Start by marking “Fly like You've Never Been Grounded (Summer Lake, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fly like You've Never Been Grounded (Summer Lake, #4)

Fly like You've Never Been Grounded

(Summer Lake #4)

Laura Benson has her life together, thank you very much. Her jewelry store in San Francisco is doing wonderfully. Her design skills will soon have her traveling to London, designing a new line that should build her reputation world wide.

She's on top, which is where she likes to be - especially when it comes to men. Since giving her fiance his ring back a year ago, Laura ha
ebook
Published June 2014 by XSHi Publications

To ask other readers questions about Fly like You've Never Been Grounded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fly like You've Never Been Grounded

Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆
4.5 Your Mine Stars

This book is part of the Summer Lake Series, but can also be read as a stand alone (no cliffhangers in this series). Fans of book 1, 2 & 3 will be happy that the whole gang is back & we learn new info/insight on these reoccurring characters.

*Review to come*

~Given an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review~
Jenny
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
"Fly as You've Never Been Grounded" is book four in the Summer Lake series by S. J. McCoy. Laura Benson life was perfect; her career is where she wanted it to be and had no desire to have a permanent relationship with a man until she met Pilot Smoke Hamilton and her life got complicated. The readers of "Parts like Fly like You've Never Been Grounded" will follow Laura Benson and Pilot Smoke Hamilton to see if they both achieve their dreams.

"Parts like Fly like You've Never Been Grounded" were bo
Trina
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy when I got an email from SJ saying that this book was almost ready and asking if I would like to read it. I immediately replied yes! I was even more thrilled when I was sent an ARC of Fly Like You've Never Been Grounded.

I have been looking forward to reading about Smoke and Laura since they met in book 2 Work Like You Don't Need the Money. I enjoyed finding out what happened when the girls left Laura behind after noticing the sparks flying between her and Smoke. There was a stron
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the Summer Lake series. Loved catching up on all the characters that I have come to love over the course.
Book 4 in the Summer Lake series is set around Smoke ‘the Smoking Hot pilot’ and Laura, the Itty Bitty cousin of Jack and Dan. We have seen these two briefly in the other books along the way but it was a real pleasure getting to know them properly.
Smoke has many issues with trust and relationships of any sort (love and family). Laura also has her relationship issues aft
Dana

I absolutely loved this book! This series really just keeps getting better and better with each new couple. “Fly Like You’ve Never Been Grounded” is by far the steamiest of the series and I enjoyed every minute of it! These two are just electric together and it was a joy to see their story unfold.
Smoke and Laura have an instant attraction from the moment they meet. But can two people with busy, hectic careers and years’ worth of emotional baggage make a relationship work? Do they even want to be
Peggy
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reads-2014
Complimentary copy provided by author for an honest review.

First of all I love this series from SJ, you can read them again and again you get caught up in these friendships and love for each other. So SJ as I see it we definitely need the story of Ben and one of Alexander.

So join the fourth book with Laura and Smoke.

If you read the previous books you know that Laura is the cousin from Jack and that she designs jewelry but lately they all have been engagement rings. When she goes to visit her f
Jamie Rhodes
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to this series. I want to live in Summer Lake. S.J. McCoy's writing style pulls you in the story, grips you tight, and doesn't let you go until you have finished reading. Smoke (and yes he is smoking hot) is a pilot for Laura's cousins. Laura designs jewelry (she has designed rings for her cousins whom we met in previous stories). There is so much more to learn about Smoke. We have had encounters with Smoke from the previous books, but we really get to know who he is and w ...more
Caryn Watson Watz Books and Teasers
fly like you've never been grounded is Smoke and Laura's its full of uncertainty, rule breaking,heart breaking and falling in love. their story will keep you on your toes and make you just wanna slap smoke over the back of his head.

smoke is a pilot who was once hurt and left broken and refused to ever let a woman get close to him again or stop him from flying off when ever he wants to. flying is his life its who he is and nothing will ever come between him and flying.

Laura designs jewelry and i
Pamela Morgan
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I love this series and have enjoyed every book.
This book is about smoke(Cole) and Laura the both have had the share of heartbreak and loss of trust.
Smoke is a hot pilot know for being a womaniser until Laura.
Laura is a jewellery designer and a passion to travel.
They fall for each other fast and are both use to using there flight mode. They have a few hurdles to over come and I have enjoyed following them while they do.
Laurel
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just loving this series of books. Steamy and romantic with familiar characters from earlier books. Can be read as a standalone.
Toni
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read the rest of the Summer Lake series and was fortunate enough to be gifted this most recent book by he author. If you have read the other books, you will most definitely love this one too. Laura, Jacks cousin has spent a little time coming too and fro to the lake to see her family and friends. She is a busy successful business woman with an expanding career with her jewellery store and design. Coming to the lake means that she has often bumped into the pilot who has flew the whole grou ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 STEAMY STARS!

This is book four in the Summer Lake series. I actually read all four books back to back when I started this series just a few weeks ago. It is sweet, hot, and is asking an amazing group of people that I want as my real life friends!

This is the story of Smoke and Laura and their story of learning to move on, learning to live, love and opening their hearts again to forever.

Smoke is a pilot. He is a playboy who can have pretty much any woman he wants. He has been burned by love and
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing

DJ Sakata
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote:
“Summer Lake is like this magical realm. Once you come here you are assigned your very own hot man, and you get to live here and have a wonderful little life.”

