for her as it had ...more
Published August 18th 2015

Start your review of An Alpha's Choice (Talon Pack, #2)
Marta Cox
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well the unthinkable has happened and the secret of shifters is well and truly out. Humans now know that werewolves walk amongst them and it's up to the Packs to blend in and try to cause as little upset as possible. Humans often fear that which they don't understand and now the Redwood and the Talon Packs are both firmly in the spotlight.
Brynn is an alpha female whose life has been all about protecting those weaker than herself. Her father cruelly abused her but she has survived and now fate
◊♦ Naomi
An Alpha's Choice is the second book in Carrie Ann Ryan's Talon Pack series and while I quite enjoyed the first book, this one fell a little short for me.

I liked the beginning of the story enough, both characters were introduced in the first book and while I did not dislike them, I wasn't entirely invested in them either. I like Carrie's writing style, it's very easy to read, so if you're looking for a nice, sexy and drama free story, An Alpha's Choice is for you.

As much as I like an easy read,
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Chelle:

An Alpha's Choice was my first 'official' foray into the world of the Talon and Redwood packs and I must say... I want more! Passion, conflict, beautiful story arc... Carrie Ann brings it all.

Talon Pack is a spinoff of Carrie Ann's astoundingly successful Redwood Pack series. In Talon, Packs have allied and the secret is out. Shifters exist. The humans aren't completely comfortable with that yet, so the Packs are treading carefully.

Our
Sofia
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read by Carrie Ann Ryan. As soon as I read it I knew I had to read more and I did. An Alpha’s choice is the second book in the Talon Pack series but it can surely be read as a standalone, I did read it as such but I totally recommend staring from book one.

The world knows that shifters exist. The Talon and the Redwood packs will try their best to convince them that they aren’t the animals the humans think they are. Bryn Brentwood is the sister of the Alpha of the Talon
Hannah
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Another emotional roller coaster courtesy of Carrie Ann Ryan. Brynn and Finn, finally, and of course it isn't going to be an easy read. I love everything about this series starting way back at the start of the Redwood Pack series, there is no book I didn't love; this book is no exception. Carrie Ann Ryan does not disappoint.

As we read through the Redwood pack series we saw young Finn as a baby and small child. Now in the Talon pack series he's all grown up and he's not going to waste
Denise Van plew
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh this sneaky author and her ability to make us the reader puppets on strings pulling at our emotions as she has in this one. Regardless what life has tossed at these two Brynn and Finn are still standing with hearts that are huge but need filling by that special love that a mating can bring. She knows who her mate is but the wrecker is he can't feel it. It isn't that he won't, he can't due to something that had gone awry in a past event. Now though danger is even closer and what is building ...more
Emily
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Brynn Brentwood has found her mate, however her mate has not acknowledged her and if that wasn't bad enough she is paired with him trying to show shifters can exist with humans. Each meeting with Flynn Jamenson devastates Brynn. Brynn has lived her life in the Talon pack, while Finn is the heir to the Redwood pack, politics are constantly at play as Brynn pretends to be not effected. She doesn't know about Finn's history or the fact that his wolf is a bit more complicated, is there any hope for ...more
Dar
This story wasn't quite what I expected, but that wasn't a bad thing. There is s lots of intrigue and a bit of heartache, and finally, finally, some sexy times

I would classify this more of an adventure with romantic elements than a romance with action elements. It was a great read, but heavy on adventure, with our main characters being attracted to each other

Debbie
Aug 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF! Couldn't get into it, even though I liked the first book.
books are love
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think Finn and Brynn are perfect for one another. they complement one another and help the other deal with the horrors that only each other can understand. Why? They have both faced true horror in their past and survived. They also don’t hold back what they think from one another. They work well to’gether and we see them be truly good for one another. They are there for one another even when they are frustrated with each other.

finn you just feel for. He has gone through so much and he doesn’t
Marie
I am a HUGE Carrie Ann Ryan fan! I have read all of her Redwood Pack Series as well as Dante's Circle Series. Both are wonderful and I have started reading some of her other books. The Redwood Pack series was my first reads of hers so when the Talon Pack began I jumped right on reading them. I really love that now we see Finn as an adult. He was a child in the Redwood Pack series and had to endure some horrible things.

In An Alpha's Choice the unthinkable has happened and now humans know of the
Mspink
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.

I have been looking forward to this story for a long time. Even before I knew it existed, because I’ve read all the Redwood books and now we are in to the Talons stories. Finn’s character has always touched me because of what he went through as a child. I always wondered how that would affect the rest of his life.

