Start by marking “Something like Redemption (Something like Normal, #2)” as Want to Read:
Something like Redemption (Something like Normal, #2)

Something like Redemption (Something like Normal #2)

Some secrets are best left untold...

Mia Lee escaped to the sleepy little town of South Boston, Virginia with the intent to be normal, and to find a place she could call home.
Sadly for Mia, her past has come back with a vengeance, and forced her to flee yet again.

This time, however, she’s not alone…

Mia and Quinn are on the run, fleeing for their lives, while attempting t
Published October 14th 2014 by Limitless Publishing (first published October 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Something like Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something like Redemption

Christy
4 stars!

photo ea9cad84-d52b-4855-bf17-98f8f0562ee2_zps18f5b581.jpg

Something Like Normal was one of those books I read that shocked me in the best kind of way. It ended in a big cliffhanger, so I was extremely anxious to pick this one up. It starts off right where book one leaves off… Mia is on the run. And Quinn is with her.

After what happened at the end of the last book, Mia is not in the best place. She’s on the run for now, but running is not her end game. She wants revenge. She wants the people who did this to pay. And she doesn’t want to drag Qu
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
DNF at 31%

I will make this short. I really enjoyed the first book and it had everything I've come to love in a good book. With its dramatic and attention-grabbing ending, I couldn't wait to dive into this second one. Sadly, this book was simply not for me. The main reason boils down to one fact: I loathe angst. Especially unnecessary angst.

This couple is on the run and I expected them to face their obstacles TOGETHER. Instead, the first 31% is all about the heroine trying to push the hero away
Debra
Sep 22, 2014 Debra rated it really liked it

4 Stars!

Review to come.

**ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**
Monica James
May 19, 2014 Monica James rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Something like Redemption is now... LIVE!!!!

✿kawehi.reviews
Sep 25, 2014 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

I liked this one, I did. But it also held some discrepancies which at times disturbed my reading experience a bit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You know the whole saying, "less is more"? Sometimes I felt that if there was a little less drama and self-doubt it would have made a lot of what went down a wee less complicated.

I mean, yeah, I learned what I wanted to know with some sprinkles filled with twists, turns, and revelations. Not to mention,
Brenna
Jun 06, 2014 Brenna marked it as to-read
Shelves: _series-next-up
I NEED THIS BOOK!!
Jamie
Sep 25, 2014 Jamie rated it it was amazing
WOW!! This is one hell of a ride!!!

Something Like Redemption starts where Something Like Normal leaves off so they do need to be read in order so you get the full amazingly awesome effect of this story!

If you're looking for a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat with anticipation - not only due to the suspense but because of the amazing sexual tension/attraction between the characters - this book is what you're looking for!

Monica James has created a never ending thrill ride of a st
Hooked On Books
Oct 10, 2014 Hooked On Books rated it really liked it
Something Like Redemption continues on from book 1 with Mia and Quinn on the run. They end up traveling all over the states hiding from the police and Mia’s dad and Phil.

There is a lot of drama, but it is mostly between Mia and Quinn. Mia feels guilty about getting everyone involved in her mess and keeps trying to push Quinn away to protect them.

Mia and Quinn have a lot of soul searching to do, but they have an intense connection with each other. I loved reading about how their love for each oth
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
There is nothing more amazing to me than to be able to add another author to my "must read everything they write list." Monica James has effectively been added to that list in my world. When I read Something Like Normal, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Something Like Redemption. I had to have more of the story. So the moment it showed up on my Kindle, I did a little happy dance. The bad part of it was I was stuck in an office and had a pile of work sitting in front of me so I couldn't instant ...more
Cheryl
Oct 08, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Review for Something Like Redemption (Something Like Normal #2)

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Mia and Quinn have a lot of soul searching
Cristina
Jun 14, 2014 Cristina rated it it was amazing
Ahhh, let me start by saying I LOVED the first book "Something like Normal"

This one, Something like Redemption just picked up literally from where we all ended :-)
Love when that happens lol

Any how, Clearly i enjoyed this book/series a lot however, i wish Mia "Red" did not push Quinn away as much as she did. Maybe its because I wanted her to give herself to Quinn lol
The tension between them...sexual tension i might add was HOT HOT HOT! i wish she would have been more open to allowing him to be b
Natalie
Oct 16, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
}
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Aug 13, 2014 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Something Like Redemption (Something Like Normal, #2) by Monica James
4 stars!!

