Start by marking “Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)” as Want to Read:
Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)

Return to Newport

(Return to Me #2)

Eve is ready for a clean slate. She nearly lost the love of her life in The Return. Now Eve must confront the people refusing to let her go quietly into her happily ever after with Jake. Returning to Newport to tie up loose ends may be the biggest mistake of her life.

Jake wants one thing – and one thing only – Eve. He is ready to build a life with her, and spend the rest o
Published August 18th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published April 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Return to Newport, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Newport

Start your review of Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
Return to Newport sees Eve and Jake working towards their HEA. But it's not all sunshine and roses for the couple. Especially since Eve must travel back to Newport in order to tie up loose ends. This puts her and Jake in close proximity to all the reasons Eve loathes her life there. Namely one ex-husband who decides that maybe he made a mistake in leaving Eve in the first place. Newport forces Eve and Jake to face demons and try to figure out if love will be enough to keep them together.

I really
cagla tastemur
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
How is this happenned? How can I love the second book even more than the first book of the series? How did I let that go thru me? I think I can find the answer. Because A.L Parks is an amazing writer!

This is why. I was aware that it could be more great than before book of hers but not like this! Oh GOD! JAKE! I Even love you more! Eve is soooooooo LUCKY! After Brad it wasn't easy but she found Jake and her life never be the same. I love it! The End was soo amazing! especially Jake&Brad's conver
Deb
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so happy to receive this ARC in exchange for an honest review! ... Since I didn't read the first book in this series, it took me a little while to figure out the characters & what was going on, but then it just flowed wonderfully and I totally enjoyed this book! ... I also look forward to reading more from this author :) ... I'm not going to spoil the story & just tell you this is a 5 star must read, so add it to your list now so you won't forget later when it's released :) ...more
Lisa Zeigler
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn’t wait to read this sequel to The Return. I was fully engaged in the lives of Eve and Jake and felt so many emotions with their relationship. Again, as in The Return, it brought some painful memories from my marriage/divorce and I could empathize with the couple.

Eve and Jake have many issues to deal with and their relationship suffers. They love each other but their past experiences cause them to think they can’t be enough for each other.

Eve has returned to Newport to resign from her
Mandie Foxylutely
This is the second book in the Return to Me series and I would definitely advise to read book one – The Return, first.

This book picks up where Eve and Jake had resolved their early relationship issues and come to a stage they were ready to move onto. For Eve that meant finally cutting all ties with Newport by ending her job as a Judge and selling up. This still raised some insecurity for Jake as he is still battling with his demons of not being good enough for Eve, so for Eve to go back and be
Jessica Leonard
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review

The story continues and I just love the journey of Eve and Jake. Struggling to realize she deserves a shot a true love Eve finally decides that she needs to finally close a chapter of her life for a new one to begin. That meant leaving the town that she had called home for many years and the status that came with it. Her heart was in Colorado and she needed to follow it. After telling Jake her plan she returned to her hometown o
Annie Welch
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sigh. Jake and Eve. Where do I even begin?

Let me just begin by saying: I read this series in reverse. I read Return To Newport before I read the first book in the series, The Return. I never felt lost or confused, just curious about what happened in the first book. That being said, Return To Newport can be read as a standalone. But, who wants to read out of order when both books are so delicious?

When Eve said that being with Jake was like being on a roller coaster. I couldn't have agreed more. I
Stephanie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in The Return Series and I actually loved this book more than I loved book one!! This book gives us a look into Eve's past life in Newport and solidifies in the reader's mind just why moving away is something she must do to save her sanity!

Between her stuffy friends and a jerk of an ex-husband who is all of a sudden interested in her when she makes an appearance with Jake, Eve struggles to keep her composure.

"Jake's house is just a couple of doors down from mine," Eve st
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
This was a very good love story. This time around we see more of the ups and downs of the relationship of Eve and Jake, how they are still dealing with the demons of their past.
Jake is very unsure of his worth, which we saw in book one, only those demons play a high part in this book.
Eve is back in Newport wrapping things up to move to Colorado and gets sucked into the games her so-called friends play. All the tings they say to her start making her wonder if this relationship will fail too.
Yet,
Sue
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book 2!

I much preferred this one, simply because I got to the bottom of why she had to move away. It was more rounded with information the left me with questions about why was she being so drastic, she would be regretting this I am sure. But I fully understood why the drastic action had to take place.

Sometimes I felt quite frustrated at the both of them, I felt like shouting at them saying "C'mon, listen to each other, you are wasting so much time" but of course, that is all part of
Juli
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eve finally feels like she knows what she wants and she goes to Newport to close that chapter in her life. But she should have known it wouldn't be that easy. The past rears it's ugly head and the friends she had are not willing to let her live in happiness. Her eyes are opened up so much going back to Newport and it re-emphasizes that she is finally doing what is best for her. But problems occur and events try to interfere once again between Jake and Eve. Love this second book! We get so much m ...more
Drue DePompei-Hoffman
I'm so in love with Jake right now. He's surprised Eve in Newport and taken her breath away. But the surprise is on him when he gets a good dose of the so called friends Eve has in Newport. When Eve's ex husband Brad tries out some very underhanded moves that push Jake over the edge.

Eve and Jake continually battle their inner demons, all the while yearning for each other. And just when things are looking up BAM out of now where this book smacks you in the face with a heart stopping twist.

Will Ev
Tanya
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tanya by: Stephanie
Since I read book 1 of this series on Stephanie's recommendation, I felt compelled to continue the series since book 3 (Lauren's Return) is due out in a couple weeks. Started to read when I was in Colorado a few days ago, and coincidentally the book takes place in the Colorado mountains just outside of Denver. With all that, it was a quick, fun read. A bit predictable and storyline was very much on the surface, but it's to be expected with light romance. Overall, I enjoyed it. and it left me wit ...more
Lori Clark
A.L. Parks' books just keep getting better and better. I am honored to have been a beta reader for Return to Newport -- and let me tell you, you need to read this book. Of course, you'll want to start with the first book in the series and soak up some sexy fireman flames which continue to smolder in book two.

The writing is smooth. The story line is unique. The ex-husband needs to take a long walk off a short pier. :)

Bravo Ms. Parks! Can't wait for book #3!
Blushingdivasbookreviews
5 Blushing Stars!!!!!

I am a huge fan of A.L. Parks writing and her ability to weave a wonderful love story! I loved the first book, The Return however this one captivated me even more! The writing flows so nicely that you can get lost inside the story and lose track of all time and what is happening in the "real world". You should read book 1 first, then move on to this beauty. I can't wait for the next book!
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is the second book in the series. Recommend reading book one first.

I love these books but I enjoyed this even more. Jake and Eve are fantastic characters. However I did want to bang their heads together. I love how the author tells the story. I found it to be a gripping read which I read in one sitting.

Super excited to see book three is out this year. Hope we don't have to wait too long.
Karen
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Ups downs drama and excitement. Love romance and a really good love story. Really enjoying this series. It makes you believe in love
Darla
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still amazed with this series!!! Seriously loving Jake & Eve together!!! Can't wait for more!!! ...more
Carrie
Jul 29, 2014
john
Sep 13, 2020

Return to Me (4 books)
  • The Return (Return to Me, #1)
  • Lauren's Return (Return to Me, #3)
  • Returning Home (Return to Me, #4)

News & Interviews