Start by marking “Hunting the King” as Want to Read:
Hunting the King

Hunting the King

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
On the eve of the American invasion of Saddam Hussein’s Iraq, an international cast of schemers, spies, clergy, and scientists race to claim the greatest prize the world has ever seen. American archaeologist Molly O’Dwyer has unearthed a long-lost burial mound in ancient Babylon. Whose remains are in it? Are they related to the mysterious Gospel of Hannaniah, the alleged d ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Kunati Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Hunting the King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting the King

Melissa
Nov 03, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommended to Melissa by: the author
Shelves: just-cant-finish
This book was suggested to me through goodreads by the author. It looked interesting since he said it was a lot like The Di Vinci Code. Truth is I just could not get into it. It was TOO much like the Code only the writing is not nearly as good. The word hack flooded my head as I tried (painstakingly) to get past the first few chapters. I wouldn’t recommend the book. Unless maybe you didn’t read The Di Vinci Code and you don’t mind cheesy characterization.
Mikael
Jan 08, 2009 rated it liked it
I don't read a lot of books like this one so it took some time to get into the book. I recommended to my husband and he really really enjoyed it. I was impressed that the author had suggested the book to me, it made it feel like I was reading something someone I know wrote.
Buck
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who like Davinci Code, thriller fans
Recommended to Buck by: Peter Clenott
I thoroughly enjoyed this book that was suggested to me through Goodreads by the author, peter clenott.

The book follows the exploits of archaeologist, Molly O'Dwyer as she searches for the burial site of the unrisen Jesus Christ amid the deserts of Iraq in the midst of the Iraq War.

O'Dwyer, who has strange dreams of a woman named Hannaniah is driven to find her burial site and believes that Hannaniah is the daughter of Jesus Christ. If she finds her grave, she will also find Jesus' grave as wel
Rhonda
Sep 27, 2008 rated it liked it
i read this book because the author contacted me through good reads and asked me to. the book had an interesting premise - sort of davinci code-esque, as a team of archaeologists and others, all with different motives, search for the tomb of hannaniah ( the supposed daughter of jesus of nazareth) and ultimately, the tomb of jesus, himself. such a find would rock the world, because it would imply that jesus had survived the crucifixion, and had not actually died and risen from the dead. some want ...more
Phil Williams
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
It is hard to read Hunting the King without comparing it to The DaVinci Code. They are both religious based thrillers and both give an alternate biography of Jesus after the crucifixion, but the comparisons stop there. The DaVinci Code is an adventurous treasure hunt through Europe, where Hunting the King is a metaphysical journey through the Middle East and the past lives of the books characters.
The books main character, Molly O'Dwyer is a Boston archeologist who gets caught up in the hunt for
Eric_W
Jan 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
Disappointing. Does have some of the same feel as the DaVinci Code, but I didn't feel it had the same energy. Others have liked it so it's probably just me. I'm reading a lot of non-fiction at the moment and perhaps the basic premise struck me as somewhat preposterous.
Connie
Feb 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
I felt the swearing by the main character was not necessary. I wanted more archaeology than was in the book. It was confusing and hard to follow in the beginning. I wanted to enjoy the book more than I did.
Violet
Jan 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: spritual-fiction
Molly, an archaeologist, becomes involved in a find during the midst of the invasion in Iraq. Molly is looking for Hannaniah's burial site, and that of her father(Jesus). Many people are out to intercept her and her finds, some are even on her team. Some of the clues she has are difficult to figure out, but that is what Molly likes to do best.

Molly has visions of Hannaiah and seems to go back in time to the time of Jesus. Other members on the team also seem to be part of the past. Was Molly Han
Carol
Mar 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
I ultimately enjoyed this book a lot. The excitement started immediately and continued through out the story. It was captivating, although farfetched, as Dan Brown's books are. I had trouble keeping the foreign names and places straight, but that is only because of my own ignorance. It was jarring to hear the characters who were searching for Jesus to use our Lord's name in vain when there are other ways to express yourself. Peter, are you a Believer or more of a Doubting Thomas? Definitely a wo ...more
Gina
Mar 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
I finished this book. I liked the adventure of going through Iraq, it's desert, it's towns and villages. It was interesting to see and experience it's people through this book. It definitely was along the same vein as "Davinci Code".
I'm a Christian and believe in the living God and Jesus so I had issue with the premise of the story. I had the same issue with Davinci Code. But again, it was interesting to be taken into Iraq. As I read, I picture Molly as looking like Julianne Moore.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »