Start by marking “Give Peas a Chance: The Foolproof Guide to Feeding Your Picky Toddler” as Want to Read:
Give Peas a Chance: The Foolproof Guide to Feeding Your Picky Toddler

Give Peas a Chance: The Foolproof Guide to Feeding Your Picky Toddler

Like every parent, you've probably...

�Begged, "Please, just take one more bite"
�Wondered if you should "sneak" nutrition into what you make
�Worried that your child is picky, and just getting pickier

A practical and easy-to-use guide from registered dietitian and pediatric specialist Kate Samela, Give Peas a Chance is everything you need to finally manage finicky toddl

Published January 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks

To ask other readers questions about Give Peas a Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Peas a Chance

Start your review of Give Peas a Chance: The Foolproof Guide to Feeding Your Picky Toddler
Jaime
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, parenting
If you are a parent, I’m sure some version of the words “why won’t my child eat???” have escaped your lips on at least one occasion. In my case, it’s way too often. Max, who is almost 4, is a terribly picky eater. Some examples of what he will eat: any breakfast food that resembles bread or pancakes, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, a variety of things with peanut butter and jelly on them, cereal. Examples of things he won’t eat: pasta, even mac & cheese; any sort of raw vegetable. And other people wi ...more
trina
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a really useful work for understanding and expanding my picky toddler's eating habits. i won't say he's quite eating like a french kid yet, but we've expanded the amount of vegetables he eats in a week, and things he'll try overall, so i'm sure he'll be pounding escargots and stinky cheese in no time.
Izzatina Hamid
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mommy-reads
A helpful book. My son was having some digestive issues and this book helped to clear many of my concerns. A great reminder for myself to model good eating habits as your toddler will naturally follow what you do and eat.
Laura Roberts
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Helped me to realized that my picky 15 month old is completely normal. Really helped me to understand just how much food he needs to be eating (a lot less than I thought). I loved all the tips and food suggestions that I was able to start implementing right away. It has only been a week and I already feel like my son's eating has improved and he seems to be gaining weight again. Highly recommended!
Courtney
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It made me feel empowered about feeding my 17 month old, and made me realize that she is normal and not to expect too much from her. I also loved the different and easy ideas for lunch, breakfast, dinner, and snacks, because I often times get in a rut of feeding my daughter the same foods. Easy to read and understand; I recommend it to all moms of toddlers! I will probably purchase a copy of this book someday.
Benjamin Sigrist
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
A good reference to what kids should be eating when. Nothing super original or any magic bullets on how to get kids to try new food (offering it a dozen times or more, etc), but some good hints on distracting kids when they say they are done/don't want it (ignore them and change the conversation to keep them in their seats).

I do appreciate the quick product recommendations (not just foods, but specific brands/items that she's vetted).

Looking forward to improving Evan's diet this year!
Gavin
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Has excellent background info on proper nutrition which is reassuring to know what is healthy or not. Also provides ideas on dealing with "picky eaters". More detail than I would have liked. Good skim read.
Briana
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
Lots of good advice about getting a toddler to enjoy eating a variety of foods, with sound nutritional guidelines that aren't overwhelming. After reading this, I actually felt like I am raising a champion eater and have no reason to be anxious, but I will definitely use some of the suggestions.
Emily Linacre
Rachel Lane
Oct 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bunny
  • The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
  • The Quintland Sisters
  • City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts
  • Oh Crap! Potty Training: Everything Modern Parents Need to Know  to Do It Once and Do It Right
  • The Bad Seed (The Bad Seed, #1)
  • Giraffe Problems
  • I Will Chomp You!
  • Pearl Jam: Place/Date
  • Olivia and the Missing Toy (Olivia, #3)
  • Olivia Goes to Venice
  • Olivia (Olivia, #1)
  • Olivia and the Fairy Princesses
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Olivia Forms a Band (Olivia, #4)
  • Olivia the Spy
1 follower
Kate is Pediatric Registered Dietitian at Connecticut Children's Medical Center in the Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition. She has been in practice for 13 years, and is the mother of two children.

News & Interviews