Start by marking “Zombified (Zombie Apocalypse, #2)” as Want to Read:
Zombified (Zombie Apocalypse, #2)

Zombified

(Zombie Apocalypse #2)

Dubbed “scary, freaky, and original” by New York Times bestselling author Nancy Holder, Adam Gallardo’s Zombie Apocalypse YA series pits teens against zombies in the edgy, witty, bloody-awesome tradition of The Walking Dead and Kick-Ass.

High-school senior Courtney Hart’s dream of moving to New York City for college has been derailed by the zombie apocalypse that has made m
Published January 27th 2015 by Kensington -Teen

To ask other readers questions about Zombified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombified

Jenn
description
Brainnsssss

Welcome to Salem, Oregon - where the dead walk and that's just the way of life.

Zombified picks up a few months after the events of Zomburbia. Courtney has lost both of her best friends, broken up with her "boyfriend", and stopped selling Vitamin Z. So there's one plus there. She also has a new band of zombie hunters - Phil and Cody. Life seems to still be plugging along and Courtney is still waiting for news on NYC opening back up. But when she gets back to school, she finds there's
melissa
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
A few months (summer break) has passed since the first book, and Courtney did her time being grounded but still managed to sneak out and do a bit of zombie asskicking with the boys (Phil & Cody). Quite a bit changed while she was on social hiatus and the beautiful boy Brandon is no where to be found at school, then several of his social elite circle start to disappear as well.

This one is just as emotionally and physically brutal as the first one. There should be no crying in zombie books, bu
OutlawPoet
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Snark is Back!

The Z-poc sub-genre is getting a bit tired - even for a horror lover like me. However Zombified by Adam Gallardo manages to keep the zombie madness fresh and fun.

Courtney is back - and so is the Vitamin Z - in a take no prisoners brain fest of gnashing teeth, Zombie killers, and a little teen angst. And the Snark is back!

While there's non-stop action, Gallardo takes us to a darker place with this book. Warning - there's a ton of heartbreak ahead. The book is absolutely original
Alyce Hunt
Generally, when I'm reviewing a book on or before release date, I like to keep the spoilers to a minimum, but because this is the second novel in a series, I'm going to be referring to things that have happened in the first book, and this is one of those novels where everything I want to talk about is inherently spoiler based, so I'm just gonna have to go in all guns blazing.
In the first novel of the 'Zombie Apocalypse' series, we were introduced to Courtney Hart, a teenager who was selling drug
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
Those who liked ZOMBURBIA, Adam Gallardo's first book in the series, will no doubt like ZOMBIFIED. Book #2 picks up life with Courtney as she continues to struggle through high school.

By struggling I don't mean grades. Courtney is brighter than most when it comes to academics. She just has this problem with judgement in daily life. In book #1 she was selling drugs(don't even get me started, and the girl was selling Z, ground up Zombie brains) out of the window of the Bully Burger. And in this bo
Dana
May 05, 2015 rated it it was ok

This is an okay sequel, the plot is decent, but I just couldn't finish due to the main character's abrasive and bitchy attitude. I'm all for a “tough chic” but this girl is ridiculous.
Hana Eka
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5/5 dari saya.

Normal adalah hal yang dijabarkan oleh Adam Gallardo.

Kehidupan normal setelah kebangkitan kembali/zombie attack di sebuah kota kecil di AS. Ini bukanlah dunia yang hampir hancur tapi dunia yang berjalan bersama kehadiran zombie hingga terasa normal. Para remaja masih tetap pusing dengan kehidupan sekolah, kecemasan pergaulan, rasa suka-benci sekaligus terbiasa dengan keadaan waspada terhadap zombie. Karakter remaja maupun orang dewasa juga normal dengan gaya bahasa masing-masing
Gbolahan
Yeeeeeaaahhh, this was not as good as book 1. I didn't hate it though. It just seemed like many things were repeated. Stalking zombies. Zombie conspiracies. Courtney dreaming. Courtney crying. Something at the edge of Courtney's thoughts, she's trying to grab it...
Thank God she seemed to grab that elusive thought this time around.
I liked Phil. Who wouldn't? Cody was OK too.
Please, what was the point of Warren? He was so...tacked on. Is tacked on even a thing?

