Start by marking “The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence (Zodiac Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence (Zodiac Legacy, #1)

The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence

(Zodiac Legacy #1)

When twelve magical superpowers are unleashed on the world, a Chinese-America teenager named Steven will be thrown into the middle of an epic global chase. He'll have to master strange powers, outrun super-powered mercenaries, and unlock the mysterious powers of the Zodiac.
Published January 27th 2015 by Disney Press

To ask other readers questions about The Zodiac Legacy, please sign up.
Danna yes liam meets his match with malik aka ox…moreyes liam meets his match with malik aka ox (less)
Leeann There are 2 on Quizlet.com. I do not know how good they are, I didn't open them, but you could check them out.

Start your review of The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence (Zodiac Legacy, #1)
Darth J
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it

I picked this up on a book binge at B&N (don't judge, you know you do it from time to time too). There was a display in the children's section (see the judgement thingy above, cuz again, you know you peruse there too) and I decided to give it a shot, partially because of the cover and description but mostly because of Stan Lee. Why? Because STAN LEE, that's why! #reasons

So, here's the premise: A villain wants to become a supervillain by tapping into the powers of the Chinese zodiac.
Angelina
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a nice start, very elaborated and it helped me know the characters as well as the backround of this story...

I was very intruiged as I really like whatever has to do with animals spirit.

The art was full of colour and it was a fine job.

The story didn't left loose ends which I really liked, but it build a cliffhanger that made me want to get my hands to the second comic

*My thanks to Papercutz and Net galley for the free e-arc*
Amber
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarybooks
Steven Lee is on a field trip with his school to Hong Kong China to learn about his heritage when the museum tour guide goes into a restricted area of the place. Steven follows her and ends up in a creepy basement and a green light known as a Qi beam hits him giving him tiger-like powers from the Chinese zodiac. Following a girl with dragon-like powers named Jasmine and a computer genius named Carlos, they go to find the rest of the zodiac-powered people and try to stop an evil man named Maxwell ...more
Alyssa
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was completely new to me until I was lucky enough to have it show up in my mailbox. I was immediately intrigued upon reading the jacket cover, and the promise of a plot based off the twelve Chinese Zodiac signs wasn’t a bad sell either!

Although it is marketed as Middle Grade, I think this series has crossover appeal and can interest a much wider audience. This is especially true for me because I tend to be picky with my MG reads as I prefer Young Adult, but THE ZODIAC LEGACY really
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws

Steven, as a Chinese American kid in America, has always felt like a misfit. Now on a trip to China, he feels even more so, especially when his friends assume that being of Chinese decent, he can read everything in Chinese. He also has some parental issues, who always seem to be busy with their work and have no tie for him. On a class trip to a museum, Steven accidentally gets embroiled is Maxwell’s plan to take over the world with all the zodiac powers.
Magical Reading Nook of Ahtohallan
This was for sure a very interesting read. However, a few acts in this story were weak -- poorly executed. The villain was believable and I actually enjoyed his maniacal behavior a hell of a lot more than I have some people. If you are a fan of Stan Lee and marvel I highly recommend this series. Mainly, it's light, easy fiction with sparkle and sass tossed into every turn.
Alexa Hamilton
Jan 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: tween
Too much action, not enough character development. It reads like a really long, underdeveloped origin story. Plus, it seems odd that each character from different countries magically speaks English--with no discussion of how that could even be possible. This felt to me like something that could have been a fun story but was not thought through nearly enough...and yet still managed to clock in at 500 pages.
Neil (or bleed)
Somehow, I don't like the pacing of this book.
Kim
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Stan Lee is the notable creator of comic book heroes such as Spiderman and the X-Men. He's joined here by Stuart Moore, a comic book editor and writer, to create a new group of action heroes based on the animals of the Chinese zodiac. (The print book also contains occasional art work by Andie Tong, but it's more of a novel with illustrations than it is a graphic novel.)