My Review:
I read all four books to complete this review – 1,121 pages. It was a slow start, and I almost gave it up nearly a quarter of the way into the first book, as it seemed so tame and chaste. I told my mother I thought I may have stumbled on a book for her and her Sunday School ladies book club. Really glad I didn’t s
Sandra Camp
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sandra by: SJ McCoy
Wow!! I am now a big fan of SJ McCoy. I have read all her books and I have to admit this is now one of my favorite stories of all time. This is the story of Smoke and Laura, when they first meet there is a small spark, but because of their chosen professions, it takes some time to fan the flames. Once they are together, their passion becomes a raging wild fire. However they find there needs to be more than passion to feed the fire, you need honesty, communication, truth, and most of all TRUST an ...more
Traci
Shelves: romance
I so loved this story I laughed and cried! you always get me SJ you are one great writer.
Nelly
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the Summer Lake Series. The writing needed some editing but the stories were great.
Avid
Feb 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get into this novel. It's shallow and gratuitous. Within the first few pages, we learn that Smoke likes hot chicks and Laura makes him hard. Readers will see those key words A LOT in the first few pages, and the writing doesn't improve. As a character, Laura isn't treated well. It takes a long time for the reader to learn anything about her, and when we do learn something, it's backwards and only in snippets. We learn she has something going on with diamond people in San Francisco and t ...more
Kim Richards
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. Smoke and Laura's story just really got to me I don't know why, it just did, maybe cos I could see some of myself in Laura.
There is a bit of backwards and forwards but then again show me a relationship that doesn't have a bit of that in it.
There are twists, turns and surprises in this book, there were some I didn't even see coming and I am usually good at guess, what I think some of the secrets are.
I laughed with the couple, got mad at the couple and I might of shed a little
Margaret
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Smoke and Laura's story. We have meet these two in passing in previous books in the series and they have had an attraction that need to be explored. They are both determined to keep their independence and not be tied down. However, once they start to let their guards down and get over past hurts they find that being a couple doesn't mean they can't be individuals. There are tears, great chemistry, lots of steam and of course all the wonderful characters from the Summer Lake seri ...more
Marie
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

We get to have a closer look at The Gorgeous Pilot, college friend of Jack and Pete, since the gang is going to be making Summer Lake the base. Smoke decides he might want that too. Then he sees and finally gets to be with Laura Benson. Pouring out his secrets and falling in love. Captain Cole “Smoke” Alexzander Hamilton, Jr. sours to new heights.
Barbara Barber
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome just absolutely awesome!

There was nothing i disliked about this book i loved it!I absolutely could not put it down while I was sad for it to end in so excited about the rest of the story please try it you won't be disappointed!
Mrs Regina Carr-Quinn
IN-DEPTH LOVE

Like all the Summer Lake books this was a great romance. Very in-depth about love & sex. I loved them all and will be looking forward to the NEXT ONES !!!.
Amy
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first 3.
Yasmin Rodriguez
A really good book

I love read her series. The characters feel like ur friends and family. I cant wait to read more of her series. Thanks for the love u give in ur books.
Cecly Ann
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable refeshing story of love, trust and second chances for parents, adult children and wounded lovers.
Pat Christie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

He's a pilot, she's a jewelry designer. Both have been hurt and aren't interested in a Normal relationship but love finds a way.
jean buck
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True Romance

I loved this series. I like the way the characters inter act. Truely believable story. I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to story on Ben!
Katie Harder-schauer
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Smoke is the ultimate bachelor. He's not interested in letting anything or anyone tie him down, and his job as a pilot is the most important thing in his life. He's an expert at the game of seduction, and he never loses. But he has secrets that not many people know.

Laura's a man-eater. She takes what she wants, always in charge and in control. She's not interested in being tied down by any man, and is a flight risk if one so much as tries. She's used to winning and getting her way.

When Smoke and
Just Another Girl And Her Books

When Smoke and
Goodreads Librari...: Combine book pages? 3 12 Jul 10, 2014 01:06PM
Goodreads Librari...: New Book to Series 3 13 May 17, 2014 04:20AM
  • Falling for the Wingman (Kelly Brothers, #3)
  • Choosing Chase
  • Artificial Love (The Good Bye Trilogy, #2)
  • Past Tense Future Perfect
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 2 (Pure Sin, #1.2)
  • Drunk in Love (More Than Friends, #2)
  • Side Effects
  • Can't Walk Away (River Bend, #3)
  • Flawed Perfection (Beautifully Flawed, #1)
  • Zarina and the Djinn (Once Upon a Spell, #5)
  • To Make a King (The Magic of Verridian Book 1)
  • Fire In His Eyes (Secrets & Seduction, #1)
  • Tiger In Her Bed (Tiger in her Bed #1)
  • My Name Is A'yen (A'yen's Legacy #1)
  • Of Vice and Virtue (Time Walkers, #3)
  • At First Blush (The Immortelle #2)
  • Sugar Baby Lies
  • Heavy Weather (A Carolina Coast Novel)
Hi, I'm SJ. A coffee addict, lover of chocolate and drinker of good red wines. I'm a lost soul and a hopeless romantic. Reading and writing are necessary parts of who I am. Though perhaps not as necessary as coffee! I can drink coffee without writing, but I can't write without coffee.

I grew up loving romance novels, my first boyfriends were book boyfriends, but life intervened, as it tends to do,

Summer Lake (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Love like You've Never Been Hurt (Summer Lake, #1)
  • Work like You Don't Need the Money (Summer Lake, #2)
  • Dance like Nobody's Watching (Summer Lake, #3)
  • Laugh Like You've Never Cried (Summer Lake, #5)
  • Sing Like Nobody's Listening (Summer Lake, #6)
  • Smile Like You Mean It (Summer Lake, #7)
  • The Wedding Dance (Summer Lake, #8)
  • Chasing Tomorrow (Summer Lake, #9)
  • Dream Like Nothing's Impossible (Summer Lake, #10)
  • Ride Like You've Never Fallen (Summer Lake #11)