Start by marking “Resident Evil: Genesis (Resident Evil, #1)” as Want to Read:
Resident Evil: Genesis (Resident Evil, #1)

Resident Evil: Genesis

(Resident Evil #1)

The Hive: a subterranean genetic research facility owned and operated by Umbrella, an immensely powerful corporation with interests in everything from human longevity to biowarfare. With computerized defenses and heavily armed human backup, the Hive is impregnable and invulnerable. Or so Umbrella believes.But something has gone fatally wrong. The Hive has lost containment ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published June 29th 2004 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Resident Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resident Evil

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoA Plague Upon Your Family by Mark TufoFeed by Mira GrantThe End by Mark Tufo
Best Zombie Books
1,263 books — 2,915 voters
Return of the Jedi by James KahnStar Trek II by Vonda N. McIntyreStar Wars, Episode V by Donald F. GlutStar Wars, Episode IV by George LucasThe Dark Crystal by A.C.H. Smith
Novelizations
224 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
These are some of my favorite movies! I'm so stoked to have found the books!!

🖤🐶🐺🐾
Aishu Rehman
This is def. for you if you are a resident evil fan or if you liked the movie. It is much better then the movie. It provides a more detailed background on the characters. Some of the scene from the movie are different or extended or brand new. If you have watched the movie as much as I have you can actually picture the whole movie in your head when reading this book.
Overall if your a resident evil fan or a fan of the movie series you will not be disappointed.
Leo .
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love these games and books. Ada Wong is my favourite character. I wonder if Alice played by Mila Jovevich is based on Ada Wong?👍🐯
Rebecca McNutt
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
I haven't read such a boring novel in a long time. Whether or not it follows the movie its based on is beside the point, it was written with nothing to make it stand out as an intriguing or interesting novel. It basically just recaps the first film in the Resident Evil series and adds a few small details, but it's nothing special.
Joss loves Jace
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!! Did you know they came out with Resident Evil books? ESpecially you zombie lovers!
Paul
Lightweight, but surprisingly entertaining. The type of quick read i like, when i'm not sure what to read next & i don't want to invest much effort in a book.
Mr. Garchomp-  reshiram~shadow weavile  ~ aqua vaporeon
Ana Mardoll
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Resident Evil: Apocalypse / 9780743499378

I love the Resident Evil movie franchise and I enjoy film novelizations so it seems like these would be right up my alley, but I can only recommend this novel with very heavy caveats.

I'll get the good stuff out of the way first. As far as being the book-of-the-movie, this book succeeds well. There's a lot of backstory that had to be left out of the movie, and it's all filled in very nicely here. The book explains why Umbrella was foolish enough to reopen
Gina Lamm
Sep 18, 2008 rated it liked it
This book is full of scary things like zombies, lickers, zombie dogs. What sucks about this book is that Alice hardly fought anything in the beginning and the beginning was really boring like the first 5 or 10 chapters! After that, the action began. This book belongs to the zombies. The coolest part is when Alice is fighting a monster called the Licker. The end of it was really creepy.

An underground labratory called the Hive, where scientists are using a virus called the T-virus for experiments
Ana Mardoll
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Resident Evil: Genesis / 9780743492911

I adore the Resident Evil film series, and I'm a sucker for a good film novelization, so unsurprisingly this book was right up my alley. This is a straight-up "book of the film" translation, with everything captured precisely as it was on-screen, but with deeper characterization, back-story, motivation, and internal emotional snap-shots. As I consider that to be basically the gold standard for film novelizations, I can strongly recommend this book to fans of
Santiago
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorit
Actually when I read this book, which at the time was one of the best known for his scenes of violence and biowarfare, I liked being a hothead and much corrosion to the man book. I am already passing fashion but I recommend it.
Mich Valle
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book.
Suzanne
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: movie-books
I love it was like the movie
Deadcrow
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is really action packed.
Ctpviews
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book starts out giving background details of the characters and how each got to where they are in the Umbrella Corporation. Alice figures out Lisa's true intentions and confronts her while unknowns to them, Spencer is ease dropping on their conversation and the wheels are set in motion to steel the T-Virus.

