Start by marking “Das jüngste Gericht (Star Trek: Vanguard, #7)” as Want to Read:
Das jüngste Gericht (Star Trek: Vanguard, #7)

Das jüngste Gericht

(Star Trek: Vanguard #7)

Operation Vanguard hat zahllose Leben riskiert und ganze Welten geopfert, um die Geheimnisse der Shedai zu entschlüsseln, einer verschwundenen fremdartigen Zivilisation, deren Technologie die Zukunft der Galaxis formen kann. Nun haben die Bemühungen der Sternenflotte die rachsüchtigen Shedai aus ihrem äonenlangen Schlaf geweckt.
Während die Taurus-Region in Gewalt versinkt,
Published June 15th 2012 by Cross Cult (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Das jüngste Gericht, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Das jüngste Gericht

Start your review of Das jüngste Gericht (Star Trek: Vanguard, #7)
Terence
Nov 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ST novel fans
Shelves: sf-fantasy, star-trek
What Judgments Come is the penultimate chapter in the ST: Vanguard series. There’s nothing terribly wrong with this installment but I can’t help feeling that much of it is filler. The only plotline resolved is the fate of Diego Reyes, the disgraced commander of Vanguard who was court martialed, kidnapped by Klingons, and eventually wound up a prisoner aboard the Orion ship Omari-Ekon. The effort to understand the Shedai continues with Ming Xiong’s and Dr. Marcus’ attempt to contact the Shedai Wa ...more
C.T. Phipps
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT JUDGMENTS COME is a pretty entertaining installment of the STAR TREK: VANGUARD series that follows up the situation of Commodore Reyes. When last we left him, he'd been disgraced and forced to seek refuge on an Orion pleasure cruise ship. Now asked to spy on his "hosts", he is in a situation where every action could get him killed. It's an exciting spy adventure and while not a great movement in the major plotlines, is something that had me ready to buy the next one immediately. Sadly, this ...more
Bjoern
Victor
Jan 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As bland as this book was, I didn't hate it. There's a mess of subplots that feel totally disconnected from the happenings with the Shedai and Starbase 47, but they're short and easily skippable. It definitely feels like the book before the last book in a series. Everything is put in place for a big climactic conclusion. It's looking more and more like reading this series wasn't the best investment, but maybe it can at least have the decency to end well.

Whatever, they're Star Trek books. I shoul
Nicky2910
Christopher Riley
Nowhere near as readable as the David Mack books, far too wordy. A third of the pages could have been saved just by not telling us how funny a character finds a non-joke, "he chuckled to himself, finding the comment humorous despite the grave nature of the situation in which everyone found themselves"*

Looking forward to the Mack finale, as I have overall enjoyed the series, and the way it has tied various threads of TOS together, both show and movies.

*Not a real quote, but it damn well could be.
Mike McDevitt
It's hard to blame a Starfleet scientist for trying to investigate, communicate, and sooth consciences about incarceration/maybe torture... but, darn it! Ming Xiong's capture of the Shedai Wanderer in Precipice was dope! Now, a very short while later, he starts poking the genie in the lamp to see if it's o.k... which lets it out to rampage again! Easy come, easy go. Like the planet of galactic peace.
John Mosman
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
The 7th book in the series continues the saga: Determining if the Federation can secretly learn how to communicate and use the unimagined power of an ancient civilization, try to keep the peace between The Federation, Klingons and everyone else in the Taurus Reach. This book is just fun, well written Star Trek stuff!
John R. Goyer
Maybe I'm scoring this volume a bit low, based on how good the series was previously. This volume starts off a bit slow and uncertain, manages to be excellent near the 2/3rds mark, and falls into a bit of repetition near the end. We need some fresh material and epic story telling pretty soon to save this series. I'm starting volume 8 and hoping...
Adam
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
What Judgments Come is faced with the unenviable task of moving the large number of Vanguard chess pieces in place for what is clearly going to be a finale of epic proportions. Yet despite a rather arduous start (the introduction of the Defiant crew really ground the novel to a halt for me), Ward & Dilmore's penultimate Vanguard opus finds its feet and successfully carries a number of ongoing plotlines to rather interesting conclusions.

Judgments weaves in and out of four primary storylines: Reye
Fiona
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coming to the end of the series this book focused mainly on the characters and the relationships between peoples and species and not so much on the plot.
Christopher Leto
Good.

Good book. Liked it. Good honorable people fighting for good. Read whole series. You like. Seriously. Reyes Rules. Screw trump.
Paul Lunger
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half of the 2 part finale for Vanguard is essentially a frame story that begins as a conversation between an exiled Diego Reyes & Tim Pennington who has been hunting him down since the end of Operation Vanguard & the events surrounding Starbase 47. For this installment it's the memories of Diego Reyes who tells his side of events as the quest to uncover the what or who the Shedai are & how to stop them. Ward & Dilmore do their usual excellent job of continuing to explore events within ...more
Jonne Steen Redeker
With not one but two Sharda i prisoners including the destructive wanderer everything seems pretty good on the vanguard front! But looks may be deceiving.

