Start by marking “Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9)” as Want to Read:
Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9)

Maximum Ride Forever

(Maximum Ride #9)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  9,984 ratings  ·  1,044 reviews
THE NINTH AND ULTIMATE MAXIMUM RIDE STORY IS HERE! Legions of Max fans won't be disappointed by this encore episode in the beloved series about the incredible adventures of a teenage girl who can fly. As Maximum Ride boldly navigates a post-apocalyptic world, she and her broken flock are roaming the earth, searching for answers to what happened. All will be revealed in ...more
Published May 18th 2015 by jimmy patterson (first published January 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Ride Forever, please sign up.
Elias I was sure that this thing would finally end, considering that the previous book was called Nevermore. But no, James Patterson wants to keep the…moreI was sure that this thing would finally end, considering that the previous book was called Nevermore. But no, James Patterson wants to keep the Maximum Ride series alive until he gets all of our money.(less)
Darrian I couldn't be more excited and yet at the same time more pissed about this book! I didn't really like the turn the series took around the 5th book Max…moreI couldn't be more excited and yet at the same time more pissed about this book! I didn't really like the turn the series took around the 5th book Max but I still loved the series but I felt like Nevermore wasn't really a satisfying conclusion and was pissed at that but I feel like Patterson kind of screws with his readers with this whole "last book oh wait just kidding" stuff he does. Regardless I will be buying this book the day it comes out and read it IMMEDIATELY. I am just hoping that this is finally the end. I hope he saves the series and redeems himself.(less)

·  9,984 ratings  ·  1,044 reviews

Start your review of Maximum Ride Forever (Maximum Ride, #9)
Jack
Jul 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
APPARENTLY THIS IS THE NINTH MAXIMUM RIDE

*PUNCHES THE WALL AND SCREAMS*

im still going to read it
Ellie
Aug 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO00000000OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

"Legions of Max fans won't be disappointed by this encore episode..."
Booknut
For the love of all that is good in the world, please let this be a belated April Fools prank.
no gif photo: no fe7da528.gif

When Book #8 made its hellish appearance onto bookstore shelves, I was like, "Ok. This sucks. But hey - he named it Nevermore. Maybe this means he's finally realized that he should never make more books in this series after this one."

But no. James Patterson has decided to milk the money cow and make another book. With an even stupider title than its predecessor.

Maximum Ride Forever.

Ah, no thanks. How
Natasha
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First of all: I try. I try to understand that Nevermore is full of plot holes. I try to understand that The Final Warning is way off topic. Yet somehow, the only book in the series that I dislike is Angel, and that's because there's so much DYLAN.

So when I find out about this book, my train of thought is something like this:
I've got to be imagining this... right?
shock

Okay, I've taken some deep breaths and checked multiple sources... and I'm actually not imagining it!
wow

But wait... wasn't Nevermore the
Angelina
Dec 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
JAMES PATTERSON, Come ON.

This is the last time, I swear, this is one time too many now. You said that Nevermore was the LAST BOOK and yOU ENDED IT WITH THE WORLD ENDING.

With the amount of times you wrenched Ari from his grave, the endless jerking around of Max and Fang, the constant mystery and secrecy about the Voice, I would’ve thought that Nevermore was enough for you. You could finally put a close to the series after trying to end it no less than twice. But no, you drug Maximum Ride out of
Katie

NO MORE JAMES PATTERSON.

NO MORE.

IT'S OVER.

PLEASE.

I can't handle another one.

You said that Nevermore was the last. Just like the Fire was the last Witch/Wizard book. and we all know how that turned out

It's not okay. Honestly, when you are DONE with a series, you are DONE. If you wanna write a spin-off of Maximum Ride, I can tolerate that. But seriously, there were so many disasters after The Final Warning it wasn't even funny.
Will M.
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aside from the Harry Potter series, Maximum Ride was the series that I grew up with. Alongside HP, both helped me become addicted to reading. Without the two series, I don't think I'll be a reader. I have to thank Rowling and Patterson for making my reading experience as a child wonderful. I do hope though that this is really the final book of the series. Don't stretch it out further, Patterson. You finally gave the series proper closure, don't ruin that.

