Start by marking “Broken Juliet (Starcrossed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Broken Juliet (Starcrossed, #2)

Broken Juliet

(Starcrossed #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  11,735 ratings  ·  1,539 reviews
How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?

For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to
Published April 28th 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin

·  11,735 ratings  ·  1,539 reviews

Start your review of Broken Juliet (Starcrossed, #2)
Aestas Book Blog

SQUEE!!!! This was the perfect conclusion to the story that began in Bad Romeo, which is one of my top favorites. I totally devoured this book in one sitting and LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!! Just pure awesome!

If you're a fan of intensely passionate love stories -- I'm talking the kind of love that doesn't let go even after years apart and the deepest hurt, where you just know in your heart that these two people are meant for each other, then you have to read this series!! Plus Ethan Holt is this
Candace
Every once in a while I crave an angsty, emotionally charged read. I knew that reconnecting with Cassie and Ethan, after the way things were left between the two, would definitely pull at my heartstrings. Without a doubt, this book delivered on all of those points.

Cassie and Ethan are all grown up now, but still being held back by their pasts. Neither one of them ever recovered fully from their devastating break-up. They haven't really moved on or moved past their high school romance.

When Ethan
Christy
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-audios
5 stars!!!

photo 19D35DA1-78DE-46A0-A207-B2FE47CDA1A8_zpsfm4ftwft.jpg

This series has been a huge win for me… HUGE! I know it’s one that has mixed reviews and ratings. I have friends that don’t love it and other friends that adore it and I’m so happy I fell in the later category. Ethan Holt… I thought he was amazing in Bad Romeo, but I really hadn’t seen anything yet. Full of love, second chances, intensity, angst and passion… It was perfection for this reader!

One reason I love this series so much is that above all the angst and stress, it is full of
Catarina
4 Broken Stars.

description

In this second book, Ethan opened up and face the consequences of his previous actions. He’s decided to do whatever it takes, as long as Cassie forgives him and takes him back.
Cassie has her heart broken, not one, but twice by Ethan. Now he’s asking for one final chance and he’s relentless in having it. Will Cassie finally put her fears aside and forgive him?

description

Let me be very honest: The ONLY reason I’m giving this book four stars it’s because of the end. I simply loved the last
Pearl Angeli
"Despite all the things I would have changed about our journey, I’d never want a different destination. It’s always been you."

My love for this book cannot be described in words! Broken Juliet is an excellent continuation of Bad Romeo and a perfect conclusion for Ethan and Cassie's love story.

After their devastating relationship mistakes in the past, Cassie makes the greatest decision of a lifetime-- to either accept Ethan back or deny their chance of forever.

I just can't get enough of this
Brandi
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angst

3.75-4 Stars

description

Ethan. Cassie. You two really tested my patience.

description

The first 30% of this book was frustrating as hell. Back and forth. I felt like I was stuck in the spin cycle. Everything started to feel little redundant, it was like reading the same thing over and over.

description

But, it did get better. The past and present are blended together in a way to fully tell their story, and for the most part it's done perfectly. Broken Juliet picks up where Bad Romeo left off. Ethan trying to convince Cassie
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
3.75 ~ 4 Stars

”This man represents so many things to me. He was my first true friend. My first love. First lover. The master of more pleasure than I knew existed, and the architect of more heartache than I thought I could endure.”

[image error]

Bad Juliet starts off exactly where Bad Romeo left us and I was more than excited to jump in and see if Ethan Holt could win a third chance with Cassie Taylor.

”He’s saying everything I needed him to say years ago.”

”In the past, I thought I could be
Beverly
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Broken Juliet begins where Bad Romeo leaves off, which is pretty perfect because I can’t imagine not knowing every moment between Cassie and Ethan.

I actually loved Broken Juliet so much more than Bad Romeo and I loved it, too. Ethan has broke Cassie’s heart twice and is back again, wanting another chance. It seems the roles have reversed. Ethan is vulnerable now and willing to do anything to prove he is serious about Cassie. Now Cassie is harder, more suspicious and less trusting.

I love that
Lucia
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars-read
"You can love something without being passionate about it. Conversely, you can be passionate about things you don't love. It's when the two converge that real magic happens."

Ethan Holt used to be a train wreck in drama school. An avalanche that emotionally destroyed Cassie and left her completely heartbroken. Now 3 years later, Ethan is back, claiming he is finally ready for a commitment. But even though connection like Cassie and Ethan have doesn't come along more than a once in a life time,
Geri Reads
3.5 Broken stars!

