Start by marking “All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)” as Want to Read:
All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)

All I Want is Everything

(Gossip Girl #3)

The wickedly funny third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series that inspired the original hit CW show and the new series coming to HBO Max's Spring 2020 launch season (alongside hit series such as Pretty Little Liars and Friends).

It's Christmastime and Blair and Serena are best friends again, and up to their old tricks--partying hard and breaking hearts from Par
Published May 7th 2003 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about All I Want is Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All I Want is Everything

Mainon
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Nothing surprising here, except I love it when a character in an otherwise fluffy book has serious literary pretensions. Especially poetic ones. Because then every now and again I get surprised by a great big genuine belly laugh:

Sluts
[By Daniel, a dolorous high school poet. This poem magically gets accepted for publication in the New Yorker. The New Yorker! Because, yeah, that could totally happen. Totally. I mean, it's Just So Profound.]

wipe the sleep from my eyes and pour me another cup

i see w
Cati
Dec 07, 2008 rated it did not like it
Pretty much every sentence goes something like this: "Blair put on her Gucci dress, checked her Nokia cell phone for a text message, and then went shopping at Prada, with her Hermes bag tucked under the arm and a Merit Light cigarette in the other hand." I felt like I was reading an advertisement campaign, one in which everyone smokes and has one dimensional personalities. Which may, actually, be fairly representative of life on the Upper East Side. But it does not make for a very compelling rea ...more
Mace
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2017
It's like binge watching terrible television. I can't stop. Now I must read the fourth. Help.
Ashleigh
Oct 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
These books really are a great break from the more morbid, intense, or fact-laden books I like to read. It's nice to slip into a world where the only problems are superficial and none are deeply and utterly important or life changing. I guess that's what reading is great for though: escape from reality into all kinds of worlds.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Chick Lit
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: Triangle.
Cliff Hanger: no

Total: 8

In Dept

Best Part:
Still bitchy girls.
Worst Part: Far fetched things.
Thoughts Had: That would never happen; wow new undies

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: I'm pretty sure the whole lets ask Serena for autographs just because she wa
Penelope (Penelope’s Picks)
5/5

This book was just as entertaining as it was to me at 12. Love this series immensely. Gossip Girl can do no wrong in my eyes, but I have about ten more books to go...Hope it lasts!
Emily
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it
- I didn't care for this one as much as the last two. Seemed like being on break from school made everything less interesting.

Summary:

- Everyone goes to the Black and White Ball, where Flow (rock star du jour) is performing. He sees Serena and falls for her immediately. Serena has fun with him for a sec, but then gets bored of him like always. Leaves him begging for more at the end of the book. Starts hooking up with Aaron, Blair's stepbrother, who is trying to get over his incestuous crush on B
Jennifer Girard
This one wasn't my favorite ... Nate is so dumb in this one I can't stand him. Also I read this book in french (the first two were in English and on audio) and I hated it... The translation was not good and Blair is called Olivia in it. I'll continue the series but I don't think I'll read another one in french.
Nepeta Leijon
Chanel

Doir

Shitty book.

If I had to pick three words to describe this book, these would be it. The amount of name dropping in this book ridiculous. I've never seen so much name dropping. Not even in My Immortal.

Also, Waldorf getting pregnant? Not a plot twist. Everyone knows that since they got married in the last book. I'm a genius, aren't I?

So, let's begin with this review, shall we?

