Start by marking “Sachael Dreams (Mine, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sachael Dreams (Mine, #1)

Sachael Dreams

(The Mine #1)

Twenty-two-year-old Estelle Bailey has had enough of busy city-life and her hot-tempered ex. She escapes to the seclusion and peace of her family’s clifftop home in Ravenscar, where the soothing solitude whispers to her soul as strongly as the sea itself does. But her newfound contentment is interrupted when a mysterious man—a Sachael, master of seduction—joins her midnigh ...more
Published February 24th 2015 by REUTS Publications (first published February 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Sachael Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sachael Dreams

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

description

I agree with a lot of the reviewers when they say that the pace is slow. The author goes into detail to describe the waves in the ocean, the colors in the sky, and the many thoughts going through Estelle. But even though the pace isn't fast, it's perfect for this story.

Estelle is a special girl. She just doesn't know it. Her father died when she was young, and her mother is at a care home. The only time she feels safe and whole is when she is near the ocean. On one special da
Alythia Brown
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I want to say that I’ve never actually read an entire prologue until now. Oh, I’ve tried. But they always seem like convoluted openings to a different opening and the dots don’t always line up. Eventually, I just skip straight to chapter one.

But the prologue for SACHAEL DREAMS actually made sense (huzzah!). Not only that, it made me more intrigued by the characters introduced later on. We know these sachael men impregnate human women and then make off with their babies. The savior
Annika

Ooohh, you naughty, naughty cliffhanger! You really got me good there.

This book was so, so good! I liked pretty much everything about it. The characters, the plot, the mythology. The love story. I adored the setting in a secluded cliff-top house in Northern England. The writing was no less than lovely and created this mystical, almost fairytale-like mood. The pacing was rather slow, which matched the atmosphere perfectly, though.
As the cliff-top breeze picked up, rustling the fully lea
C.C. Dowling
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bravo Melody Winter. Well done.

I flew through the second half of the book, unable to put it down until I finished. I want the second one to be out already!

If you love romance and a character with flaws and strengths trying to figure out life and wounds and love, then this book is a must read! Oh yeah, and hot ocean guys.

Even at the end, I found myself questioning what was real and what wasn't. And characters you want to hate, you don't. I want to know more, and find out what's really true and wh
Ash
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
How I felt when I discovered Sachael Dreams, a NA novel featuring alluring angels of the oceans, masters of seduction:

description

I WANTED it. I've been DYING for a fresh underwater tale, one with better world building, better character development, better...just better than the watered down tales I've read lately. This book delivered on so many levels.

Sachael Dreams begins with a prologue featuring Lilith, a girl who is used, emotionally scarred, and abandoned by a Sachael. This scene alone evoked so many
Barb
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The first chapter of Sachael Dreams threw me into a world of mystery & heartache. These were only two of the many emotions I felt while reading. I was on a rollercoaster ride throughout the whole book – there was romance, action, love and hate. The love Estelle and Azariah share is one we all wish for at least once in our lives, just like Azariah did. He will do anything for his soul mate, Estelle, but don’t let his gentle way fool you. He is a fierce warrior when he needs to be. I also love ...more
Nicole Tone
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I have always felt a connection to the water. Being by water, whether it be Lake Erie or the Puget Sound, always makes me feel calm, and refocused. So when I first heard about SACHAEL DREAMS by Melody Winter, I knew that I had to read it.

While I have never been a fan of prologues, I felt the use of one in SACHAEL DREAMS was executed expertly. Already I had questions that I needed answers to. But, it was really the opening lines of the first chapter that really sucked me in: “The sea whispered m
Alexandra
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, favorites
I recieved and eARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review!

Sachael Dreams is a story about...mermaids. Well, mermen to be precise :)
Estelle lives on Ravenscar an almost isolate place, save for the small village and the center where her mother lives, after the death of Estelle's father. When one night, under the full moon, she meets a mysterious man, who is much more than she believes, then an adventure begins.

I have read many books about mermaids. Some were good other seemed a littl
Summer
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-faves
As one of Melody's critique partners, I've had an amazing opportunity to have eyes on Sachael Dreams since its early stages. This gorgeous story stems from mythological origins, but features completely new and fantastical creatures. Melody has fully developed an extensive cast and unique storyline, full of underwater adventures and intrigue. And what would any good story be without a little romance? Sachael Dreams pulls at your heart strings and will take your breath away (in more ways than one) ...more
Heather Van Fleet
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book!! Full review to come...
Kathleen
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
We begin with a prologue. Lilith. Some people don’t like prologues, but this one was perfect. Her story stays with us after we move on… to Estelle. What happened to Lilith… will it happen to Estelle?
That kept me reading, the mystery, the questions.
For it starts with a shell. And continues with a voice, one that haunts her dreams. Azariah. But who is this stranger? Can we trust him?
Azariah, a sachael, a creature from the sea, seems very nice. A little too nice for me, but Estelle begins to fall
Tammy Farrell
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Whoa. This book is dark, mysterious, and full of emotion! I purchased Sachael Dreams when it first came out, but as life got in the way it sat on my Kindle for a while. Big mistake! I should have read it immediately because once I started that heart-wrenching prologue I was sucked in. The mythology in this story is certainly fresh and unique. I love when a familiar “creature” is reinvented, and that’s exactly what Ms. Winters has done with her mer-man Sachaels. Instead of the inquisitive, helpfu ...more
Rae
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review first appeared on my blog: What Happened to the Wallflower?

