Start by marking “Boy and the Very Lonely Pony” as Want to Read:
Boy and the Very Lonely Pony

Boy and the Very Lonely Pony

A tender & heartwarming tale of friendship, imagination, and adventure!

“A boy is feeling lonely – and so is a white pony fenced in a pasture. But when the two of them take an adventure together, their loneliness melts away! A gorgeously illustrated story that warms the heart.” -BookBub

Do you want to encourage friendship, inspire imagination, and develop a sense of adventur

Published April 26th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Boy and the Very Lonely Pony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boy and the Very Lonely Pony

Start your review of Boy and the Very Lonely Pony
Briar's Reviews
Boy and the Very Lonely Pony is one of the cutest children's read I have picked up in a very long time!

This book I acquired through BookBub's program - it was free, so of course I wanted to pick up another sweet children's read!

The artwork in this book is absolutely STUNNING! The pony on the cover pulled me in and made me want to read it! The style of this book, with soft colours and blended lines was also fantastic. I like this art style so much, so it's nice to see it included in a children's
Angie Thompson
This was a cute story with a sweet premise; I just got a little lost in the execution. Parts of the synopsis never made their way into the story, and because of that, the plot felt a bit lacking. The pony was lonely, and the boy cheered him up, but nothing else really happened, and there was no sense of "why" except the pony's loneliness. Maybe just a few more words and a bit more explanation would have helped?

Devi Nair
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Check out the complete book at Boy and the Very Lonely Pony > Review

This book is so cute that it is the world of cuteness. Reading that book and imagining myself reading it to a 4 year old was a totally amazing feeling.

The book is filled with colors, pictures and drawings which will keep a toddler engaged and it is short enough to not let their attention wander.

The story is light and soft and the book is beautifully Illustrated. A beautiful bed time story.
J.P. Willson
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very cute story about friendship. The drawings are wonderful also.
Clare O'Beara
This is a brightly illustrated daydream story for early readers. A young boy sees a grey pony from his window, but the pony has no company all day. When the moon rises the boy sneaks out to talk to the pony and see what they could do together.

I like the lesson that two can have more fun than one. Young readers can learn a little from the tale as well as having fun starting to read. Vocabulary is simple.

I don't like that the boy doesn't tell his parents where he is going - what family? and does
Jonathan Sandys
It was ok. Not that exciting or enticing...

Enjoyable, but not one I would repeat. Sorry, I just found it a little boring. However, I would be interested in seeing other books but the author. Love the graphics.
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Lonely Boy and Pony

A cute little book about a boy that looks out of his window and sees a pony that seems lonely. He goes and introduces himself to the pony and they become friends.
Pam Graber
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Power of Friendship to chase loneliness away

With beautiful illustrations and kind, gentle words, Junia Wonders tells the story of how a boy's friendship brings joy to a lonely lonely pony. Great bedtime book.
Chandra Vice
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this as a free download and thought maybe it would be nice to read to my niece or nephew. It is so cute! And the artwork is amazing!
Melissa Winden herr
Cute

My daughter loved this story she loved the horse the best. She thought he was great. We will buy more kid stories
Chad Rexin
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good nighttime book for young kids.

Nice illustrations and a fun book to read to small children as a. Bedtime story. One of the books my youngest will sit and listen to.
Amy
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter loved the book. I get the feeling we will be seeing it in her bedtime story rotation.
Nick
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story!

Quick easy read for my elementary aged children. Nice short bedtime story for those nights that they want a book but Mommy is also sleepy.
Ms_Sara
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet book about a friendship that is beautifully illustrated.
Shannon McGee
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horses, 2019
A boy watches a sad and lonely pony from his bedroom window. Like himself, the pony seems to be alone and has nothing else to do. The boy can’t sleep thinking about the pony being all alone so he visits the pony and they go on a journey.

