Start by marking “Icefall” as Want to Read:
Icefall

Icefall

(Rebel Angels #4)

Death stalks Seth MacGregor's clan in their otherworld exile. Kate NicNiven is close to ultimate victory, and she is determined that nothing will keep her from it. Not even the thing that took her soul: the horror that lurks in the sea caves. But Kate still needs Seth's son Rory, and his power over the Veil. And she'll go to any lengths to get him. Seth's own soul is rotti ...more
Published March 24th 2015 by Tor Books (first published March 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Icefall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Icefall

Small Review
Originally posted on Small Review

For new readers:
Here's what you can expect with the Rebel Angels series
(NO SPOILERS)

Characters that feel absolutely real. These don't feel like fictional characters at all. It feels like I'm reading an account of real people and real events. Which is, you know, saying something considering they're fairies and all.

Strong emotions. Rage against the villains with the kind hate where your entire being takes part in the visceral hatefest. Inexplicable but all co
Chris Curran
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Icefall – is the fourth and final novel in Gillian Philip’s brilliant Rebel Angels series. In her vivid, muscular, prose Philip concludes the tale of Seth McGregor and his clann’s struggle to save the veil that protects his world. What a series it’s been and what a dazzling finale this book proves to be.

In Rebel Angels Philip has created a narrative of such complexity it has sometimes been difficult to keep track of all the wonderfully inventive plot strands and the multitude of characters. Yet
SAB
Actual rating 4.5 stars. This review is spoiler free.

This was a strong conclusion to what was an amazing series. It had been ages (aka years) since I read the 3rd book, so the list of who was who at the beginning of the book was a huge help.

The Sithe world is so vivid and the characters so real that it was very easy to slip back into the story. I enjoy seeing the characters in the human world, but nothing compares to seeing them back in their own world beyond the veil. It's a dark, dangerous and
Wayne
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-favs, top-ten
Well that was a rollercoaster ride that had it all. Love, honour, betrayal, joy, twists, turns, heartache and triumph. It took me forever to read the first one on the series but it was brilliant. The characters were fantastic, even some of the supporting ones. Hero's, villains, hero/villains, they really were well written and really jumped off the page. A great finish to a great series although hopefully we see more stories at some stage.
I recommend it to those who like YA fantasy (or fantasy
Heather
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've never purposefully read a book so slow just so it wouldn't end so fast and I could savor each and every word. Wonderful!!!!! Love this book, adore the characters, even the ones I hate and enjoyed seeing die (did that sound too dark? :p) Absolutely wish I could be a part of Seth's clann. Such loyalty such devotion...
This is one of my all-time favorite series. It ended on a good note, but if there's ever a book 5, I'm ready!!!!!!!
Killer Nashville
Fear. It’s wrapping around the house on the cliff as thickly as the mist coming off of the river below it. For Seth Macgregor, fear is the ticking clock signifying that his time is almost up because his soul is almost gone.

For the other members of Seth’s complex clan, fear is something they’ve grown accustomed to and accepted as a part of everyday life. The clan is in a period of waiting, but not for long, because the fiercely malicious Kate NicNiven is determined once and for all to gain their
Louise
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first three books in the Rebel Angels series and Icefall is a stunning conclusion. Philips' unique blend of gritty, dark fantasy, which shows us the magic and terror of being human, never wilts, never stumbles, never disappoints.

Seth's journey, which begins in Firebrand, has been long and arduous, chock full of passion, heroism, heartbreak and tenderness. This series is wonderful for adults and young adults alike, with a powerful plot, characters who fill your head and your heart, a
Jessica
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is book 4 and the final installment to the Rebel Angels series. If this is the first time you’re looking at this series, don’t start here, go back to the first book and begin there. It’s an action packed raging story that spans these four books and is well paced throughout. It will be life or death, victory or defeat, and survival for their souls or oblivion. It’s a chaotic realm full of shifting times and allegiances. Be certain that injuries occur, torture delivered, and twists abound.

Set
Michael
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I read "Icefall," so I don't recall a great deal of detail. It is a good conclusion to this excellent series, however, and probably the best book in the series since the first. Like the rest, it is full of tension, violent action, internal conflict, triumph, sorrow, and tragedy. The characters are well drawn, and none of the characters are purely good or evil -- except for Kate, who is more fully e-vil than I like to see in a serious novel.

If you haven't read anything in
Gemma
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A Very bittersweet ending to a fantastic series that really does deserve more exposure. The writing was on the wall for a certain character, but the way in which their passing was handled was poignant and deserving.

After a particularly slow first half of the book, the second part doesn't let up to the very last chapter. Friends and foes are lost, lines are crossed until the cataclysmic finish of the book.

Full Review to come
Gwen
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series because it was different. I liked that the author didn't slow down to repeat everything and explained the details at a breakneck pace. You really have to pay attention and have a good memory for details when reading this book or you might feel a little lost.
Billie
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It would probably be four or five stars if there hadn't been so many deaths of characters I'd grown to love. I mean, the deaths weren't entirely unexpected--it's war, after all--but it still hurts a little when a favorite character bites it. The head understands, but the heart holds a grudge.
Regina
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
I think that I found the Rebel Angels books series on Amazon.com. Wherever I did I can say that I truly enjoy this series from the first book to the last! I admit that I got a little teary eye at the end of Icefall, but I highly recommend the book.
BookeryBliss
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great way to end the Rebel Angel series! I won the first book, "Firebrand" from a Goodreads giveaway and enjoyed it so much that I went out and bought the other 3 books following it. Highly recommend these for those who enjoy sci-fi, fantasy genres.
Ruth Long
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sobbed. Wept. Actual tears. Lots of them. Don't do that often. *shakes fist at Philip*

Seriously though I have loved this series and this is an unputdownable finale. Loved every minute of this emotional rollercoaster.

Kim
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-adult
Love, love, love this series!
Adele
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it
A good book. Some parts in the first half dragged. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. But I enjoyed the whole series.
Tommy Walsh
Nov 12, 2016
Dawn
May 07, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 12, 2015 12:05PM
Gillian Philip is the author of more than 20 books for adults, young adults and children, including the Rebel Angels series (Firebrand, Bloodstone, Wolfsbane and Icefall). Her debut novel, the dystopian mystery Bad Faith, was published in 2008.

As well as fantasy she writes crime: Crossing The Line and The Opposite Of Amber are published by Bloomsbury. She is one of the Erin Hunters, working on th

Rebel Angels (4 books)
  • Firebrand (Rebel Angels, #1)
  • Bloodstone (Rebel Angels, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Rebel Angels, #3)