Start by marking “Hooked on the Game (Sterling Shore, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hooked on the Game (Sterling Shore, #1)

Hooked on the Game

(Sterling Shore #1)

Everyone has secrets that define them, a past that has shaped them, and a game they play - whether they know it or not.

Despite the fact they live next door to each other, Kade and Raya have never made an effort to speak, until a wild party, four frat boys, and... a bulldozer.

Sterling Shore was supposed to be a new start for eighteen-year-old Raya Capperton. Everything was
Published May 14th 2014 by C.M. Owens

Start your review of Hooked on the Game (Sterling Shore, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Stars - Which Should Have Been Five Stars, But Oh Well

This was fucking AMAZING.

Seriously though, I devoured the first 80% of this thing CERTAIN this book would end up landing on my "Top Favorites of All Time" list, I was enjoying it so much.

It was awesome.

And headed down Five Star Highway.

description

But then the wheels fell off the bus and we took the most unexpected- and fucking ridiculous - detour ever.

description

Seriously though, the two "twists" at the end were not in line with the rest of the book, in my
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

! Hooked on the Game (stand-alone) Hot & heavy opposites attract when girl on a scholarship moves in with a college heartthrob & heir!

Hooked on the Game (stand-alone) opens to college freshman on a scholarship Raya Capperton finding herself in need a living quarters, much thanks to fellow student and heir Kade Colton. LOL! Sparks fly in and out of the bedroom as these two polar opposites must share a home.

***
Sex scenes:
Story ending:
Catarina
4 Conned Stars.

Raya is the girl who has to work for a living. She came from a simple family, her father is a con-man doing jail time and she just want to go to college and have a good chance in live. Kade is the opposite, the son of a millionaire his life is nothing but parties after parties. Or so it seems.
When an unexpected event brings them together and living under the same roof all their assumptions about the other are about to change. But Kade is still the rick kid and Raya is still the
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
DNF 13%

It's not like I can call my mom and gripe. She feels so guilty about so many things already, even though she shouldn't. I can't call my Dad's family, they'd do something incredibly illegal, like hack the files of everyone hassling me and give them failing grades. I can't call my best friend, considering she and my ex-boyfriend got together the second I moved out here. I have no one, and now I barely have myself.

I hate being made to feel sorry for a character. These things should flow
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
So, at first I'd rated this book five stars... but then had to drop one because I'm trying to be a little more selective and because after a couple of weeks, this book hasn't really stayed with me the way a five stars should do.

Now, it was definitely an enjoyable read. Kind of a guilty read, though. Why so? Because we have an heroine who, for how sassy and spunky, kinda has an inferiority complex and for the whole book cannot fathom why the H wants her. She keeps referring to herself as the
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
*Currently free on Amazon*
'He's an elite and I’m the girl from the trailer park.'

Genre: College NA Romance
Cover: 7/10
Writing: 8/10
Heroine: 6/10
Hero: 8/10
Hotness: 3/10
Romance: 7/10
Extra book Details: Approx 224 kindle pages. Female POV. There'll be a #1.5; this book from the hero's POV, and another book with a spin-off character.

Raya and Kade are neighbours who come from two different worlds. World's that should never clash. His father is rich and successful, her's is a con artist and in
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
This was a cutesty little novel and didn't really stand out at all:
The cheesy rich playboy Kade who secretly has a better work ethic and a strong connection to a certain family member that betters him in the heroines eyes. The poor honor student Raya who barely scrapes by and somehow becomes dependent on the playboy and keeps him out of trouble.

The thing that kept this from being totally cliche was Raya's past of criminals that she utlized in the end. However it was more tellling us over and
Charlotte Cyprus
Jan 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
“Ember is almost forgotten as I stare into the endless pools of blue that suddenly carry such a meaningful depth instead of a guise of shallowness.”

With a line like that, you know it’s going to be a fabulous book.

Oh, wait, sorry, I was being sarcastic. That’s actually the line that made me put this book down. I honestly couldn't keep reading.

The main character is flat and shallow, making fun of all rich kids for being shallow pricks when she herself is shallow as hell for thinking that.

The
Chan
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A pleasant surprise. I was expecting something immature and boring. CM Owens kept my attention for almost the entire 200 pages. Not sure If I will continue the series, but this was a good book.
Ashleyjo
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Poor girl, rich boy ... They're stuck with living with each other. A thin line between hate, lust, and love follows. Can he trust her motives; can she trust him with her heart?

