Start by marking “Style Me Vintage: Home” as Want to Read:
Style Me Vintage: Home

Style Me Vintage: Home

(Style Me Vintage)

The Style Me Vintage treatment is now given to homes—real stylish homes feature owners' stories and style notes

Celebrating the perennial interest in incorporating vintage flea-market finds into interior schemes, this book is a feast of retro inspiration. With practical information on how to identitfy and source original vintage homewares, there is also plenty of inspiratio
Published June 1st 2015 by Pavilion (first published March 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Style Me Vintage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Style Me Vintage

Naomi
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OK, I'll admit it. I went into this book as an easy get it out of the way review. What I found was a really cool book for those choosing to style their home in vintage. I was shocked by how much I enjoyed this book.

This book, in the 90 pages I had, was thorough. Complete with:

1) example photos
2) Tips for shopping
3) Room/decorations examples/tips
4) Period inspirations

For those interested in this style of entertaining, it is a must buy.
Stephanie
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I really enjoy the "Style Me Vintage" series, I find them very interesting and intriguing to peruse. This one is really targeted towards European/British market so I doubt I would find it useful if I were wanting to "style my home" vintage with the tips from this book, but they would still be quite useful. I like the pictures and ideas, definitely interesting and worth having a look if you have a thing for "vintage".
Carolyn Page
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a vintage eclectic type person, and this is chock-full of great tips for sourcing vintage pieces and using new materials to create your perfect "vibe". 20s-70s, more than just furniture, it includes wall decorations, kitchenware, and decor placement, as well as colors schemes and tips for dating pieces. Very cool!
Sue
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-garden
Quite an informative book about vintage style, although I found the mix of styles in some of the photographs to be a bit muddy. A lot of that is down to personal taste I suppose, but to me they looked like the 'Before' pictures you see in makeover articles!
Julie G
Jul 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Despite my own complete lack of interest in developing a personal style, I still find a lot of joy in flipping through style books. I'm also a huge fan of vintage items, even though it's not something I'm drawn to for my own clothing or home. Paging through any well-formatted and photographed style book will always interest me, as does historical fashion and home decor. So the Style Me Vintage series is a perfect way for me to spend an hour or two of free time.

Both of these books are incredibly
Abbey
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
I just don't get it. I got this book from the library because we have a lot of antique malls near us and I thought I could get some ideas about updating furniture or artwork. But this book adopted whole periods into a room. for example, a 1920s kitchen. I don't like throwback style. I prefer updating antiques or incorporating them into a room with different styles. The only thing in the book I liked was that she used old office furniture as bedroom drawers. It had the look of old library drawers ...more
Linda
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading through Style Me Vintage: Home, I can say that I am ready to kick up the style a bit in my home!

I enjoyed the way the book was laid out, taking the reader through six decades of vintage style. The photos are engaging and the tips are quite helpful. I was able to narrow down my particular vintage style tastes thanks to the explanations and pictures that accompanied each decade.

All in all - a great book!

** I received a download copy thanks to www.NetGalley.com! **
Donna Maguire
This is a must have buy for anyone who wants to take on and create a vintage look in their homes. It gives ideas and fabulous inspiration for ecah decade chosen so that the reader can recreate the looks with ease at home. It gives tips on where to get the items and what to look out for that makes that period stand out and unique. I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Tera
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great introduction for those looking to use a vintage styling. Focusing mainly from Art Deco in the 1920s to the groovy 1970s. Gives ideas as to colors, textures, and the best accessories to look for.
arc from NetGalley
Terri
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely beautiful book. I have an older home and love vintage style . I am just clueless how to go about it. This book has fabulous ideas through the 1920s to 1970s. She gives sources and advice as well as lovey photos on how to acquire the look you want.
Liselotte
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whenever I need some actual inspiration for my home (that isn't from old magazines) I turn to this one! It has beautiful photos, amazing tips and some amazing homes! I highly recommend it if you want to give your home a vintage makeover :)
Trish
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is really cool book. It shows examples of vintage style from the 1920s to the 1970s. The authors has lots of useful advice.
Linda
Lisa
May 24, 2017
Dana
Apr 15, 2019

Style Me Vintage (8 books)
  • Style Me Vintage: Hair: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Hairstyles
  • Style Me Vintage: Make Up: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Looks
  • Style Me Vintage: Clothes: A Guide to Sourcing and Creating Retro Looks
  • Style Me Vintage: The Complete Guide to Creating a Retro Look: Hair, Make-up, Clothes
  • Style Me Vintage: Weddings: An Inspirational Guide to Styling the Perfect Vintage Wedding
  • Style Me Vintage: Accessories
  • Style Me Vintage: 1940s: A practical and inspirational guide to the hair, make-up and fashions of the 40s