This book was mediocre, with little plot, and I wanted to kill all the characters. I have a bit of a violent strea
Jessica
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall this book was ok but I do not recommend this book to readers that get easily bored or like books with super deep meaning because this book is teen drama and it is real life meaning it could happen to a fellow teen but this book did get boring at one point and it was never really captivated my mind completely. It is interesting to read just for fun but only if you really enjoy this type of genre. There is more the this series and I can say that I will not be trying to read them unless I h ...more
Tiffany Spencer
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
All Want Is Everything (Gossip Girl) 3
PLOT: After the Black and White formal, Blair and Serena go to Saint Bart's on a vacation to join up with Blair's mom and new stepdad Cyrus. Aaron goes along with a friend Miles. He discovers that he's starting to want Blair as more than a sibling and basically is in his feelings the whole trip. While a famous singer becomes obsessed with Serena and keeps sending her anonymous gifts. Nate and Jenni get caught up in a scandal involving an intimate moment caug
Caitie
Feb 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of the Gossip Girl television show (but only the really big fans)
Recommended to Caitie by: Reena
Shelves: young-adult
This is another one of the funnier books in the Gossip Girl series. I especially enjoyed the inevitable disintegration of Jenny and Nate's relationship, and Dan writing Vanessa the "Sluts" poem was great. (This is another one of the plots they incorporated into the show; Vanessa gets Dan published in The New Yorker during "Roman Holiday," only instead of "Sluts" it's a short story about Serena.)

I also enjoyed Aaron's cute, unrequited crush on Blair and the continuing hijinks related to the ongoi
Jenny
Mar 18, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked this book because it sort of made me hooked in a way that I wonder what will happen next. Some characters were amusing esp. B and S. I think N is just one rich, handsome, stupid and spineless boy. Maybe B just liked him initially because of looks and looks and looks but there's nothing else. B must just felt attached to N because of so much time they had together. She built every fairytale in her mind w/ him as a prince so she found it hard to let go. Character? I wouldn't want a boy tha ...more
Erika Schoeps
May 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Why am I still reading this series? Who the hell knows... Man did I used to love these in high school. The nostalgia of looking at these and feeling overwhelming love is weird. As an adult, all I get from these books is a ton of disappointment.

Moments of genuine humor are trapped here among superficial, mostly unlikeable characters. I did enjoy watching Serena do whatever the fuck she wanted and disregard men. I did enjoy watching Blair finally take a stand against Nate. Good, strong female shi
Emmaline
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I started this series in my first year of university. A little late to the game most definitely but I’m a fan of the tv show. It’s so different from the show though, which I find strange and surprising. It’s not the best series I’ve ever read but for some reason I can’t stop reading them? I guess it’s my form of the trashy romance novels my aunt is obsessed with. It’s a contemporary which is basically sacrilege for me but I guess living a life filled with that kind of ridiculous luxury is fantas ...more
This one took me longer to read than normal, probably because I chose a paperback over the Kindle version. It was actually a 2.5 star book.
I would never recommend these to friends. However, there is something about the series that I find mindless and entertaining. Like TV in a book.
Priscilla
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Just a fun next book in the series. Liked it a lot but I got a bit sick of the boobs from Jenny (I now know for sure that they are NOT small). I also liked it that you could read the poems and more, it gave something extra for the book!
BespectacledBookGirl
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
So I don't mean any shade, since obviously I'm reading these and continuing the series. But these are so, so bad. It's all telling and no showing, which makes for disjointed character arcs and herky jerky plots. The only reason we know Blair and Serena are "up to tricks" is because it says literally, "Blair and Serena are up to tricks!" But, there are no actual tricks, no description of the girls characters, personalities, or thoughts, and very little description of scene and ambiance save for p ...more
Martina
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A little outdated already, I prefer the tv show actually, but this helps me relax. It's not as dramatic as the show so I'll probably read them all.
Jenna M
Nov 10, 2009 rated it really liked it

The novel All I Want is Everything, by Cecily von Ziegesar, is a story that is centered around two wealthy and fashionable girls Serena and Blair. The other characters, including a filmmaker, a poet, Blair’s ex boyfriend,a young girl desperate for love, and Nate’s friends- add drama to the story, leaving the reader wanting to read more.

