Start by marking “Thoughts of a Fractured Soul” as Want to Read:
Thoughts of a Fractured Soul

Read Book

Thoughts of a Fractured Soul

How easy is it to just give up? To tell yourself this is too hard or that you don't deserve something? Corey is fighting these thoughts everyday. He is young, ambitious, and making terrible decisions that set him back further and further from his dreams.

And as Corey reflects on his life through sporadic pieces of insight, the "Thoughts of a Fractured Soul" comes to life.
Published April 28th 2014 by FriesenPress (first published April 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Thoughts of a Fractured Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thoughts of a Fractured Soul

Start your review of Thoughts of a Fractured Soul
Cheska Ibasan
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the books that made me feel like I am in the protagonist's shoes. I felt broken and hopeful as I read Corey's story. The familiarity of the plot made it easy for me to understand what the protagonist is going through.

I admire how the author crafted the characters in the story. The characters were not included in the story for the sake of having characters. Each of them has their own significant role in the story. The characters are the kind of people we see in our everyday life.
Dimitra
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
First of all, I want to thank Goodreads, and Kern Carter for this book that I received as a "first reads" giveaway prize!!! :)
This is my honest review.

When I received this book I was a bit conflicted. I saw the cover and I liked it, it felt weird, I like weird books! :P
When I read the summary I thought that it would be interesting to read it, different, because I am not a huge fan of this kind of stories.
I started reading it and I was confused. But that lasted just a few pages. Then I got to
Caroline
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read-list
I won this as a First Reads on Goodreads
What a fantastic first novel from Kern Carter!! The way this book is written is so different to the majority of books. It is a very clever story, written as the thoughts of the main character- Corey Thomas aka Ace.His thoughts on his life are random,hence the Title of the book and as the story unfolds you begin to get his life story in fragmented parts but underlying it is the futility of his life and lost opportunities.
What I also liked was a glimpse of a
Brittany
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads-wins
I really liked this story. It was a quick read but that is good because it left a lot of room for reflection. I think everyone is able to identify with the character Ace. That feeling of hopelessness, of wanting so much but feeling like it is so unbelievably impossible to obtain. I recommend this book without a doubt. My only qualm is that I felt like I needed more information, I wanted to know what happens next. I feel like I am not ready for the story to be over.
Shellene
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed it! The writing style is different, fractured, and pulls you into the main characters mind, thoughts and feelings. Also forces you to engage and try to fill in the blanks of his life that are purposely left out. It touched me personally and made me reflect upon my own life and decision making abilities. Also the importance of realizing your own potential. Great for all ages, wish it was longer.
Luis
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
Realistic fiction revolving around family drama without much insights.
Catia Lopes
Aug 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Thank you so much for this book, i really enjoyed it.
Great storyline, really well narrated and the the fact that it's non-linear makes it very interesting.
Molly
Jul 12, 2014
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
May 20, 2015
Harshit
rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2018
Indah Hartani
NormaCenva
Deepty
May 29, 2014
Writer and author moving the world forward with words. My motto his #HistoryOrNothing, meaning I will settle for nothing less than forever leaving my mark in literature's history.