Start by marking “Company's Going” as Want to Read:
Company's Going

Company's Going

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
There's going to be a wedding in outer space, on planet Nextoo! And, after having tasted Shirl's meatballs, the spaceman ask Shirley and Moe a teeny weeny favor: would they be so kind as to cater the simple celestial celebration for four hundred and eighty-seven alien guests (give or take a few)? Shirl is thrilled, but Moe has his doubts--after all, who wants to travel pas ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Company's Going, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Company's Going

Meredith Spidel
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun and funny, it's so nice to share a creative, original story with my kiddos! Thanks, Disney, for sending us a copy in exchange for an honest review. It was the perfect dose of laughter we needed!
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Cross-posted from Kiss the Book reviewer's personal Goodreads account

Yorinks, Arthur Company's Going illustrated by David Small, 40 pages. PICTURE BOOK Disney (Hyperion), 2018 (originally published in 2001). $17.

EL (K-3) - ADVISABLE

In the sequel to Company's Coming, the aliens enjoyed their visit with Shirley and Moe so much, that they've asked the couple to come back to their planet (Nextoo) to cater for their sister's wedding.

You've gotta buy both books! What a fun story that comes full circl
Lisa
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

You've gotta buy both books! What a fun story that comes full circle, in Company's Coming, the aliens visit the Earth (with consequences) and in Company's Going, the the Humans visit the aliens. I love the message that everyone is more afraid about what they don't know than what is actually happeni
Gmr
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to COMPANY'S COMING actually ranked higher in my book than the first. We pick up just where we left off....the dinner party is over, all the "guests" have gone home, and the alien visitors want to take Shirley and Moe to their home planet...but it's not exactly what you think. A case of mistaken identity, a few ray gun shots, and a whole lot of meatball making magic later, and we close scene with a tear filled goodbye, and a reminder once again that not everything is what it at first ...more
Anthony
After the nice dinner, Shirley and Moe's visitors ask them to cater their sister's wedding , and serve those delicious meatballs. When they arrive on the planet Nextoo, a nervous Uncle Irving zaps them with his ray gun. After they wake up, and discover the zap has cured their arthritis, Shirley made so many meatballs in one day, that the entire planet attended the wedding, and enjoyed them.
Luann
Mar 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, picture-book
Still fun, although not quite up to the quality of Company's Coming. In some of the illustrations, Shirl looks slightly deranged. The story is somewhat more complicated as Moe and Shirl travel to Nextoo to cater the spacemen's sister's wedding.
Lisa
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It reads hilariously! I'd read it first without the kids to get the tone down, but when they get to the planet there's the most hilarious line used... "Well clip my toenails! I didn't know!" My kids (7, 5, and 2)made me read about 12 times and giggled hysterically ever.single.time.
Terri
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: child-lit, cpl
Love how wacky this story is--wacky characters, wacky situation, wacky sense of humor.
Gina
Dec 12, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Follow up to Company's Coming.
Naomi Blackburn
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I seriously have no sense of humor. I thought this book was silly but not in a good way. In some ways I guess I could see kids thinking it was cute, but I would still question that.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Not nearly as good as the first book.
Karen
Jan 08, 2009 added it
this book is about humor and deadpan telling willdelight young readers and listeners.to read this book.
Donna