Start by marking “Stories and Scripts: an Anthology” as Want to Read:
Stories and Scripts: an Anthology

Stories and Scripts: an Anthology

Thought-provoking, dreamy, sad, and hilarious, this collection of works by Zack Love takes the reader on a diverse and unforgettable literary journey through a variety of topics, themes, and emotions. The anthology totals about 73,000 words and contains a novelette, four short stories, a theater play, and a screenplay.

These seven spellbinding stories spanning several style
Published May 12th 2014 by SQ Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Stories and Scripts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories and Scripts

The Doorman by Zack LoveStories and Scripts by Zack LoveCity Solipsism by Zack LoveCentral Park Song by Zack LoveWaiting for 2000 by Zack Love
2014 SHORT STORIES
37 books — 76 voters
A World of Possibility by Christopher  ShieldsA World of Romance by Christopher  ShieldsStories and Scripts by Zack LovePeace, Love, & Romance by Jennifer TheriotThe Norton Anthology of English Literature, Volume 1 by M.H. Abrams
Anthologies
275 books — 172 voters

More lists with this book...

Verna Loves Books
May 21, 2014 Verna Loves Books rated it it was amazing
I have to say this is one of the best combinations of short stories you are ever going to read. I am definitely adding this one to my favorites list because it is so unique. I couldn’t have been happier to have gotten the chance to read each and every single one of these stories. The book itself is brilliant and gives you all kinds of things to look forward to. You get insightfulness; brilliance, love stories, comedies, and even stories that make you stop and think. It’s again a wonderful combin ...more
Colleen Farrell
May 17, 2014 Colleen Farrell rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Zack's writing and yet again he does not disappoint.

A compilation of short stories and screenplays that are sure to suit all.

I have thoroughly enjoyed,some are hilarious laugh out loud moments while others are more thought provoking and contemplative.
Jessica Leonard
May 19, 2014 Jessica Leonard rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that you can get all these now in one place! Of course being a huge fan I have one clicked all of Zack Love's work and to get all these for that price is amazing. If you haven't read his work, you must. He is a writing genius and I am obsessed with his stories!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a couple of reviews of stories featured in this

THE DOORMAN

I must say that this short story had my mind going in circles and th
Crystal Solis
May 23, 2014 Crystal Solis rated it it was amazing
All of Zack Love's short stories and screenplays in one book sounded too good to be true. But, it was even better than I imagined because it had a total of seven stories and some of them I had not even had the pleasure of reading before! This was great because in the anthology I paid less for the seven stories than I did if you added up ALL of his short stories and screenplays I already purchased. Being that I'm a HUGE Zack Love fan, I went ahead and bought the anthology anyway, and it was so wo ...more
Elena Cruz (Jazzy World of E's Bookshelf)
It isn't every day where I can say I loved every single story in an anthology. This is the case with Zack Love's Stories and Scripts: An Anthology. Each story offers something different from romance and comedy to philosophical and theological. What ties this set together so well is that Zack Love is a great writer. He knows how to write stories that pull you in. This anthology showcases that really well. It's hard for me to pick a favorite from this set because I like them all so much for differ ...more
Myriam
May 19, 2014 Myriam rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
AN AMAZING COLLECTION FOR AN AMAZING PRIZE!!!!

All of Zack Love's short works plus some extra bonuses for one low price? Why yes, sign me up!!! I have most of these individually but it's great to have them all in one place!! This amazing collection has a little something for everyone: Comedy, Romance, and even a bit of Paranormal hints!!

I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys losing themselves in a good story...and you have plenty to choose from. Here are some of my favorites...

THE DOORMAN:
Sarah Z
May 16, 2014 Sarah Z rated it it was amazing
Ok so I'm not sure this review can contain the awesomeness that is an anthology of Zack Love's pieces of work. Your are getting a massive amount of reading for such a tiny price!!!

I have read the majority of these stories and I absolutely love them all!!!

This has something for everyone.

Stories that will make you think, laugh, cry because you are laughing so hard :)

I honestly haven't found an author that has so many different genres of stories until I found Zack Love!!!

I can guarantee that you wi
Janet
May 16, 2014 Janet rated it it was amazing
Zack Love all bundled in one,
Dare I say what could be more fun!

This new release is an anthology of his works to date,
Yes, you heard right. I think it must be fate!

Seven fantastic stories all under one cover,
What a great buy! Go now and discover.

Sex in the Title sneak peek, that’s all I will say,
The Doorman makes you analyze and think, yeh.

Central Park Song will have your heart skipping a beat,
City Solipsism will make you laugh and giggle in your seat!

Waiting for 2000 takes us back in time,
Billi
Anita Viccica - Toss
A GREAT COLLECTION OF SHORT STORIES! I've read 6 of the 7 short stories in this collection by Zack Love and I've enjoyed them all. Whether he's writing a beautiful love story, a zany stage play with silly banter, or an insightful, thought-provoking and quite moving story about 9/11, Zack never fails to pull you into his stories! In this anthology, he illustrates the beauty, depth and range of his awesome writing and story telling abilities. Zack truly puts his heart and soul into everything he w ...more
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
The Doorman

This was my first piece of work I have read by Zack Love. I have been wanting to for what seems like forever. So I was so excited to get finally get to sit and read his work.

