Start by marking “The Mariner's Gift” as Want to Read:
The Mariner's Gift

The Mariner's Gift

Sometimes the best gifts are the ones you least expect.

When LA Times journalist Zola Mitchell decides to head home to San Francisco in December, it's to write a piece on the legendary Alcatraz prison. It has nothing to do with her high school crush Oliver Tworek, who's recently moved back to start up a tour boat business to The Rock. At least, that's what she keeps telling
ebook
Published July 21st 2014 by Beachwalk Press, Inc. (first published July 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Mariner's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mariner's Gift

Brianne
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
The Mariner’s Gift is a quick, light read for anyone who still remembers that cute boy who caught your attention in your high school math class or you can remember watching him on the sidelines while he scored that winning touchdown. When Zola and Oliver meet on a work related trip right before Christmas they instantly connect again, bringing back flashbacks of high school and what could have been.
Newell does a good job on reminiscing on old crushes and first loves in this novella. It was a goo
Susanne Matthews
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How many of us wish we could get a second chance at that guy in high school who didn't know we were even alive back then? Kaylie Newell's romance novel, The Mariner's Gift, shows what can happen when that wish is fulfilled. Twenty years after graduation, Zola meets Oliver, the boy of her dreams, now a hunky man, and, contrary to what she thought, he's single and available again. Will she revert to the shy miss she was or will she reach for the brass ring? You'll have to read the story to find ou ...more
Lisa Filipe
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite reunion romances is when the couple had a relationship in High School or one had a crush on the other, more of an unrequited love, which was what the situation was between Oliver and Zola in THE MARINER'S GIFT. For such a quick read, there sure was quite the story and I enjoy every moment.

I especially loved the flashback scenes where we get a chance to see this "Unrequited Love" in action during High School. I remember those crushes, and they were never easy when the boy didn'
Tracey Parker
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I know the page number is low but don't let that turn you away. This is a beautiful story, that talks about getting second chances, overcoming insecurities, and does it all perfectly. The characters and development of the story work so well. You don't feel rushed or like you are missing parts of the story. Kaylie filled these pages wonderfully! I am so happy with my buy and look forward to reading more from her!
Adriane
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short story, longing for more of these characters!!!
Dee
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novella, romance
Two-haiku review:

He was high school crush
It's now twenty years later
She sees him again

Really nice writing
Great holiday novella
Feel-good Christmas tale
Gwen Overland
Barbara
Anita Yancey
Freda Larimer
Aug 08, 2014
Kaylie Newell lives in Southern Oregon with her husband and two daughters. She’s the proud author of over a dozen romances, including the RITA® finalists, Christmas at The Graff and Tanner’s Promise.