Start by marking “Poison in the Blood (Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Poison in the Blood (Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles, #1)

Poison in the Blood

(Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles #1)

She is honey to his throat...but one sweet taste could part them forever... Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles Banished from home while her husband adjusts to life as an immortal, blood-drinking chronicler, Emily Black is homesick, heartsick and struggling under the constant sensory barrage of a city drenched in ancient magic. When an old friend asks for her aid in solving a ...more
Published June 3rd 2014 by Samhain Publishing (first published June 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Poison in the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poison in the Blood

Start your review of Poison in the Blood (Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles, #1)
Elizabeth
I won this book in goodreads giveaway. This book was really interesting and I enjoyed the characters in it. It seemed a little slow in places but a really enjoyable read.
Yi Le
Mar 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, reviewed
This book first include a short novella, the prequel to the main story, where the main character meets her soulmate, who she can't possibly be with because he has signed himself up for immortality. At a magician's party she attends, a murder is discovered and she takes the investigation in hand because she's the only one who can help, as her abilities are of a rare kind.

In the second part, Poison in the Blood, seven years have passed since the incident and Emily must find a murderer, who kidnaps
Giovana (laBOOK'S Blog)
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted at Rosennette. This book was provided by the author in exchange for a honest review...

Well, this was a great read, totally blow my mind. I love it so much!

Some may known I love strong characters, those whom can make their own world and rules and get victorious! But also those whom made the things right and care about others. Fortunately, Emily was all of that. She remind me very well why I love female characters from the hands of author such as Katie MacAlister;
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted at Butterfly-o-Meter Books on June 20th 2014:

Fluttering Thoughts:
Worldbuilding: I loved the world of Poison in the Blood, a very victorianish London filled with magic of all sorts, necromancers, witches, librarians, blood-drinkers, the works! Plus some fantasy elements to boot – fairies, just awesome!
Characters: Emily was adorable, a loving mom, loving wife, poet too, and a really cool seer too. She definitely had to face some of the issues of the era, gender roles and expectat
Pratr- Authors
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Emily is a witch in a male dominant world. She is trying to adjust to her husbands new life and find a way to balance her family life with her magical one. This is the second book in this series but not having read the first one didnt affect my understanding of the plot or the characters.
I would usually steer clear of anything remotely historical and as this is set in a bygone era i wasn't sure if it would grab me, the paranormal/supernatural element of this book is what had me intrigued. From t
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone above 18
This maybe the wrong response but "awwwwwwwww." I really enjoyed these Characters, I'm pretty confident that Justine is my favorite but I wish her backbone was a little more sturdy. I enjoyed Bachar's writing and ideas, this book is mainly PNR but it does have some steam, not much but I know I'm not spoiling anything by saying that readers do get one sex scene between Michael and Emily. I will read this again and I cant wait to book swap with my roommate.

My notes, "my" being the important key to
Andretta Schellinger
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I have added a much more comprehensive review at www.littlereadridinghood.com but I wanted to add one on here as well.

I LOVED this book, with capital letters. There are a couple of things that I really like and should be addressed here. 1) the historical accuracy of 19th century London and is really refreshing. I really liked the depth that Robyn went with this book. 2) the background for magicians, and not the David Copperfield magicians, but the real ones. oh and really importantly 3) There i
Bekki
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/5
I am very glad that I decide to pick up this book. It was a great read. The length was perfect for what it was and I felt content at the end, though I wouldn't object to reading more about the characters, world, and stories happening there. I only wish for one thing to change about this book; there is a note on the back of the book that reveals the answer to the mystery. I was halfway through the investigation when I looked onto the back of the book and there it was staring me in the face.
Patricia Bachar
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Emily

I enjoyed this book and really like this author's style of writing. Emily is a strong capable woman whose magical gifts are not appreciated. It was great to see how she strove to prove herself while surrounded by unbelievers.The story held my interest and I will look for more books by Robyn Bachar.
Beverly
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
My thoughts:
This was my first Robyn Bachar read. I loved the story. The characters are fantastic! Creative and interesting, I enjoyed the book very much. My only wish is that I would have read book one first.
Iyanna
Oct 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
I thought this book was boring and even
Very uneventful, there was no surprise no mystery easy read this is a book for kids
Carrie
Jan 09, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2022
I am going to add a disclaimer that historical fiction is not my genre of choice. Something about the extra skirting and manners just irks me. That being said, I added this book to my queue because I really enjoyed the other series related to the two stars here and was hoping for the same feelings.

This set of 2 stories is really different, so be prepared. Emily is a sheltered sort of woman, as is expected from her time period. She is, however, wasting her seer abilities playing matchmaker for ma
Booklover73 Gonzalez
Jenny
Jun 29, 2013
Lesley
Jun 22, 2013
Robyn Bachar writes romance with swords, sorcery, spaceships and submersibles. Bachar's novels feature action and adventure, danger and suspense, found families and happily ever afters. Her books have finaled twice in the PRISM Contest for Published Authors, twice in the Passionate Plume Contest, and twice in the EPIC eBook Awards. ...more

Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles (2 books)
  • The Importance of Being Emily (Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles #0.5)

News & Interviews

This is a fun one: For the collection below, we decided to take a long-arc overview and try to identify the most popular books published over...