Start by marking “Yanked (Frenched, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Yanked (Frenched, #1.5)

Yanked

(Frenched #1.5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,912 ratings  ·  440 reviews
Mia Devine fell hard for Lucas Fournier after their magical week in Paris. But eight months later, the free-spirited half-French musician still hasn't made any promises about their future. And as magnifique as long-distance phone sex is, nothing compares to the real thing.

Fed up with stolen weekends and lonely nights, Mia flies to New York armed with a list of reasons why
Published June 5th 2014 (first published June 1st 2014)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Yanked (Frenched, #1.5)
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
1.5--Thanks for Ruining Frenched--Stars!!!

Me when I found out we were getting more Lucas and Mia..

Me after I read this shit-astic book...

Lucas....Mia....Frenched...

I strongly advise those that loved Frenched NOT read Yanked.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS AHEAD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Yanked picks up 8 months after Frenched. Mia and Lucas are in a long distance relationship. We start off with a bang....some hot phone sex. Mia is still insecure over Lucas' willingness, or lack there of, to settle dow
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -

I'm really really disappointed. The author promised we will still love Lucas at the end. Well, maybe Mia still loves him.. But not me! Maybe she forgave him (waaaay to easily btw) but I didn't forgive him!

What happened just leaved me totally pissed! It was the same old shit!

Major spoilers

Mia and Lucas are having a long distance relationship for 8 months.. She is living in Detroit he in New York.. Mia wants to be spontaneous and books a ticket to New York.. Of course without Lucas knowing about t
Nikki
DNFF No, its not a typo. Did not F'ing Finish.

description
I loved Frenched, like all time fav book. I would like to think authors like the characters they write about, eh? So why put something out that you must know is going to kinda make your readers want to Lorena Bobbit your dear hero? FYI - LB chopped off her husbands bits, that's how bad it was. I could go on and on about why this book made me hate Lucas. But I am taking a cue from our dear hero and not giving you "full transparency" (one of his quo
Polly
May 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: will-never-read
UGH!!!

I shit you not, 3 authors have ruined books for me this week. Yet ANOTHER DAMN book I can't read because of stupid drama.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳

Not every stories needs a sequel...
I very much liked the characters in the first book, it was a fun and surprisingly refreshing story.
But this sequel seemed just too forced. It ruined both the whole story and my appreciation of the characters. :/
A friend told me this could have been some bonus chapters posted on a blog... I can only agree, I felt cheated to have paid 3$ for this novella.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Mia's back home in Detroit and Lucas has returned to New York but they've decided to continue the relationship they started in Paris, only long distance...and it's taking its toll. Mia wants more but she doesn't know if she should push Lucas or not.

I had to admit I was a bit nervous about reading this based on all the reviews. Granted, I didn't read them but the star ratings weren't too positive. I'm glad my curiosity got the better of me because I really enjoyed it! Yes, there's some drama but
AJ
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, steamy, romantic
Oh, so happy I got my grabby little hands on this!

I must confess, I’m a little bit stupid about all things Mia and Lucas! I absolutely adored Frenched, and have been anxiously awaiting the release of this novella. Yes, the synopsis is a little scary, and I was dreading an angsty read with stupid behaviour and epic frustration for me, but rest assured romance fans! All is well!

Yes, there is a little bit of stupid. Of course, there has to be! There has to be something that goes wrong in order for
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
4 Stars!
I just love Mia and Lucas:)
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
3 Continuing the Rollercoaster of Love Stars
* * * Spoiler Free
I enjoyed a very cute loving novella called Frenched earlier this year. I was taken by the premise, the characters and the out and out sexy fun of the tale. I liked the balance of characters: her a little uptight, making lists with things frustrating her when they didn't line up. Him, sexy casual and secretly lusting after her.

The location was Paris... he promised to show her his city and they both fell hardcore for each other. It wa
London

description

Title: Yanked (Frenched #1.5)
Series: Part of a series
Author: Melanie Harlow
Release Date: June 05, 2014
Rating: 1 Star
HEA: (view spoiler)

And for those of you that need the following answered prior to starting a book:

Any Hard Limits?
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .Yes.
Über Douchebagery .Yes.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)

Nope. Sorry. Fuck this asshole. Wish I never read this book because
Lisa
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
I won't bother with a review. This should say it all:

This is what I wanted to do to Lucas (aka a$$hole):

photo 11uhxt4_zpsfc1a21d4.gif

This is my reaction to Mia when she basically just let Lucas get away with the Jessica situation:

photo tumblr_m6vqh3yR2C1r9piwi_zps38ea9df4.gif

Can I have the time I wasted reading this back please!
Mallory
2 stars

Not what I was expecting. At all.

Lucas went from book boyfriend to asshole fairly quick in this novella. And the conclusion was not satisfactory for my taste. I really wish now that we could have been left with the ending to Frenched. Because this muddied the waters.
Mandy
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I am in the minority here with my goodreads friends but I really enjoyed this! Yes, Lucas does something pretty stupid but I felt ok with his apology and even mores so after I read the epilogue. I don't think he realized what he did was wrong until he saw it through Mia's point of view. I love Lucas and Mia together and the shower scene was pretty hot. I love the epilogue! This book may not be for everyone but I really enjoyed it.
NinaReader
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This little novella begins 8 months after Frenched.

Mia and Lucas are managing the long distance relationship with occasional weekends together and lots and lots of phone sex.

Ok, I'm game.

Then Mia is who she is and starts wanting more from their relationship. She decides to be spontaneous and flies to NY to have this talk with Lucas.