Alex has just landed a high paying new job on Wall Street and also has moved into a condo on a Fifth Street. Of course he likes having a high paying job but he wants to do something more meaningful. He works so much that he doesn't actually get to enjoy life so really what is the point of making so much money of
Diane
May 17, 2014 Diane rated it it was amazing
This review is MY opinion. Please read the synopsis before purchasing this book. *Be kind and leave a review*

Zack Love has made it easy for everyone to get all his works. Zack gives you a little bit of everything in one collection.

City Solipsism is the short story of a man who finds himself wondering about a woman who is on the same subway train. This story takes you inside the mind of a subway rider. Do you think the same things when you see someone on the subway, bus, or plane?

Central Park So
Renee Dyer
May 16, 2014 Renee Dyer rated it it was amazing
I am so excited to see so many of Zack's works in an anthology. I've had the pleasure of reading several of his works and each one is more brilliant than the last. Mr. Love has a way of spinning tales that are well written and thought out. He doesn't fill his writing with fluff and unnecessary commentary to try to fill the pages. His stories, as you'll see range from serious to the all out hilarious. This is another reason I am such a fan.

Outside of Sex in the Title (which is not in this antholo
Magic Within the Pages
May 18, 2014 Magic Within the Pages rated it it was amazing
Reviewer : Kaylene
Rating : 5 Stars

**Copy received from Author in exchange for an honest review**

Good stories, all rolled into one neat package.

I found this to be a neat package of seven stories all rolled into one tidy book. It is a collection of works by Zack Love which explores your emotions, including laughter, sadness, fun, romance and even some reflection.

Daina Lazzarotto
May 16, 2014 Daina Lazzarotto rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that I got all these incredible stories for such a low price. I can't say enough about this anthology so here is a bit of a review on a couple of my favorite stories.

If you haven't read anything by Zack Love before here is your chance to get all his short stories for a ridiculous price!

The Doorman- an amazing story about life, it's ups it's downs and how much what you do today can reflect on tomorrow. A story about how one moment in your life can change your outlook on life, the
Lisa
May 17, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
An awesome book full of short stories, tales, scripts and dare i say it Love.

Mr Love pulls no punches yet again with these stories, they're hard, gritty, full of humour, thought provoking, philosophical reads.

I read this from cover to cover and was not disappointed, several short and completely different stories told in varying styles of writing.
Zack doesn't have a usual style of writing however his work is very versatile and keeps you on your toes.

They're fresh, innovative, enlightening, all th
Abbie
May 16, 2014 Abbie rated it it was amazing
This is freaking awesome! One book with all of your favorites by Zack Love. What? You don't have a favorite? Trust me once you read some of his work they will all be your favorite. Zack Love is so talented. This anthology has several different ranges, and there is something for everyone to love.

I really enjoyed every single script and story in this book! I can't specifically say which is my absolute favorite because there is such a wide range of stories and they are all written so differently y
United Indie Book Blog
May 17, 2014 United Indie Book Blog rated it it was amazing
More Zack Love all together!
Now you can get several stories and plays together in one book. It is fun to reread stories I've read before like "City Sophism" and "The Doorman".
"Central Park Song" is a thought provoking story of a NY lawyer and a homeless man. It is refreshing to read about homelessness and see the people involved not the stereotypes.
"The Grand Unified Story" is about a couple's walk along the Charles River. They discuss how their meeting fits into the universe's creation.
I hope y
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Jun 01, 2014 BooksandBeyondFiftyShades rated it it was amazing

Zack Love has gone above and beyond with this book 7 stories in one book!!!!

You have to go in with an open mind when you start reading the book, but once you start going you will experience all this emotions. And you will also learn that there are more than one opinion in life.

You can not get a better deal than this!!

I will recommend this book. Thank you Zack love for sharing your amazing work with us!!!
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
This anthology showcases Zack Love’s differing styles of writing in a handy bundle. You get to experience the versatility and thought provoking way he has of immersing you into his stories. His ease for weaving words into captivating stories is incredible. And the price for these seven works of magic is icing on the cake.
After reading all the stories in this anthology, saying that I loved them is a huge understatement. Here is a very brief review of a few of these works…

The Doorman
An inspiring,
Hooked On Books
May 18, 2014 Hooked On Books rated it really liked it
This is the first of Zack Love’s writing I have been lucky enough to read, and I surprisingly enjoyed his style of writing. At first I found it a little drawn out but I think that’s more to do with the style of writing I am use to reading normally rather than because of how he writes, however as I got onto the third story/script I was use to it and really enjoyed his style of writing. He has a great sense of humour and I often found myself laughing out loud.

