Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 1: Revolutions of Terror” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 1: Revolutions of Terror

Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 1: Revolutions of Terror

(Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor #1)

THE TENTH DOCTOR IS BACK, IN AN ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES! NEW COMPANION! NEW FOES! UNFORGETTABLE NEW HORIZONS! ALLONS-Y!

Two strangers: the Doctor, charming, eccentric Time Lord with a past as dark and heavy as a black hole; Gabriella Gonzalez, waitress and wannabe artist with a future dragging her down like lead chains.

Hurled together by a wave of psychic horror haunting New
Published March 31st 2015 by Titan Comics (first published March 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Alejandro
Absolutely awesome!

This is a hardcover TPB edition collecting the “Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor” #1-5, published by Titan Comics, which features the storyline “Revolutions of Terror” (issues #1-3) (giving title to the TPB) but also the smaller story “The Arts in Space” (issues #4-5).

Creative Team:

Brooklyn, New York. October 30-31 (undefin
Callie Rose Tyler
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, doctor-who
This was a disappointment.

The first story introduces us to the new companion, Gabby. She lives in present day Brooklyn, is young, and has Mexican roots. Her family owns a restaurant and a laundry mat, and her father is pressuring her to carry on the family businesses, but Gabby has a passion for art. Gee, I've never heard this before. A Mexican father who is controlling and set in his ways...a young girl who loves art but is being forced to pursue business...

To make matters worse the featured al
Jim
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Mmmmm it was ok. As a huge Doctor Who fan, i expected something a little bit better. Its not bad though, there are some good moments with the 10th Doctor which reminds you something of the show
Sabrina
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first graphic novel as an adult and I really enjoyed it. It had a similar feeling to the TV show. I'll be reading the rest of the series too.
LibraryDanielle
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I loved, loved, loved, Gabby as a companion. I wish that they had give with her in the show rather than Clara (yes I know I'm jumping Doctors). Gabby had more depth and personality and I found her so much more interesting.
Gabby meets The Doctor when he is investigating a psychic terror plaguing her neighborhood. As a good companion Gabby helps the Doctor figure out what is going on and Dave Earth. And, again of course, he takes her to see wonders.
They did a perfect 10 on this GN. He's a bit lo
David
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-books
Meh.
Meagan
3.5 The artistic style didn't really jell well with me I didn't like it at all. I did like the second book where the companion was drawing stuff. The story was okay, not all that interesting however. The only good thing though was the author seemed to capture Ten very well.
Shaitanah
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lovely addition to Ten's adventures (though I'm not entirely sure just when this is set: the first issue made me think it was right after Journey's End, but then I started having doubts). If Ten hadn't regenerated in End of Time, I could easily see this as series 5 of the actual show. Ten's voice is spot-on and Gabby makes for an interesting and lively companion. I loved her perspective on the Doctor and her diary in the second story. The stories are just as intense, a little bit crazy but ult ...more
David Edmonds
Well, for fans of the Tenth Doctor, this is going to be a pleasant surprise. I wasn't quite sure what to expect going into a comic book adventure for 10, but I've got to tell you, Nick Abadzis captured 10's quirks and characteristics perfectly; his turns of phrases and catchphrases that we're all familiar with are there. I could here David Tennant's voice the entire time. Gabby makes for a decent companion, although I don't know how she would have come across on screen; I think she may have been ...more
ArwendeLuhtiene
Pros:
-The drawings, by Elena Casagrande. Beautiful and, what's more, very refreshing - Not one sexualized posture or exaggerated anatomy, as if often seen in comic books (usually by male artists), even the DW ones. This is the kind of comic female comic fans deserve.
-Interesting and engaging stories.
-Good Tenth Doctor characterization
-The new comic!companion, Gabriella González aka Gabby, is an interesting, active and very likeable character with an adventurous, inquisitive spirit, artistic inc
Christine
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This collects the first 5 issues of Titan Comic's new Tenth Doctor series and wow, am I ever impressed. This series is following a version of Ten from somewhere between "Journey's End" and "The End of Time", newly alone after having left Donna Noble. I wasn't too keen on his new companion, Gabriella Gonzalez, a young girl with a boring, average life (in typical companion fashion) at first but after the narration switched to her point of view in the form of a letter to her friend Cindy I began to ...more
Alex Sarll
A little too power-of-love in places, and only the second-best comic I've read in which a mysterious trenchcoated figure with a dark past sorts out unearthly bother in a laundrette, but overall Abadzis and Casagrande do a fine job of capturing the delight and occasional determination of David Tennant at his best. A good move, too, to have his Earthbound adventure (and new companion) based in Brooklyn - because presumably aliens would occasionally menace other bits of modern Earth, even if they'r ...more
Jenna
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Have to say they've got the Doctor spot on, and any and all of dialogue I immediately heard as David Tennant, but with a little bit of his original accent thrown in there, having watched Broadchurch recently.... Lovely art. Plot felt a bit familiar but that's sort of how I felt after binge-watching Doctor Who in the first place.
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Was excited to read this, slogged through it and then went and re-watched the show. Wish they'd chosen an established companion and filled in some gaps rather than foisting the rather dull Gabby off onto us.
Amanda Thompson
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gn-manga, sci-fi, 2015
Fantastic job keeping Ten believable and in-character. The stories feel like they've escaped from missing episode scripts and the Doctor's new companion doesn't feel like a repeat of any of his counterparts from the show. Wholly original stories, completely in-tune with the show's feel and quality.
Rick Davis
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
So my wife and I have been watching Doctor Who lately, and the 10th Doctor just regenerated into the 11th. So we got this book to help us work through our grief of losing 10. Looks like there are more adventures for nerds to partake of in the comic world!
Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
I'm just getting into the Doctor Who stories.
I know, I know. I'm behind.
I enjoyed this a lot, though.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Good! Fun! Cute! More, please?
michael green
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
the book was cool and like the show i didn't understand anything in it.
Julia
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun.
Cheriwinkle
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had recently read my first graphic novel--an adventure of the 9th Doctor--and really enjoyed it. The writer was able to tell a good story and capture Chris Eccleston's portrayal of the Doctor. The artwork was great, again really capturing Chris Eccleston in his portrayal of the Doctor. My daughter (a librarian) had brought it home for me as she has been enjoying the graphic novel genre of late.