“Don’t change who you are for people who don’t even know who they are. You’re beautiful, inside and out.”

This book continues from where Something Like Normal ended and Mia and Quinn are on the run; therefore please make sure you have read Something Like Normal first.

Well I finished and I am a little lost for words and that doesn’t happen very often. This book was packed and I mean PACKED!! For a couple on the run
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Jan 27, 2015 Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series. If you have not read Something Like Normal please put this down and go read Something Like Normal. I had to purchase this book and start it not long after finishing Something Like Normal. This was just as good as the first book. It had me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out how Mia's Dad was always one step behind them always knew their next step and how the cops were always hot on their heals.

Mia and Quinn were forced on the run after her Dad and
JC82
Jun 03, 2014 JC82 rated it it was amazing
Arc received in exchange for an honest review

OMG… so I don’t even know where to start with this review. Have you ever read one of those books where there is so much you want to say but then you don’t want to say too much and give away all the juicy awesome parts of the story…yeah that is my dilemma.

Something Like Redemption picks up right from the point where Something Like Normal ended. Mia’s past makes an appearance placing both her and Quinn on the run, hopping from one place to the next.
Bianca
Dec 29, 2014 Bianca rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Nothing could have prepared me for this story. I absolutely loved the first in the series and had to continue. But this book? It blew me away! Monica James has always been a favorite of mine, but she absolutely poured her heart and soul into Something Like Redemption.

“...because as long as he’s happy and free-I can live with anything.”

Something Like Redemption picks up right where book one, Something Like Normal, left off. Mia and
Ariana *mommy's late night book-up*
5 flippin amazing stars!!!
I am beginning to feel a bit like a broken record when it comes to reviewing Monica James' books, but I cannot help it. The story was incredible, and Monica has once again proved that she is incapable of writing a bad book. Something Like Redemption was a seriously kick ass sequel to Something Like Normal. The story was intense and if I did not have fake nails on right now, I would be crying in pain from biting my nails to the point of drawing blood. My anxiety was thro
Bethany
Jun 05, 2014 Bethany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
This book is NOT a standalone. Something Like Redemption picks up right where Something like Normal left off.
Mia & Quinn are now on the run. Running seems to be the easiest thing about their journey. You can run from your past, you can run from danger, but you cannot run from your thoughts.
Poor Mia, she doesn't even realize Quinn wants to finally be the protector that she needs, but because she has been so deeply damaged by men in her life, she cannot accept it and continues to try to push
Kelly Hawkins Solomon
Something like…Incredible! What a wild ride! Monica James does not disappoint. We pick up right where we left off where Mia and Quinn are on the run. Mia’s past has finally caught up to her. Her friends stand by her side and do not disappoint. They stand by her completely. Quinn and Mia are on the run. Mia is struggling with her own demons. She feels like everything is her fault and she has a hard time processing this as she has never had loved ones she wants to protect before. She and Quinn are ...more
Bex 'n' Books
Oct 04, 2014 Bex 'n' Books rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Lynn
Disclosure: This ebook was provided by the authr in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.

Something like Redemption picks up where Something like Normal leaves off. Quinn and Mia are on the run. Trying to stay one ahead of her father and Phil. Mia wants to leave Quinn behind just to save him. Quinn is determined to stick to Mia at all costs. The two become closer as they travel across country but Mia is still unsure of her relationship with Quinn. Never having
My Secret Book Spot
Aug 29, 2014 My Secret Book Spot rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Something Like Redemption by Monica James

4 out of 5 stars

This book picks up where Something Like Normal left off, I highly recommend reading that first.

Mia and Quinn are on the the run together. They are running from the police, her dad and Phil. There is some suspense and some twists and turns for the couple along the way.

