Start by marking “Beyond Time (Time Shifters #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Time (Time Shifters #1)

Beyond Time

(Time Shifters #1)

When you wake up in the wrong body within a futuristic world, being yourself can get you killed.

17-year-old Ryder is on his way to school when he experiences pain like he has never felt before. He awakes in a mysterious lab to discover that, as a victim of an unauthorized transfer, he has been pulled into the year 2127.

Now Ryder’s life depends on him succeeding in making e
Published June 16th 2014 by GlassHouse Publishing (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Time

Sherry Fundin
Beyond Time by Laura N Anile intrigued me because I do love a good time travel story and add a bit of the apocalyptic/dystopian to it and it intrigues me more.

Why I didn’t connect to the characters, other than Kira, I don’t know.

There’s danger, a virus, nuclear bombs, lies and conspiracy, trouble figuring out who’s good and who’s bad…

The Time Shifter series needs to be read in order and Beyond Time makes the need to read more a necessity. Could that be part of my problem? Was it too ‘young’ for
Michael Mardel
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Beyond time book 1 by Anile. I found the characters slightly predictable. However, the conflictual Ryder/Ziron kept me on my toes, waiting for him to stuff up - Anile spells it out if you miss it. The description of the rebel's hideout is quite good though I couldn't picture Kira's place. Why was her father, Tanaka, kept silent for much of the story? It would've added some expose as to what he was up to, and hence Ryder returning to his own time. No ending till the sequel.
Narrelle
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Laura K Anile’s Beyond Time is the first book in an action-filled YA series. In this volume, 17 year old Ryder Worthington is on his way to school when he encounters a pair of bullies. One moment he’s in the midst of a fight, but excruciating pain suddenly takes him out, and the next thing he knows he wakes up 112 years in the future – in someone else’s body.

Trapped in the body of Ziron – the young man who has apparently senselessly jeapardised his whole life to change places with the boy from t
Susan Boyer
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read YA fiction but 'Time Shifters - Beyond Time' by Laura Anile was recommended to me by a friend before Christmas and I've just finished it. The plot was intriguing and fast paced from the first page. Apparently it is the first in a series and I can't wait for Book Two. I need to know what happens! I definitely recommend this book.
BooKss101|Miranda
Sam
added it
Oct 14, 2016
1 follower
Laura has had a lifelong love of writing, which she explored in a successful marketing career before penning her first novel. She loves all things humorous, laughs too loudly and finds her own jokes amusing. She has a passion for traveling and exploring the world but has a phobia of suspect hotel rooms with questionable hygiene. And, oh yeah, she isn't clairvoyant and doesn't own any crystal balls ...more

Time Shifters (2 books)
  • Beyond the Veil (Time Shifters #2)