Narrative-This book is told from the first-person POV of the lovely Estelle (with the exception of the prologue, which is told in the third-person POV of an unnamed woman).

Quick side note: I've read this on other reviews, too, and I agree that normally prologues aren't needed. I went into it fully expecting it to be kind of a useless one, but after reading it and reading the rest of the book, it actually kind of works? It's w
Lissyiszy
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
MINOR SPOILERS

I love the water so I'm always on the look out for a good "water-creature"-related read. I had always been drawn in to the idea of merpeople but I had never read something like what Ms. Winter's had written. I loved the idea of Sachaels. I did not know of them until I read this book. I like how the author took the idea of Sachaels and made it her own. Vicious when needed but mesmerizing. Just so you know, Sachaels are not synonymous with merpeople in this book.

I liked the character
Candice
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, arcs-and-earcs
See post on : tumblr/wordpress

I am already in love with Melody Winter’s NA romance/fantasy series, and this is only the first book! Sacahel Dreams was an absolute joy to read.

I normally don’t read prologues, but I was hooked! (Fishing pun-intended.) Melody Winter executed the prologue like a champ; kudos to her! The way she used the prologue to later include more information was a brilliant thing to do.

So, from the prologue, we know that the Sachael men just use women to have their children. We
Dianne
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Opening with a brief and enthralling tale of love and the brutal heartbreak of loss and betrayal, we meet young Lilith, who fades into our memories like something from long ago.

Enter the contemporary Estelle, seeking peace in her life and freedom from a crazed ex-boyfriend by escaping to the seaside, to a family home that brings her closer to the memory of her father and a life that feels soothing and calming. There is more to the water than the gentle ebbing and flowing of the waves, more than
Kate Swed
Shelves: romance, fantasy-sf
Note: I received an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Sachael Dreams is a sweet love story that takes place in a wild section of the coast of England. The setting is one of the book's major strengths; Melody Winter does a great job of making Ravenscar and its bay into characters in their own right. Her descriptions of the bay, and the various characters' feelings about the sea, are captivating.

The prologue does a nice job of providing a bullet to push the reader through the in
Sizzling Hot Books
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In all honesty, the genre of fantasy is not my thing. But of course you throw in the premise of the sea and all things creatures in them and I can’t deny my interest. Sachael Dreams sports this theme, and I knew from the second I first heard of it, I’d fall wholeheartedly in love. And oh, man was I right.

The story starts with the lonely Estelle. A young girl with not much of a future, but lots to hope for. Her father is gone, her mother is in an institution, as well. Now she’s alone, staying in
Katie Hamstead
4.5-5 stars.
I read the first chapter for this a while ago during a competition, and desperately wanted to read the rest ever since. So, when it published and the chance to read it was offered to me, I snatched it up!
Estelle is our narrator, a quiet, fairly reclusive girl, especially after fleeing from an abusive relationship. She has returned home to perform her monthly ritual she promised her father she would keep, when she finds a rare shell. A shell that shouldn't be anywhere near her beach.
C.L. Denault
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The adventure began one cool, rainy Mother’s Day. I’d decided to be a couch potato and was relaxing on my comfy sofa, when it struck me that I should take advantage of my down time to read a book. But not just any book. I wanted something with a little mystery and a lot of steamy action. Sachael Dreams promised both, so I decided to give it a try.

I’m glad I did! This book drew me in from the very first page. I love prologues (yeah, I’m old school), and SD set the scene with a dramatic prologue t
Geneva Handleman
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome universe this author has created! I cannot wait to see what the next book brings!! The characters are so vibrant and full of life, they have wrapped me up in their world and I don't want to leave!

