Start by marking “Breaking Free (Others of Edenton, #4)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Free (Others of Edenton, #4)

Breaking Free (Others of Edenton #4)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  367 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
*18+

They say that dreams can come true, but as a Dreamwalker, Devlin had yet to experience anything but nightmares. Then again, the druid had been held by sadistic vampires and dark mages for twenty years, forced to do their bidding. Newly escaped, he stumbles upon a dreamrealm where he can’t resist a little werewolf.

Jamie just wants someone to call her own. She feels like
Published June 10th 2014 by Smashwords (first published June 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Free

Anna-marie
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I find myself wondering if this may be the best book of the series (so far).
It is full of our favourite characters, progressing even further into their respective lives.
In this installment we meet Devlin, a Dream Walker, who has been a captive of the Dales for the last 20 years.
He is a great character & not surprisingly gels perfectly with our merry band.
He has connected with Jamie through her dreams & goes to Edenton to see her, but he also has another connection there too.
There were a
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Lines “Not all dreams are bad, even if they start that way. Sometimes dreams come true, and sometimes dreams bring you hope on even the bleakest days.”

“To feel your heart beat with mine. To know if what I feel is real, or just loneliness finally catching up with me.”

“Desire trumps doubt any day.”

“That’s no way to think. If, after all this time, I can still want to live, you can too. I managed to let go of my beautiful, sweet Moira. I can move on now, if I ever get out of this prison. Yo
Breezy *Lover of all things Alpha Male*
Brian & Tara
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Key Plot Elements: paranormal romance; action/drama; lycanthropy and other fantasy elements; generous 18+ sexy content; based in the Pacific NW.

The fourth book in Brandy Rivers Others of Edenton series begins by taking you briefly back in time to better explain current-day drama. After decades of torture, Devlin feels he must carry on as his father had, running to avoid his considerable powers being used for evil. He’s a healer, not a fighter. Besides, no one would want to be subjected to the da
Jenn
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-read
I'd like to mention that I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review from Lovers of Paranormal group.

First I'd like to say, thank You for letting me read this book. I give it 7 stars!! I loved it and I will most definitely be reading the other 3 books in the series to catch up on all the characters.

My first favorite part of this book was in the prologue when Declan castrated Malachi. I had to read that line over and over to make sure I read it correctly. It was awesome! I thor
Claire
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, as with all in this series it gets another 5 stars as they are really that good.

We get to meet Devlin, Fallon's older brother who is just fantastic but so different from herself. He's a Dreamwalker and comes to visit Jamie through her dreams.
He sets out to find her then meets his sister and a whole load of things happen, not to mention the return of the return of the Dales, who Fallen dispatched last time they appeared in Edenton.

Devlin and Jamie make a great couple and Devli
Sarah Cradit
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Each of Rivers’ books are better than the last. Breaking Free introduces some fun characters, and adds further dimension to ones we already know and love.

Devlin quickly steps into the lead as my favorite male character of the series, with the right balance of heart, toughness, and sensitivity. And Jamie, who I was neutral on before, showed some very rich dimension and vulnerability that made her entirely worth rooting for.

