Start by marking “Fortune's Risk (Star Thief Chronicles, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Fortune's Risk (Star Thief Chronicles, #1.5)

Fortune's Risk

(Star Thief Chronicles #1.5)

A thrilling, dangerous adventure, this digital companion novella to Jamie Grey's The Star Thief features Viktis and Captain Nick Finn, popular characters from the series, and takes place after the events of The Star Thief.

Captain Nick Finn has spent the last seven years trying to escape his drug-running past and become the perfect MYTH soldier. At the peak of his military
Published July 6th 2014 by Clever Crow Press (first published July 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Fortune's Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune's Risk

Brandi
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it

I'm not the biggest fan of novellas but I'm a big fan of Viktis and space operas. This was a fun, fast, story told not long after the ending of book one in the series featuring Finn, Viktis, and Keva taking on the head of the most powerful mob family in the galaxy.

Viktis and Finn make some headway with Finn getting control over his jealousy toward Viktis, and Viktis and Keva start to explore the sexual tension that was hinted at in the first book, but there wasn't enough time to really dig int
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
This one picks up right after book 1. I'm glad to say Finn gets over his jealousy. Thank goodness, 'cause that was getting old. The highlight for me was Viktis and Keva. I'd like more please!
Barbara
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A novella that takes place after The Star Thief, Fortune’s Risk features Captain Nick Finn and Viktis, with some help from Lieutenant Keva, as Viktis comes up with a plan to take down Kitty Cordoza, the criminal whose slavery trade has hurt many people. He convinces the other two to help, but Kitty’s very powerful and won’t hesitate to kill them all, so there is a lot of risk, but a great reward if they can take out the hated criminal. Along the way, Viktis grows on Finn as well as Keva, and the ...more
Laura Greenwood
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

Fortune's Risk is book 1.5 of the Star Thief Chronicles.

Forced on the run while Renna works her magic back at headquarters, Finn and Viktus are still as against each other as they were before. Pulling into Forever Station, Viktus sees an opportunity to catch the one woman in the universe that he most wants revenge on, and he knows that he needs Finn's help to make his plan work. Finn is hesitant at first but the pirate knows just whic
Pili
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very intertaining short story where we get to know the adorable and sometimes irritating adorable rogue that is Viktis, the Ileth pirate.

I was a fast read, a short story that serves a double purpose: to hold us up till Athena's Ashes and to give us a glimpse at Viktis' past and what lays beyond his scoundrel pirate mask, and to develop the relationship between him, Finn and Keva.

Viktis is planning a scam and take down action against one of the most, if not the most, dangerous mob bosses of the
Meg
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I loved Fortune's Risk!
Action, drama, sci-fi, comedy and thrills!!
Plus a new blossoming romance!!!
I am loving Keva and Viktis!! I didn't see that coming but am LOVING it and can't wait to read more about it in the next instalment of The Star Thief Chronicles! Whoop!! I also can't wait to read more about Renna and Finn!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE TWO SOO MUCH!
Renna+Finn forever! <3 I just love Finn!
And I was surprised to find that Viktis grew on me a lot in this book!! We get to see more
Betsy
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Rather pedestrian and not very believable plot, using unexplained technology rather than clever action. Some awkward use of rather dated idioms, maybe trying to sound like someone comfortable with the vernacular, but this is a futuristic story. Why would they use language from the 1990s? A good sci fi writer would create new vernacular.
ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯
Received a free copy for being subscribed to the author's email list :)
Hurrah! Thank you Jamie Grey!

This was a fun little side story.

The only problem is now I REALLY want to get my hands on Athena's Ashes.
Jessica
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great short! I LOVED this. Keva was great as she stepped out of her comfort zone. Same with Finn as we got a glimpse of the Finn he used to be. And Viktis was, well, Viktis. Love, love, love <3 READ THIS!
Monique V
I LOVED THIS!! the characters and the story was so awesome!! need to pick up the next book!!!
Fallon Brown
Flemming H.  Pedersen
rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Shadow of Victory (Honorverse: Saganami Island, #4)
  • Alien Blood: Psion / Catspaw (Cat, #1-2)
  • Tears of Kerberos (Star Crusades Uprising, #2)
  • Contract of Defiance (Spectras Arise Trilogy, #1)
  • Ships of My Fathers (Father Chessman Saga, #1)
  • Omnilingual
  • Only The Good Die Young
  • In Ashes Born (A Seeker's Tale From The Golden Age Of The Solar Clipper Book 1)
  • The Highest Frontier
  • The Antaran Codex (Mapped Space #1)
  • Kutath (The Faded Sun, #3)
  • Heartsick
  • Our Broken Sky (Chaos Theory, #1.5)
  • Remanence (Confluence, #2)
  • Uncovering Ray (Ellery College, #1)
  • Sergeant (The United Federation Marine Corps, #2)
  • Reaper's Reward (Satyr's Myst, #2)
  • Codename Autumn (Undercover Embassy #1)
***Sign up for Jamie's newsletter for updates on her new releases.***

As a tech-obsessed gamer geek, Jamie Grey writes sci-fi, fantasy, and contemporary romances about smart women and the men who fall in love with them. Her stories weave together strong heroines, exciting plots, and heart-pounding romance. There may also be a few explosions thrown in for good measure.

She was born and raised in Mich

Star Thief Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Star Thief (Star Thief Chronicles, #1)
  • Athena's Ashes (Star Thief Chronicles, #2)