After the awful eight book, Nevermore,
Sabrina
Aug 08, 2014 marked it as won-t-read
disgust gif photo: Disgust Disgust.gif

Some things are better left alone, this is one of those things. After the last Maximum ride book, who was like
"You know what? Let's continue this!"
Stop.
Kyle
Aug 05, 2014 marked it as to-read
WHY?! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?! AFTER THE ABSOLUTELY UNFORGIVABLE MESS OF AN 8TH BOOK, HE THINKS HE CAN DRAG THIS SERIES THROUGH THE MUD FURTHER

For those of you who complain about Cassandra Clare milking that cash cow to the bank, she has nothing on Mr. Patterson. (I'm not a fan of her either, but at least she writes her own books).
Xanith Hart
May 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Not to the target age group
Shelves: owned, 2015-books
Sorry not sorry, but I'm not okay with the book at all. JP seems to think for some reason that what he did was okay and it wasn't. Max was strong, independent and time after time she proved that she didn't need someone to save her. As an 11 year old starting this series I really looked up to her. She was the first book heroin that ever stood at to me as special. She reflected the type of strong I wanted to be. Around book six it had really begun to fade, but that was not the biggest deal, ...more
Miss
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before I read this I do want to put my own opinion out there. I do not like or agree with anyone posting one star or even a five star review of a book they haven't even read. It can go either way. This could be the best book or the worst book you ever read and already you're criticizing it. I'm indifferent to a ninth book to the series. I did enjoy the eighth book and was fine with it ending the way it did. At the same time I wanna know what the end of the world looks like and who all truly ...more
Ricky

Holy shit nugget, am I seeing this right? A Max Ride swan song?

I promise you this, mis amigos - I am gonna kill to be first in line for this one!

Yes, I'm rating it five stars in advance. No way it'll be anything short of awesome. Thank you so very much, James Patterson, for presenting the world with this - because God knows, we need all the answers that were left unsolved in Nevermore.

MY REVIEW:

Yeah...this was as amazing as I could have hoped for. Not only was it wall-to-wall with apocalyptic
Jazmin
Aug 11, 2014 added it
HONESTLY EVERYONE IS BEING SO RUDE ABOUT THIS BUT IM JUST SO AMAZED ILL BE READING THIS BABY WHEN IT COMES OUT !
E
Oct 01, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: max-ride
When will this series end? The world may never know.

After reading:
Um, yikes?
Sydney
Feb 09, 2015 marked it as to-read
ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW

I AM NOT AMUSED, MR. PATTERSON. NOT. AMUSED.
Aimee ~is busy sleeping~
Jun 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-2stars
I remember how absolutely obsessed I was with this series, since middle school. They were such fun and everyone in the flock had their own funny and loveable personalities. From Toto the talking dog to troublemakers Gazzy and Izzy. And Max and Fang were my OTP. I joined a huge online forum for the book series and was on it every day.
Then after the Final Warning, the series turned into utter crap. The whole "Max is special she's gonna save the world" repeated by everyone book after book without
- ̗̀ ash  ̖́-
So lets start with... I'm glad that James Patterson wrote this book. My opinions about it does not change the fact that so many problems left with Nevermore were resolved as well as they could be in this book. But still... I just didn't like it. I only read this book because I was a loyal Maximum Ride fan, and I basically grew up with it in my childhood. Now that I'm older with more reading experience, all I can see are immense problems with this series. Maybe it's just me... but I don't know.
To
EmSpock
Honestly, I'm glad. I couldn't be more happier.
I mean, the ending to Nevermore was just not right, and I think that James Patterson is doing the right thing by adding an encore. However, if he chooses to co-write it with someone (not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that's what he's been doing lately.) the series won't be right. The originals (When the Wind Blows and The Lake House) were both written by him, and that's what inspired him to write the Maximum Ride series.
But that's just
Victoria
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
It is my deep and fervent hope that this is the actual last Maximum Ride book that will come out; even if it is not, I'm pretty certain it's the last one I'll ever read. I guess everyone is forced to have that painful experience at least once in their life where they watch as a beloved book, show, or movie series spirals into mediocrity, so I can now say that this is mine.

This is the story of Max and the Flock after the end of the world that was so abruptly, unbelievably, and unsatisfyingly
Hannah
Nov 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
SPOILERS.
This book was terrible. After the gut wrenching blow from "Nevermore" I figured it couldn't end any worse. But at least it was the ending! Finally, after trails and error I made it, and felt a wave of relief.

I'm sorry, but- you know what? Scratch that, I'm not sorry. The whole thing made me furious. It left me with millions of questions that I couldn't stand. Then a beacon of hope. ANOTHER BOOK!!! The hopes that this book would clear everything up and make me feel so much better were
Milo (BOK)
THE REVIEW CAN ALSO BE FOUND HERE!

James Patterson’s Maximum Ride series used to be one of my favourite books when I was younger and would always be appointment reading for me, as in, when the new book came out I’d get on that and drop whatever I was currently reading at the moment. However, after the third book, the series started to decrease in quality dramatically, falling into the love triangle plot that is common with so many young adult series nowadays, and as a result, pretty much all the
Logan
I freaking hated this, the ending and everything. Spoiler: Maximum's pregnant with Fang's baby, no, unfortunately, I didn't make that up. It really bothers me that in past books we found Fang came from teenage parents and he repeated that, fulfilling a boring statistic. What pisses me off the most though is the idea that someone can be programmed to love someone and only that someone forever. Dylan was my favorite in all of this, he was my one good thing in this whole freaking catastrophe and ...more
n
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: no-thanks
I actually genuinely cannot believe this book. I cannot believe it at all. I just CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

