Start by marking “Alice's Adventures In Wonderland” as Want to Read:
Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Read Book* *Different edition

Alice's Adventures In Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  89,339 Ratings  ·  5,201 Reviews
This version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was the winner of the 1988 Emil and Kurt Maschler Award.
Published 1989 by Walker Books Ltd (first published July 4th 1865)

To ask other readers questions about Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, please sign up.

Liana I got a copy from Amazon UK and it's in English. I haven't been able to find the German one.
Butterfly_Wings8 No it doesn't but there's a separate edition for "Through the Looking Glass"

Manny
"Good gracious!" said Alice, "I do believe I'm inside a review!"

She turned to the Hatter and the March Hare.

"Well, let me see. Here is the title, and here is the date I read it. That must be today. Now I need to explain the plot and the overall point."

"There is no plot," said the March Hare disagreeably.

"And there is no point," agreed the Hatter.

He poured a little hot tea on the Dormouse's nose, making it wake with a start.

"The book breaks new ground," it said rapidly in a high, sing-song voi
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
*Reread July 2017*
Reread this for booktube-a-thon 2017 just because I was falling behind. Obviously I loved it (again).

*Reread January 2016*
Read for the school this time and I read the Puffin In Bloom edition. I loved the new illustrations!
emma
I posted this review!!! Find it here: https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co....

Just a heads up that I'll be unfriending anyone who hasn't read this book. Two week grace period. Get on it. GET YA LIFE CHANGED.
-----------------------------
THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK.

No qualifier. No excuse. No “one of my favorites.” This one is it, y’all.

Well, also Through the Looking Glass. But THAT’S PRACTICALLY THE SECOND HALF OF THE SAME BOOK. (And other examples of my inability to make decisions or commit in any
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Rating: 4.5
James
Having just finished Alice in Wonderland, the first thing that occurs to me is that I wish I had read it years ago. I've known the story of Alice for years thanks to Disney and the Mad Hatter on Batman, but for some reason I didn't get around to reading this as a child. While I expected to like it, I never realized what a joy this book would be.

Carroll was a logician, so it should come as no surprise that he uses his expertise in that field to create many hilarious logical fallacies. But what i
Irena
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
description

I think it was a good choice for me to reread one of my favorite childhood stories before I read the one I really wanted to: Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There.

When I was a little girl I LOVED the Disney movie and, since this book has some different aspects, it is no wonder I find the movie to be better.
However, it was still a really enjoyable ride everytime I read it.

description
Everlasting quotes are the reason this book is classic, and I love them all!

description
I have always wondered what inspir
Mohammed Arabey
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
أليس يا فتاة بعُمرِ الزهورِ ، تطيرُ أحلامُها كالطيورِ
'وقد حكي السيد تشارلز دودجسون تلك الحكاية بناء علي طلب أبنة صديقه 'أليس ليديل

لأرضِ الجمالِ وأرض الغرائب ، ودنيا الخيالِ بلاد العجائب
ثم كتبها، كعالم سحري ارتجالي، لا منطقي ولامعقول..لكنه ملئ بالرموز والنقد والسخرية

أليس يا فتاة تحبُ الجميع ، ونورَ الحياةِ وزهر الربيع
ليصير جزء من طفولة كل اطفال العالم طوال 152 عاما ومازال مستمرا

خذينا وطيري .. لدنيا الأثيرِ ، إلى رحلةٍ حلوةٍ ممتعة
وربما يتذكر جيل الثمانينات ذلك الكارتون الياباني المبني علي الرواية
karen
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
these are my favorite illustrations for alice...
Kyriakos Sorokkou
the author
Charles Ludwidge Dodgson to maintain his anonymity and remain immune to criticism came up with his pen name by translating his first two names into Latin 'Carolus Lodovicus' and then anglicising them to 'Lewis Carroll' a perfect example of his love for the playfulness of language, something we notice in every page of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland where a whole array of animals and eccentric characters parade throughout the seemingly non-existing plot.

the adventures
"Alice was beginni
Johann
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"We're all mad here"

I'm not going to insult your intelligence by giving a plot summary for this book as I think every person on the planet knows the premise. However, for the sake of completion and satisfying my OCD tendencies... Alice is a young girl who falls through a rabbit hole into a fantasy world, meeting lots of weird and peculiar characters. And that's it.

