Start by marking “Getting Lucky (Fortune, Colorado, #1)” as Want to Read:
Getting Lucky (Fortune, Colorado, #1)

Getting Lucky

(Fortune, Colorado #1)

Welcome to Fortune, Colorado—where the air is clean, the men are rugged, and the all the good ones… are bachelors.

Born into the infamous Charlemagne equestrian empire, Shannon has been raised to do whatever it takes for the family business. Even if it means going undercover and digging up dirt on a competitor. It's easy enough when she believes he's a bad guy whose success
Published April 21st 2015 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Getting Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Lucky

Lisa Filipe

I'm sorry...was there more to this book than just the Sexy as Sin, Black Irish Sean Muldoon? Really? I must have not been able to see past the page where Shannon meets Sean for the first time.....ohhhh mama!! Did I ever tell you I have a thing for guys with accents? Yea...Sean Muldoon definitely does it for me...Very Tom Hardy-esque!

So sorry...moving on...the book...GETTING LUCKY...quite the fun start to a new series from Jennifer Seasons, an Avon Romance author that came onto the scene with he
Ann Lorz
If you haven't yet read a story by Jennifer Seasons then you don't know what you're missing. She writes good stories with characters you like to read about...yes I'm talking about Sean!

Don't judge me, wait until you reading Getting Lucky then you'll know what I'm talking about!

I think you'll really like Shannon (just not as much as Sean Haha!) she's a really good person put in a bad position. At time what she does gets on my nerves, but then I know that for the story line, it's necessary.

I thin
Stacee
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Interesting enough plot, but there was definitely something lacking.

Shannon and Sean were decent enough as MCs. Both were a little clichéd, but somehow it worked. The best part was her sister, Colleen. The set up was good, but then everything seemed really rushed. And the ending was reaaaaally unbelievable.

A quick read, but I won't be reading any others in the series.

**Huge thanks to Avon Impulse and Edelweiss for providing the arc in exchange for an honest review**
FicCentral
FicCentral.com

Shannon's family fortune and legacy are in trouble, and if someone doesn't out the competition for cheating, they'll lose everything. Always under her cold father's thumb, Shannon is pushed into spying, snagging a job at Sean Muldoon's ranch to catch him in the act and redeem the Charlemagne name in the world of horse racing.

But the Sean she meets is nothing like the man her father purports him to be. He seems above board in everything, and even Shannon's occasional snooping turns up nothing sus
Danielle
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
If you're looking for a light and fluffy read then Getting Lucky is definitely for you... Unfortunately I was hoping for a little more. With the hero being on the run from the Irish mob I expected a lot more drama and suspense, and instead what I got was a cute read with no real depth. Not that I didn't enjoy it, because I did... I was just hoping for more.

Shannon, being the dutiful daughter that she is, is on a mission to dig up dirt on Sean and his horses. She, of course, isn't expecting the i
Bette Hansen
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great blend of romance and suspense with a hunky Irish horseman thrown in. Yep, I'm happy!! Really enjoyed this one. A great beginning to a new series and I am looking forward to the next book! In this book Sean Muldoon (the newly found brother of Peter Kowalskin from Diamonds and Dugouts series) is living in Colorado, keeping his life simple and hoping his past in Ireland doesn't catch up with him. Shannon Charlemagne shows up applying for his stable manager job and keeping a few secrets of her ...more
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)

3.5 Stars

Shannon Charlemagne's family is famous in equestrian circles, going back several generations and Shannon has been brought up to always put the business first, even if it requires her to go undercover to infiltrate a competitor's business and dig up dirt to be used to discredit the competitor. Shannon is the obedient and amenable of the Charlemagne daughters, the people-pleaser and the pressure of her living up to her father's demands has her constantly anxious and battling panic attacks
Amanda (Hootie) Clark

What a way to introduce us to the Fortune Colorado series than the story of a darkly sexy Irishman running from the mob and a woman who is tired of being used by her family, sent to spy on said Irishman.

