Start by marking “Angel Fire (Hunter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Angel Fire (Hunter, #4)

Angel Fire

(Hunter #4)

A vacation out of the city sounds like just the ticket for Tori Hunter and Sam Kennedy. Joining their Dallas Police Department pals Casey O’Connor and Leslie Tucker in a rented RV, they set out for the New Mexico mountains—and on a collision course with a manhunt.

FBI agents Cameron Ross and Andrea Sullivan are tracking a deadly quarry in desolate territory. An ex-teammate
Published January 13th 2015 by Bella Books (first published December 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Fire

Lex Kent
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, f-f-crime, romance
3 1/2 Stars. I am a huge fan of Hill's characters Andrea and Cameron, so I absolutely wanted to read this book. Unfortunately, it is no where near as good as her other books with these characters. I did still enjoy it and was happy to read more about Andrea and Cameron.
This book also had Hill's other famous characters, Tori and Sam. What was funny about this book is you got to see how similar Tori Hunter and Cameron Ross really are. I liked the premise of two likeable couples working together.
Milkiways
Jun 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, lesfic
This book is exclusively for the fans of characters from the previous book. I felt like, the characters are too crowded but I can see the well thought intention of the writer brining all the characters together for the fans! The plot wasn't really smart, nothing new... however, it is very well written as you expected of the writer! She didn't disappointed in that regard! If you are devoted reader of Gerri Hill (I assume most of you are) then, go for it if not I wouldn't recommend you to take the ...more
Jem
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Average Gerri Hill thriller. Probably the only ones who will want to pick this up are fans of the author's Hunter Series and Devil's Rock series. But only if you are a diehard fan of either series as we get more of the leads. The main problem is the 'more' doesn't add anything to the character development. Except for the case they're handling, not much else goes on...unless you count (view spoiler) ...more
Serena
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm sad to say that this is the first book that I've read by Gerri Hill that I'm really disappointed about.
I had high hopes, because Tori and Sam are one of my all time favorite lesbian couples.
But then again I should have seen it coming. I mean getting three couples, two different books, in one.
That is not easy.

There was no romance, it was purely a cop story. And even that aspect didn't really pull me in.
I don't think the crime story was a very good one.

Only one upside for me I guess. I got t
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th novel in Gerri Hill's "Hunter's Way" series with favorite characters Hunter and Sam and is also the crossover fans have been waiting for with Cameron Ross and Andrea Sullivan from her "Devil's Rock" series. The start of the book finds Tori Hunter and Sam Kennedy on a long deserved vacation in New Mexico with Casey and Leslie. The two couples rented an RV and are camped out in a quiet state park. Unfortunately, things don't stay quiet for long when a park ranger asks for their hel ...more
Aimee Hill
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really wish there would have been more to the story, as with many Gerri Hill novels chapters can be very short, in this case with as many characters and as hectic of a plot I feel an expansion would be nice, as to avoid any holes or spots that can leave you wanting more. Then again maybe I just want as much from these characters as possible.
M
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: l-books, thrillers
Good author, poor book.

Really struggled with this one as I have enjoyed the others in both series. Pity.
R T
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed really. Just...Sam was like a therapist. Andrea too. Tori has simply been freaked out. Cameron act like a macho man. Is this the last one? Ohh
Velvet Lounger
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gerri Hill has taken the Hunter series (Hunters Way, In the Name of the Father, Partners) and added in Sullivan and Ross from Devils Rock and Hell’s Highway. What could possibly go wrong? Well apart from the fact that once again it is poor Sam who is abducted and Tori is fit to be tied, putting Tori Hunter and Cameron Ross in the same state seems like an incendiary idea.

Sure enough Hunter and Ross are so alike they hate each other on sight. Both used to being top dog, both used to doing things t
D. Leigh
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another winner by Gerri Hill. She packs a lot in this book with three of her popular couples-- Tori and Sam (Hunter's Way), Casey and Leslie (Partners), Cameron and Andrea (Devil's Rock). Sam is kidnapped by a serial killer who appears to have no conscience -- but does he? Tori is understandably going crazy and Cameron is the only one who can track this guy through the woods because she knows him. The story plays to the author's strengths, which is her ability to explore the depth of complex rel ...more
Cheri
I probably would have gone 2.5 if I could have. There was just too much repetition of the same information regarding the couples involved. I read the same information numerous times as it was being relayed to various characters.

The couples also felt like they could have been clones of each other - a danger when combining protagonists from two different series when they're pretty much the same people.

Ultimately, I wish there had been more about the crime. And a more believable bad guy.

I'll defi
Kath
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-books
As a big fan off Gerri Hill I can only say this is a must read!!
Susanne
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ff-mystery
Angel Fire is a cross over between two different series featuring Tori Hunter and Sam Kennedy with Cameron Ross and Andrea Sullivan.

Tori and Sam are on a camping holiday with their friends, Casey and Leslie. As they are all with law enforcements, they were asked to look into a possible disturbance by local ranger. Cameron and Andrea were called in to assist. The disturbance ended up being a home invasion which leads to a kidnapping, more shooting and a chase through the mountains and forest ...
Linda
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this fourth book in the series. The cast of characters got a little large, but it focused on Sam (who was pretty much absent from the last two books) and her relationship to a killer who kidnapped her. This book also put the nemesis as one of the main characters, and gave the reader a chance to know him. The ending actually choked me up, which surprised me.

