Start by marking “Touched to the Heart” as Want to Read:
Touched to the Heart

Touched to the Heart

Discover beautiful South Africa in this sweet, heart-warming Cinderella story about a blogger, a billionaire, and one chance meeting.

When it comes to men, if physiotherapist Caitlin Sutherland didn't have bad luck, she would have no luck at all. To help cope, Caitlin starts blogging in her spare time, about the types of men she meets and the bad dates she goes on.

While on
Published July 1st 2014 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Touched to the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touched to the Heart

Start your review of Touched to the Heart
Wendy Jones
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a couple with chemistry, look no further. Hero and heroine both into each other with a capital I. Fanning face as kids walk in. "Yes sure I can get you your tea, sweetheart. Just let me finish one more chapter..."
Rebecca Crowley
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I fully intended to take this book away with me to enjoy on my long-weekend getaway, but instead stayed up last night to finish it! This is a lovely, no-gimmicks romance from Elsa Winckler and I really enjoyed it.

I have this slight obsession with reading what I think of as 'off the beaten path' romances. Anything with a peculiar, unusual premise (ex-nun heroine, 40-something heroine and much younger man, amnesiac inspirational) always manages to find its way onto my to-read shelf. Of late I've b
Hannah Fielding
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the author’s last book, so I was looking forward to reading this one, and it didn’t disappoint.

I love the simplicity of the writing and its edges of humour (‘I don’t trust a man who shaves his legs made me laugh’ especially). The story moves along at pace, and felt to me like a light and easy read.

This is character-led fiction, and I really like the cast: two families (plus a friend) brought together by love. In this book the focus is Caitlinand Don, but other potential love stories ar
Jenny Schwartz
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You never know when you pick up a writer friend's books whether they're going to work for you, or whether you'll enjoy the skill, but not really be emotionally engaged. Well, with "Touched to the Heart", I felt the emotions.

Elsa Winckler captures the uncertainty and intensity of falling in love.

I enjoyed all the side characters and family dynamics, but it was the core drama -- the risk of sharing your heart -- that kept me reading.

A lovely weekend read -- and just a little bit sexy!
Desere
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
All woman and men know that when it comes to dating, it's never a smooth ride. You meet some real toads and for most of us it so happens that you have to kiss at least a dozen toads before one of them turns into prince charming or the Cinderella of your dreams.

In the latest read from South African author Elsa Wincker she takes us on a journey of two people who have both had to endure the high's and low's of dating.

Physiotherapist Caitlin has kissed enough toads to last her a lifetime, and if s
Kirke
Jul 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: review

I am really starting to think I need a minimum page requirement for books. If it's under a 150 or 200 and not part of a series, it just doesn't seem to work for me. Since I've been saying this a lot lately, you need to know that when I requested this on NetGalley, those page numbers are not mentioned and I don't always go to Amazon or goodreads to check the amount of pages.

Now stepping away from the pages issues, Touched To The Heart is an okay book. The setting is definitely something
Zee Monodee
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A delightful, lovely, & light romp in sunny South Africa!

I jumped on the offer to read and review this book - the blurb had totally grabbed me, and I'd heard tons about Elsa Winckler's writing and wanted to check it out for myself.
She did not leave me disappointed!

I always used to wonder what makes a rom com engaging, that moment when it 'snaps' you up and you become a goner. Touched To The Heart provided the answer - it is all in the timing! You see, the very start itself has some hilarious dia
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
What can I tell you, sometimes all we need to cleanse the palette from the heavy stuff is those light, almost flimsy romances.
Touched to the Heart was just that. A cleansing palette romance.

This sweet love story is set in South Africa, which is one thing I loved about it. That was a first for me.

Don and Caitlin meet when Caitlin, a physiotherapist, treats aching cyclists during a race. Don arrives in the treatment tent with a lower back ache, only to overhear Caitlin venting her frustrations abo
Lindsey Gray
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hands massaging taught, hard muscles within the first few pages. Yep, that hooked me. Winckler brings to life the beautiful imagery of a cyclist physique and the South African country in this sweet and sexy tale.

When physiotherapist Caitlin works the kinks out of hotel mogel Don, sparks fly. As Caitlin learns more about the dashing eldest Cavallo brother, the deeper she falls. The duo hit more than one road block on their journey, but what kind of fun would it be if it were easy?

Winckler's writi

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+
Connect on...:
Twitter
I love stories about sisters and this is the first in a series of stories that explores the Sutherland sisters’ encounters with the gorgeous Cavallo brothers. Set in South Africa and The Seychelles, it’s a story about trust, serendipitous meetings and seeing beyond the outward facade, to the person beneath.
The dry humour and romance of this story mak
Vicki Ballante
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for an honest review.

I enjoyed this story very much and couldn't put it down. I like a story that's heart-warming, easy to read, not bogged down with unnecessary fluff, and filled with conflict.

