Start by marking “Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl, #7)” as Want to Read:
Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl, #7)

Nobody Does it Better

(Gossip Girl #7)

The uptown girls are headed downtown as Serena and Jenny take on their new fabulous roles as rock-star model girlfriends of New York's hottest band, The Raves. Meanwhile, Dan is to busy drowning his sorrows in empty bottles to notice a mysterious French beauty who has a penchant for dirty, Jim Morrison-wannabe lead singers. Blair takes residence at the Plaza to think about ...more
Published May 11th 2005 by Little, Brown Young Readers (first published May 1st 2005)

Cathy
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 52-in-08
I'm determined to finish off this series, but it's starting to feel like a self-ordained punishment. In this book the author loses her own plotline. Vanessa didn't win the video contest, Serena did! Pay attention to your own story, for Pete's sake!
Tijana
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it

Reading one book from Gossip Girl series-it's like you've read them all.
But my advice: don't even read as much as the first book. It's too late for me, I'm addicted, but maybe you can still save yourself.
Especially stay away from this if you're a fan of the TV show.
I mean:
Chuck is gay,
Nate's a pothead with a charisma of a paper bag,
Serena and Dan pretty much never happened...
You get the point
It's weird. Don't read these books.
Doreen
Jun 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of PG Wodehouse
How do I explain my fanatic defense of the Gossip Girl series? It's trashy literature for adolescents, an age demographic I've long cleared, and I have little in common, on the surface, with the rich, spoiled characters depicted. But I have little in common with the circumstances of Austen's heroines, or with Wodehouse's fops and long-suffering servants, and I still find plenty that is amusing and touching in their stories. Some would argue that Austen and Wodehouse wrote with greater skill, but ...more
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Chick Lit
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: Triangle.
Cliff Hanger: no

In Dept

Best Part:
Sail boat adventure!
Worst Part: Yuckiness.
Thoughts Had: Nate, you're gonna get in troubleeeee.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: Nate is a bit of a bad boy in this book. I kinda like that side of him. Vanessa is m
LB
This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

Most of her life had been an endless loop of repetition, filled with the same people, parties, and predictability. Even her dreams had been predictable, and she liked it like that.

This quote from Nobody Does It Better kind of sums up my current feeling towards the Gossip Girl series. Each novel feels a bit like the same story, over and over. Blair and Nate get together, Blair and Nate get in a fight, Blair and Nate break up. W
Mary
Apr 22, 2010 added it
Nobody Does It Better is the seventh book in the Gossip Girl series. Once again, Cecily von Ziegesar does a good job of describing scenes and getting you hooked to the lives of the teenagers in the Upper East Side. However, I am disappointed that in the 7rh book of the series, this book brought nothing knew. The same old break up and make-ups between Blair and Nate, with Serena in the middle. Ever since the first book of this series, the following books kept repeating the samething, boring the ...more
Candy Boisvert
Jun 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girly girls
Title: Nobody does it better (Gossip girl book #7)
Author: Cecily von Ziegesar
Copyright date: May 2005
Publisher: Little, brown
How many pages: 231 pgs
How long it took me to read: 22 days
Category: Fiction
I learned about this book from: being in the loop.

This book was purchased at: Chapter's
This book is: pretty amusing.
Other books by these authors: Gossip girl and It girl series
Favorite characters: Blair, Jenny, Chuck, and Erik
When and Where the story takes place: New York
Plot in a nutshell: Graduat
Maite
Nov 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
I often wondered if the author was on crack while writing this book. It's the only thing that could possibly explain the events in this book. When everything is going fine someone does something stupid just for the sake of being stupid in a clear attempt of milking this series for a few more books.
Larissa Disney
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is a re-read, but I still enjoy the series so much! It has a completely different storyline than the tv show does, which makes it even more enjoyable, considering I can't remember everything that happened in the books. Well, unto the next one, I say!
Claire
Jun 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Encinitas Public Library was giving away FREE books at the Encinitas Street Fair, so of course I had to stop and take a look. This book was thrown in the children's section, and after reading it, saw it was labeled as juvenile fiction (and NOT young adult). I love well written juvenile fiction, but this did not fall into this category. It was very poorly written, had hardly any character development (could be because it is #7 in a series), and it is NOT a book I'd want my kids reading. The chara ...more
Haley
Nov 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Blair is way more independent in this one, and for that I admire her. And hello...who knew she would end up being roomates with Vanessa, her antithesis? But she's become mature enough to handle it and- dare I say-maybe even become friends with someone who's totally different from her.
Serena and Nate are same old, same old...Nate is still sweet, totally in love with Blair, but still has the attention span of a gnat. Jenny is becoming a complete rebel- what happened to the sweet innocent fourteen-
Kayla Wilson
Mar 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is about how the seniors at Constance Billboard School party till they drop because in 2 more months they will be going to college. Blair finally finds out that she gets into Yale and so does her friend Serena, and her Boyfriend Nate. I would recommend this book to any one that loves a good story line and that are interested in books that talk about drama. I like the writers style of writing because it is modern and unique. The message that the book is trying to convey is that sometime ...more
Liz
Jan 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
A lot of the story lines will catch you by surprise. But Nate's won't because he's Mr Stoner and always doing the same things over and over. It takes place during the last month of school, and the seniors are ready to graduate. They're going to the Raves concert, hanging out in hotels, and going on Senior Spa Weekend (even some of the boys sneak on board!)
Kris
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I understand that the gay slurs are meant to be used as a way to show how realistic the characters are but it is completely unnecessary. Especially when they go unchallenged, this book normalises calling a lesbian a dyke. Gay slurs have appeared before but I'm not going to overlook them this time considering the impact normalising them is huge and negative. This dragged this a star down.
Rhiannon
Jun 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Plot details may change from Gossip Girl book to Gossip Girl book (in this one, everyone is making final decisions on their college choices, Dan is singing for a popular rock band, Blair and Nate start out happily together but very quickly are not, etc.), but they remain essentially the same. This is like my hilarious and silly comfort food, and this one lives up to the rest of the series.
Alice
Jul 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, guilty-pleasures
The blurb on the cover says it best: "a nasty guilty pleasure." I am embarrassingly addicted to these books. We all need our little pop culture vices, now don't we?
jessica
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
read in 2006 - read after seeing tv show - better review to come