It’s also nice to see characters we know and love settle into lives that m
Eva Millien
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a Dreamwalker, Devlin’s life has been a nightmare for too long, until he stumbles upon a dream realm where he can’t resist a little werewolf in this riveting paranormal romance. This paranormal community inspires friendship and loyalty as they accept new comers and past mistakes are forgiven to join together and fight to keep everyone safe. The action is full of magic, excitement and drama but remains believable and the charming Others of Edenton ensnare the readers ensuring that they are com ...more
Shannon
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Devlin has been held by the Dales for 20 years having to do terrible things to survive, but he is still honorable. What happens when he escapes? Devlin is a dreamwalker and his dreams lead him straight to Jamie, has she finally found her mate? Devlin finds more than he could wish for when he goes to Jamie, he finds family and friends! Will they be enough to stop the danger that is following Devlin? Will the past finally destroy Devlin's family? There is so much going on in this book, I loved it! ...more
Colleen Everly
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First I'm going to say I love this series, the town of Edenton that this author has created amazes me. so many different people/others all living together to create a close knit community.
Devlin had a horrible past and felt like he should continue running to protect everyone, but Jamie made him want to stay. Finding his family was a plus. Together they can conquer anything, the passion in this book and all the others is panty melting yet done with class. If you haven't read this series you don'
Sandyinlargo
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fabulous book. I was lucky and received this in exchange for an honest review via LoP. The interactions between the characters is well done. I found myself unwilling to put it down for any reason. I had read a previous novel in this series. I plan to get them all now and read them again in order. Well done, dear author, Well done.
Wendy Bianco
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love this latest installment of Others of Edenton. I've been patiently waiting for Jamie to find her man and this delivers. Being a fan of Edenton still didn't prepare me for the ride Brandy took me on. You definitely don't want to miss this one and catch up with favorites from previous books as well.
Suzanne Cotton
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

Great story, of course all the Others of Edenton books are great. the characters are fit together perfectly and the continuing story keeps you on the edge of your seat. I read this book in one sitting, I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to Prestons story
Diane
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment of The Others of Edenton. Loved reading Devlin and Jamie's story. Would highly recommend it to others.
Felicia Tatum
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing Brandy L. Rivers book! Devlin and Jamie are a wonderful couple, and I love how we get just enough of our loved characters as well.
M
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: archived-kindle
TheBookLionizer
description

Woah! I never saw that coming. Fallon's brother?! Whaaaat.
Now we know why the Dales kept coming to Edenton and for Fallon.
Parasites!
I felt sorry for Devlin. He was so broken but Jaimie is definitely his saving grace.

Love the progress of the plot and absolutely love the last fight scene where all the asshole leeches die!
Go Fallon x2 :P
Go Jaimie!
Claire Jones
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The conflict with the enemy was resolved rather quickly with little description!
Michele bookloverforever
Shifters, vampires, mages, shadowstalkers, dreamwalkers, mating, violence, justice.
Melanie
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ry-2014, read-in-2014
5*s
Review posted here...

Breaking Free might be the fourth book in the ‘Others of Edenton’ series but there is no let up in the story, the action and the sexytimes. If you’re onto the fourth book, you’re obviously aware of the world of Edenton and its residents and boy are we in for a few surprises this time around because some skeletons are tumbling out of those closets.
In this book, it’s Jamies’ turn to find her mate…… in her dreams! Devlin is a Dreamwalk
Toni ~married to a hunk~
Great book and a great part to the series. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Lynn Worton
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the forth book in the Others of Edenton series. I really enjoyed it!

Jamie is a wonderful character. I really liked her. She is a werewolf with the gift of empathy and can sense the emotions of those around her. She is also the sister of Jess, who is married to the Alpha of the Edenton pack, Slater. When she meets a stranger in a dream, she is instantly drawn to him and the emotions he invokes in her. Can she convince him to stand and fight, when danger threatens to tear them apart?

Devlin
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4 Rockin’ ★★★★

Two parents with exceptional gifts are forced to separate and each takes one of their children to insure that survive. Staying together as a family would only pull the evil that pursued them to where they were hiding and allow them to be captured. The father, Declan would take their son Devlin and teach him how to use his gift as a Dreamwalker. The mother, Moria would take their daughter Fallon and help her learn to use powers with the help of a family friend, Gabri
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book by the Author for an honest review.

I have loved this series from the beginning. The females are strong and fighters not the sit back and let then men do all the fighting and everything for them. NO they are right in the mix right beside their men fighting just as hard. The men are HOT and will fight anyone for who they love and consider theirs.

Jamie keeps seeing this man in her dreams. However, this is no ordinary dream or man for that matter because it feels real. Devlin
Novel Grounds
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
brekaignfree

Goodreads|Amazon

5 HUGE stars.

Sometimes a book guts you. Sometimes a book can even light that fire inside you that has you rooting for those characters like they are your best friends. This book does both and it manages to do it simultaneously.