It's no secret that I had been less than impressed with Bad Romeo, so I went into this book with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Broken Juliet starts off where Bad Romeo left off with Cassie on a cusp of deciding whether to give Ethan another chance or not. This was the third time that she was going to be giving Ethan, so I understood why she was hesitant. Although, it's quite clear that she was still very much in love with Ethan, she also doesn't trust him.

Like Bad Romeo, we get
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
I was right there with Cassie in taking my time to believe Ethan had changed. Their experiences in the past really shaped who she became. Some of it positive, some of it not. I liked Cassie even when she was not at her best. Ethan does eventually win me over and let me tell you the change in him is staggering. I was impressed by his patience and at that point he really needed it with Cassie: nothing that he didn't bring upon himself by having hurt her and nothing overtly cruel, thank goodness. ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

photo badromeo.png

Note: This is the follow up book to Bad Romeo.

Continuing where the first book left off, we get to see the end of Cassie and Ethan's relationship in the past and the continuation of it in the present. Ethan has sorted through all of his past issues and is hoping Cassie will confront her current ones.

I loved that we finally got to see the big reason behind the past breakup and it was easier to understand why Cassie has so many reservations about getting involved with Ethan again. He
Ramona
This is the second installment of the series in which I had mixed feeling.. I wasn’t sure second chances could be given considering the amount of heartache that one has to endure, but I was wrong. As cliche as this might sound, love can forgive all, and conquer all.

Bad Romeo ended in cliffhanger, and we got a glimpse of a broken Cassie, left after finally fulfilling her wish of becoming Ethan's lover.
As I said before, I consider Ethan one of the most complex and complicated hero that I've read
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Bad Romeo was a 5 star read for me. I loved the dynamic of Ethan and Cassie and was happy to read a second book about this couple. Unfortunately the conclusion of their story did not reach the same level of enjoyment for me and I feel that, for my reading tastes, Bad Romeo with the addition of an epilogue would have worked better as a standalone.

The story is once again told in the first person narrative from the sole perspective of the heroine and toggles back and forth between the past and
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
3.5 You-make-me-feel-Vulnerable stars

"Do you think it's possible that soul mates who love each other aren't actually supposed to be together ?"
He pauses and then puts the book down."I think a better question would be:do you think its possible ?

Well,just as most of you would have guessed Book 2 picks off right where Book one ends.

In Bad Romeo...its just the beginning.We meet the characters,they recite their stories and we as readers get involved in the plot line while trying to unravel their
~♡AB♡~
DNF @30%

I just can't. Same as book one so far, past Ethan is constantly pulling away from Cassie whilst she desperately pursues him. Present Cassie pulling away from Ethan who is telling her he loves her and wants her back.

Not for me, unfortunately.

ARC gratefully received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Hulya Kara Yuksel

OH.MY.GOD. Ethan Holt. I’m sooo -deeply, irrevocably, madly- in love with you! I loved “Bad Romeo” but this book is even better than the 1st one. It was perfect because Ethan was perfectly imperfect! :)

This series became one of my favorites now. You must read them asap! You’re missing too much. Trust me. How can you live your life without you meet Ethan Holt huh? Give
Pang
"You can love somthing without being passionate about it. Conversely, you can be passionate about things you don't love. It's when the two converge that real magic happens."

Loved it! Awesome second year as second book. Theses actings oh GOSHHHHH how can Erika do this??????????(view spoiler)
Dilek VT
Here is what I think and feel about BAD ROMEO & BROKEN JULIET, the 2 books in Star-crossed series...

What I liked about it:

1. There is a bit of everything in it: Love, passion, lust, angst, humor, tragedy, regret, denial, hope, survival etc...

2. The characters are well-developed.

3. Their love feels real, all the feelings pass to the reader like real.

4. The writing is good. Chapters of past and present follow one another in a complementary way. While the past gives us insight about how Ethan
NiCoLeTa E.
I really don't know why but from the beginning i wasn't thrill with this story...

But i have to admit that the second book was much better from the first...

As the pages were passing i start to feel more relaxed, until the moment that Cassie started to irritate me for once again...

I'm sorry, but i can't find a connection with this woman...
I know that Ethan hurt her not once but twice and that left her broken but still i'm not fan of her...

Ethan from the other hand??? I loved that guy!!!
Yeah he
Liz
5 Break me apart and put me back together Stars

“Loving you,” he says, “is the stupidest, most selfish thing I’ve ever done, but I can’t stop. God knows, I’ve tried.”-Ethan

description

Broken Juliet is the second and final book in the Starcrossed series. This series isn't for everyone. The relationship between Ethan and Cassie is toxic, passionate, happy, sad, broken, and beautiful. The journey is full of regrets, mistakes, and miscommunications. Their story held me captive until the very last page.