Alice wakes naked on the shower floor with short term memory loss from halon gas that was released by the AI: Red Queen due to a breach in the Hive’s security. Before One and his team secu
Jhon(Original)
when I first read this book, I had no idea what was going on. They immmediately introduce you to Alice, who is the protagonist of the story. She wakes up in a mansion, all by herself and she finds a red dress. (As if that werent creepy enough!) She continues to find the deep roots of Umbrella Corporation, and when I say deep, I mean deep! She meets up with a team of commandos to investigate an outbreak of a virus created by Umbrella. Alice has no memory of what has occured before the event, but ...more
Vita Tomsone
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nothing makes my better to read a book for example where a woman's head gets stuck in elevator and later it gets chopped off when elevator goes up. I liked the humor in the beginning too. So much jokes about one guys ass.
I really liked this book. It reminds me so much of the first movie I love. <3
Hope I will get to read other parts too if I get them.
Q-drizzle
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
i think this book was ok, there were some good parts in it but there were alot of dull parts that crossed out the good.the end was romance and a bunch of bull. the begginning and the middle were the best because they had to run from zombies and the susspense was good because lots of there friends and family went into shock for relitives dieing
Neha Prasad
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
the only reason I started reading the resident evil series was because I loved the movies..and ass kicking Alice of course.. the book is right up there with the movie..not being confined to a time limit and all provided more space for story telling...which meant more action
Austin
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
I love the game, and enjoyed the movie; thought I'd try the book out. It was written well, easy to follow. Felt it was almost a direct translation of the movie/script, so it wasn't too dynamic in nature.
Matt
Nov 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sci-Fi horror fans
This book is about a biohuman created by the evil Umbrella corporation named "Alice" who is going around trying to stop their evil creations of the zombie race with other survivors that are still alive in "Raccoon City"
A really great book
Marts  (Thinker)
Jun 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
All about this subterranean research facility called The Hive which is operated by Umbrella, who think that nothing can go wrong as regards thier operation, but something does go wrong with a virus getting out of hand.
Jina
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Novelizations of movies are either hits or misses. This one was a hit. It may have been the written version of the movie, but it also add depths to the characters, even ones that had five minutes screen time in the movie before they got killed by a homicidal computer or a zombie.
Raul Reyes
May 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Good reading if you haven't seen the film. It's basically the filmscript with some narrative and a bit of more backgroudn. If you have, well... forget about reading it.
Leigha
Jul 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I read this for the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge 2015. Challenge: 6. Someone whose gender is different from you.
Tariq Al-bluwi
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
a very nice novel for those who love zombies ....
Bea
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow. This adaptation actually makes a lot more sense and has less silliness than the actual movie. Thank you Mr. DeCandido for applying logic and solid characterisation.
Marianne
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
good book. great companion to the movie. gives great backgrounds about characters and the thoughts they have.
the
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked how the story continues, this action-packed
Lenny
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love all of the Resident Evil Books. I play all the games as well as watch all of the movies to. The books rock though and I read all of them quite a bit.
Watch Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Full Movie Online 1 2 Nov 25, 2016 06:16PM

• Code: Veronica  (Resident Evil, #6)
  • Resident Evil: Retribution - The Official Movie Novelization
  • Resident Evil: Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered
  • Z1n1: The Zombie Pandemic: 2012 Was Just the Beginning
  • Down the Road: On the Last Day
  • Pitch Black: Fight Evil With Evil
  • Deathbringer
  • Extinction Red Line (The Extinction Cycle #0.5)
  • The Rage Plague
  • Within (LZR-1143, #1.5)
  • Deadlocked 4 (Deadlocked, #4)
  • Remains of the Dead (Domain of the Dead #2)
  • Underworld: Evolution (Underworld, #3)
  • I am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas
  • After the End
  • Dead Island
  • Doll Parts

Resident Evil (5 books)
  • Resident Evil: Apocalypse
  • Resident Evil: Extinction
  • Resident Evil: Retribution - The Official Movie Novelization
  • Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (the Official Movie Novelization)