So, whenever book 3 comes out, I'll b
Kimm Reilly
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I quiet like this author and this story, of course.
There are big changes, heartbreak, heroics but through it all it’s a tale of people. A proper coming of age story that happens to hinge on smart zombies, an even smarter girl and one last chance to make a difference in this world.
Sara Marie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book, I had to get my hands on the second one! Needless to say, I was not disappointed!!
Jessica
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Before I started this book I was a little scared that I'd be overly confused as this is not the first book that features Courtney but as I got farther and farther into it I realized that this book could easily stand alone and I have to admit it had small hints to the first book which made me interested in reading that one.

I really liked Courtney as a character- she seemed like a pretty normal person who was easily liked. She made mistakes, probably more than her fair share of mistakes but they
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Second book which was expected at the turning. I was not disappointed the first read and I am still not with the second, on the contrary I still have expectation with some impatience for the third book.

Let us begin again where we had stopped. Courtney, dealer of Vitamin Z, ended up losing her friend (secret boyfriend), like he best friend because of this drug and of the zombies by the same occasion. This year, she decided to fight against this traffic and she is on the right track... except tha
Jenn
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Latisha Bramlett
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book free of charge from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was better than the first one. It focused more on the zombies and life with the zombies. Courtney notices something weird. The zombies seem to be getting smarter and faster. Now, all she has to do is get someone to believe her. Courtney loses someone very close to her in this book, again. She continues to make stupid mistakes, like all teenagers. But, she is learning to grow up and deal with
✘Tabby✘

THE REVIEW

Why this book?

I liked Zomburbia

What I thought

At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this this book because in the first book Courtney is so unlikable, but with that said I did like the first book. I'm happy to say Courtney is redeemed in this book and there is the awesome zombie action we got from the first book. An awesome squeal that's better then the first.
Aly
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I don't read a lot of Zombie books. They usually don't engage me and they get over done. That being said, I really liked this book. This book kept me wanting to find out what happened next. You learn to look behind you and always keep eye in the back of your head. *I was given this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*
Riya
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this sequel to Zomburbia, snarky heroine (and my favorite YA character, sorry Katniss) Courtney is back with a zombie killing vengeance. Zombified is as addictive as the first book. That kind of addictive where you can't pull yourself away even though your butt is numb and your tummy is growling and your bladder is screaming . . . Highly recommend this YA series!
Lindsay
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
**I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.**

I love Zombies and I love apocalypse books. I just didn't love this one. I can't really put my finger on why that is, the writing is good and the story is fine. However I just couldn't really get behind it.
Deb
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed this book. Thought it was better than the first one. And while it leaves itself open for more stories in this world, it doesn't require a sequel. Proud to have an autographed copy!!
Robertvaughn7 Vaughn
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the character development. I definitely felt like there is a progressive story line here. Can't wait to see where it goes in book 3.
Josef Hernandez
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
The follow up to "Zomburbia" fell flat for me

For a full review, please go to http://www.examiner.com/review/zombif... and follow me on Twitter @josenher
Valary
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, funny, ya
feel like it doesn't stand alone, though I love females that kick zombie butt
Aug 21, 2015
Jun 27, 2016
Hamre
Jul 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Adam Gallardo is a writer who lives and works in Oregon. Mostly known for writing comics (Star Wars: Infinities -- Return of the Jedi, 100 Girls and Gear School volumes one & two), his debut YA novel, Zomburbia, is out now from Kensington. The sequel, Zombified, will be ublished in January 2015.

Zombie Apocalypse (2 books)
  • Zomburbia (Zombie Apocalypse, #1)