I cannot begin to express how much I loved this story. I literally had a lump in my throat the whole book. There are
Charity Costa
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: If you have not read the first book in this series DO NOT read my review, there is a spoiler from book one and I hate to ruin things for readers so BEWARE!!!! Please :)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ok so you have read book 1 in the Talon Pack so you know what happened?!?!?! If not
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is book 2 in the Talon Pack series by Carrie Ann Ryan. The Talon Pack is in alliance with the Redwood Pack from her previous series and the timeline has jumped ahead so that all the little cubs from the previous series are now adults and finding their own mates.

This is Finn’s story. Finn was gravely injured as a toddler when a Demon made it into their den and broke every bone in Finn’s body. He was healed, but things have not been easy for him as he has grown. He is the Heir to the Redwood
Eva Millien
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Their whole world has changed and Finn and Brynn must fight as one because with one wrong move everything could be destroyed, they’ll do what it takes to save them all even if they can’t save themselves in this pulse pounding paranormal romance.

Brynn Brentwood has spent her whole life protecting her pack and Finn has been broken more than once and the reader can’t help but get caught up in this turbulent story as a broken bond interferes in what should have been. The chemistry sizzles from every
Debra Taylor
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Absolutely Fantastic ! An Alpha's Choice is a sexy and spellbinding read !

An Alpha's Choice is the second book in the Talon Pack Series. It reveals uncertain times for the Talon and Redwood Packs, and they're not alone in their fears. It was in Tattered Loyalties that the humans officially learned of the wolves existence. Now it's been a year since that Unveiling as the world watches and tensions escalate, and the situation gets very risky for the paranormal world. It's an effort to ease
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's blog tour promotions.

I have to say that this author makes her best work in the paranormal romance genre. I've read her contemporary romance books, and while I liked some of them, I feel like I love her shifter novels more. This book is a great example. The truth is, I wasn't able to read the first book in this series, but in no way did it affect my enjoyment of this book.

I loved the hero.
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've got to say I was really worried about reading Finn story. I had so many hopes for this and I'm so glad CAR was able to pull it off. In the second Talon book Finn is 30 and since The demon tried to kill him he's struggled to hear is wolf.
At a gathering Finn meats Brynn and is instantly attracted to her but his wolf stays quite through the whole meeting.
Brynn had know a while Finn is her mate but when he doesn't make any moves or intention to mate she thinks the Goddess has messed up.
Leo,
Jennifer Miller
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My heart shattered in the certain parts of this book. This is one of the best wolf shifter books I have ever read. A first kiss that just blowed you away. A broken wolf and a dominant female with a broken heart. And what a family, if humans could only love their kin the way this wolf family does. This book is a totally keeper. I was given this book for an honest review.
Carmen
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: carrie-ann-ryan
I loved this book. I knew Finn's story wouldn't be easy but boy was I really wrong. I cried in several parts. I felt for these two more than I had for the others. Carrie pushed me over the edge then brought back feeling whole, happy and now needing more.
I can't wait to read Ryders story and the mate who will make him whole.
Lisbette Tomas
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'll be honest: I probably wouldn't have read this book if I hadn't picked up the bundle with the first three books of the Talon Pack series. The first book was solid enough but didn't leave me desperate for more. Still, inertia is a heck of a thing, and it was easy enough to continue reading when I finished the first book and the second was right there.

We got to know Brynn fairly well in the first book, since she is the dominant female in the Talon Pack. It's a bit of a strange dichotomy, since
Erin Penn
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Of all the potential love interests from the lack-luster first book of the series, Brynn and Finn interested me the most. And it is still the formulaic, entertaining-enough results of the first book. Other series by Ms. Ryan have held my interest, but not this one.

The wolves are too generic. The dialogue has no snap. The sex scenes are warm, not hot, and if I got to read one more "the zipper left an impression"....

Yes, the war is interesting, but not buried under the constant self-consideration
Megan
Quick Info
Standalone/Cliffhanger?: Standalone
Part of a Series?: Yes
POV: Brynn and Finn
----------------------------------
Meeting the Characters
Brynn - Older lady to Finn's youth. A dominant female but no actual place in her pack (Talon)
Finn - Heir to the pack Redwoods. Bit of a playboy
----------------------------------
What happens?
Finn and Brynn are sent out into the human world to mix with humans and to make the impression wolves mean no harm. It goes so well to plan someone who would
JodyL
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brynn knows that Finn is her mate but he doesn't. Finn's wolf has been not normal since he was two and was attacked by a demon. When every bone in his body was broken and Hannah had healed him something didn't heal right.
Brynn wants more from him, she wants a true mating. So she is always angry with him but he doesn't know why. The outside world is showing their true colors against the wolves. There are several instances of the hate that resides in some of the human racists. Brynn and Finn even
Meiwilli
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
The second installment in the Talon Pack series is not a significant improvement from Tattered Loyalties in repetitive dialogue and editing however the plot is more suspenseful. An Alpha's Choice is a continuation (Tattered Loyalties ends in somewhat of a cliffhanger--a death sentence to any story as far as I'm concerned) of where book one ends with the humans finding out the existence of wolf shifters.