She recently brought home 3 more graphic novels of the 10th Doctor, knowing he is my FAVORITE Doctor,
Jill Jemmett
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gabby Gonzalez works in her father’s laundromat. One day while she is there, all of the washing mashines turn on at the same time and open a portal. Everyone in New York starts acting strangely, but they just assume it’s because it is the Day of the Dead. Then the Doctor shows up. There are creatures that play on people’s fears that attach themselves to humans. They entered through Gabby’s washing machines. Only the Doctor can save them now.

This is a good continuation of the Tenth Doctor’s adve
M
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Carl
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
excellent new stories of David Tennant's run as the Eleventh Doctor. I thought it a great move to make a new companion ( and also a way to avoid continuity errors), especially one from my native Brooklyn. Abadzis and his researchers and the artist Elena Casagrande do a marvelous job of capturing Sunset Park as realistically as possible.

My only quibble is that at certain points (particularly the second story arc) Casagrande's rendition of Tennant is almost unrecognizable, and it sometimes pulled
JoeBlack
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This comics is really nice and I recommend it to all whovians out there and those who just like this tv series or David Tennant. This is as good as some of the episodes, there is a lot of running, action and monsters. That's what I love on Doctor Who. Can't wait for the other stories that will yet come...
Brendan Linwood
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay, but the Doctor is much better suited to the immediacy of live action than even the relatively quick pacing of a comic series. The art was good and the writing ok, but it did not come close to giving me the feeling that even an average episode of the tenth Doctor's run on the show inspired.
Shannon Clark
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bit wordy but really captures the spirit of Doctor Who and introduces a great new companion. As a lifelong fan of the show I definitely want to read more about these adventures and this new companion.

This is two related but independent adventures. For a graphic novel it is a lot of story. And I liked the art style and tone.
Kai Hunter
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok, I admit, I loved the tenth doctor taking a baseball bat to the helmet. Gabby is interesting. I already see more in her than I saw in Rose. The artwork is good, though I did have a bit of trouble reading Gabby's letter to Cindy.
James Bowman
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dr-who, owned, comics
A solid launch for the Tenth Doctor's comic line, with two interesting first stories. The portrayal of the Tenth Doctor is competent, but the real star is the new companion, Gabriella, who's already one of my favorites. (A-)
Rocky Sunico
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, doctor-who
I'm totally loving the vibe of this comic and how it nicely captures the quirkiness of the Tenth Doctor. Gabby also makes for a great companion for his travels and the second arc in this book also establishes that there may be more to her than meets the eye.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 2: The Weeping Angels of Mons
  • Doctor Who: The Ninth Doctor, Vol 1: Weapons of Past Destruction
  • Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor, Vol. 1: After Life
  • Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor, Vol. 1: A Matter of Life and Death
  • Doctor Who: Four Doctors
  • Doctor Who: Players
  • Doctor Who: The Sands of Time
  • The Ripple Effect (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #7)
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1
  • Doctor Who: Festival of Death
  • Doctor Who: A Fairytale Life
  • Doctor Who: Remembrance of the Daleks (Target Doctor Who Library)
  • Doctor Who: Fear of the Dark
  • The Nameless City (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #2)
  • The Spear of Destiny (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #3)
  • Doctor Who: A Brief History of Time Lords
Nick Abadzis was born in Sweden to Greek and English parents and was brought up in Switzerland and England. He is a writer and artist who likes comics (which means these days he seems to be known as a “graphic novelist”). His work for both adults and children has been published in many countries across the world.

He also works as an editorial consultant and has helped set up several best-selling an

Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 2: The Weeping Angels of Mons