Start by marking “Come Back (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #2)” as Want to Read:
Come Back (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #2)

Come Back

(Dirty, Dark, and Deadly #2)

Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #2
This is a SERIES. This is BOOK TWO.

“Secrets keep the darkness alive,” Harper tells me. But that’s not how I see it at all. Secrets keep me alive. The truth is overrated. Honesty is never the best policy. And everything you know absolutely can hurt you.

The contracts I fulfill are just agreements. Death is a business deal. Secrets are currency in m
Published July 21st 2014 by Science Future Press (first published July 19th 2014)

Christy
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Dirty, Dark, and Deadly STARS!!

photo 85634f75-d0a4-4d05-a451-8e10277f2a2e_zps850baf71.jpg

Do you love stories that keep you engrossed the entire time your reading? Interesting characters, original story lines full of suspense, twists and turns, sex and humor? JA Huss gives that to me every single time I read one of her books. That is why she is a go to author of mine. Come Back is no exception.

Trust. It’s something that doesn’t come easy to any one in ‘The Company’. James is determined to make Harper trust him. But that’s difficult. He is in a posit
Beverly
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I say this all the time, but seriously how do Julie do this? She is so freaking smart. I am reading this and as things unfold I am can't imagine keeping all these books and characters straight - then the twists!! She is insane!

Come Back is insane and left me begging for more. I cannot wait to see what happens with James and Harper!!
S.M. West
5 DEADLY DANGEROUS STARS

If death is a deal, then love is a promise. Death is my job.

photo COMEBACK1_zpsd67a40cf.jpg

“I remember the dirty deal I made with death. And death is coming back to collect.”

Come Back is the second book in the series and picks up from Come, the prequel novella that focused on James Fenici (aka Tet or Six), a Company assassin and Harper Tate (aka Lionfish), the head of the Company’s daughter and also, an on-the-run killer.

This book takes place over maybe a week, not much more than that and involves
Eliza
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Title: Come Back (Dirty, Dark & Deadly, #2)
Series: Dirty, Dark & Deadly
Author: J.A. Huss
Release Date: July 21st, 2014
Rating: 5 "Bulletproof" Stars
Cliffhanger: Yes

My immediate reaction after reading this was "Fu*k me." Closely followed by feeling of Hope. Maybe a little naively but I hope for everything to work out perfectly. For James and Harper to be free of the her father and The Company, for James' debts to be repaid and for them to have some sense of normality.

"You take away the emp
Michelle
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
5+ Dirty Promise Stars

Screenshot_7

Come Back is the second book in the Dirty, Dark & Deadly Series, Come is the first in the series and is a novella that focuses mainly on Harper Tate and encounter with James Fenici. Now this series has some overlap with prior books that J.A. Huss has written. I'll link the reading order to these books at the end of this review. Each one is absolutely fantastic and although not all tie in to this series, they all should be read.

A favor has been called in, after all in
Laura Elizabeth
Ok my day did not go as planned. I planned to get a ton of housework done today. I did not do that. I picked up this book and said to myself " just one chapter". So after six hours of me not moving eyes from book, shoving junk food at my five kids to shut them up so I could continue to read, I am done reading this.

So, dear Julie here is my end of book "shit" thoughts. (In honor of your love of The F bomb, here's a few for you.......)
What the Fuck did I just read?
Where the Fuck is this going?
I l
Elizabeth
When I finished reading Come Back, I was like:

description

The plot twists and turns in this series are better than a roller coaster. We met our power couple James and Harper in the first book, Come! We know James is "technically" a bad boy. We know that Harper is not your typical girl next door. We know that together they are sexy as hell! No matter what, James is not letting go of Harper.

description

As Come Back begins, questions that were left unanswered begin to morph into bigger questions. The answers are few and t
Kim Bailey
What an incredible, wild & crazy read!
So many moving parts. Just when I thought I was figuring things out, it all blew up & I was back in the dark. Wow, just wow!
The characters are really well developed and believable. Sasha is crazy & I love her. She's everything I wanted to be when I was 13.
So anxious for the next book & the conclusion of this twisted tale!
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

☆☆☆☆☆ 5 Come Back Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

Pardon my language but COME BACK by J.A. Huss is hands down fucking AH-MAZZING. With that being said, this book is a MUST READ!! You will not want to put this book down. And once you are done with the book, you are left begging for more of Harper, James, and Sasha. All I can say is that J.A. Huss is one of my favorite authors and everything she writes is PERFECTION for me.

