Start by marking “The Herbal Goddess Guide: Create Radiant Well-Being Every Day with Herb-Inspired Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More” as Want to Read:

Published April 21st 2015 by Storey Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Herbal Goddess Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Herbal Goddess Guide

Start your review of The Herbal Goddess Guide: Create Radiant Well-Being Every Day with Herb-Inspired Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More
Heidi The Reader
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Herbal Goddess Guide is a beautiful little reference book in which 12 different herbs are examined for physical, mental and spiritual healing purposes.

Amy Jirsa provides recipes, yoga poses, crafts and more to utilize the healing power of the plants in various ways.

This book may not be for everyone as it has a very new age feel. Jirsa discusses magical traditions, honoring a plant's spirit and more.

However, if you're into tapping your inner goddess, this may be
Andee Marley
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
If/when I write my craft/magic book I hope it will be like this . So sweet!
lauren
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: food, practical
The book focuses on just 12 common herbs, which in this case is good. It's light and blonde and feels like a blog-turned-book, but that's all okay. It serves it's purpose of giving some nice simple information (and woo-y feelings. and yoga poses) about herbs and recipes to get you started making herbal potions.
Rachael Button
Honestly under normal circumstances the likelihood that I'd pick up and buy a book called "Herbal Goddess" are pretty slim--the book's title and cover didn't appeal to me (I bristle a bit at the word "goddess"--as someone who doesn't have a goddesses at the heart of my culture or spirituality I worry about both appropriation and diluting potentially important parts of someone else's culture)--but I bought and read this book because:
1-I'm interested in botany and plant medicine and
2-I
Ashley H.
Herbs, magic, and yoga - this book is everything I want, love, need, and more. Packed with so much valuable information, but presented in a down to earth, loving manner. It's a fantastic resource for people are new to working with herbs, but also for people like me who have their faves already and are always looking for new ways to utilize and explore their uses and benefits.
Lekeshua
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
If you’re looking for a close up look at a hand full of herbs, I recommend this book. Very informative without feeling overwhelming. I love the spiritual, mental, and yoga connections made throughout this book.
Emily Judds
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amy was my first yoga teacher ever, and she got me hooked on the practice.
Now, I think she's got me hooked on herbs! I've started talking to my plants as I water them.
Laura Paulisich
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Favorite! #thankyou!
Devri
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amy Jirsa is a Master Herbalist and a yoga instructor who has a great love for herbs and has created a beautiful book dedicated to the study of twelve herbs: Chamomile (Matricaria recutita and Chamaemelum nobilis), Rose (Rosa), Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale), Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum), Nettle (Urtica dioica), Calendula (Calendula officinalis), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Turmeric (Curcuma longa), Echinacea (Echinacea angustifolia), Elder (Sambucus nigra), Cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia), ...more
E
Herbal Goddess: Discover the Amazing Spirit of 12 Healing Herbs with Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More by Amy Jirsa

By E King | Monday, February 9

“No matter where our ancestors came from, chances are they used plants as medicine.”-Amy Jirsa, from “Herbal Goddess”

Herbs nourish us. They heal, soothe, and uplift our spirit. Writer, Yoga instructor, and master herbalist Amy Jirsa is well-versed in the art of plant medicine, and she imparts her knowledge to us in thi
Sharon Tyler
Apr 11, 2015 rated it liked it
The Herbal Goddess Guide: Create Radiant Well-Being Every Day with Herb-Inspired Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More by Amy Jirsa is a non fiction resource that is currently scheduled for release on April 21 2015. Amy Jirsa offers recipes and ideas for exploring and embracing the distinctive qualities of twelve herbs; chamomile, rose, dandelion, holy basil, nettle, calendula, lavender, turmeric, echinacea, elder, cinnamon, and ginger. Recipes for teas and foods, skin and hair care treatm ...more
Lea  Bowski
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pagan-stuff
This is a visually gorgeous book & I have a feeling the print version will be lovely (Note - some of the 'stock images used still have water marks on my copy - either the publisher is going to switch those out or they hadn't purchased the images at the time of putting together the net-galley proof.)