Chinese-American teen Stephen Lee is on a school trip to China. When at a museum he hears screaming from behind a locked door.
Ms. Yingling
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it
E ARC from Netgalley.com

Steven Lee is on a class trip to China, feeling awkward yet again. His parents are always working, and he never feels quite American enough... and now doesn't feel Chinese enough. This changes when he seems the tour guide disappear and hears a scream. He follows it and gets sucked into a world of zodiac powers-- he gets hit by a beam and acquires the powers of the tiger. The evil Maxwell wants all of the power for himself and is angry at the tour guide, Jasmine, for
Natalie
I haven't picked this up in weeks and decided I didn't even care about how it ended. I really wanted to like this but at page 282 I just have to give up. It's just...boring. I didn't like it. I didn't feel connected to any of the characters. The bad guy felt stereotypical evil and I couldn't take him seriously.

A student recommended this book to me and I'm glad they like it, but I won't be reading this series anymore.
Kathy Broyles
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the idea of this book. The idea of using the Chinese Zodiac to make 12 new super heroes or villains as the case may be. I also like it that they consider the Dragon as the strongest because I was born in the year of the Dragon.
Adam
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was a great book. It is a mix of fantasy and some Japanese culture. I would recommend for people who like fantasy and really well written books.
Claire Hutton
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This book started off slow then started to speed up. There was a lot of action(which I really like). The Zodiac was a science fiction book. I usually don't read science fiction but I did this time. The end of this book wasn't that great. It was almost a little hard to follow. I would recommend this book to 5th graders.
Trisha
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zodiac by the renown Stan Lee, along with Stuart Moore, and illustrated by Andie Tong, is a really good book! This book packs action from the start to the very end and there it promises more as the series is advertised as a trilogy, and thank goodness, because you will be yelling for more, just as I am. I can't wait to find out what happens to Steven, Jasmine, Carlos, Roxanne, Liam, Duane, and Kim, not to mention Maxwell and his goons. But I am ahead of myself, let me start a bit earlier in the ...more
Shay
First thoughts:
I feel I should explain my reasons for reading this...it's simple actually, I read it because Stan Lee. And if you don't know who he is then what are you doing here!?! Joking. He's basically the creator of Marvel Comics...and he wrote a middle-grade book!? Of course, I had to read it!

My synopsis: This book follows Steven Lee(haha) who, while on a school trip to Hong Kong, stumbles upon something he shouldn't aka Maxwell who is in the middle of releasing the powers of the Zodiac.
The Bookend Family
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Once more our minds have been blown to smithereens by Stan Lee. First, he conquers the comic industry, and then he took over the movie industry. Now with the first book in his YA series, Zodiac, Stan seems to have put himself in a position to dominate the book industry. Next all he needs to do is make an award winning video game and he’ll effectively be our entertainment despot.

Zodiac itself is a pretty good book, it’s no Dracula, or Pale Fire, but it certainly is impressive for a first foray
Raymond Ruiz
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was really interesting I like how Stan Lee stuck to the Superpowers theme and had that in this book, it made it even more interesting. I love reading about Superheros/Superpowers books although most of them are long I find them all really fun and interesting to read about. I like how instead of having one superhero with a superpower, Stan Lee added more than just one. This book has the kids with superpowers which changes all the times than an Adult would usually have the superpower and ...more
AJ (the.booknerd.reads)
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
This book, while it may have been aimed at younger people, was incredible. The story was engaging and unique, and the artwork was stunning. Super excited to read the second book next year!
Christina
May 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again
I will not be finishing this trilogy, and given the exponential decline in reviews the following books have, I'm not the only one with this thought. This book’s disjointed storyline, random epiphanies, and total lack of character development fell so flat, I almost threw it on the DNF pile. I only trudged on as each time I nearly stopped, the story threw out a tantalizing bit about Steven discovering his Asian American heritage. It left me disappointed.

The book writes like an action film, without
Dave Weiss
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My son teaches reading and he picked this YA book up for his classroom library. Knowing I'm something of a comic fan, he allowed me to read it. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's an action packed superhero story, but what else would you expect from Stan Lee. Lee and coauthor Stuart Moore have succeeded in penning a different take on a superhero story. The heroes of our story are unwittingly imbued with the powers of the animals of the Chinese zodiac, but there is so much more to the ...more
Alec Hernandez
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book is about this kid named steven was at a museum in Japan he finds this underground thing under the museum and sees this wierd dude with the guide in the shadows he gets struck with a light and pases out next day he wakes up and is able do move quickly and an energy around him would be in the shape of a tiger and then he passed out again so once he woke up again and the guide was standing there with someone on a technical devise she said hi to me and and said that its ok if i call my ...more
Thomas
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
The Brothers Karamazov. Gravity's Rainbow. The Stones of Summer. Look Homeward, Angel.