Harper can be mine. No-Harper will be mine.
Jana Aston
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So many twisty feels...

COME BACK picks up where COME left off. James has taken off leaving Harper waiting. Turns out he had an errand to run... in the form of picking up a 13 year old girl from a deserted Colorado prairie, by the name of Sasha. (If you're paying really close attention Sasha first appeared in Slack. She had a scene with Ford while Merc worked out a deal with her Dad.)

Sasha will steal your heart before you'e finished the first chapter. She may also steal the entire book.

This book
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story just gets better and better!
C-Money
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shut the fuck up and buy this book. You have to read this book. If there is book this year that you read make it this book.

My blood is on fire, my nerves are fried, my mind is racing and I can't fucking sit still. I feel like I'm on speed and I need something to bring me down. I need a downer.

Fuck. This. Shit. What. The. Fuck. On repeat. Right. Now. In my head.

I don't make sense you say. Well this fucking book is just so fucking genius. It's a movie, like the matrix and you have no clue who i
Snow
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
well, there's not much to say here other than...freakin' WOW!!!
yes, i tend to overreact, cause this book ha dme worked up on several levels.

first: the plot - most of the time I was just starting to catch up on thing and then, all of a sudden I would be like this:

than I would go back and re-read it, just to get a few pointers clear...God, there are so many bullshits out there to deal with and f*cked up situations that the characters have to endure and over come just to clear their heads from doub
Kara
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Kara by: J.A. Huss
description

Hope makes you want things that won't come.
Hope breaks your heart.

JA did it again. This one ranks right up as one of my all time favorite of hers! Easily 5 stars. This author can build a story, make you live in the world of said story, and then will have you cheering for the characters right along with the book!

**James is almost as sexy as my FORD!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
4.5 'WE NEED MORE OF THIS' Stars!

“Game starts now.”

Gitte: As I was reading Come Back, I kept thinking to myself….What the F is going on? Can anyone spell whiplash? One minute I thought I had it all figured out, only to having no bloody clue the next! Talk about throwing red herrings, teasers and placing a few U-turns in there! JA Huss writes with passion, emotion and can throw a spin on anything! Oh and let’s not forget the extremely hot nookie and filthy talking! Mostly though, she can ha
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
To say I love this book is certainly an understatement !!
I already loved "Come" which I read in the Bend anthology and I wanted this one so bad!

I don't know how J.A.Huss managed to handle all the different stories but it's brilliant!

Each page brings you to ask questions! You don't know who to trust, what to believe!
description

At the end of the book, some questions have been answered while many others remain unresolved.

I haven't read the R&R books nor the spin-off's books and I felt a bit taken aback a
Reanell Tisdale
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5+ dark and deadly stars!

Jesus. I NEED book 3 now!

Now THAT ladies and gentlemen is how it is done! JA Huss KNOWS HER SHIT! Seriously with every new book I read from her, I fall in even more love with her writing. Come Back was EXPLOSIVE!! Just when I thought I new what was going on, I would be thrown for a loop and wondering what in the actual fuck is happening here?! This book had so many twists and turns, and my goodness the sex was out of this world fucking hot!

photo comebackteaser.jpg

^^^did your panties just mel
Debbie♥ love my Ducks♥
This was AWESOME. Love a twisty book that keeps me guessing. Great sex, lots of action and James is a dirty boy :). Cannot wait for the third book and Merc's story! Another homerun from Ms. Huss, keep 'em comin' Julie xoxo.
Teresa
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Holy crap! This was amazing. I have devoured it in about a day and I could not put it down.

The Dirty, Dark and Deadly series (Come / Come Back and Coming for You) is marketed as well as stand-alone in its own right, and it could probably be read like that with no much problem, but there are so many aspects of it that are so closely intertwined with the Rook & Ronin universe (particularly with Ford and Spencer's stories), that I am completely sure I would not have got the full blown impact o
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 'WE NEED MORE OF THIS' Stars!