Brynn Brentwood of the Talon Pack and Finn Jamenson of the Redwood Pack have been chosen to be
Tamara
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved an Alpha's Choice. I felt a real connection to the pack build throughout this story, as I got to knew the members of the Talon Pack better- learn some of their history, and personalities. Brynn is a strong heroine, but loved that that while she feared showing her softer side to the pack, she grabbed hold of her courage and opened her heart to Finn.
I love a broken hero, and Finn is amazing. The lengths he is willing to go to to achieve a true mating brought tears to my eyes.
I loved the
Tina
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is great, this book concentrates on Brynn and Finn. Brynn knows Finn is her destined mate but Finn has not acknowledged the pairing, why she doesn’t know so she’s hidden her pain. Finn is attracted to Brynn Brentwood but he doesn’t feel his wolf, he wishes he did but his wolf is and has always been quiet ever since he was damaged by a demon. Is this the reason why his wolf is silent?
Great read, story and plot. I love the characters, lots of angst, lots of lovely moments but the best
MJ
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Grrrr. See my bk1 review for the overall review.

To sum it up.

A. He's not an alpha
B. EVERYONES childhoods were SO abusively tragic, everything's a struggle
C. These pack rules are so stupid that every dumbass wolf it unable to accept that someone else may be higher than them in the hierarchy that they waste endless time challenging those stronger than them, cause you know, 'me not so understandy that they kicked my ass already... or that they are just passing thru and are not trying to boss me
Ann K.
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The heartbreak in this book is palpable. The main character, Brynn's heartache was almost too much for me to read. The desire to have something so important and powerful not come to fruition was devastating for her. As Finn tried to figure out what was going on and how to fix it, things definitely picked up! The sweetness in the relationship made me smile and the future bright for the young (at least one of them!) wolves. I am glad I decided to continue with the series and look forward to the ...more
Tracy Brant
Cute story but little drama

The first book had a lot of drama and suspense, but this story had less. It was so focused on the couple's impossible mating and lines were repeated constantly. It was a good story but not my favorite. I am more excited about next book in this series because of the preview in this one. I do recommend the series, however. I just believe this story could have been told with half the words.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Shattered (Nightwind Pack, #2)
  • Mating Season (Morgan Clan Bears, #1)
  • Catching Her Bear (Weres and Witches of Silver Lake, #2)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves #2)
  • Kissed by Fire (Dragonkeepers, #1)
  • Wolf Games (Granite Lake Wolves #3)
  • A Magical Shift (Weres and Witches of Silver Lake, #1)
  • Tempted by the Jaguar: Transformation and Revelation (Riverford Shifters Book 1)
  • Rocky Mountain Devil (Six Pack Ranch #10; Rocky Mountain House #15)
  • Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves #6)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves #5)
  • Taming the Alpha (Crescent Moon, #1)
  • When a Beta Roars (A Lion's Pride, #2)
  • Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)
  • Pretty Kitten (Age of Night, #2)
  • Wolf's Mate (Crescent Moon, #7)
  • The Bear's Forbidden Wolf (Weres and Witches of Silver Lake, #4)
  • Surge of Magic (Weres and Witches of Silver Lake, #3)
Carrie Ann Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary, paranormal, and young adult romance. Her works include the Montgomery Ink, Redwood Pack, Fractured Connections, and Elements of Five series, which have sold over 3.0 million books worldwide. She started writing while in graduate school for her advanced degree in chemistry and hasn’t stopped since. Carrie Ann ...more

Talon Pack (9 books)
  • Tattered Loyalties (Talon Pack, #1)
  • Mated in Mist (Talon Pack, #3)
  • Wolf Betrayed (Talon Pack, #4)
  • Fractured Silence (Talon Pack, #5)
  • Destiny Disgraced (Talon Pack, #6)
  • Eternal Mourning (Talon Pack, #7)
  • Strength Enduring (Talon Pack, #8)
  • Forever Broken (Talon Pack, #9)