The book was well paced, and even with the large cast of characters, they were well written. As a reader, I felt that I got to know t
Nina Cooper
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one, but after the parts 1-3 of the series I had thought this one would include a little more romance. This did not really happen, instead it had more of a police story, and even though I liked the character of Angel, I found him not always convincing. It is not the way he dealt with Sam, but more about the initial killing spree on the one hand, the planning of all that follows and the way Angel is shown in the end.
However, if you like Gerri Hill, you could still give Angel Fire
Cybil Maynard
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Frightening! God, why does Samantha always seem to end up in trouble? I adore her character so much, but she really is her own worst enemy sometimes. Love the concept of combining the two teams here. I think that Cameron and Tori are a lot to put side by side, and you never really get too much of the Andrea and Samantha interaction, although I would love to have read that. Couldn't out this one down, honestly.
A
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ownhardcopy
Wasn't blown away, but still greatly enjoyed this book. Having loved both the Hunter series and the Devil's Rock ones, I really liked the cross-over aspect.

Happy to own all five in these two tracks as I will definitely revisit them.
Sally Trotter
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story about our favourite detectives plus two newcomers to add to the mic
Svetlana Wesley
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one made me feel so much more that other books besides the book one. More scenes and love and that's what I was searching. Loved the way "bad guy" turned to be good one inside. Amazing!
Sam Way
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book in a day, I enjoyed the story and the crossover... granted I read this story after reading the Hunter series, so I’m new to Cam/Andi.

I do enjoy Tori/Sam, however, I really wished Sam had more guts. I find she’s always in trouble and Tori is always saving her. I’d like to see some action on Sams part, to give her character another edge.

I’m new to Gerri Hill, but I’m enjoying the books I’ve read so far.

EDIT! :- I’ve read Devils Rock/Hells highway... which made this book even bett
Fer
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NOO, ¿por qué tenía que terminar ?
Voy a extrañar mucho a las mujeres de esta historia, me refiero a las 6.
Cameron fue mi personaje preferido, la adoré y me encantó su interacción con Tori en este libro, aunque me hubiera gustado que se quedaran como amigas o algo así.
Estos son mis libros favoritos, lo que me dejan extrañando a los personajes y queriendo más de la historia.
Sin duda leeré más de esta autora, la primera que he leído sobre este genero (de lesbianas me refiero) y por supuesto estaba
Wendy
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Gerri Hill's books would really like this book. I definitely do. Took me only a few hours to read - it's quite hard to put down. Cameron and Andrea meets Tori and Sam, with a brief cameo by Casey and Leslie, when Sam was taken hostage by a fugitive while on vacation in New Mexico. Said fugitive turns out to be Cam's ex-military teammate. Love the characters and how they interact, as they're all familiar from previous books. Love that the relationships are still going strong. Action, humo ...more
Alena
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, queer
I haven't read a Gerri Hill novel in a long time, but if she has created a character I really, really like, it's Tori Hunter. So even though I really only loved the first book, I just had to check this out.

There's nothing really wrong with it, it's solid and fast paced but didn't really draw me in. It should have, looking at it objectively, it had all the right elements, but it didn't.
Gaelle Cathy
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was really awesome to see both the "Hunter" team and the "Highway" team cross path. I've really enjoyed the storyline, especially the interaction between Sam and Angel. It was something different than to have empathy for the killer. It was a great plus to the story. Hunter and Ross's interaction really cracked me up. A really great story that I read way too quickly!!!! Well done, once again.
Heidi
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good interactions between the main characters, I kept getting confused in who was who and how they were connected to the others. The only one I ever 100% remembered was Sam... Anyway, I couldn't stop reading, wanted to know how they tracked down the madman. Who would finally find him.
Sandra
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just great. The combination of the two investigation groups is perfect. The story's exciting, the main charakters as allways well developed and known from the other storys.
Alealea
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I only liked the bad guy and it's interaction with a previous character. It's unusual, surely not really credible, but still, what a trip !

The rest was like white noise.
Hazey
Book #4 in Hunter Series by Gerri Hill.
Recommended.
the best series by
Laurie
Oct 26, 2016

• Death of a Dying Man (Micky Knight, #5)
  • Deal with the Devil (Cain Casey, #3)
  • Amateur City (Kate Delafield, #1)
  • Rainey Nights  (Rainey Bell, #2)
  • Sharpshooter
  • A Kiss Before Dawn
  • Beyond the Breakwater (Provincetown Tales, #2)
  • Hidden Truths (The Oregon Series, #2)
  • Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ, #1)
  • From a Distance
  • Destiny's Bridge (Lex and Amanda, #1)
  • The Magic of White Oak Lake (White Oak Lake, #2)
Gerri began writing lesbian romance as a way to amuse herself while snowed in one winter in the mountains of Colorado, and hasn’t looked back. Her first published work came in 2000 with One Summer Night. Many more romances have followed, with the occasional murder mystery in the mix.
Gerri’s love of nature and of being outdoors usually makes its way into her stories as her characters often find the

Hunter (4 books)
  • Hunter's Way (Hunter, #1)
  • In the Name of the Father (Hunter, #2)
  • Partners (Hunter, #3)