( I have a copy provided by Net-Galley in exchange for an honest review.)_

There are only twelve herbs discussed in the book which I actually liked. Other books may be more
Lucretia Splinters
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: body-mind-spirit
This is my new go-to wellbeing guide! It incorporates most of the tools that I already use in my daily life and the illustrations and information are breathtaking.

The author, Amy Jirsa, is a Master Herbalist and in this book she covers the key aspects of the essential herbs: Chamomile, Rose, Dandelion, Holy Basil, Nettles, Calendula, Lavender, Turmeric, Echinacea, Elder Plant, Cinnamon and Ginger.

She explains the properties and scientific names of each herb in detail and there are r
Lindsay
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.**

This book is probably one of the most visually beautiful books on herbs I have ever read. The pictures are so vibrant and full of life. The writing is conversational and so easy to swallow. I love that there were only a limited number of herbs to discussed, making it easier to really focus on a whole body approach, and not become overwhelmed by having 100 plus different options to choose fro
Angie
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, nonfiction
Everything you could want to know about herbs. These chapter titles sum it up nicely: Discovering the Sunny Side of Chamomile, Rediscovering the Most Romantic Bloom (rose), Detoxing with Dandelion, Adapting with Holy Basil, Playing Nice with Nettles, Healing with Calendula, Having a Lie-Down with Lavender, Treating It All with Tumeric, Keeping the Doctor Away with Echinacea, The Many Wonders of the Elder Plant, Vertatile and Singular Cinnamon, Jiving It Up with Ginger

*I received an A
Emily
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
A little too hippie for me (which is saying something). I skipped over the "magic" sections and also most of the yoga (I do yoga for exercise, not for spiritual/mental well being). I knew most of the information from previous research and blogs I follow. Speaking of blogs, this read like blog entries strung together to make a book. I copied down a couple recipes to try. The photos were beautiful and this may be a good book for individuals starting out with herbs.
Senator
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. With so much information and recipes for a variety of items, this is a MUST for anyone looking to make their own salves, teas, etc and discover the wonderful properties of each herb.

***Many thanks to Storey Publishing and NetGalley for a galley to be used for honest review & bookseller purposes***
Lauren
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books that has ever come into my life. Just by reading it the care and love contained within each word are nearly palpable and make you feel happier. Brilliant for those looking to get into herbal remedies, healing, recipes, and even a touch of magic. This will be my muse moving forward as I delve deeper into herbs. Highly recommend.
Lauren Fulner
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even though I am further along in my plant medicine studies than the intended audience for this book, I still enjoyed it. The author is fanciful in the best way, in addition to being incredibly accessible for new herbalists. Reading this book is like sitting down for tea with a friend :)
Nancy
Beautifully designed book. Interesting, enthusiastic information on 12 of the most commonly used herbs. Recipes, healing uses, flower essence uses, yoga poses and personal care product recipes for each herb. Would be nice if she continued with future volumes on more herbs.
Tara Carlisle
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is definitely for a beginner, which I am, but I can see how someone who was more experienced in herbs might find it too basic. I really liked how she formatted this book and the beautiful photographs.
Sue
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2015
Excellent!!!
Meg
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! I want to own a copy for constant reference!
This is a compilation of the twelve most commonly used herbs and different elements of their natures, uses, and recipes.
Michelle
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much that I find myself reading through it again every day! Everything you need to know about these 12 main (magical) herbs to keep yourself healthy.
Jenni Schell
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jenni by: Net Galley
Shelves: kindle-books
This is a great go to herbal guide. I really enjoyed not only reading it but I learned a great deal. Thank you.
Rebecca
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great resource. Good information, enthusiastic delivery.
Aline