Caitlin is a physiotherapist and is very embarrassed by her immediate and intense attraction to cyclist and hotel chain owner, Don, when he comes in for a massage. Her touch on his back stirs longings in him he's unable to quench. And Caitlin is drawn to him too against her better ju
Lisa
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-booklist
If you are looking for a straight up romance and have a thing for the Alpha male and sassy female mix then this is the book for you! The perfect book to cuddle up to at pretty much any time and escape into a world or romance.

Though the book had a few 'ugh' moments in it; sometimes my brain wants to remind myself of the over-the-top dramatics and how this scenario is not likely. Dear brain, please stop and let me be swept away in the romance. Thanks! But despite those I really enjoyed this book.
Rosie Amber
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Touched To The Heart is a quick easy read, hot romance. It ticks all the boxes of a good chick lit/ Rom com and if I'm not mistaken has plenty more stories to follow it.

The book is set in South Africa, we meet Caitlin Sutherland a physio who doesn't trust men, especially those who shave their legs and who are cyclists. But when she's bowled over by her emotions to a man she's only just met, she's left dazed and confused.

Don Cavallo is one of four handsome brothers who love cycling as a serious h
Ani
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Loving The Book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is about falling in love when you least expect it, and falling fast, despite preconceived ideas and trust/communication issues.

The main characters in this book are Caitlin and Don, both characters are strong, confident and comfortable with being single. A chance meeting brings them together, but they both fight the feelings they have for one another.

This book is a feel good book, it is really well writ
Aly
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Elsa Winckler has created two characters that shouldn't fall in love and make it work and yet they do. It was interesting to see how the past affected the future for Caitlin and Don especially because both weren't looking for lasting relationships. Instead they seemed to be trying to find everything they possibly could to stay apart. It was amusing to see their thought processes as they did so.

Not to mention the funny moment that the two meet. It was amusing to see the sparks from the very begin
Alexander Petkovski
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I finished this book on its release date. I enjoyed it so much. I loved reading about Caitlin’s romance with Don Cavallo. The story flowed beautifully. The secondary characters were well developed as the main ones. I loved Mrs. Sutherland. She was funny, witty and always cheerful. The side mystery about Caitlin’s sister Hannah intrigued me, leaving me excited to reading more about the Sutherland sisters and the Cavallo brothers. And my apsolutely favourite part of the book was the s ...more
Talk Books To Me
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This was a light and entertaining love story that I read in one sitting. Caitlin and Don are two very sceptical characters and keep their hearts guarded for fear f getting hurt. Caitlin harbours abandonment issues stemming from her childhood; and Don thinks every woman is after his money and doesn’t see the real him! There is thing undeniable attraction between the two that has them seeking each other out and come together in the end.
I think what intrigued me the most is that the secondar
Kim Beck
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book brings us two families, The Sutherland sisters plus their friend Dana and The Cavallo boys. The two main characters are Catlin, who is a physiotherapist by day and a blogger at night and Don who is the oldest son, who runs a bunch of boutique hotels with his three brothers. Both characters have hang ups about love, one has trust issues and one doesn't think he will ever find someone to love him for him. It was a truly special story and I hope the author brings the stories for the rest ...more
Talking Books
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Touched To The Heart by Elsa Winckler was a captivating quick read! Don and Caitlin's characters have some sizzling attraction and the family antics are sentimental and at many times hilarious. You can't help but be swept up in the characters attraction and the many hurdles they face in the story. A story with drama, action and many scorching, feel good moments that light up the pages. Touched To The Heart by Elsa Winckler was a thoroughly enjoyable read.
*ARC Received from the Publisher for an h
Brandy
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an Arc copy for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading this. Its fast pace and the storyline is amazing. This book is about Caitlin Sutherland and Don Cavallo. She is a Physiotherapist and Don owns several Hotels with his brothers. Caitlin meets Don at the Annual Wines to Whales Cycling Race. I highly Recommend this Book its intriguing and keeps you wanting more.
Claudia

full review in June on MWR
Erinne
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
A heart warming story set in South Africa. Full of heart, and characters which you become attached too. Highly recommend.
Valerie
Lisa
Jan 13, 2016
Viv Enzed
Nov 09, 2014

• Sweet Home Alaska (Northern Lights #5)
  • Dark Desire (Dark, #2)
  • The Family He Didn't Expect (The Stone Gap Inn Book 2703)
  • Pregnant by the Maverick Millionaire
  • Cinderella's Prince Under the Mistletoe (A Crown by Christmas #1)
  • The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)
  • Her Forgotten Cowboy (Cowboy Country #9)
  • Rescued by the Perfect Cowboy (The Mountain Monroes #3)
  • Soldier of Her Heart
  • Her Texas Hero
  • Healing the Doctor's Heart
  • A Bridesmaid to Remember (Stop the Wedding!)
  • The Secret Christmas Child (Rescue Haven #1)
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, #1.75)
  • Stranded for the Holidays (Love Inspired)
  • Trapped with the Maverick Millionaire
  • His Unexpected Return (Red Dog Ranch #2)
  • Their Christmas Prayer