At the
AJ

OMG, what an epic romance!!!!

The follow on from the incredible Bad Romeo, this book was my most anticipated release for this year. I have been desperate for it ever since Bad Romeo left me hanging with that nasty cliffhanger, and dying for more. But I have also been really nervous about it. It’s not often that the follow up to a book that blew you away meets up to your
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

I didn’t think I could love this one as much as I loved Bad Romeo, but Leisa Rayven proved me wrong.

The story picks up where Bad Romeo left off, and switches from past to present, where we get to see more of the past rocky relationship of Cassie and Ethan, and how they are now trying to fix what once was.

description

In the present, we see Ethan doing all he can to show Cassie he isn’t the insecure, reckless, heartbreaking jerk version of his past self, and in an interesting turn of events, we see Cassie
Vilma Iris
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heart wrenching, addictive, tumultuous finale that packs all the feels.

Leisa Rayven delivers a gut-wrenching finale to this angst-ridden tale of two star-crossed lovers. I had anxiously awaited this book, feeling the vigorous, impassioned push and pull between our two protagonists, Cassie and Ethan. I was addicted. Obsessed. I needed to see how the curtain would fall on their story. Whereas Bad Romeo was all about the angst between them, Broken Juliet was all about the emotions that raged
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

5 Star-crossed Loving Stars
Arc received in exchange for an honest review

Finally, the encore…

The saga of Cassie and Ethan’s star-cross romance continues and WOW, I could not wait to jump into this sequel. At the end of “Bad Romeo”, I was left with so many unanswered questions… and my nerves were wracked with worry.

What was the real reason Ethan crushed Cassie?
What would become of this broken couple?
Will Cassie’s desire for Ethan overcome her fears?
Is Ethan strong enough to convince
Mariℓina
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I'm so happy at this moment! I'm terribly and irrevocably romantic at heart and this story touched every little sappy chord i carry. I know many found it slow but i just savored all the built up to such high extend, i ended up delirious.

This story has a certain quality in it that frankly i can't really put my finger on. It enthralls me still even if this installment was somewhat more timid than the first one. Maybe it's the writing, maybe it's the plot or the characters, i don't know for sure.
Lisa
Wow.

Full Review to come.

I might be a teeny tiny bit obsessed with this series...

But OMG...Ethan Holt...you just don't even know...

April 28th needs to be like...tomorrow. Please.

Tahsin
3.5 "Starcrossed" stars

Since I read both books in this series together, the cliffy didn't bother me at all. I literally finished reading one and started on the next. The wait everyone else had to endure, I didn't. I should also add that I didn't like this one as much as I did the previous one. I could look deep within myself for the answer, but nah, fuck that. (view spoiler)

This basically sums up my reaction to Ethan through the entire book.

And
Brenna
Oh, how I was DYING to get my hands on this book! I don’t think I’ve ever been so desperate for a sequel in my life. With so much anticipation though, came lots of nerves that the book might not live up to my crazy high expectations. Thankfully, I was not disappointed.

Broken Juliet really feels like a complete continuation of Bad Romeo and not a separate story at all. The cliffhanger left us at such a big moment, still in complete motion and since Broken Juliet picks up from that exact minute it
Broken Juliet is the second installment in Leisa Rayven's new-adult romance series titled Starcrossed. While the first book Bad Romeo gave the new adult genre a reprieve from the typical unnecessary relationship drama, Broken Juliet makes up for it. I never quite found my eye-roll though and I think that's because the characters remain fairly complex which I appreciated. I also enjoyed the continuation of the acting lessons with the focus on embracing one's vulnerability. As in Bad Romeo, this ...more

• Punk 57
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • Sahte Romeo
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • The Chase (Briar U, #1)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • The Goal (Off-Campus, #4)
  • Blurred Lines
  • Lick (Stage Dive, #1)
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters, #1; Addicted, #2.1)
  • Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • Idol (VIP, #1)
Author of swoony, sexy, slow-burn romances. Fluent in sarcasm. Professional snuggler. Guacamole addict.

Want exclusive content straight to your inbox? Sign up for Rayvenews - the official Leisa Rayven newsletter, sent once a month.
Sign up here -> http://bit.ly/RAYVENEWS

Starcrossed (3 books)
  • Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Wicked Heart (Starcrossed, #3)
“Everyone wears metaphorical masks during their lives. We all have different faces we show to work colleagues, or friends, or family. Sometimes we wear so many masks, we forget who we are underneath it all, but you have to find the courage to drop all the bullshit and revel your true self.” 50 likes
“Despite all the things I would have changed about our journey, I’d never want a different destination. It’s always been you.” 40 likes