After a bet gone wrong and a vicious beating, Sean flees Ireland to the mountains of Fortune Colorado with his prized horse where he has built up a racing/stud empire that is slowly siphoning business from another wealthy horse racing champion. This is where Shannon comes in, when he father send
Mignon Mykel
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a review copy of title through Tasty Book Tours in exchange for an honest review; original post with excerpt(s)/quote(s) can be found at:

The one story trope that typically isn't my favorite is that of deception. I don't care how good the intentions are, I just don't believe that a relationship can possibly form and last when it was built off of lies...

...but in the case of GETTING LUCKY, I'll let that slide. Not because Shannon's secrets and Sean'
Gaele
The first of a new series, Getting Lucky by Jennifer Seasons is a contemporary romance with a decided small town feel. Just the sort of story laden with characters and potential stories to come that will reel readers in and keep them waiting for more. Particularly if the writing and characters continue to defy conventionally expected norms that I want in my romances.

Starting off with a plot that requires some deception, I was wondering if Seasons would be able to pull a romance off with two cha
Ara Prado
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARA’S NOTE:

This is the first novel of Jennifer Seasons that I've read, but I can confidently say that I will be reading all of her previous releases. She caught me by surprise with Getting Lucky, and I loved every single page of it.

SYNOPSIS:

Defying Tradition Allisia Wysong
Can I get an Amen! I have finally died and gone to heaven because we have two of my favorite kind of men wrapped up in one in this book. An Irish Cowboy! I am sure others have written this type of hero but this is the first book I have read with him in it. Jennifer captures the feeling of Dublin, Ireland very well too. When I was there I saw the ruff parts and the privileged areas. Irish men are so sexy and the thing is that most know it too. I liked that even though Sean knows he is hot and tha ...more
Bambi Unbridled
3.5⭐/3 flames.

This was a light fun start to a new series set in smalltown Colorado. Our male lead, Sean, is truly swoonworthy - a Black Irish lad with coal black hair, striking green eyes surrounded by lush lashes, and an applebottom to boot. I m pictured him as a rugged Colin Farrell. And Shannon, the auburn-haired freckled lass, well that's me of course. We are just missing that she should have a head full of unruly curls like me. Oh, and I don't come from money and privilege, or know a thing
Kassiah
2 stars.

This review is also posted on Pretty Sassy Cool.

This is kind of a fun twist in what we’re used to seeing in that the girl is the one who decides to infiltrate the “enemy’s” camp. When Shannon’s family name is in trouble, she decides to get a job at the competition’s ranch to catch them in their suspected cheating. When she gets the job, she totally doesn’t expect enemy number one Sean to be so honorable, not to mention so hot. Sparks were flying from the moment they met.

Sean was the star
Stephanie
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, contemporary
This is my first experience with Ms. Seasons' books. I love when a book blends a douse of mystery and romance. I also have a thing for Irish characters so when I read the synopsis of Ms. Seasons' Getting Lucky, I thought this is a book for me. In all seriousness though, I appreciated the kick off to a brand new series and I look forward to investing more time with Fortune, Colorado.

I truly believe the first book of any series is the hardest to read and must be the hardest to write. As a reader,
Clare O'Beara
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fun read about a racing family in America whose fortunes are unaccountably on the wane. One daughter of the family is pushed by her sister and father into applying for the job of stable manager with their main rival in Colorado. He's an incomer from Ireland and doesn't know the quiet girl, who has been prompted to display her personal assets so this sexy single guy will hire her.

We learn that not every winner is doped but some bosses gamble too much. We also learn that if the theft of
Karen
Apr 18, 2015 rated it liked it

This is a fast paced romance with a dose of suspense. In the world of horse racing, Shannon is brow-beaten by her controlling father into accepting a job as stable manager for his main competion, Sean Muldoon, where he expects her to act as a spy. Her family has been top racing competitors for years, but now they are having serious financial problems. As she gets to know her new boss, she begins to have doubts that Sean is cheating at racing and they both become attracted to each other
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from Tasty Book TOurs in exchange for an honest review and as part of this book's blog tour promotions.