2 stars
Colleen
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm over my shame and I admit I love these books. They make me feel like I'm in high school. Ha!
Elusive
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
In 'Nobody Does It Better', all the seniors are looking forward to high school graduation as it will mark the start of a promising college life. Poor Blair can't seem to catch a break - as if it weren't bad enough that she's desperately longing to be off the waitlist and accepted into Yale, her relationship with Nate is falling apart. Will her wish come true in time?

Nothing substantial happened throughout the entire story. Everyone basically spent their time partying, drinking, making out with
Rachael
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Dan and Vanessa are moved in together and a girl named Beverly shows up saying that Vanessa's sister gave her a key to the place and could stay there too. But is she really who she says she is? Vanessa really starts to like her but Dan is not a fan. Dan's poems get discovered by a popular east coast band and they want him to sing his poems. So now Dan is the singer for wildly popular band. Blair and Nate are finally making amends and are back to being a couple but again, does it ever last? Blair ...more
Ashley Oxford
When you re-read a book you enjoyed as a teen and cannot believe you didn't see all the fat hate and normalizing bulimia the first time around. I ate these stories as a teen. Like gobbled them down, couldn't get enough. And re-reading I still enjoy the characters as I feel like I really know them.

I'm not mad at certain hatefully parts because teens really can be terrible people. I just want the author to occasionally reference that they're terrible, have them learn and show some sort of empathy
Lauren Taaffe
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The seventh book in the drama and romantic series, Gossip Girl Nobody Does It Better, was written by Cecily von Ziegesar. Blair Waldorf and Nate Archibald are back together and better than ever. Blair is stressing out about being waitlisted at Yale, even though Nate got in without even trying. Serena, Blair's best friend, also got in Yale and has decided to go to Yale as well. Dan Humphrey, a poet who used to date Serena, joined the Raves band. Throughout this book, so many things get in the way ...more
Brooke Beste
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl #7) by Cecily von Ziegesar is an amazing teen romance. Serena and Blair, New York’s most well-known teen best friends, battle their last year of high school in New York. Jenny Humphrey, Manhattans wanna be, idolizes Serena and Blair and their every move. Jenny finds herself in trouble for all the fun she has been having. Blair pursues her relationship with Nate Archibald, while Serena enjoys the single life. Blair knows she wants to go to Yale, and Ser ...more
Ellie McManus
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nobody Does it Better by Cecily von Ziegesar is a great young adult novel. It is the seventh book in the Gossip Girl series. Set in New York's Upper East Side, Blaire has not gotten into her dream college, Yale, and her best friend and boyfriend have some drama. This book is all about their rich, fancy, stylish lives. I would rate this 4/5 stars because it never gets boring and has a good storyline. This book is good for 7th-8th-grade girls.
Mace
Like the rest of the series, this just keeps getting more and more ridiculous. But then again, that's why I'm reading them, right? It's pure fantasy, except instead of finding out you're a wizard and going to a special school, it's attending a party and suddenly becoming the lead singer of a famous band. Instead of defending a unicorn, it's a bunch of idiots getting into Yale.
Yes, I will continue to read.
Kerran Olson
at this point I'm interested in most of the main characters and the things they get up to, except Dan. Dan is just so annoying and broody, which is irritating because he was one of my faves in the show! I'd also love Serena and Blair to just both get over Nate, coz the constant love triangle is getting old. still an entertaining series though, and great for a break from study!
Shelly
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Galion Public Library Teens
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Review by S.R. : "It was not very interesting."
Ismay Gijsen
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading this book for the second time. Gossip Girl is my favorite guilty pleasure. I just can't get enough of this series and I absolutely love the storyline. But where was Chuck Bass in this book?
Emily
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• American Beauty (A-List, #7)
  • Paradise Lost (Private, #9)
  • Pass It On (Insiders, #2)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

Gossip Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)
  • All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • I Like It Like That (Gossip Girl, #5)
  • You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6)
  • Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)
  • Only in Your Dreams (Gossip Girl, #9)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
“That's the problem with best friends. Sometimes they know you better than you know yourself.” 36 likes
“She was spoiled, but she wasn't lazy. She knew what she wanted, and because she believed absolutely that she could have everything she wanted if she tried hard enough to get it, she never stopped trying.” 9 likes