Dusty, yellow-paged… each of these bulky tomes are staring at me waiting for me to pick them back up and finish them. But instead I opt to sneak into my kids’ room to borrow a beefy Stan Lee book they purchased at their school’s book fair but then weren’t interested to actually read. (I hope my old English Lit professors can understand my first love was comic books and Stan Lee/Marvel was the best of the
Nicole Dust
I’m not sure if I should rate this book 2 or 3 stars.

On the one hand, I don’t hate this book. There was nothing in it that I especially disliked.

But on the other hand, it just felt so bland to me. I felt like action sequences were thrown in just to make it “interesting.”

The characters were fairly interesting, but I wished that there would have been more character development. Especially with Carlos - he was my favorite character, hands down. (And also - he’s basically Cisco, and nothing you say
Dylan
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Overall, The Zodiac Legacy surpassed my expectations thoroughly. The book represents the 12 animals that highlight the chinese zodiacs. (1 animal represented for each month) The animals highlight your personality from you were born from a period of time. In this book it features A man named Steven who went through a museum expedition and got caught up in a restricted area. He miraculously got caught up into a mission to defeat a man named Maxwell in battle when one zodiac pool's energy pushed ...more
Hannah Belyea
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Steven knew following the shifty museum guide into the lower levels was a bad idea - and when it throws him and other kids around the world into a battle for the powers of the ancient Zodiac, it'll take more than luck for this tiger to come out alive! Lee begins an entertaining trilogy filled to the brim with action and suspense that will hold young readers captive. If Steven is the tiger, what sort of signs are his new friends going to be?
Adrienne Barrett
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was good. I really like the character development and the character development of the bad guys. I understand that I am left with a lot of questions because not everything was answered, but I believe this book is part of a trilogy. So they had to save some stuff for later. The idea behind the story is very interesting, but I wish that more historical context included. Some of the characters are less filled out and leave me wanting more.
Benjamin
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a fan of comic books, but this was not a comic book.
I'm a fan of Sci-Fi novels, but this was not a novel.
Adventure, fantasy and all of these are my favorite genres, but this book tried too hard to be a novel when it really is a comic book and when both were smashed together, you just get a poor book.
Quincy Bonville
It is a good book about a chinese-american teenager that gets powers based on the Zodiac signs. The theme of this book is that you don't always know how to use newlyfound power. This is showed by Steven (the protagonist) has trouble concealing his powers.
Adam
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a pretty typical Stan Lee type of story. A kid who isn't expecting it winds up with powers and has to save the world. He finds friends, they fight evil. It's entertaining enough and I will read more in the series, but I wouldn't rush out and buy it if you haven't read it.

• The Zodiac Legacy (Zodiac, #1)
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • The Nameless Hero (Joshua Dread #2)
  • The Zodiac Legacy: The Age of Bronze (Zodiac, #3)
  • Pride: Celebrating Diversity & Community
  • Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)
  • The Kane Chronicles Survival Guide
  • The End of Olympus (Pegasus #6)
  • The Last Kids on Earth and the Midnight Blade
  • The Dominion Key (Joshua Dread #3)
  • Joshua Dread (Joshua Dread #1)
  • Dara Palmer's Major Drama
  • The Dragonfly Effect (The Hypnotists, #3)
  • The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1)
  • Warrior Genius (Geniuses #2)
  • Pegasus and the Rise of the Titans (Pegasus #5)
  • They Call Me Güero: A Border Kid's Poems
  • This Is Our Constitution: Discover America with a Gold Star Father
Stan Lee (born Stanley Martin Lieber) was an American writer, editor, creator of comic book superheroes, and the former president and chairman of Marvel Comics.

With several artist co-creators, most notably Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, he co-created Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Daredevil, the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and many other characters, introducing

Zodiac Legacy (3 books)
  • The Zodiac Legacy: The Dragon's Return (Zodiac Legacy, #2)
  • The Zodiac Legacy: Balance of Power (Zodiac Legacy, #3)