Start by marking “The Warrior's Touch ” as Want to Read:
The Warrior's Touch

The Warrior's Touch (MacEgan Brothers #4)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  458 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Connor MacEgan is a fighter; it's in his blood. But when his hands are crushed in a brutal attack, he finds he may never wield a sword, or touch a woman, ever again.

He becomes reliant on Aileen A" Duinne, whose determination matches his, for Aileen can no more ignore a person in pain than Connor can stop being a warrior.

But she also holds a secret, one of passion and decep
Paperback, Harlequin Historical #866, 304 pages
Published September 2007 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warrior's Touch

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

**Minor Spoilers**

My Review:

I have to say, I’ve really enjoyed the books in this series, and The Warrior’s Touch is no exception. I can’t really explain what makes them so good except that for shorter stories, the plot and the characters are very well defined.

In The Warrior’s Touch we meet Connor MacEgan, a warrior with a deadly reputation, and a man who can charm any woman into his bed. Deirdre decides that she wants his attentions and wants him to wed her, but Connor isn’t interested. However,
Lisarenee
Jun 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this one a 3 out of 5. While an entertaining read it wasn't my favorite of Willingham's books. About a town with a pagan harvest festival in which an "innocent" couple are brought together for well you can guess. When the original female bows out because her betrothed is upset Aileen secretly takes her place. She attempts to tell him the next morning, but he doesn't listen. Jump 7 years into the future and Aileen is now in charge of healing Connor. He still doesn't know it was her that ni ...more
Adeselna
Jan 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
I was just looking for some light novel to read while I was writing an essay in German and when I saw this one Vivi Annas name crossed my mind, but I find Willingham more serene. It's a good book if your brain is empty, but if you read it thinking it'll be a great Historical Novel stop here!
Alisha
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.85
ShortyS
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I couldn’t get warm with this one.

*** Beware! Some minor spoilers ahead! ***

Deidre wants to marry Connor but he rejects her, so she tells her father that Connor raped her to take revenge and force the marriage. Deidre’s father and his men crush Connor’s hands because he believes his deceitful daughter over his former friend.
Aileen nurses him back to health as good as she can, even if technically she isn’t allowed to heal in her tribe. After some misfortune she is believed to be cursed,
HÜLYA
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Şifalı Eller Michelle Willingham

Bu ayki Harlequin Hayranlari'in Historical Serisi olan Şifali Eller harika bir hikayedi çok beğenerek okuduğumu belirtmeden geçemeyeceğim..Veee yazar gün geçtikçe daha da zevk alıyorum Michelle Willingham'ın kaleminden..

Bu seriye bayıldım yazara da öyle her kitabını büyük bir zevk ile okuyorum..ama bu sefer çeviride harikaydı hiç soluk almadan okudum diyebilirim..Teşekkürler Harlequin Yayınları bu sefer de harika bir iş çıkartmışsınız..

Kısaca hikayeye gelirsek :

Mc
İnci Puyan
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it

MacEgan Kardeşleri serisinin 4. kitabı Şifalı Eller...
Hani bazen kitap isimleri ile kitap konuları pek alakasız olur ya bunda tam tersi.. Bu kitaba bu isimden daha uygun bir isim olamazdı.

Yazarın kalemine veya diline dair yorumda bulunmayacağım çünkü diğer iki kitabını yorumlarken ne kadar iyi bir dili olduğundan ve ne kadar sevdiğimden bahsetmiştim.

Kitap, diğer okuduğum iki kitabına (Yasak Tutkular, Acılarla Gelen) göre daha durgundu yani savaşsızdı... Çü
Netanella
Jul 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-medieval
An 11th century medieval romance set in Ireland, The Warrior's Touch centers around the warrior Connor, whose hands were cruelly smashed for an unjustified seduction, and the healer Allison, whose skills at healing are questioned by her tribe when the chieftain's immaturely born infants die under her care. The novel contained many elements not typically found in romance but typical of the times - the tragic loss of innocent children to the plague, superstitious beliefs, loss of limb and the cons ...more
Nessa
Mar 04, 2016 rated it liked it
This is my second Willingham book and I have to say, the author really knows how to make the heroine feel like shit (literally mental abuse) based on the hero's sharp tongue. Swear my heart aches whenever the hero shoots the heroine down with his painful words and callousness.