I like light contemporary romance novels because they provide hours of entertainment without the emotional roller coaster that I usually get from the darker books that I tend to read. Getting Lucky from Jennifer Seasons is such a book that even with cliched main characters and a common premise, it still was a book that I definitely enjoyed.

Of course, if you've rea
Chelsea
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Getting Lucky was a fantastic story with a blend of romance, excitement, and humor. The only issue that I had with this book is how it ended (not the epilogue ending), but the overall plot ending. I felt like it was very anti-climatic. I was expecting something exciting and it was just kinda.... a let down. It wasn't bad, I just didn't think it was really believable.

Shannon was someone who just wanted to find out who she really was, and to finally make a stand for herself, and through her love f
Carra
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
I can never resist a story where the main male character is a hot and sexy Irishman with a troubled past. Sean was the biggest draw for me in this story, and he makes for an amazing male lead. Kind-hearted, protective, strong...and did I mention hot and sexy? Yeah, well with Sean it's worth mentioning again.

The female lead, Shannon, was a bit weak at the start of the story, but as time goes on she becomes stronger and able to stand up for herself. It does bug me that she's willing to do her fath
Geri
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story is the perfect combination of romance with mystery. I look forward to many more stories from Fortune and learning about more of the characters. Shannon has grown up with privilege, but it has come at a price to her and she is about to learn just how high it is. Her father excepts nothing less than full cooperation and will not stop until he receives it from both Shannon and her sister. The horse world is one that does tend to have some mystery to it and this empire is no exception. Se ...more
Erica
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read another of Jennifer Seasons's books, and I fell head over heels for it. I was excited for this series to begin, and Getting Lucky is the perfect start for the series! I read this one in a day, and already I am counting down for book 2.

A love story, the Irish mob, and horses - what more do you need? Getting Lucky was a whirlwind to read and I loved everyone moment. Shannon and Sean had me rooting for both of them the entire time.

I'm excited for the next book, and I'm hoping the third book
Jen
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great start to a new series set in a small town of Colorado! Besides Sean and Shannon's story, we are also introduced to the other characters in the series whose stories are coming up next. The story is a light read, even the suspense portion of it is pretty light. There is plenty of sexiness with it being dirty and you will definitely drool over Sean. The book is not that long, and their relationship develops very fast, but overall is an enjoyable read. I really liked Apple and I can't wait to ...more
Sanaa Z.
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Very light read :)

~`°•°`~~`°•°`~~`°•°`~~`°•°`~~`°•°`~

description

Follow my Blog & Facebook for more posts!
Jenn Cunha
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: signed, own
An adorable story with romance, intrigue, and delightful mix of cowboy and Irishman. I really need to see what happens with Apple and Jack, tough....like stat.
Christina
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Irish men✔
Cowboys ✔
mobster to stir things up✔
Josephine
I found the pacing really slow and I wasn't overly engaged by the premise or the heroine. This was a DNF for me.
Janeiowa
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was an ok storyline...if you like stories of the Irish mafia, crooked horse breeders, hits put on people, etc. This is not the essence of what I want in a novel.

Wendy Goodnight
Jan 09, 2016
Laurie
Aug 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
A few of Jennifer's favorite things...
The first crisp snowfall of winter.
The feel of chunky yarn against her fingers as she knits.
Chocolate.
The sound of her children's laughter.
Chocolate.
Early mornings when the air is richly scented with Earth.
Kittens!
The sparkle in her husband's eye.
Chocolate.
Sipping a cup of hot tea while the sun rises gently.
The gooey goodness of a fresh baked cookie.
And m

Fortune, Colorado (3 books)
  • Talking Dirty (Fortune, Colorado, #2)
  • Playing Rough (Fortune, Colorado, #3)