Well, the Mad Hatter isn't wrong. I started this book excited at the premise of reading a classic that I don't recall ever having rea
Tracey
"Curiouser and curioser" said Tracey after reading this as an adult.
Everyone knows the story of the little girl who followed a rabbit (who was very late) down a rabbit hole, and found herself in a land of nonsense and strange creatures, like The mad Hatter, who is stuck at a permanent tea party thanks to an argument with time (the person not actual time obviously) and The Cheshire cat , who comes and goes and often only his grin is left floating about. But my absolute favourite is the mock turt
Stacy
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this, and being read by Michael York and a distinctive touch.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is popularly known to many as a children's book, and Lewis Carroll admitted to writing it for the little girls of the Dean of the college he taught at. A quote from C. S. Lewis, in The Three Ways of Writing For Children (1952), "A children's story which is enjoyed only by children is a bad children's story. The good ones last, because a children's story is the best art-form for somethi
Maria Angelica
Eu tenho quatro cópias desse livro na minha estante. QUATRO! Só essa semana que eu decidi finalmente lê-lo de verdade.

Obviamente que estou um pouco chateada que não curti tanto quanto gostaria. Sim, é divertido se você se imagina como uma criança lendo, mas falta muita coesão na história. Senti que não se conecta muito bem e as coisas acontecem tão rápido que não dá nem tempo de entender o que está acontecendo. Tive que reler alguns capítulos várias vezes.

Posso estar falando algo muito polêmico
PorshaJo
I can't believe I never read this one. I've owned a copy for years but just never got around to it. I've seen many variations of movies/cartoons on it and know the story...but just never read it for myself. It is a wonderful book. So full of imagination and strange, odd things. I have to wonder about Carroll and how the heck he came up with this so long ago. From Oxford to Wonderland, that is quite a jump.
Kayla
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4 Stars.

I Loved it! No wonder it's such a popular choice and so highly talked about! It's fun, whimsical, quirky and just an all around delightful read. It just made me feel good and happy like talking to an old friend. There is no disputing that this belongs in the GREAT Classics category! Believe the hype!

Would Re-Read.
M.
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hayalciler, masalcılar, çocuklar, çocuğuna kitap arayanlar, düş gücü aç olanlar
Çocukluğumda beni en çok etkilemiş kitap. Benim gibi pek çok başka çocuğun da dünyasını bütünüyle değiştirmiştir eminim ki.
Alice, gerçek dünyadan bir kaçıştır. Bu çocuklar için gerçeğin doğasının tartışmasız ve sorgusuz kabulüne dayanan ket vurucu bir dünya görüşünden daha esnek, daha yaratıcı bir dünya görüşüne de geçişin kapısının aralanması demek.
Benim için de aynen böyle oldu.
Bu kitabı okuduktan sonra gerçeğin doğasını sorgular oldum. Bir taş, taş olmaktan çıktı, bir mantar mantar olmaktan ç
Lauren
1.5 Stars

I really struggled to rate this. I wasn't expecting much and didn't think I'd like it. Although I don't regret reading it because I wanted to know the story before I read Heartless

This book was really weird and I just didn't like it. Also, Alice was really annoying so I really had to push myself to carry on reading. I was waiting for when we met the Queen of Hearts becuase that was the only reason I read this. Overall, I will never pick this book up again.
Niyura
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2017
Qué libro más divertido! Lo amas o lo odias… y yo me quedo con la primera opción!
Larnacouer  de SH
Bu nasıl muhteşem bir hayal dünyası? Nasıl harika karakterler? Delirececeğim.

Ya gerçekten o kadar tatlı ki, yaşa başa katiyen bakmıyor kesinlikle her yaşa hitap ediyor kitap; farkında olmaksızın karakterlerin ses tonlarına bürünerek yüzünüzde şapşal bir gülümsemeyle okuyorsunuz kitabı.

Kitap, CR listemde yıllardır duruyordu (malum arkadaşlarım özellikle adı lazım değil Deniz, Filiz ve Kübra bilir) bu kez baştan alarak okudum ve inanın bir sayfası bile fazla gelmedi.
Hatta kitap bittiğinden beri
Obsidian
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as part of the Dead Writers Society Literary Birthday Challenge for 2016. We read dead authors books whose birthday falls within a particular month. I will see if I have time for another author. I picked this one since it was my favorite as a child. Re-reading as an adult though I realize what a little jerk Alice was at times though.