I know it's supposed to take place immediately after Nevermore, but there are nine books in this series that apparently take place across only two years, and that's terrible, and it would be GREAT if maybe the characters were actually the age that they acted. It's honestly just... UNCOMFORTABLE. I'm really really rationally angry at one of the things that happens towards the end. I admit that
Caitlin
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-read, 3-stars
Thank you James Patterson for giving us the ending to Maximum Ride that we deserved. I fell in love with this series when I was 10 years old and I'm sad to say goodbye to it 9 years later. Maximum Ride will forever stay in my heart and I will forever ship Fang and Max. I'm so happy they got their happily ever after.
Do I wish Max just kicked some series butt and saved the world? Yes. Am I okay with her saving the world by having a baby that would start the new world after the apocalypse? Maybe.
Matt
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
In the promised final chapter of the Maximum Ride series, Patterson keeps the reader's curiosity on a sloe boil. Living on a post-apocalyptic earth, Max and her Flock seek to determine if there is anything salvageable. Devastation is rampant and the last documented images from the world's largest cities stream in through a poorly defined 5G network. In order to properly ascertain the answers they seek, the Flock divides and promises to report in as soon as they can. Meanwhile, the Doomsday Cult, ...more
Hanna
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh my god. okay, despite my previous updates, my rating is going against those. i can't really explain how I feel right now, but let's just say that I have been with this series since I started it six years ago and now it has ended and it ended beautifully.

I guess, to sum my emotions up, you guys have Hogwarts, while I have my bird kids.
Grace
WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RIP OUT MY HEART
NOT HAPPY JAN
Sempai Sama
May 11, 2015 marked it as to-read
I read Nevermore back in 6th grade (probably 2012). I was really excited for the *ahem "last book" to come out.

I thought it was the end.

The end.

THE end.

THE END.

But wait, fellow good readers. Apparently not.

Life goes on and on. Now I am in 2015. And I see THIS 9th book advertising that it is THE last book.
I went and checked several sources before I wrote this.
My opinions:

Nevermore ended with an ending that I just wanted to scream at the author for. Not because it was good. Because it didn't
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
So since I'm not one of the original Maximum Ride fans, having this last book I'm sort of glad about it being there even though the entire series did drag on I have to say in the end I'm glad the series is over and I'm happy with the way it ended for the most part. There were some things they did resolve in the end and answered, but obviously not everything was which I'm not surprised.

Though this book was extremely emotional, but of course what happened at the end of book 8 I'm not shocked and I
[For those who read the book] Was it worth the read? 17 147 Nov 29, 2016 12:55PM
Who is a Max Ride Fan? 6 13 Sep 13, 2015 12:27PM
Harry? 2 15 Sep 11, 2015 07:04PM
THOUGHTS ON A NINTH MAX RIDE?!?! 12 102 May 31, 2015 10:53AM
YES!!!!!!!!!! 7 51 May 21, 2015 03:51PM

• Maximum Ride, Vol. 2 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #2)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 3 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #3)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #1)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 6 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #6)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 5 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #5)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 9 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #9)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 4 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #4)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 7 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #7)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 8 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #8)
  • Maximum Ride: The Manga, Vol. 10
  • Michael Vey: The Electric Collection (Michael Vey, #1-3)
  • Squirrelflight's Hope (Warriors Super Edition, #12)
  • Dead Is a State of Mind (Dead Is, #2)
  • Uninvited
  • Storm of Lightning (Michael Vey, #5)
  • The Prisoner of Cell 25 / Rise of the Elgen (Michael Vey, #1-2)
  • Michael Vey Shocking Collection Books 1-7: Michael Vey, Michael Vey 2, Michael Vey 3, Michael Vey 4, Michael Vey 5, Michael Vey 6, Michael Vey 7
  • Loki (2019-) #1
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books

Maximum Ride (9 books)
  • The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
  • School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
  • Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3)
  • The Final Warning (Maximum Ride, #4)
  • Max (Maximum Ride, #5)
  • Fang (Maximum Ride, #6)
  • Angel (Maximum Ride, #7)
  • Nevermore (Maximum Ride, #8)
“The whole flock is helping to raise her, with Total insisting on French lessons and Nudge making sure she doesn't look like a cave girl (even though we pretty much live in caves). But it's only Fang who spends as much time with her as I do, Fang who patiently teaches the fascinating facts his photographic brain remembers from all those fat books I shunned in school. Fang, because he's her father.” 7 likes
“If you've ever loved someone like I did, if they made you crazy and happy and exasperated and elated and if you wanted to hold them and shake them and sometimes kick them and if, after all that, they were like part of your family and part of your soul…

Imagine seeing that feather. Imagine what that felt like.

It made it real.”