Of course!!! Of course who opens the door in a towel??? It could only be the ex.
Then Lucas proceeds to prove that even though he was wonderful...he's still just
Maayan
May 22, 2014 marked it as not-my-cuppa
Hell to the NO ! Not gonna happen. I'm so pissed right now. And disappointed. And angry. And I wanna kick someone's ass!! Grrrrrrr
Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy, romance, love
I was lucky enough to get my hands on an early copy of Yanked. I sped through it, and did not want it to end. One thing I realized as I was reading it is how much I missed Mia's character. She is just so darn likable. Truly a breath of fresh air in the genre. She is still hilarious, smart, loyal, and gorgeous. And Lucas. Ah Lucas. He's still so dreamy. One of my favorite book boyfriends ever. He has a momentary hiccup *gasp* but we get past it pretty quickly. I haven't mentioned the sex scenes y ...more
Michelle
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this little Novella, Mia and Lucas have been carrying on a long distance romance, with the focus being the distance. Both far too busy to spend more than a few stolen days together, Mia has had enough. She wants more and decides that she is going to head to New York to get it. But what she finds when she knocks on his door is a lot more than she bargained for.

Lucas has never wanted marriage or a forever. Those promises don’t last and can ruin you. But with Mia, he wants more than just today..
Jacqueline
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5 glum stars
I adored Frenched so I was looking forward to finding out what happened to Lucas and Mia when they returned from France.
Eight months on they're enduring a long distance relationship with Mia settled in Detroit and Lucas in Manhattan. As the story begins Mia's old fears about Lucas's reluctance to commit resurface so she decides to pay him a surprise visit in NYC, only to find he has a houseguest he hasn't seen fit to mention...
I was so annoyed with Lucas at this point I wanted Mia
Michelle
Jun 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
Major...Major... Spoilers!!!!
Read at your own risk!!!

I fell in love with Lucas in Frenched. At the end of that book... I had so many questions. I wanted to know if they had made. If he had changed his mind about marriage & kids..
I was sooo rooting for them... For him!!!
I could not wait to read this book!!! I was so excited. But that excitement was short-lived pretty early on in the story.

I don't understand why this story had to go this route. This Novella just broke my heart!! Shattered it!! As
Lorraine
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers of Frenched
Shelves: 2014-read
I thought long and hard about where to leave this review as there are two listings for this book on Goodreads. The other listing is full of praise and 5 Star reviews and this one is not. This is exactly why I'm leaving my review here so that anyone considering this Novella will get a good balance of opinions.
Before I say more, I would insist that you read Frenched before you read this, otherwise there are lots of scenes that will not make sense, plus you're missing out on a bloody marvelous stor
Emma
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
A very disappointing conclusion for this couple. 2*

After 8 months of long distance dating Mia decides to surprise Lucas and start a discussion about moving their relationship along. Unfortunately when she gets there she finds Lucas’ ex in his apartment. Turns out he has offered her his bedroom for a short while but purposely kept it from Mia, and he has not told the ex about Mia. This was so out of character from Lucas in book one that I had to reread the section.

I can tolerate characters behavi
Brandi
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect addition to Mia and Lucas's story. If you loved Frenched, you'll love this. There's more fun, more sexy-times, and more Lucas.

Athena
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: angst, novella
So with this novella we didn't get the Lucas we got in the first book, well not until much later! The only reason I gave it three stars is because of the ending, but the beginning of the book can go suck it!!!
Kristin
May 22, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: awaiting-release
oh......I don't like this blurb. I think I'd rather leave them with a HEA then read a bunch of ugly drama. :(
Hildy
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this even better than the first. Maybe not quite 4 stars though.
Patrixia Lansangan
well what do you know? it actually wasn't that bad XD

I love Mia and Lucas' story and this was a great addition to their story.

<3 I want what they have, so jealous <3
Maida
I'll be honest: Lucas's actions had me reeling... and yet, I was able to forgive him & appreciate the growth and maturity that he exhibited towards the novel's end. (I'm actually quite surprised because when it comes to these sorts of things, I'm usually steadfastly unforgiving).

I think that part of the reason why I was able to move past the "debacle" was the fact that Lucas & Mia eventually DID have an honest conversation about it. The situation wasn't swept under the rug the way that it is in
Elle
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Yanked by Melanie Harlow is the follow-up to her smash novel, Frenched. For all the fans that begged for more from Lucas and Mia, Harlow absolutely delivers a captivating novella to satisfy your need for more.

I absolutely loved this novella! It had everything I wanted – plenty of passion, quick wit and humor, and just the right amount of drama to keep me on my toes. Reading the blurb for Yanked left me scared and anxious to get my hands on this book. Don’t be intimidated by the synopsis! You def
Audrey
Me post-Frenched:

How Yanked made me feel:

Do yourself a favor and skip this one!
Bookphenomena (Micky)
An excellent follow up to frenched. Written in the same humorous style, Lucas and Mia are living the long distance relationship. It has highs but some very low, lows. Loved this instalment of their story.
Where is it?! :O 8 24 Jun 05, 2014 07:38PM

• The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #3)
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • Restraint (Mason Family, #1)
  • Unraveling Him (The Bailey Brothers #3)
  • Imperfect Match
  • Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1)
  • Protecting You (Bailey Brothers, #1)
  • Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)
  • Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4)
  • Smitten
  • Reckless Miles (Miles Family, #3)
  • That Swoony Feeling (Getting Lucky, #4)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)
  • No More Secrets (Blue Moon, #1)
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
  • The Change Up
USA Today bestselling author of sweet and sexy romance. Lover of cocktails, high heels, and history with the naughty bits left in. Michigan girl. INTJ. Always seeking ginspiration...

Find me!

FULL LIST OF BOOKS:

Series:
Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1) by Melanie Harlow

Frenched (3 books)
  • Frenched (Frenched, #1)
  • Forked (Frenched, #2)