Devlin and Jamie just want this HEA. They want life to just stop and let them be in love. But with the Dales changing Devlin and after Fallon, things blew up in this book. I felt like I was biting my nails page after page waiting for that bomb to drop.

Devl
Mary Lou Hoffman
Series: Others of Edenton #4
Category: Paranormal, Fantasy
Received from: Brandy L. Rivers (in exchange for an honest review)
Recommended for: 18+, adult situations
Grammar/editing: ungraded – book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

This is the sixth book in this series, including two companions. They do need to be read in order.

Devlin is a different kind of Other. He is a healer, but he is also a dreamwalker. He can visit people in their dreams and it is as real as real. He had spent twent
Joyce Wetherbee
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
The latest entry in the ongoing saga of the Others of Edenton introduces us to Declan, Moira and their children, Devlin and Fallon (whom we met in In Too Deep). The prologue takes us back 71 years to when Declan and Moira meet before moving forward nine years to when they must part for their family's safety. Devlin and Fallon are separated to be raised by the parent best able to teach them to handle the talents each were born with.

Devlin is now on the run from the Dales and DeMarco, the dark mag
Megan
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brandy L Rivers' Others of Edenton series is fast becoming one of my favorite shifter series. Yes, her novels include magic, wolves, shape-shifters, and vampires but it is her ability to make the fantastic world her characters live in relatable that makes her one of my Must Read authors.

It's one thing to write something fantastic and keep everything in the realm of the mystical/magical - floating along without ever having your feet touch the ground. It takes another kind of talent to immerse you
Denise Van plew
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
As I began this novel I realize this author has given a great prologue that propels me into this novel faster to really begin the heart of it all. Dreams can be wonderful and sometimes scary but if I had a dream like Jamie I would just melt. She dreams of (but also she is in someone's dream)who calls her Precious and says she has set him free of his old life. In this case dreams can become real there are dreamwalkers and all sorts of others. At a wedding she feels she is being watched then she i ...more
Lovers of Paranor...: This topic has been closed to new comments. R2R {484} Breaking Free COMPLETED 50 148 Nov 05, 2014 12:42PM
  • Dead Spell (Elise Michaels #2)
  • Bound by the Moon
  • Darkness Unleashed (Mystic Wolves, #6)
  • Sword of Mercy (La Patron's Sword, #2)
  • Pale Moon (Red Moon, #5)
  • New Beginnings (Highland Wolf Clan #3)
  • Savage Surrender (The Devil's Dires #1)
  • Desert Heart (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch #4)
  • Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick  (Sydney Sedrick #1)
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)
  • Wolf Creek Enforcer (Texas Pack, #2)
  • Wild Heat (Wilding Pack Wolves, #3)
  • Alpha Packed: Book 1
  • Lost Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #6.5)
  • Vampire Princess Rising (The Winters Family Saga, #2)

I've always loved books, especially about monsters and magic, so I started writing. I'm working on a prequel and the next few books in the Others of Edenton series, and I have a head full of stories to share.

I'm a stay at home mother with a wonderful husband who lets me write and write to my hearts content.
More about Brandy L. Rivers

Others of Edenton (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • New Beginnings (Others of Edenton, #0.5)
  • In Too Deep (Others of Edenton, #1)
  • Shadows Fall (Others of Edenton, #1.5)
  • Shadows of the Past (Others of Edenton, #2)
  • Fated Love (Others of Edenton, #2.5)
  • Falling into Place (Others of Edenton, #3)
  • Mending Scars (Others of Edenton, #5)
  • Labor of Love (Others of Edenton #5.5)
  • Light In Darkness (Others of Edenton, #6)
  • Blissful Agony (Others of Edenton, #7)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • When Gravity Fails (The Budayeen Cycle, 1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99