I especially enjoyed the Screenplay an
Books&Dreams
May 22, 2014 Books&Dreams rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

BookWorms review done by Lauren.
This is a compilation of stories by Zack Love
We gave this book 5 stars

A little bit of everything in one book!!
All in all this book was a great compilation of a great author and his work. I found that most of the stories made me wonder myself what life's possibilities were. While reading this compilation you need to have an open mind, when I started out reading I did not have that, and it was torturous to read. But once I went back and put my closed-mindedness be
Anna Worth the Read Blog
May 25, 2014 Anna Worth the Read Blog rated it it was amazing
WTRBlog Review:
4.5 out of 5 Stars
I love this collection that Zack Love has put together. It's different from most of my other reads. From different writing formats for example in scrip format, which means it set up like you would read if in a move or play, to concepts to that run deep with thought about life, where you may question your belief in the All Mighty. He touches topics of prejudice not only race but how the financial status does not make ones intelligence or lack of. This unique read
Tiffany
Nov 15, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: downloaded
I rarely read anthologies, but knew I had to read Zack Love's. I recently fell in love after reading, The Syrian Virgin.

Love, is master story teller, and this collection really highlights that. You get a bit of everything in this anthology. Things you didn't even know you'd want to read, like plays and scripts. The only thing missing was some poetry! Ha! (Maybe the next anthology) There is something lyrical about the way, Love , writes though. Flows through you capturing your imagination. Very i
Ceecee
May 26, 2014 Ceecee rated it it was amazing
The synopsis that goes along with each and every piece of literature in this anthology summarizes with perfect skill.

Zack Love is a brilliant writer that quickly captured my attention and held me hostage until the final page. I thoroughly enjoyed his intelligent writing style and creative nature. Great for quick reads on the go, separately, or perfect for one very entertaining sitting!
Donna
Jan 05, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
What a ride Zack Love takes you on. From believing to laughing out loud. Whether you want to think or just have a good laugh this book is for you.
Courtney
Jun 04, 2014 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.75 It really got me thinking and I couldn't put it down STARS

*ARC provided by author for honest review and book blog*

Are you looking to see the variety and dimension of a writer? Would you love to sample some of their work all in one place??? Well Zack Love has answered your calling!!! Stories and Scripts: Am anthology is a collection of 4 short stories, a screenplay, a novelette, and a theater play and it is all combined into 349 pages or 73,000 words and let me just say that is a fun read, a
Kaylene Osborn
May 19, 2014 Kaylene Osborn rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kaylene by: Magic Within the Pages as a review copy supplied by the author.
Good stories, all rolled into one neat package.

Even after reading these stories I think my favourite is still City Solipsism, as I just loved the whole concept of the story and the experience of riding the subway and his chance meeting and how he ponders through his experiences.
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
My Review:

4.7 Star Review - Stories and Scripts: An Anthology

Book with 7 reads.

You get tales, scripts, and stories.

It's from Zach Love so you know you are going to laugh until you cry.

The stories all flow well and I was able to read through in one sitting.

You get tons of laughs but also some love thrown in.

Some of the characters from Sex in the title make an appearance in a story and only to have you laughing out loud.

One of the stories is about a homeless man and a Lawyer.

Not your typical s
Lily (Hopelessly Devoted 2 Books) Wallis
Overall this is an amazing Anthology and I'm not going to lie I was surprised at how diverse Zack is as a writer, you just wouldn't expect anyone to able to successfully write so many different genres! Honestly no one has a right to be as talented as Zack is, but don't tell him I said that, we don't need his head to get any bigger ;). I enjoyed every part of this anthology and I can rarely say that, It has such a mishmash and it shouldn't work but it really does! It is almost like each piece com ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
May 25, 2014 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
What more can you ask for but to have all of Zack's writings in one book? His range is amazing, from comical to thought provoking. Yes his writing can take you where you want to go and beyond. My favorite by far is Sex In The Title. I found that living the lives of guys looking for love was hysterically fun and sad at the same time. Making me rethink the way men think of relationships. Fun exciting and thought provoking, that is how would definitely sum up Zack's Anthology.
  • Fulfillment and Attainment (Temptation, #3 & 3.5)
  • Sick Day
  • Understories
  • Infidelities
  • The Seven Stages of Anger and Other Stories
  • Long Lankin
  • The Things We Lose, The Things We Leave Behind
  • Jellyfish
  • Love of the Game - The Complete Collection (Love of the Game, #1-5)
  • SaltWater
  • Island Fog
  • Miracle Boy and Other Stories
  • Unhoppy (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist #3)
  • Alphabetique, or Tales of the Lives of the Letters
  • The Boy Who Could See Death
  • Brief Eulogies at Roadside Shrines
  • Women and Ghosts: Tales
  • The Language of Elk
Pardon the minimal content here. You're more likely to find new stuff on my author site: http://zacklove.com

And here's my bio:

Zack Love graduated from Harvard College, where he studied mostly literature, psychology, philosophy, and film. After college, he moved to New York City and took a corporate consulting job that had absolutely nothing to do with his studies. The attacks of September 11, 2001
More about Zack Love...

“Have you ever experienced a beauty of soul, an esthetic grace, that was so intense it made you want to cry?"

From Central Park Song ( A Screenplay )”
12 likes
“When you look for beauty, you usually end up finding it.

From Central Park Song (A Screenplay)”
8 likes