The art is very ethereal and dreamlike which matches the story’s feel. The reader wonders whether the boy is dreaming during his time with the pony. It is a sweet story and I love how empathic the boy is to the pony.

There are some issues I have with the story c
Pam
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
The illustrations are lovely. The storyline shares about a young boy and a pony who are both lonely and trapped in their spaces - bedroom/fenced field. They escape together to go on an adventure.
Open ended discussion - Why are they there? Why did they come back?
Jessica
Ok but wouldn’t read again

This book was okay but I thought the pictures could have been clearer. I also though that it was a little boring for a 3 year old. My sons thought the book was “good”. Nice for free but wouldn’t recommend a purchase.
Gardavson
R

I enjoyed the artistry and the simplicity of the story. I didn't get from reading the story that the boy was bedridden, or particularly lonely. I feel like we were given a nugget but sold a mine.
Liz
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very nice little story with some beautiful artwork, but it felt oddly short, even for a kids book. Not sure if that’s just because I read the kindle version and it went by faster, or of it’s just a super short book. Good read nonetheless.
Abigail Kuhn
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is very cute although it kind of feels as though the story ends abruptly. My girls enjoyed it.
Hyacinth
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I like the colors but the story is kind of melancholy.
Ahad Farooq
Lia Brent
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A sad tale that turns into a sweet friendship. I Iike the questions this book brings up for me. Why is the boy staring out the window all day? Why did the pony appear in the corral outside? Is this story real or just wishful thinking? And, does it matter?

The illustrations by Divin Meir are beautiful for this bedtime story. This book invites the readers to go on this dreamy journey with the boy and the pony as they join forces to explore the world beyond their previous limits.
Jonathan
Jun 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-reads
This is just an okay children's book. The illustrations are good, but the story is lacking. For example, from the title we know the pony is lonely, and we find out the boy is too. No wonder. Where are his parents? They are not even drawn into the background of this book. It does teach a love for animals and empathy for others, so kudos for that.
Lina
The story of to prisoners without anyone to talk to, escaping together and going back due to Stockholme Syndrome.

But no, seriously, it's cute. I just don't get why the boy has to climb out the window. Are the stairs sick too?
RJ
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations are simply beautiful. This is a book that an adult must read to a child. There are lots of opportunities for conversation throughout the story.
The ending was abrupt.
Diana
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story book was full of beautiful full color illustrations, which I loved. I was really enjoying the story and then it suddenly ended! I was disappointed in the storyline and the abrupt ending.
Danni
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-on-ebook
Beautiful pictures, but the story just stopped. Very cute though :-)
Sheree Gibson
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
The story could have been better had the grammatical errors been addressed and corrected.
L.B. Shire
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
For free on Amazon today. Nice pictures and short, sweet story.

• The Awkward Owl
  • Bella's Very Wonderful Day
  • The Lonely Balloon
  • Matt, the Green Cat
  • Goodnight, Swampy the Little Monster
  • Happy Animals
  • Pop the Bubble!
  • The Worst Book Ever: An interactive read-aloud for reluctant readers
  • Willy the Dinosaur & the Magic Cake: Children's book about a dinosaur who learns that sharing is caring
  • Arnold and Louis. Reach For The Stars. Kid's book (age 3-5)
  • The Children of Lir (Ireland's Best Known Stories in a Nutshell Book 1)
  • Say Please, Little Owlet
  • Woody saves the day
  • Rexy the Dinosaur and a New Bike
  • The ABC Animal Picnic
  • I Don't Want to Eat Bugs (Lisbon's Misadventures Book 1)
  • Pete the Cat's Train Trip
  • If My Name Was Amanda
There are two things in this world that I love doing the most: writing and reading children's stories.

When I’m not doing either of these, you might catch me whispering to dragonflies, chasing rolling pumpkins, traveling the world with a giant wheel of cheese, or simply having a cup of tea and cake with a clever little rat, a lonely pony, a couple of riotous retired neighbors, and some kids who, li

News & Interviews