We get to know both of these characters a little better in this second book. I say second because yes, it ends in a cliffhanger!

We see some of Mia's insecurities as far as
Lisa Edward
Oct 08, 2014 Lisa Edward rated it it was amazing
I love the complexity of this book by Monica James, and watching the characters develop. Their relationship is not an easy one, but Quinn is determined to stay with Mia and help her through no matter how much she tries to save him by pushing him away.

We get to see more of Mia’s past and why she says and behaves the way she does. But it’s Quinn I can’t wait to find out more about. He has his own secrets but he’s keeping them to himself, at least for the time being.

They are a great couple of misfi
Tina Clark
Oct 05, 2014 Tina Clark rated it it was amazing
Wow. The story continues from book 1 where Mia and Quinn are fugitives. Running away from her dad, drug dealer and the Police. She runs into her ex So call boyfriend, Justin. The story goes from running away, revenge, escape and freedom. Mia is trying to do everything to run away but Quinn will not let go of her. I loved the story. Of course another crazy ending. Please have book 3 release quickly. I'm dying to find out what happens next.
Kathy-Jo Reinhart
Jul 30, 2014 Kathy-Jo Reinhart rated it it was amazing
Loved this one even more than Something Like Normal!! The chemistry between Mia and Quinn is so damn hot. Quinn is the perfect balance of sweet boy and bad boy (can I have one of my own?)!!! Absolutely love Monica’s writing. There hasn’t been a book she’s written that I haven’t loved. As much as I love the Surrender Trilogy, This series is my favorite. I can’t wait to for the next one!!!
Monique
Nov 15, 2014 Monique rated it it was amazing
I love Monica James and absolutely love everything she writes... This book has so much action drama and romance as well it had me hooked from the very first line and I just couldn't put it down until I finished it.... Almost towards the end I kept yelling "I knew it" I. Was guessing what was going to happen and I knew it was true once I read . it can't wait to read the last book....
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Sep 02, 2014 Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ marked it as to-read
Shelves: oct-2014
*** COVER REVEAL AND BLURB ****

Something like Redemption (Something like Normal #2) by Monica James

ijustlovetoread.wordpress.com/2014/09...
Michelle
Aug 11, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! Can't wait for the next book.
Emma Corcoran
Sep 28, 2014 Emma Corcoran rated it really liked it
Four bright shiny stars!

Congrats on a worthy sequel that had me glued to my chair and devoured it in one sitting!

Full review to come on www.aloveaffairwithbooks.com
Andrea Doss
Oct 16, 2014 Andrea Doss rated it it was amazing
Wow this was an amazing sequel and a great addition to Mia and Quinn's story!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Sideswiped (Off the Map, #2)
  • Invincible (Long, Tall Texans #43)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 3 "Betrayed" (My Masters' Nightmare, #3)
  • For Luca (Chicago Syndicate, #2)
  • NOT A BOOK: For the Summer
  • Promise Me This (Between Breaths, #4)
  • Summer of Seventeen
  • Broken Ever After: Volume 2 (Ever After, #2)
  • Songbird Freed (Songbird, #3)
  • Broken Chords (Love in London, #2)
  • The Good Girl
  • Then There Was You (So Much It Hurts, #2)
  • My Life for Yours
  • Questionable Love (L.A. Love, #2)
  • Unspoken Promises (Unspoken, #2)
  • Wanting Reed (Break Me, #2)
  • The Real Thing
  • The Stronger, Safer Kind (The Boys of DownCrash, #1)
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare, and Emily Dickinson.
When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt, and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers. She draws her inspiration from life.
She is a bestselling author in the U.S.,
More about Monica James...

Something like Normal (4 books)
  • Something like Normal (Something like Normal, #1)
  • Something like Love (Something like Normal, #3)
  • Untitled (Something like Normal, #4)

“Quinn Berkeley is unlike anyone I have ever met. He is the eighth wonder of the world. Scrap that-he is my first and only wonder of the world.” 1 likes