When the crew starts experimenting to communicate with their Shedai prisoners the risks go up, and much may be lost. In the meantime there’s pain all around among our heroes after the tragic conclusion of declassified. Survivor’s guilt isn’t the norm while the final stage setting of the vanguard conflict is almost concluded, the worst is yet t
Terry
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 1
Shelves: sci-fi-read
The Vanguard series has descended into boredom with stupid plot changes,too many "intimate" moments of tiresome soul searching and unbelievable character actions that denigrate the overall series. Also...what about the "Organians" who stopped an impending Klingon-Federation conflict. It is totally glossed over; mentioned subsequently as an after thought. Very disappointing and indicative of the profit-driven motivation for producing as many books as possible without proper editorial oversight.
Jimyanni
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This is the second-to-last book in the series, and it's a pretty good read. I don't much care for the frame story format, but other than that it had very little to be said against it. It's not great, but not bad at all and if you've enjoyed the previous six books in the series, you won't want to miss this one. If you haven't read the others, this is no place to start, and if you read them and didn't care for them, there's no reason to think you'll like this one any better.
Mario
Almost to the end...

I have to say, when I picked up the first book of the Vanguard series, I didn't think anything special of it. I just thought I'd be reading another licensed ho hum novel. Several books later, I have never been more glad to have been wrong. Get these books. If you're a Trekkie, read them. A fan of sci-fi? Pick them up. Wanting to try something different if you don't fit into the first two categories? Here you go. You're welcome.
Glenn Crouch
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
Enjoyed this penultimate book in the Vanguard series - and shall start the final book later this month.

I like how throughout this series we have gotten detailed backstories for things that happened in the Original Series - and in this one we get to know the Defiant Crew a bit better before their fate as seen in "The Tholian Web" episode.

Plus I must admit I enjoyed seeing some background for a place used in Star Trek v :)

Good read but you do need to have read the previous books...
Tom
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished [I]What Judgements Come[/I] by Dayton Ward the 7th in the Star Trek:Vanguard series. The author moves the story along setting up the finale in the final book [I]Storming Heaven.[/I] This was slightly better than previous books in the series with less rehash of books 1-6. There are a number of loose ends that the author needs to resolve. It will be interesting to see how he does it.
Andrew
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick, fun read that sets the stage for the grand finale in Storming Heaven. My only (minor) complaint is that the cover doesn't seem to match the description of the Lovell exploding. It's an awesome cover though. ...more
Arlomisty
May 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Great series... this is the next to the last...the story has been building and the next book should be out of control! What I like about this Star Trek series the best is that all the characters are created by the authors... there are no characters from any of the TV or movie series. (there are guest appearances of course)
Philip McClimon
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like part of the crew or old friends

I have read all the books in the Vanguard series up to this point and by now all the characters seem like old friends. The world is immersive and large. I will eagerly finish this series and then regret that it's over. Great Star Trek drama.
Dan
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All-in-all, another excellent entry in the Vanguard saga! I fear for the lives of the remaining characters, but I can't wait to see where this all ends up.

Full review: http://treklit.blogspot.com/2011/11/w...
CJ
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
300+ pages of set up for the grand finale.
Jd
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great addition to the series. I thought it took a little while to get going, but once it did it was great.
David
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Sad to see this series coming to an end, but the penultimate book is a good one! A bit slower than I would have liked, though that might just be my general mood right now.
Evan Wood
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
I found it a bit of a slow start, but what a ride in the second half!
Robert Lewter
Good read...
Lee
Jan 10, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: ASIN B004QWZ5P8 2 16 Apr 29, 2013 05:18PM

• Harbinger (Star Trek: Vanguard, #1)
  • Second Nature (Star Trek: Seekers, #1)
  • Long Shot (Star Trek: Seekers, #3)
  • Desperate Hours (Star Trek: Discovery #1)
  • Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War
  • The Way To The Stars
  • Fear Itself (Star Trek: Discovery #3)
  • A Time to Be Born (Star Trek: A Time to... #1)
  • A Time to Die (Star Trek: A Time to... #2)
  • Resistance Reborn (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #1)
  • The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard
  • The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Collateral Damage
  • Howl, Kaddish and Other Poems
  • The Night Screams
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray
  • At the Edge of the Universe
  • Bloodchild
Dayton is a software developer, having become a slave to Corporate America after spending eleven years in the U.S. Marine Corps. When asked, he’ll tell you that he left home and joined the military soon after high school because he’d grown tired of people telling him what to do all the time.

Ask him sometime how well that worked out.

In addition to the numerous credits he shares with friend and co

Star Trek: Vanguard (9 books)
  • Harbinger (Star Trek: Vanguard, #1)
  • Summon the Thunder (Star Trek: Vanguard, #2)
  • Reap the Whirlwind (Star Trek: Vanguard, #3)
  • Open Secrets (Star Trek: Vanguard, #4)
  • Precipice (Star Trek: Vanguard, #5)
  • Declassified (Star Trek: Vanguard, #6)
  • Storming Heaven (Star Trek: Vanguard, #8)
  • In Tempest's Wake (Star Trek: Vanguard, #9)

News & Interviews