Start by marking “Santa's Stuck” as Want to Read:

Santa's Stuck

This playful picture book answers the age-old question: Just how does Santa shimmy up and down chimneys? Not very easily sometimes! When the rotund fellow with a sweet tooth overdoes it on the snacks, he gets stuck inside a chimney. The reindeer on the roof try pulling him out, to no avail. A dog, a cat, and some kittens try pushing from below, with no luck. It takes a tin ...more
Published September 14th 2006 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Santa's Stuck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Santa's Stuck

April
Dec 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storyhour-books
What happens when Santa gets stuck in the chimney after one too many cookies. It's up to the dog, the cat and the mouse to figure out a way to get him out. My storyhour kids really enjoyed this one.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Pretty cute--might be fun to repeat the "No-o-o-o, Santa's stuck" part in a storytime. I don't know if it would be my go-to. And the picture where the mouse gets a bulldozer (?) to push Santa out is pretty unclear as to what happens. But funny topic.
Stephanie  Weatherly
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My littles love this Christmas book. They choose it as one of our nighttime books at least 4 times a week. We've made, "No luck, Santa's stuck" into a little song and they love to sing along as we read.
Susan S.C.C.L.
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story and rhyming text. Such a cute idea with the reindeer and household animals coming to Santa's rescue. The illustrations are bold and colorful too. This is a book to purchase for our holiday book box and read again and again at Christmas time... and worth a read anytime!!
Jill
Dec 23, 2011 rated it liked it
The kids loved this!

I read this as a fun book during this short week we had. This was the story of Santa eating too many cookies and getting stuck in the chimney on the way out.

They thought this book was too funny. And they were so surprised to learn that Santa just chills at your house while he's eating cookies, haha!

I had a follow-up activity to this book but I didn't use it because of a lack of time. I'll definitely read this again in the future.
Dolly
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a silly, rhyming tale about Santa having one too many cookies on Christmas Eve. The story is fun to read aloud and the illustrations are colorful and hilarious. We enjoyed reading this book together. Our youngest said that she read this one at school, too, and couldn't wait for me to read it.
Lisa
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it
This story would compliment the traditional "Night Before Christmas" and provide an example of alternate form using poetry. However, overall it was too didactic and leaves one with the feeling that Santa shouldn't be overweight. Then, the ending just come too abruptly for satisfaction. It's cute but not great. I will not buy it.
Cindi
Dec 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
When I chose Christmas picture books this year, I tried to get all kinds. Spiritual, fun, true meaning of Christmas, etc. This was one of the fun selections and the kids really enjoyed it. Santa just can't stop eating treats and guess what happens!!
Pam
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great illustrations and a story of crisis on Christmas eve makes for a fun time. I love how the household animals come to Santa's aid. My only criticism is that the end was a bit abrupt and one more page showing the indoor animals would have been appreciated.
Peacegal
Dec 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute Christmas book about the perils of eating too many cookies. The family pets and Santa's reindeer help Santa get "un-stuck" from the chimney and continue on his way. One "faux paw": the family cat has a litter of kittens.
Paula
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story is so cute! I read it to many of my students and they loved it!
Carol Royce Owen
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
A twist on the Great Big Enormous Turnip where mouse comes along to save the day when Santa gets stuck in the chimney. Fun rhyming book that my kindergarten through 3rd grade students loved
Toni
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I would use this when I do my Christmas writing prompt
Hannah Cobb
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Santa eats a few too many tasty treats in this cute rhyming picture book. Will the reindeer and the household pets be able to free him from the chimney?
Theresa
Jan 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
christmas
Lauren
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this to a third grade class today. It was adorable.
Tam
May 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
I think my boys (ages 4 & 8) would have really liked this rhyming book if we hadn't just read "Are You Grumpy Santa?" before it (and they liked that one more).

Page
Jan 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: logans-books
This was just okay. My son thought it was funny, and it was. It was cute-just not one of the better books we have read.
Candice
Aug 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
One of my young daughter's favorites when she was 3 years old.
Michelle
Nov 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Always a hit at storytime
Miss Kious
Dec 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Santa had too many snacks and gets stuck in a chimney! It takes lots of help to get him out of there!
Rosalee
Jan 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute and funny Christmas story. Santa gets stuck in the chimney and it takes teamwork to get him out.
Stephanie
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
The illustrations are prieceless...
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute Christmas book.
Kay
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, read-2016
Santa's Stuck by Rhonda Gowler Greene is a story about Santa getting stuck in a chimney, and with help from friends he's finally able to get out.
Shannon Clark
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very cute book. I used it for visualizing with my 6th graders.
Brooke Beeson-king
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Santa Duck
  • Tomorrow's Alphabet
  • The Gingerbread Pirates
  • Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight?
  • Mooseltoe
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • Harold at the North Pole
  • Happy Halloween, Biscuit!
  • If You Decide To Go To The Moon