The setting and the plot of this story is very interesting and realistic. Blair’s ex boyfriend, Nate, is stuck in a love triangle. He and Blair had dated for so

Brooke Vandekerckhove
Dec 28, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teens
All i want is everything by Cecliy von Ziegesar is a good book. I Recomend this book to people who like gossip book and also teenagers. In this book there is a girl named serena. She has her own advice website. On this website she talks to people and they don't know who she is. This website is a secret thing. It is for people who need advice on their peoblems. Serena is the type of girl that likes to hangout with her friends and get into all the gossip that is going around.
Serena has a big cru
LB
This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

The truth is, the only thing that makes famous people interesting is that they're famous.

I think the same applies for the characters of this novel. The only thing that makes them interesting is that they are rich and somewhat famous. Otherwise, they are just those whining, annoying, spoiled people we don't even want to associate with.

This third time around, good old Nate might be back on the fence in a classic he only wants wh
Candy Boisvert
Jun 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girly girls
Recommended to Candy by: No one
Title: All I want is everything (Gossip girl book #3)
Author: Cecily von Ziegesar
Copyright date: September 2003
Publisher: Little, brown
How many pages: 214 pgs
How long it took me to read: 2 days
Category: Fiction
I learned about this book from: being in the loop.

This book was purchased at: Chapter's
This book is: a nice refreshing imaginative world to be in during the winter. The dreams of St. Bart's...
Other books by these authors: Gossip girl and It girl series
Favorite characters: Blair, Jenny, Chuc
Michelle
Jun 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Two of the main characters, Blair and Serena becomes freinds, once again. As Blair is trying to remember what she admires about her role model, her ex-boyfreind Nate is in relationship with a busty fourteen year old girl named Jenny. Everything seems perfect until unexpected crushes appear and sex tape exploits one of the main character causing major embarrsement and months worth of being grounded . Uh oh! Their Christmas may not be jolly after all but who knows. Nothing is free in this world , ...more
Tiffany
Jul 31, 2008 rated it liked it
I was curious about these books because I saw lots of students reading these. I decided to pick on up to read it and see what the big deal was. In the first 70 pages I read about blow jobs, sex, and drugs. I noticed that unlike most teenage books, there were no consequences for these actions. The students were spoiled and rich and were able to do whatever they wanted with whoever they wanted. One of the main character is none for her loose behavior and yet she is very popular.

It was an interest
Jory
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Blair and Serena are back to being besties, Nate and Jenny are still the worst, Aaron has the hots for his stepsister, and Dan and Vanessa are in love.

All I Want Is Everything kicks off after Blairs mother gets married. With the addition of a creepy stalker rock star and yet again NO CHUCK BASS this book was just meh for me. I know Chuck isn't a recurring character in the books but still there truly isn't enough of him. And if I have to deal with Jenny Humphrey and her annoying teenage woes muc
Katie
Nov 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don't even know what this book would be considered for the show. If you haven't seen the show and you are interested in the books then it would say that it would be good but if you have watched the show I don't know if I could say the same. There was one storyline that I read the books for and in this book it pretty much crushed all hope of that storyline happening.
Graciedoll5500
why r u doing this i want 1 2
Josie
Apr 13, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult
Serena's life is so tragic -- men won't stop falling in love with her and sending her expensive presents every day!

Yeah. Right.

• Some Like It Hot (A-List, #6)
  • Last Christmas (Private, #0.6)
  • Sealed with a Diss (The Clique, #8)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

Gossip Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • I Like It Like That (Gossip Girl, #5)
  • You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6)
  • Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl, #7)
  • Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)
  • Only in Your Dreams (Gossip Girl, #9)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
“She closed Dan's door and walked down the hall to her room. He makes a good boyfriend, she repeated to herself. What the hell was that suppose to mean? She didn't just want a good boyfriend. She wanted that thing Gustav Klimt had captured so perfectly in The Kiss. That radiant, electric, hold-me-tight-so-I don't-fall-from-up-here-in-the-sky feeling of being in love.
Well, don't we all, sweetie?”
51 likes
“I'll tell you what I think. I think you need to stay indoors reading more books!” 12 likes