Estelle is a character I can truly identify with, artistic and solitary by choice, loves being near the water and is perfectly happy living alone. Her trip to the city was an episode from my own life even. The way she reacts to the men who enter her quiet lifestyle makes me want to be her friend
Jolynne Etherington
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow.
Started this a few weeks back. I took it with me while waiting for son to finish swimming. So I only read a chapter here and there.
Picked it up again over this past weekend and couldn't put it down.
I got so hooked as the events unfolded.
The connection between the characters was amazing. I was willing for everything to work it and just wanted to read and read until the end.
I can't wait till the second book comes out.
I think there is something about Lilith that hasn't come out just yet.
I would
Lorna Jones
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing amazing amazing thank you so much for sharing your book. Totally loved it from the first page to last. Now I want book 2 :)
Yu Fan
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an arc to provide an honest review.

From the moment on I read the prologue, I knew I was absolutely intrigued. I have never encountered books like these before and I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed reading this book. This book was at times surprising—but mostly predictable.

Sachael Dreams starts off with an engrossing prologue; Lilith being used, seduced, impregnated, abandoned and left with no child by a Sachael. It then follows Estelle who also encounters a Sach
Kisa Whipkey
The first thing I remember thinking about Sachael Dreams is: what a brilliant premise. Not unlike a wave crashing to shore, it landed on my desk and instantly captured my attention. The paranormal romance/romantic fantasy genres are heavily saturated with angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, and a plethora of other supernatural critters, but Winter managed to do the unexpected — she gave us a brand new creature altogether.

Estelle’s story is not a peaceful one; kidnapping, escape, fight scenes,
S.L. Dearing
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
First off, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Ms. Winter’s style is easy to read with the perfect amount of description. I could see the coastlines, Estelle Bailey’s home, Ravenscar, Robin Hood’s Bay, and the village. The characters were enjoyable and for the most part, rich and complex. I did find myself wishing Estelle was just slightly braver earlier in the story. However, she is a complex character and extremely likeable.

The romance between Estelle and the Sachael is beautifully drawn. The read
S.L. Dearing
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Ms. Winter’s style is easy to read with the perfect amount of description. I could see the coastlines, Estelle Bailey’s home, Ravenscar, Robin Hood’s Bay and the village. The characters were enjoyable and for the most part, rich and complex. I did find myself wishing Estelle was just slightly braver earlier in the story. However, she is a complex character and extremely likeable.
The romance between Estelle and the Sachael is beautifully drawn. The reade
Shay
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don’t know why, but the cover for this one really grabbed me, even if I wasn’t quite sure what the title meant. There is some darkness here that may mean that this story isn’t for everyone, but when you’re in the right headspace, Sachael Dreams is absolutely perfect! If you’re looking for a fresh take on water fantasy, this is the book I’d recommend (and will be reocmmending!).

I really enjoyed reading about Estelle, and found the mixture of fantasy and romance in her story to be both refreshin
Linda Parkinson-Hardman
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sachael Dreams is a YA, fantasy novel which has a strong grounding myths and folklore surrounding and building on the Angels of Water or Sachael. This is the first book of a series so there is no final ending, that will come later down the line. I felt the story is almost a 'coming of age' novel in which the principal character, Estelle Bailey, must come to terms with a heritage she knew nothing about. In many ways it is a classic love story - will she, won't he, who is true, who is not etc, but ...more
Edelmira
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOLY CHEESE.
This book was written so beautifully well.
This is definitely part of my 2015 favorites !
Thank you Melody for writing this beautiful book !
I couldn't stop reading it. I read it in one sitting.
I really don't want to spoil you guys.
I'm so freaking speechless.
YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO READ THIS!
Like seriously now !
The concept was so intriguing and unique. Melody Winter deserves a standing ovation of this book because it's amazing !
I'm so excited for the second book :)

5 AMAZING STA
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Better Left Buried
  • Deceptive Cadence (Cadence, #1)
  • Like Candy (Candy #1)
  • Flux
  • Link (The Shadow of Light, #1)
  • Water So Deep (Water So Deep, #1)
  • Twisted Up In You
  • Dark Hope (Archangel Prophecies #1)
  • Heartsick
  • Nirvana (Nirvana #1)
  • The Rose Master (The Rose Master, #1)
  • Dracian Legacy (Dracian, # 1)
  • Echoes of Balance (The Ways Trilogy, #1)
  • Gambit (The Prodigy Chronicles, #1)
  • From Under the Mountain (Trident Chronicles, #1)
  • Hunger
  • Quanta (The Shadow Ravens, #2)
  • The Untold Tale (The Accidental Turn, #1)
Melody grew up in North Yorkshire, England. She's a North Yorkshire lass through and through, although she does have a tendency to holiday in Spain. She has dreams of moving to the warmer climate to sip on Sangria as the sun sets over the roof tops of surrounding buildings. But, for the moment, she still lives in North Yorkshire with her husband and two young sons.

Follow Melody on twitter https://

The Mine (4 books)
  • Sachael Desires (Mine, #2)
  • Sachael Discovery (Mine, #3)
  • Sachael Destiny (Mine, #4)