Start by marking “History of the Filipino People ” as Want to Read:
History of the Filipino People

History of the Filipino People

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  1,946 Ratings  ·  150 Reviews
637 pages
Published 1990 by Garotech Publishing (first published 1975)

Dyan
This was the textbook that we used in our mandatory Philippine History course in university. I don't know where my copy is now (I need to look for it in some forgotten box somewhere), but I remember how informative this book was, and not in a boring way. I especially liked the section on customs and culture because it was the first time that I had read something that explained certain quirks we Filipinos have. A historian friend of mine once told me that history sometimes depends on the perspect ...more
Karsten Tenaja
yawa di nako mabasa
Cesar Gealogo
Aug 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for individual person who is craving to know the history of the Filipino people. Its a nice book to read throughout and it is filled with valuable information.
Hud-c
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historian buffs
Recommended to Hud-c by: My beloved History Professor
WARNING: Taglish review

History of the Filipino People, is the best history book I've ever read.

HEKASI, Kasaysayan, Social Studies - mga naging paboritong subject ko nung araw. Memorization lang kasi e so di kailangan ng sobrang pag-intindi. Dates lang kung kelan namatay si ganito, piniramahan ang isang kasulatang ganire, ilang barko ang natira sa expedisyon ni Magellan, ilan ang naging girlfriend ni Rizal bago naging sila ni Josephine Bracken, saan pinunit ang sedula etc. Pag kasaysayan, memo
Faye
Nov 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pinoy, miscellaneous
This is the only history book I've read from cover to cover (and it wasn't even required reading in school!).
Veronica Rapacon
Jun 17, 2013 marked it as to-read
so historical
Jennifer Cantiveros
i want to read this book ..
Jeanier Basco
Joshua Inoc
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Vandrei
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i think i need this book because i want to have more knowledge in our Filipino history
Jheii Calara
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: school
Paano ko mababasa?
Junelee Rotoni
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pwede ba to basahin Online ? Thanks sa feedback :)
Jeng
Glendale
Apr 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
Glentot
Nov 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Required reading for my History class back in college. I used to despise reading this because it felt like a chore, knowing that I need to remember details for the exams. I want to read it again and enjoy it this time.
Hayley
Just open this please!
Loisse Aldrey
good for readers.
Rhea Mae
i think this book is amazing
Joselito L
history of the Filipino people 4 67 Aug 14, 2015 08:50PM
  • In Our Image: America's Empire in the Philippines
  • The Philippines: A Past Revisited
  • Bonifacio's Bolo
  • Filipino Prehistory: Rediscovering Precolonial Heritage (Anthropology of the Filipino People, #1)
  • Three Filipino Women
  • Culture and History
  • Murder on Balete Drive (Trese, #1)
  • El Filibusterismo
  • Rizal: Makabayan at Martir
  • The Filipino Heroes League: Sticks and Stones (The Filipino Heroes League, #1)
  • Without Seeing the Dawn
  • The Bamboo Dancers (Filipino Literary Classics)
  • Womenagerie and Other Tales from the Front
  • Heart of Ice (Nancy Drew: Files, #103)
  • The First Filipino
Teodoro A. Agoncillo (November 9, 1912 – January 14, 1985) was one of the pre-eminent Filipino historians of the 20th century. He and his contemporary Renato Constantino were among the first Filipino historians who earned renown for promoting a distinctly nationalist point of view of Filipino history (nationalist historiography). He was also an essayist and a poet.

Life

Born in Lemery, Batangas, Ago
More about Teodoro A. Agoncillo...

Nonfiction Deals

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
    $13.99 $1.99
  • WEIRD: Because Normal Isn't Working
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Man Who Made Vermeers: Unvarnishing the Legend of Master Forger Han van Meegeren
    $14.99 $1.99