“Game starts now.”

a_tiffyfit
Review to come. But just know that Dirty, Dark, and Deadly are spot on. <3 And...it's a cliffhanger. Next book due in November or so, I believe!
******************

COME BACK is the second book in the Dirty, Dark, & Deadly series. COME is the first book, which first was published in the (now banned) BEND Anthology by The Erotica Consortium. You can buy COME for 99cents at amazon: http://bit.ly/ComeJAHuss.

Okay, so here's the thing. You can read this series completely on its own. But for ful
DKristin
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
***DISCLAIMER*** Okay, I'm still in the thick of my upper respiratory infection and I'm hoping that this review does not suffer because of that...

photo b4a480f3-dfac-429d-ac91-ece9b0e0c3b3.jpg

I give Come Back a solid 4.5 stars. The story picked up where Come left off. It was easy to catch up with what was going on and where Harper and James were. Then we get the added bonus of throwing Sasha into mix for the ride.

photo 96637351-d3d7-4f2f-850b-7cffdc9df40a.jpg

I enjoyed the make shift family unit they end up making, even though every one has trust issues coming out of the ass!!! They
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Spoiler Free Series Review

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

Well what can I say other than this has signature J A Huss written all over it. Honestly, all three books in the "Dirty, Dark & Deadly" series were such a whirlwind of mind fuckery and craziness, I didn't know if I was coming or going half the time but it was brilliant because I was kept on my toes from the first page to the last, gripped by the plot that unfolded before
Misty Crook mcelroy
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5+++++++ Dirty Dark Stars!!!

I just need to start by saying this book had my heart racing and armpits sweating from beginning to the end! JA writes such an amazing book starting with plot lines, writing amazing characters, and keeping you in absolute knots until the end! Pure brilliance!

I love the fact that you are questioning everything this entire read. One minute you think you have it and the next minute you are doubting everything. You are not sure who's good who's bad, or who or what in the
Imani
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another ringer from J.A. Huss!!

Amazing story telling and characters. I wish I read this before I read Meet Me in the Dark but I like reading about Sasha when she was younger.

J.A. is an amazing author, please read her books. They're action packed and you never know what the character knows or planning.
Angelina
"5 Dirty, Dark, and Deadly Stars"

Bing
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing

What I loved most about Julie's books was the cohesiveness of her stories. It seemed like she planned, or at least it was already firmly set in her mind, how and when all of the revelations will play out. It was like she had an alternate world in her mind where she already saw or watched ( in case her mind works like movies with reels playing coz for some people it was really like that, right?) how their story started and ended, and how the characters' lives intertwined at some point.

Case in po
Trisha
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Come Back is the second book in the Dirty, Dark, and Deadly series with the third book coming out in November. If you haven't read Come you really need to before moving on to this. You can pick up Come at http://www.amazon.com/Come-Dirty-Dark...

Here is where it gets tricky for me. You meet characters from both Come and Come Back in the Rook and Ronin series. I would suggest you start reading there first and then move on to this series so you understand the references to Merc, Ford, etc. I would
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
4.5 ★

So, this picks up where Come ended. And if you're like me and haven't read Taut: The Ford Book, you also meet a new character, Sasha (at least that's my understanding, and no worries, it doesn't change anything).

You find out more background about James, and how Harper fit into his past, which was kinda' creepy in a way but I suppose makes sense as you move forward. You get a glimpse of how Sasha fits into the whole thing although I'm still not fully sure how she does. You get more details
C.D.'s Canaries: Come Back BR 7/28/14 235 40 Aug 03, 2014 01:23AM
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Two (Red & Wolfe, #2)
  • Use (Forbidden, #2)
  • Burn (Blood & Roses, #3)
  • Worth (Bend Anthology)
  • Bend (Bend Anthology)
  • Blurred Lines
  • Craving Me, Desiring You (Triple M, #4)
  • Hard Roads
  • Vanquish (Deliver, #2)
  • Silas (Assassins, #3)
  • Dair (The Wild Side, #3)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

Dirty, Dark, and Deadly (3 books)
  • Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1)
  • Coming for You (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #3)
“How many dead bodies does it take for an assassin to grow a conscience?” 5 likes
“I don’t want to go back to Merc. He’s crazy. I want Ford.” 2 likes