But I am a sucker for those moments BUT like the previous book of the series I feel like the author didn't deliver the right scenarios and emotions to repair the kind of pain or emotional damage.

Trust me I have read a lot
Claudia
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Connor MacEgan, a warrior with a deadly reputation, and a man who can charm any woman into his bed. Because of his reputation and false accusations, Connor is brutally attacked and his hands and are crushed. By crushing his hands the attackers took from Connor what was most important to him - his ability to wield a sword.

Connor is found wounded, almost dead, and is taken by Aileen, the woman who was healer for her tribe. Aileen has been forbidden to practice because of a series of deaths that ha
Melis
Apr 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Şunu söyleyebilirim ki bütün kardeşler iyiydi, kitap güzeldi. Ama ama ama ne kadar Patrick sinirlerimi bozsada onu daha çok beğendim. Yani ne Bevan ne de Connor hoşuma gitti. Yani Bevan'ı sevmememin nedeni ha bire karısını hatırlaması -ki buna lafım yok. İnsan sevdiğini kaybedince kendini kötü hisseder ama bu biraz abartıydı ki en sonda karısının ölü olmadığı ortaya çıkınca zavallı Genevie'yi başından attı. Bu benim sinirlerimi bozdu. O yüzden 3. kitap pek iyi değildi. 4. kitaptaki Connor ise ço ...more
Kay
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
4 Stars! ~~~ Aileen has been in love with Connor since she was 16 and he'd fostered in her village. They shared a night of passion, only Connor thought the woman he made love to was another, a girl he seen in a passionate embrace with another man the next morning. Ten years later, Aileen is shocked to find Connor unconscious and horribly beaten, his hands terribly crushed. As a healer, Aileen must mend Connor and not only is his future at risk but her own, for is she fails she'll be banished fr ...more
Mary Craven
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given my first Michelle Willingham title by Michelle herself at a Book Expo. Little did I know this new author (to me anyway) would soon be a favorite. I love that the books interconnect the family and their stories. How many times have we finished a book and wonder "what happened to these characters I have grown to love?" I love history and romance and these books are the perfect pairing.
Becca
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
James of the Heather is the ninth son of the Laird and was thrown out at his birth. With the death of his eight older brothers he comes to help his father and maintain the relations with the neighbors. A rather drab historical fiction, that doesn't really linger in my memory for long.
Maggie Hesseling
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I really liked this one. I'm a big Willingham fan, but this one is definately one of my favorites. I absolutely loved these characters and couldn't help but be sucked into their story as well as the trials they were facing. I'll definately be rereading this one again!
Crystal
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This series has been very good. I particularly enjoy that the characters come across as real, believeable people with real issues. And that the issues aren't glossed over with magical sex. The relationships are volitile and unpredictable up until the very last pages.
Canan  ^^
Mar 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ahh benim garibim..Connor'a yer yer çok üzüldüm ama çokda değil :)
güzel bir hikaye daha..
Sbatdorf
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Wounded warrior finds his way back to life and love.
Tracy's Place
3.5 out of 5
Karen
I am loving this MacEgan series. Michelle Willingham is a favourite author of mine and I'm never disappointed by her stories.
Rachel Graft
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
On to Book 4 of The MacEgan Series. Book 3 was great. This is a great series. Michelle Willingham is a great author.
Rozabella
Jan 03, 2015
Shelley
May 25, 2011
  • Viking Warrior, Unwilling Wife
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • Taming the Wolf (de Burgh, #1)
  • In the Master's Bed
  • Lord Greville's Captive
  • The Admiral's Penniless Bride
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • Pregnant by the Warrior (Warehaven #1)
  • The Piratical Miss Ravenhurst (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #6)
  • The Vanishing Viscountess
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • The Warrior (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • Secret Thunder (Perigueux Family #1; Lords of Conquest, #3)
Rita® Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: www.michellewillingham.com or interact with her on Facebook at ...more
More about Michelle Willingham...

MacEgan Brothers (7 books)
  • Her Warrior Slave (MacEgan Brothers, #1)
  • Her Warrior King
  • Her Irish Warrior
  • Taming Her Irish Warrior
  • Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6)
  • Warriors in Winter (MacEgan Brothers, #7)