Start by marking “Bounty Hunter Guardian” as Want to Read:
Bounty Hunter Guardian

Diane Burke

Bounty Hunter Guardian

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Everyone believes Amanda Stowe killed her husband--except for a mysterious woman who promises her evidence will clear Amanda's name. Amanda has to meet her...even if it means jumping bail and praying she'll reach Alaska before law enforcement closes in.

If Chance Walker has learned anything as a bounty hunter, it's that only the guilty run. When he captures Amanda, he's rea
Published November 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bounty Hunter Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bounty Hunter Guardian

Melinda
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It had been several years since I read my last Love Inspired Suspense. When they first came out I bought them every month and I have a couple of hundred of these. I was thrilled in the beginning to have something clean to read. Over time I began to tire of them...the sameness...the tired repeated plots. So I found this one in the powder room tonight where one of my daughters had left it and I thought I'd give it a try. I enjoyed it in the beginning but it the more I read the more far-fetched it ...more
Barbara
The suspense is sorely lacking in this entry in the Love Inspired series, as socialite/bail jumper Amanda Stowe tries unsuccessfully to elude bounty hunter Chance Walker in Alaska.

There are several good chapters that involve survival in the harsh Alaskan wilderness with Chance, Amanda, and their treacherous pilot, Santana, that are unfortunately sullied by the arrival of Annie and Joe, two minor characters who disappear from the remainder of the story after they rescue Amanda and Chance. It’s ra
Shirley Worley
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amanda is on the run, having jumped bail after being accused of killing her husband. She is headed straight to Alaska, with a bounty hunter hot on her trail, to meet a mysterious woman who claims to have evidence that will clear her name. But Chance Walker is determined to bring her in and collect the bounty on her head. After all, only the guilty run. After he captures Amanda, who pleads her innocence. He struggles whether or not to believe her, but resists the tug at his heart for this beautif ...more
Michelle
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good. It revolved around a recently widowed woman who is on the run for her husband's murder. The bounty hunter, Chance Walker, doesn't think she's innocent and hauls her back to D.C. At least, he tries to. A plan crash and some other events gives him a clue that perhaps she really innocent.

*SPOILER*

My question is this: What happened to the dead pilot? I know it's not exactly important for this book, but I needed it for my own closure. Did they just leave him out there? Did they ca
Deb Diem
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bounty Hunter Guardian by Diane Burke is a suspenseful, well-written book. Amanda and Chance's story is full of drama, action and amazing characters. Ms Burke has done a masterful job of creating a book that you don't want to put down. I enjoyed Bounty Hunter Guardian and look forward to reading more from Diane Burke in the future. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.

I read a print copy of this book.
Dana
I love this author. This is the third book of hers that I have read, and I could not put it down. It was a clean read with plenty of action and plot twists. Add in strong emotions and solid faith. And I love that her characters are not perfect. Amanda had a couple of moments where she faltered or made dumb choices. It really made her character feel more realistic. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romantic suspense.
Jill Kemerer
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this Love Inspired Suspense. The action never let up, and Amanda's faith even in dire circumstances uplifted me. I found Chance's reactions very believable, and it was easy to fall in love with these two as they fought for their lives. If you're looking for a holiday nail-biter--this is your book!
Ruth
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amanda is fleeing for her life ...and a bounty hunter is chasing her..all she wants is her freedom and to clear her name with the evidence. I never expected the ending...why would someone kill their own relative like that in such cold blood. I've been rooting for the growing romance between Chance and Amanda til the last pages..
Sue Lauzon
Although the Love Inspired series of books can sometimes be a little heavy on the religious side, this was a pretty good book. There were a few things in the book that I just can't see logistically happening but it's fiction right? It's fast paced enough to keep you wanting to read to find out who did it.
Judine Brey
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The in medias re opening was a great set up, but I still felt Amanda and Chance's romance happened too quickly, especially since she was a relatively new widow. Most of the mystery of the killings was well played out, but I would have liked a bit more foreshadowing to really sell the ending.
Jacquie
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book that did keep me in suspend. Once again I thought I had everything figured out and got almost to the end to fond out I didn't have it figured out after all. Another great read for me.
Nina
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good, I did not want to stop reading. From the start to the finish it will get you spellbound!

Great characters! Loads of action and suspense, a really great read. I have not read any books by this author before, but will be looking for her now!
Alyssa
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really good. Occasionally, the main female character seemed too dumb. Other than that, it had a surprise twist and a great ending.
Glenda
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For me, the author proved herself again. Great twist of the story and the mystery keeps me guessing as who did it. Great read!
Christina
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the suspense that was weaved. A great plot too. Diane Burke is a great author. I can see that now by reading her books.
Lonnie
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Plane sabotaged. Crashing in the Alaska wildness. Someone trying to kill them. This read like an action packed movie!
Christina
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book blew my mind the first time I read it but this time I was in a fit of pure delight. This is what I call good reading material.
Bookworm1
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so dramatic!!!!!!!!!!!! and there were like five kissing scenes. AWESOME!!!
4rocks
Sep 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational yes, suspenseful no.
Cathy
cynthia
Apr 04, 2017
Mellanie C
Jul 04, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
« previous 1 3 next »