It's far from a unique story and certainly has a few moments where I wondered how the characters could be so dense to both verbal & nonverbal cues about scenes being played out.

However, I love a story where characters prove that you shouldn't judge people on appearances and pasts. Tongue ring & tats ??? - So
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, new-adult, steamy
I enjoyed this wish-fulfillment fantasy. Owens does a decent job making the people feel real enough and it was a lot of fun getting to know Kade. I loved seeing him fall in love with Raya and coming to appreciate her steady good sense and hard work. I was glad that he didn't let her rough edges phase him because that girl is a big bundle of unearned prejudice wrapped in a shell of insecurity.

I found it interesting that the most class-conscious person in the novel is Raya. She's forever going on
Raine
I waited so long to read this!

I've had this book forever and it was free. I finally got around to reading it because I've read one of the newer series The Wild Ones and have needed a fix to ride me over until the next book in the series comes out. I'm so glad i finally got around to reading it. I love Kade and Raya and can't wait to read Kate's POV in the next book and then on to other couples.
seton
Sep 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, na-ya
Genre: NA romance
Cliffy? No, HFN.

Sensuality: PG-13
Ho-meter: H = GFs in past, h = one previous BF

Fairly straightforward Rich Boy/ Poor Girl romance.

I remained unengaged for the most part since the writing was too unpolished for my taste. It was the typical rough, amateurish, needs-to-be-edited writing you usually find in self-pubs with, maybe, a more weird change of phrase than usual.

Rating: 2.5
Jeanny
May 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
The book had an interesting premise & I really liked the H. Sadly I hated the h she's incredibly judgmental & I just couldn't deal with her.
DNF @ 25%

Side note: Dear author a size 4 is only curvy if you're 3 feet tall. The media & fashion industry do not need your help causing impressionable young ladies unrealistic body goals, unhealthy eating habits, body shaming &/or low self-esteem. I'm sure it's not your intention.
Melanie (mells_view)
An ok read

This story was ok. It’s heavy on the rich hero, poor heroine trope. Which isn’t bad, but it’s mentioned over and over. I like how the hero is actually sweet and possessive over the heroine, but the heroine is down on herself quite often. It also goes a little bit too far into Scooby Doo mystery territory at one point, and it just kind of veers from the point of the romance, but it was still and ok read. If you’re looking for new adult with the rich hero, poor heroine trope, then this
Lisa :)
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
The last book in the Sterling Shore series Talk Nerdy to Me is coming out at the end of the month, so I decided to reread my favorites in the series.

Hooked on the Game is the book where we are first introduced to Sterling Shore, city of the rich and beautiful.

Raya, a conman‘s daughter, just started college when a group of frat boys bulldozes her house.

Kade is her rich neighbor who hosted the party where those frat got drunk enough to start a bulldozer. To keep out of trouble for supplying
(;Missy.Lala;)
OMG THIS BOOK HAD ME HOOKED FROM THE BEGINNING!!!

This book has the best writing I've ever read, and I've read a lot of books. Seriously. This book has you hooked from the very beginning, has the best heroine you can ever read, has sweet and frustrating moments but this book totally makes up for if <3
This book was just awesome and I just want to continue this series soon or I am going to cry forever :(

I loved Kade and Raya they were awesome!
I loved the fact that Kade changed ALOT throughout
 B.E.Love
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book and I can't get this stupid smile off my face, I loved this book it was sweet, funny, hot, and Kade was a GREAT hero. I love that it took a little longer for Kade and Raya to get together and while Kade "hates" Raya we get to see glimpses of how he really feels as well as their bickering this was an all around great book. I got this book for free but I would have gladly paid for it in fact I don't know why everyone who owns a kindle and loves romance doesn't have this on ...more
Heroesinbooks
4 CONSIDER ME HOOKED STARS

I was expecting a sweet, light romantic read with this book and I got that. I also got some intriguing twists and turns that I didn't see coming. Raya went from being a lonely figure with quite the chip on her shoulder to a different person entirely! I love it when a character develops and surprises you. This story took a turn I did not see coming. And as for our hero Kade.....well helloooo MR Yummy and all round perfect book boyfriend. I'm reading his story next.
Heather andrews
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to enjoy this series.I loved the characters so much and Kade I just loved him, "you know it was bound to happen sooner or later. Would it make it easier if I stripped down and let you see me in my underwear?" he jokes." Raya I loved that girl she was an eager beaver when it came the first time to sex up her man, "Christ," he breathes, when my hand slips down the front of his jeans and down his boxers to feel him for the first time." I truly think this is going to be a great series.
T.L. Smith
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.... Five stars.