Alice chases after the White Rabbit and then falls headlong into Wonderland.

Once she arrives in Wonderland she comes across a small door and through
Roberta C.
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bello, mi ha fatto tornare bambina...per poco ma meglio di niente! :-)
Büşra Öztürk
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Aslında nereye gittiğim pek umrumda değil..." dedi Alice. "O zaman hangi yolu izlersen izle fark etmez" dedi kedi. "... bir yere varayım yeter" diye tamamladı Alice sözünü. "Ah bundan kesinlekle kuşkun olmasın, kesinlikle bir yere varırsın, tabi yeteri kadar yürürsen."
Huda Yahya

I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then!

انس كل ما تعرفه عن الأفلام أو الكارتون

أعطتهم أملا عظيما في تحقيق أكثر أحلامهم جنونا

وظلت لأكثر من مائة سنة متعة لكل قارئ إنجليزية
ومصدر بهجة لأطفال لا حصر لعددهم

:::::::::::::

Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Now, here, you see, it takes al
Léonard Gaya
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading and loving this book as a child. I identified with Alice’s point of view, lost in a world both strange and familiar. All the characters she encountered were mad and funny. There was a sense of playful and sparkling adventure. I loved the vintage illustrations by John Tenniel. I guess the charming Walt Disney adaptation also influenced my perception of the book.

My impression, as I re-read Lewis Carroll’s novel now, is entirely different. The atmosphere of childish innocence is
Daniel
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Znaci neko mi je obrisao "opis" za ovu knjigu. WTF??? Mislim nije da je neko remek delo od misljenja ali ko ima prava da brise tako nesto bez ikakvog objasnjenja. F*UCK.
Nayra.Hassan
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
هي خاطبت الطفل الكامن في كل منا..فتدحرجنا معها في الحفرة..بعد ان تضاءل حجمنا..و تتبعنا الارنب..لننبهر كلنا بأرض العجائب. ..حيث تعبر اليس من عالم الطفولة لعالم النضج..و ينبعث وعيها من تحت الارض..
نتعلم معها إننا يجب ان نخضع القواعد على ان ننفذها بوعي و رحمة

لويس كارول هو الاسم المستعار لأستاذ جامعى للرياضيات. .لذا لم تمر روايته مرور الكرام كعمل الأطفال
..فالرمز و الطبقات المتعددة هى ما يميز رحلة اليس. .فالمغامرات مسلية الكبير و الصغير. ..الشخصيات رمزية ..كلامها فلسفي ذو وجهين
ب{الطبع سأقوم بكل شيء ب
Maria
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book. It's complete nonsense of course, but that's the great thing about it. Alice, a little girl, falls down a rabbit hole and enters Wonderland, filled with talking animals and strange creatures, and a pack of cards that has a life of its own. It's a dream, and like most dreams it makes absolutely no sense at all. It was one of my favourite books as a child, so I decided to re-read it after 30 odd years, and I'm glad I did. It made me laugh out loud.
Ömer
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.9/5

"Ama ben delilerin arasına düşmek istemiyorum ki!" dedi Alice.
"Başka şansın yok," dedi Kedi, "burada hepimiz deliyiz. Ben deliyim. Sen delisin."
"Benim deli olduğumu nereden çıkardınız?"
"Öyle olman gerek," dedi Kedi, "yoksa burada olmazdın."

Çok ilginç bir yorum girdim, bence bakın :D Yorumu için: http://kronikokur.blogspot.com.tr/201...
Joanne Freitas
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O meu livro preferido desde sempre. Nunca vou ser demasiado velha para Alice no país das maravilhas.
Fatemeh Nazari
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-best-books
خب !
واقعا فوق العاده بود !
به نظرم آليس در سرزمين عجايب كتابى نيست كه بشه گفت حتما بايد تو بچگى خونده ميشد!
من اين كتاب رو تو ١٧ سالگى خوندم و واقعا لذت بردم.
The Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by the pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English author, mathematician, logician, Anglican clergyman and photographer.

His most famous writings are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass as well as the poems "The Hunting of the Snark" and "Jabberwocky", all considered to be within the genre of literary nonsense.

Oxfo
More about Lewis Carroll...

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (2 books)
  • Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There

“How puzzling all these changes are! I'm never sure what I'm going to be, from one minute to another.” 473 likes
“And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversation?” 414 likes