Start by marking “The Night Of Knives” as Want to Read:
The Night Of Knives

Read eBook

The Night Of Knives

Veronica Kelly came to Africa to start her life over. Still reeling from her divorce, she is grateful when a handsome stranger invites her to join a tour to visit gorillas in Uganda's wild Impenetrable Forest. A trip that goes desperately wrong when their group is captured by brutal gunmen.

Then one tourist is executed.

And then another.

This is no random kidnapping: their
669 pages
Published 2008 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about The Night Of Knives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Of Knives

Start your review of The Night Of Knives
James
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have a general policy against reading political thrillers that don't involve Jack Reacher. If Reacher's in the mix, I can be sure that any government intrigue is brought down to a level I can understand (which, if I may step outside Reacher canon for a moment, is best summed up by the immortal Punisher quote of "We gotta steal a car. I'm going to MEXICO, and I'm gonna SHOOT THAT GUY in the FACE.")

And, to be quite frank, I'm not this novel's target audience. This novel's target audience, if I'm
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good political thriller based in Africa
Puddle Jumper
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
countries 39 and 40 Uganda and Zimbabwee
Cathy
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Veronica Kelly came to Africa to start her life over. Still reeling from her divorce, she is grateful when a handsome stranger invites her to join a tour to visit gorillas in Uganda's wild Impenetrable Forest — a trip that goes desperately wrong when their group is captured by brutal gunmen.

This is no random kidnapping: her abduction is only the first move in a deadly strategic game. Now she must embark on a wild journey across Africa, to unveil a malignant conspiracy before it consumes
Blood Rose Books
Sep 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Veronica has nothing left for her in America. She has just gone through a divorce with a man who has taken everything from her, though he always had everything before they married. He had the money and the power. Veronica has decided that she needs a big change and challenge, so she moves to Uganda to help with Aids research. She has only been in Uganda a few weeks before she decides that she does not like it their either, she is too used to the luxuries that she had back home. Before she leaves ...more
Jenny
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Set in African countries, including Uganda and the Congo, the author weaves a thrilling tale of political maneuvers and intrigue. The main character Veronica is strong and believable. The story has twists and turns that kept me guessing and worried until the end. I really enjoyed this novel. I've been to Africa and I appreciated Evans' description of the living conditions and the people. I would have happily given this book four stars but the editing was woeful. I will seek out more work for ...more
Mathilda
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
It is clear that I do not do well with fiction about the subject just after finish reading other books about the genocide in Rwanda and the war in the DRC. It is clear that the author did a lot of research about the different countries he uses in the story and tried to use all of his research in the story, but you do reach a point where you so to yourself, to much, and far fetched.... Maybe I just read to much about Africa and Rwanda and must give it a break for awhile, I don't know.
Nimira
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventurous

A novel that's keeps you riveted . The characters are beautifully described, you can picture what they look like. The landscape takes you beyond your imagination. Well written. A must read.
Andrew Sogomo
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
An amazing read. The thrill and suspense was riveting and almost damning. Couldnt keep myself from reading. Jon Evans has a way of making you grow to really care about the characters. I enjoyed it very much
Danita
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it
The plot is interesting and the descriptions of Africa brilliant and accurate. I read a kindle version of the book and the grammar and syntax mistakes were really irritating. It seems to be the problem with many ebooks - I think I must become a proofreader!
Theron Hatch
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoy thrillers that teach me about history, politics, geography, and living conditions in places of the world I've never considered. In this case it's wrapped around Uganda and Congo and surrounding locales. Well written with lots of twists. And free at Feedbooks.
Sue Henson
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting read

This is an edge the seat reading. Very well written , lots of twists and turns. Couldn't put it down.
Christine
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great adventure
Matt
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good
Alison
kindle 368 africa
Cindy
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
L-o-n-g & situations somewhat repetitive but overall keeps interest. Language, gore & sex. TTS-enabled eBook 2013 ...more
Terry
Jul 04, 2011 rated it liked it
I was surprised as this was quite a good read.
Brenda
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the most intense books I've read in awhile. Well written and great story.
Eero
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not exactly your typical escapist thriller. This is scary and relentless stuff that has a gritty real-world feel to it.
Ivivid
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very well written with lot of twists in the story. The climax is bit dull, but overall it's well paced and shows that the author had done his homework.
Eve Woods
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story. One good strong character.
Velvetink
May 30, 2015 marked it as to-read
feedbooks
Tracy
Feb 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Nearly finished.... A good, solid run of the mill thriller made even better by its location (Bwindi Forest / Uganda / Congo). Worth reading if you like thrillers.
Will
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good. Except for the Leatherman fetish.
Thom Eckles
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well done descriptions of endless situations but I did not loose interest
Dana Sahm
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Very good story...would have scored four stars except for the need of some better editing.
Johanna
Aug 06, 2018
Lynda Janne
Jan 21, 2015
Sophia
May 22, 2012
Larry Basden
Jul 14, 2013

• House of Chains (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #4)
  • Lost Voyage (Art Marvik #3)
  • Private Rio (Private, #11)
  • Ghost Wall
  • The Burning Air
  • Open Grave (DCI Jack Lambert, #1)
  • Avatar Book One of Two (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)
  • Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1)
  • Blood on the Tongue (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #3)
  • Stargate SG1: Permafrost (SGX, #2)
  • The Killer on the Wall
  • The Uncanny
  • A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #2)
  • Orphan X (Orphan X, #1)
  • The Plotters