I read it all in one sitting, I am waiting patiently for the next story of Tag.

I loved how the story developed between Kade and Raya.

Raya is a smart daughter from a con man.
Kade is from a wealthy family.

Though she dosent want to tell him who her father is, or what he has done. Then she finally does the one thing she thought she would never do........
Sarah :)
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie

Couldn't put this down!
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ

This was surprisingly a good read.
Kade and Raya are neighbors, but an unfortunate accident forced them to live together. Their characters are not what you would have expected, but I was surprised at how much I liked Raya, how much I like Kade, how much I like the flow of the story and how much I love the characters in this book.
Kate (beautifulbookland)
This was so cute and swoony and ah!!
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed this authors Deadly Beauties Series and like her writing style. I'm not a great fan of paranormals so was pleased when I saw she had written this contemporary series.

There was a great build up to Kade and Raya's romance and I enjoy stories like that as I'm not a fan of insta love. The pacing of their romance was spot on. The love scenes are well written but nothing too graphic. I really liked both Kade and Raya but I was left wondering why Kade has kept himself remote from his
Tracy
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hooked On The Game......I was 'Hooked' on this book ;-)
The story was brill, trailer park girl falls for rich boy! Rich boy falls for poor girl! I liked how they got thrown together by Kade's dad aswell. And it wasnt insta-love! There was a build up which I liked.
Loved the characters, Raya was witty and had me laughing at some things she came out with. I actually liked her conman Dad too! Kade was omg soooo yummy, he couldnt do no wrong in my eyes.
I struggled to put this book down other than to
Müni (MuenisBookWorld)
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Woaaaaa!!!!

Def liked this story a lot.

After so many "Bad Boy" meets "Good Girl" stories I was so exciting about this one.

Finally I got to read a "Rich Boy" meets "Poor Girl" story. I know it is not something completely new, but it was kinda a different story after so many similar stories, I guess.
Even though the story had no "OMG" moments or sudden plot twists, I kinda liked this book so much.

One WORD: Simple Story.

So glad I picked it up.
Angela
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK IS SOOOOOOOO CHEESE!!!! BUT I REALLY LIKED IT...
the Wine section is ok and the way she ends up in the house isnt my favorite but over all I really enjoyed this book. Owens writing is really enjoyable

read this review and more over on our blog:
Ann
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very cute YA romance. Will definitely be reading Kade's POV and bk 2 Tagged and Ashed.
Book-Bosomed  blog
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Raya Capperton’s freshman year of college isn’t off to a great start. The prestigious rich kids treat her differently, her roommates have been expelled, her dad keeps trying to send her dirty money from prison, and the spoiled neighbor’s party just “crashed” into her living room. And things can only go from bad to worse when her only option for housing is living with said spoiled, rich boy Kade Colton.

Raya and Kade come from completely different worlds, and she’s not sure his inner circles will

• Worth It
  • The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1)
  • All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4)
  • Scarlet Angel (Mindf*ck, #3)
  • Sidetracked (Mindf*ck, #2)
  • Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5)
  • Scarlet Toys (Violent Circle #1)
  • Gypsy Truths (All the Pretty Monsters, #6)
  • Frat Hell (Violent Circle #2)
  • Clean Start (Violent Circle #3)
  • Zero F*cks (Violent Circle #4)
  • Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
  • Level Up (Violent Circle, #5)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters #3)
  • Gypsy Blood (All The Pretty Monsters, #1)
C.M. Owens only writes romance, but she's a sub-genre whore.

She has two other pen names that she writes under.
Kristy Cunning for Reverse Harem and S.T. Abby for her darker/stabby books.

Sterling Shore (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Tagged & Ashed (Sterling Shore, #2)
  • The Sterling Boys (Sterling Shore, #3)
  • Loving War (Sterling Shore, #4)
  • Breaking Even (Sterling Shore, #5)
  • A Redo (Sterling Shore, #6)
  • Triple Dare (Sterling Shore, #7)
  • Identical Disaster (Sterling Shore, #8)
  • Perfectly Toxic (Sterling Shore, #9)
  • Make Me (Sterling Shore #10)
  • Taming a Maverick (Sterling Shore #11)
“no saint goes without sinning, and no sinner goes without having some saintly qualities.  You can judge one for their mistakes, or you can love them for the flaws they try to correct. ” 31 likes
“People talk whether you're in school or not, but it doesn't dictate anything. You choose how much you allow people to rule you.” 6 likes